I Didn't Text Him...Vodka Did Ch. 5

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Then I left. No goodbyes, no attempt to figure out what was going on, my shattered heart couldn't take it. On the cab ride home I stared out at the world, my head resting against the cool glass. I did my best not to think about the cab ride the night before, but as expected, I failed miserably.

I made it all the way to the apartment before my control broke. I didn't even make it as far as the living room, instead I found myself sinking to the floor just inside the door and crying until there was nothing in me left to cry. Then I crawled into bed where I stayed for the next 24 hours.

On Monday I made a call to the only man who'd never abandoned me.

"Hello sweetheart," Charlie said, "I hope you're calling with good news."

I burst into tears.

"Oh Chicken," he said. "It can't be as bad as all that."

"I need to take my vacation," I said, "all of it."

There was silence on the other end of the phone. Then, "Where are you going?"

"Anywhere but here." I sucked back another sob and shook my head. "I need to Charlie, I need to get away. Please."

If he was surprised that me of all people was asking to take 2 months off and travel, he didn't say a word. God bless him.

"Why don't you take the cabin." Always one with a solution, Charlie put my plan in place. "You can go to the house and get the SUV. Take Sampson as well, he could use some time in the country."

"That's a good idea," I said with a sigh of relief. There was no way I could think clearly right now, I desperately needed him to help me. Wiping away a fresh round of tears I tried to control myself. "I really appreciate it."

"Don't worry about it," he said with false cheer. "I've been trying to get you to take a vacation for months. I love you Allie, everything will be ok."

"I love you too Charlie."

12