I Don't Believe You

Story Info
Husband discovers his wife's Indeed profile.
8.3k words
4.01
97.2k
119
92
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Zeb_Carter
Zeb_Carter
3,078 Followers

Copyright © 2029 - This is an original work by Zeb Carter and is protected under copyright by U.S. copyright law. It is only submitted at Literotica.Com and any submission to any other site has not been authorized by the Author.

Author's Note: Okay, not really a Burn the Bitch, but not a reconciliation either. More a middle of the road like a lot of marriages.

I Don't Believe You

I was sitting at my desk looking through some resumes on Indeed. I was looking for a new executive assistant as Molly, she's my current EA, was leaving in a month to have a baby and I needed someone to fill in for her while she was on maternity leave. Anyway, I was scanning through all the EA resumes when I came across my wife's profile. I didn't even know she was looking as she had just had our son, Brandon, two months ago and was still on maternity leave. Then I noticed the date posted. It was from right after we were married.

I smiled to myself as I remember how excited she was to have found a job so quickly. We got married right out of college. I already had a position with a big firm in a suburb of Chicago. Her new job would require her to take the train into the city. I wasn't happy about that but what could I do. She was happy and I liked her when she was happy. I tried to make her happy as much as I could. Mindy and I, I'm John, have been married for eight years. It has been a happy eight years and when she told me she was pregnant, I was even happier. Even though we had never talked about having children so soon. We were only twenty-nine years old and both just getting established in our careers.

I sat there looking at Mindy's resume when I read something I had never seen in a resume for an EA before. I shook my head in disbelief. "I will gladly meet the executive's every need." Huh? What did she mean? I suddenly got a pain in my stomach. I thought I was going to throw up. I buzzed Molly.

"Yes sir," she replied.

"Could you come in here a minute?" I asked.

"Be right there."

She came waddling into my office, a smile on her face. She was ready to have her baby, I just hoped it didn't happen today.

"What can I do for you, sir?" she asked.

"What do you make of this phrase in this resume?"

I had scrolled the document so you couldn't read the name. She bent over next to me and read the line I was pointing too. She gasped, standing up quickly.

"Whose resume is that?" she asked.

"Doesn't matter. What does that line mean? It obviously caught your attention."

"It means that woman will do anything the exec wants, including having sex with him."

"How do you know that?"

"There was a headhunter a while back, that told me that and said if I put that in my resume there were some pretty big hitters in the business world who would pay me handsomely to come work for them if I agreed to that."

"What?" I gasped.

"Yeah, that's what I said. I looked him in the eye and told him I was married. He said it doesn't matter to these execs. I was shocked. I got up and walked out of his office."

"Do any of the resumes you have received have that line in them?"

"No, thank god. Besides, I know you're not that kind of man."

"Well, thank you, Molly."

"Whose resume is that?" she asked again.

"It's just one I found online for someone looking for an EA job."

"Ah, okay," she replied, turned and left my office.

I sat there now stunned about what I just learned about my wife. My stomach was still stirring and my blood started to boil with anger. I also felt betrayed by my wife. But, before I confronted her, I had to be sure, that was what she was doing. Then another thought crossed my mind. Was Brandon mine? Well, that I could check on with a DNA test. I picked up the phone and called my doctor's office to make an appointment for the next day. They couldn't get me in until the day after that, but that was okay. Ten in the morning day after tomorrow. I then called my boss and told him I wouldn't be in until late the day after tomorrow. He said that was fine. Didn't even ask me why.

Getting out of my chair, I walked to my office door to tell Molly.

"I'll be getting in late on Thursday," I said.

She looked down at my calendar, turned to me.

"You have an appointment with Mr. Dodson at two."

"That's fine, I'll be here by then. Do I have everything I need for that meeting?"

"You do. The folder is on your desk, sir."

"Molly, how many times do I have to tell you, you don't have to sir me?" I asked.

"A lot, sir." I shook my head as I smiled at her.

"Stop that. My name is John, please."

"Okay, okay, John," she said in a teasing voice.

"You really know how to exasperate me, don't you?"

"Do I, sir?" she said frowning.

"Go home and exasperate your husband, I shouldn't need you for the rest of the day."

It was three in the afternoon, so she was getting off two hours early. I turned and went back to my office.

"Thank you, John," she shouted to me as I sat in my chair.

I sat there staring at the resume on my monitor. The feelings of anger and betrayal raged in my mind. She got that job eight years ago, that might mean she had been fucking someone else for almost our entire marriage. That pissed me off even more. I wanted to scream but, I would have to wait to do that. Then I wondered if 'he' was stopping by the house while I was at work. Damn it. Now I didn't want to go home because I just know I would want to beat the living shit out of Mindy. Then it hit me, I didn't know anything for sure. I slowly calmed down at that thought.

But I had to know. How... well I already had a plan for that. But what if Brandon was mine? What does that prove? She stopped fucking him or had him use a rubber while she was off the pill? And why didn't she talk to me before going off the pill? So many questions, not too many answers. I picked up my desk phone and dialed home. It went to voice mail. I then dialed Mindy's cell phone. It too went to voice mail. Deeper and deeper. I printed out her resume, got it off the printer and put it in my briefcase. I sat back down, closed my eyes, and wept silently.

~~~ I D B Y ~~~

On my way home, my cell rang. It was Mindy. I let it go to voice mail. I really didn't want to talk to her. As I drove down the street, I saw her car was in the driveway. So, she must have been out. I shook my head as I pulled up next to her car. I was dreading going into the house, except I did want to see Brandon. Then I thought what if he's not mine? My stomach did flip-flops. I sat there for just a couple of minutes. I sighed as I started to open my door and Mindy was there ready to knock on the window. She must have been watching for me. She stepped back letting me get out. Then she was all over me. I just stood there looking tired.

"What's wrong dear?" she asked confused.

"Nothing, I'm just tired and there is something wrong with my stomach. I made a doctor's appointment but, it's not until Thursday. Sorry."

"Oh my poor baby," she said. "Come in the house and I'll take good care of you."

I almost blurted out, "like you have been doing to Jake Travers" but I held my tongue. I locked my car, leaving my briefcase inside. I followed Mindy up to the house and inside. She pulled me into the bedroom and started to take off my clothes. I pushed her away.

"I can undress and maybe it's best you stay away from me. After all, you have to take care of Brandon," I said hanging up my suit coat.

"Okay, sweetheart," she replied slowly leaving the bedroom.

Backing up, I sat on the bed and just sighed. The anger and betrayal I had felt all day made me so damn tired. I undressed putting on a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. I then went to the guest room and lay down. My mind was racing with what I didn't know. It was driving me crazy. I closed my eyes and I must have fallen asleep, the next thing I knew I was being shaken. It was Mindy.

"John, dinners ready, dear," she said still shaking me.

"Okay, okay," I said opening my eyes.

She was leaning down to kiss me. I turned my head.

"Don't, I don't know what I got and I don't want the baby getting it," I said.

"What about me?" she said smiling.

"Well, the only way for Brandon to catch it would be from you, dear."

I almost choked on that. Her smile turned into a frown.

"I don't want you catching it either, dear."

She smiled, then quickly turned away and left.

"It's getting cold," she said over her shoulder as she stepped into the hallway.

I groaned as I sat up. I was still extremely tired. I got up and went to the kitchen. Mindy was there eating and feeding Brandon at the same time. I smiled when I saw Brandon. He was a cute baby but, was he mine? None of his features looked like mine. He does have his mother's eyes. I sat, got one whiff of the food and was sick to my stomach.

"I'm sorry, I don't think I can eat tonight."

"Well, then you better stay away from Brandon and me. Try a beer, maybe that will settle your stomach," Mindy said as she held the bottle for Brandon.

I went to the fridge and got a beer, then went to the den and sat on the couch and turned on the TV. Taking a swig of beer, I let the cool brew slosh around in my mouth. I then swallowed. When it hit my stomach, I relaxed. It had settled it to my surprise. I took another swig, swallowing. I then just sat there sipping my beer and watching TV. I saw Mindy walk by with the baby to his room. She was back by quickly. I heard her banging around in the kitchen. Then a thought struck me. Maybe she was hoping that I could watch Brandon while she went out. Or she wanted some loving from me. After all, she had been off work for two months almost. I'm sure she was missing Jake's cock.

I finished my beer, turned off the TV, and went to bed, in the guest room. I heard Mindy come in. She felt my forehead, sniffed, and left. Yep, she wanted to go out. Looked like she lost the chance. I closed my eyes and was quickly asleep.

~~~ I D B Y ~~~

I woke up to the cries of the baby. Then I heard Mindy rushing past the guest room door. She was at least an attentive mother. I lay there listening to her change and feed Brandon. I couldn't hear the words but, I got the tone of her voice. Even though she was trying to soothe Brandon, I could still detect a little anger in her voice. When she was done, she came to the guest room to check on me. I guess she still cared about me.

"Are you okay?" she asked softly.

"For now. If I move, my stomach starts complaining." I didn't like lying to her but, I didn't want to be near her until I know for sure. "Thank you for checking on me."

"You're my honey, John. I love you."

"I love you, too." I almost choked on that word, even if I didn't know, what I thought she was doing was true.

"Goodnight."

"Goodnight," I replied.

She left the guest room. I lay there thinking I have to get proactive about this. Tomorrow, I would have to call a couple of friends to help me.

Later, Brandon crying awakened me again. I saw Mindy rush past the room door. It was still dark out, so I knew I would be able to get some more sleep. When Mindy was finished with the baby, she again stopped by me. She sat on the bed next to me looking into my eyes.

"What's wrong, sweetheart?" she asked tears in her eyes.

I was shocked, so the look on my face told her everything.

"Nothing. Why would you think there was anything wrong?"

"You don't have a fever, yet you're complaining of an upset stomach, so it's not the flu."

"I feel like I have a fever. Every bone in my body aches and my stomach is still doing flip-flops. Even as I lay here," I said softly.

She put her hand on my forehead and shook her head.

"Your hand was cool on my skin, honey." Again, I lied to her.

"Well, your forehead wasn't warm, at all."

She put her hand on my cheek, smiled, then stood and left the room quickly. I just closed my eyes and tried to go back to sleep.

~~~ I D B Y ~~~

I woke to Brandon crying again. It was light out and it was morning. Duh. I looked at the bedside clock it read seven o'clock. It was time to get up for work. I was still feeling a little queasy and tired. Holy shit, not knowing was causing me real problems. I trudged into the bathroom and took a shower. Then I dressed for work and went downstairs.

"You're going to work?" Mindy asked surprised.

"I have to. I have meetings all day and tomorrow, which I can't reschedule. I'll warn them to stay clear."

"What about Molly?"

"Her too."

"When will you be home, I need to go out shopping and I would like not to take Brandon with me."

"I won't be home until late, sorry."

"How late?"

"Ten or so, sorry." I wasn't letting her out of here without the baby that was for sure.

"Fine," she snapped. "I guess I'll have to wait until Saturday."

"Sorry," I replied.

I hoped by Saturday I would know, but maybe not, DNA tests take a while. Maybe there was a simpler way and I could do both. I left without saying goodbye. Once in the office, as I was walking past Mindy.

"Get Sid Allen on the phone for me, please?" I asked.

"Of course, John. Good morning," she said a little snippy.

"Sorry, Mindy. Good morning. Could you get Sid Allen on the phone for me, please?"

She just smiled at me as I went to my desk and sat down. She buzzed me I and I picked up the blinking line.

"Sid, John, good morning."

"What can I do for you, John?" Sid asked.

"I need a favor."

"Go on," he replied.

"Several maybe."

"Okay, you know I'll do almost anything for you," he said.

"I don't want you out of pocket anything, I will pay for what you do for me, Sid."

"No problem."

"Okay, I'll send you an email of what I would like you to do. Okay?"

"Fine. I'll call you back if there's a problem."

"Good, thank you."

I turned on my computer and when it had finished booting up, I brought up and web email account not associated with the company. I send Sid the list of things I want him to either do or coordinate for me. I printed it out my printer then deleted it from the sent folder.

Tomorrow morning I had to be up before Mindy and the baby, so I could collect the DNA from Brandon. I didn't get much done during the day other than the few appointments I had. I just sat there looking at that damn resume of Mindy's. I had to know if she was having an affair and if Brandon was even mine. Now I had to figure out what I was going to do until ten tonight. I didn't want to leave work, just in case Mindy decided to come by to see if my car was in the lot. I knew she couldn't get in after eight, so I was set there.

About six that evening, Mindy came into my office pushing Brandon in his stroller. I prepared for her coming. I had file folders out on my desk, some open, others in a pile in my outbox and others still piled in my inbox. I leaned back in my chair as Brandon looked up at me and said 'Da.'

"I thought you could use a little nourishment," Mindy said placing a plastic container on the corner of my desk.

"Why thank you," I said.

"I need a big favor, honey?" she asked.

"Hmmm... what?"

"Could you watch Brandon for a couple of hours..."

"I wish I could but, I told you I have work to do and in about twenty minutes three people are going be here for a meeting. Sorry. Besides, I'm still not feeling well." Boy, she was hot to see Jake, for sure.

"Oh, come on honey..." she pleaded.

"What is so important that it can't wait until tomorrow or this weekend?" I asked.

"It's not important, it's just I have been cooped up with Brandon, unable to go out with my girlfriends. I'm going bonkers. I need to be with some adults." She was almost shouting. Could that be it? I doubted it very much.

"Aren't I enough adult for you, dear?" I asked almost glaring at her.

"Of course you are but, you're ill," she said.

"I'm really sorry, Mindy, I really am. I'll be home tomorrow night, reschedule," I said almost snickering.

"No, they only go out on Wednesday nights. That's tonight."

"Sorry, dear," I said almost throwing up in my mouth.

"Okay, okay, then I guess I'll see you when you get home," she said resigned to her fate.

"I will see you then. Kiss Brandon for me," I said waving at the little tike.

He smiled at me and almost looked as if he was waving back. I smiled. He smiled. Mindy came around my desk and leaned in to give me a kiss. I turned my head away and she got my cheek.

"Why won't you kiss me?" she groaned.

"I don't want you getting what I got until I find out what I have. We should know tomorrow, okay?"

"Of course. I love you," she said.

I couldn't get out of telling her without raising suspicion.

"I love you, too. Drive safely," I said almost heaving.

I watched her push Brandon's stroller out the door. I leaned back in my chair and sighed silently. I scrubbed my face with my hands. My cell phone started ringing. I picked it up.

"Hello," I said.

"Sid, here, your wife isn't at home," said Sid.

"Yeah, she just left my office. She should be there in about fifteen minutes."

"Ah, okay, John. I have a guy there... hold on a second." The line went quiet.

"Okay, my guy at your office picked her up as she was leaving. She doesn't look like she is coming home from what he said. I'll get back to when I know more. Sorry, this is happening, buddy."

"Thanks, Sid. Talk to you later."

"No problem," he said disconnecting.

Now I wondered where she was going. I turned to my computer and brought up an application I had gotten a long time ago. I had kept it up to date and hadn't had an occasion to use it until now. I punched in Mindy's phone number and after a couple of minutes, a dot appeared on the map on the screen. She wasn't even going in the direction of home. I watched as she drove to who knows where. When the dot came to a stop, I zoomed in on the map. She was off the roadway. I clicked to get a satellite image of where she was. It was a hotel. So she was meeting the asshole anyway. My cell started ringing.

"Sid?" I asked.

"Yeah, buddy. It doesn't look good. She's at the Hyatt and she just zipped by the desk and got in an elevator. One of my girls is in the elevator with her."

"Shit. Okay, give her about fifteen minutes before you do anything, okay?"

"Sure thing. Sorry." Sid disconnected.

It looked as if it was going down tonight, not sometime in the future. Fucking bitch. I waited to hear from Sid. The fifteen minutes dragged by very, very slowly. I left my office and drove to the Hyatt. I was there just in time. My cell rang.

"Sid I'm at the hotel," I said.

"Well, come on up to the eighth floor. You'll see the commotion."

"Be right there." I disconnected and hurried to the elevators.

As I stepped out, I saw some people down the hallway to my right. Then I saw Sid standing at a door. I could hear yelling and shouting coming from inside the room. I could hear Brandon crying. I quickened my steps.

"John, before you go in. We got everything you wanted and more."

"Were they doing... when you burst in?" I asked.

"They were. We got pictures and videos."

"Good. Now to get the DNA."

"I'll have my girl do that, John."

"Okay, I want to be present as a witness."

"Sure, no problem."

We both entered the room, Jake was yelling at the men that were holding him. Mindy was on the bed crying as she held Brandon. I just shook my head at her. When she saw me, she started crying even harder and lowered her head avoiding my eyes. I didn't say a word, I just watched. Sid was talking to a very pretty blonde across the room. He handed her three plastic tubes. She nodded, went over to Mindy, took one tube and popped the end exposing a cotton swab. She grabbed Mindy's head. Mindy opened her mouth. The blonde swabbed her cheek, closing the top. She then took a second swab and did the same to Brandon, although a little gentler.

Zeb_Carter
Zeb_Carter
3,078 Followers