I Go on a Date Pt. 02

Story Info
I was right, they weren't.
5.3k words
4.35
87.1k
82

Part 2 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 09/14/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

You may call me an asshole. It's a title assigned to me a few times previously. I maybe even accept it a little too willingly. I had spent the better part of last evening inflicting maximum emotional pain on my spouse. I will tell you this. Although things were going as expected, I wasn't getting any pleasure from it. I knew I wouldn't when I devised this crazy plan. My pleasure wasn't the point. Revenge wasn't the point either. I was trying to save my marriage. I was showing Chris just how fucked up all this cheating business would become. What would it be like if I started fucking other women and she other men? I was hoping she was starting to understand that infidelity would destroy our marriage.

When I first discovered her plans for a hookup, I thought about confronting her. Letting her know I found those damaging emails. Letting her know I knew she was planning to fuck her hookup when I went out of town in a couple of weeks. The thoughts of her with another man sickened me beyond measure.

Confronting her might have worked, but I wasn't sure it would be enough. Oh yes, she would have been remorseful. I'm sure she would have felt guilty and told me it was a mistake. She would use the fact that she hadn't actually fucked him yet to her advantage.

I'm sure she would say she would never do it again and told me how 'sorry she was for even considering it', but I know that wasn't going to be enough. Letting her off that easy, I would never have been able to trust her. I had to let her feel the pain I was feeling. Maybe then, she would understand the magnitude of her betrayal. I had to find a way I would be safe. This 'I want to date' might not work, but I was going to assure my safety, even if it meant divorcing Chris.

My intervention had to be a substantial moment in our marriage, one that would change us fundamentally. One that was so devastating it either destroyed us or would completely change the dynamic of our existing marriage. If I were to only confront her, it would only gloss over our real problems. I wasn't sure exactly what our problems were, but if we survived, we would have to find out and fix them. A simple confrontation would only eventually result in the end of my marriage and would probably be torture for me in the meantime.

I was determined to tear down our current marriage dynamic and hopefully expose the damage. I wasn't sure what had driven Chris to consider cheating, but we were going to find out, or my marriage was going to die trying. My family, remaining whole, depended on us finding out. Then maybe, if the damage wasn't too great, we could rebuild what we had previously?

**-**

The next morning Chris didn't say a word to me. I laid in bed and watched as she dressed and acted like I didn't exist. I knew she was in her full silent-treatment mode. She left the room and I laid there thinking.

It was Friday, the day of my date, and I wasn't sure what Chris had planned. I said a small prayer that she wouldn't arrange a babysitter tonight and go to her lover. I knew I was pushing her in that direction, but I hoped she wasn't that far gone yet.

I went downstairs still in my pajamas. Chris was in the kitchen, leaning against the counter drinking a cup of coffee. I poured a cup and took a sip of it.

I decided to open the conversation.

"Maybe we should talk? I think we both have some things we should be talking about."

I was hoping Chris would have spent time last night not just thinking about what I was saying but what she had been contemplating. From what I had read in her emails, it was clear. She planned to fuck some guy the next time I went on a business trip.

Chris walked right past me not saying a word and headed to the living room. I followed.

I saw she had packed a suitcase, and she was at the door by the time I entered.

"I'm going to my parents tonight, Ron. I can't believe what you're planning. I will say this, you do not have my permission to go on a date and if you do, this marriage is over."

I didn't say anything. I just looked down as if I was guilty as charged. If Chris wasn't going to come clean about her planned affair, it was onto the next phase of my plan. I looked up.

"Chris, I'll be home early tomorrow. Maybe we can take the kids to the waterpark again?" I wanted Chris to think that I still believed my date wouldn't damage our marriage.

"Fuck you, Ron." She slammed the door as hard as she could. Another possible door repair, I thought.

Yes, I guess I am an asshole.

**-**

In our bedroom, as I was dressing for work, I glanced down at the picture of Chris and me on the dresser. We were sitting at a table eating tapas in Marbella, Spain. It was our tenth anniversary, and we had left the kids with my parents and flew into Sevilla. We had spent a wonderful week on the Costa del Sol and at the beautiful Alhambra gardens of Granada. I had to wonder if wonderful times like that would ever be ours again. I knew I wasn't giving up without a fight, and my fight was with Chris's mind and emotions. She was feeling them already from my actions of the past couple of days. She was experiencing the same feeling of betrayal I had felt that first day after my discovery.

"Dammit," I said out loud and pounded my fit on the dresser. What had happened to us? I sat back on the bed. I could feel the tears streaming down my face. Why was Chris planning an affair with some anonymous dick? How could she do that to us?

I was telling her I was going on a date, but it wasn't how I projected it. I was playing this dangerous game. It was all so crazy. But I was going through with my plan. I wasn't going to let my marriage go down without a fight.

I would be going on my date with Vic tonight.

**-**

I called Bill and Vic, then Doug. I asked them if they were still in on the plan we had decided. They told me they were, and we talked about the details. As you have probably guessed, it wasn't going to be a real date. The date was to be staged. Bill was Vic's husband and Doug was a close friend of ours. I met with them previously and convinced them to help me.

I wasn't really going to date outside my marriage. What ignoramus would believe that dating while married is acceptable? If you're married, you can't be intimate with another. And Chris was going to find that out very soon. But first... my date.

**-**

Now Friday evening, I was standing outside of Mahogany, one of the most expensive restaurants in our area. I sent a text to Chris, "I love you and want our marriage to work. I hope you love me too." I meant every word of that text.

A minute later Chris responded, "Then you are not going on your stupid date, RIGHT?"

I put my phone back in my pocket.

Just then, Vic's Uber drove up. I knew Doug, her husband, was already inside at the bar. Vic and I were going to have a nice romantic dinner with Bill and his wife Hanna eating nearby. We would be laughing and touching, like we were lovers, but it was all going to be a show.

"You look lovely, Vic."

"Oh, Ron, you never say those things to me at work." She was joking, but I also noticed she was blushing.

"Are you sure you want to go through with this, Vic? I know I'm asking a lot."

"Besides a colleague, Ron, I consider you a friend. I want to help you if I can."

"Thank you, Vic. I'll try to make this as painless as possible."

"It seems like a crazy plan but, as you explained it, you might be right. You know I would never do anything to damage your marriage. I would never cheat on Doug, but if you believe this might help save your marriage, I want to help."

I was having second thoughts.

"You are a good friend, Vic, but I'm not sure if I can go through with it. Even play-acting feels so wrong."

"Ron, it's only dinner. Doug's in there and I'm going home with him after the meal. You aren't doing anything wrong."

"I know, but I'm not a very good actor."

"Ron, just go with it. For dinner, and just for dinner, think of me as your lover. Think about us having dinner, then making passionate love afterward. I'll pretend if you will."

Vic smiled and winked. I didn't normally think of Vic this way, she was just a friend and a great project manager but tonight, the way she was dressed and acting, she was sexy and alluring. I think she knew this is exactly what I needed.

"Thank you, Vic. I'll try not to undress you with my eyes... very often." I looked her up and down doing my best hungry wolf impression. Now it was my turn to tease her.

Vic slapped my shoulder. "You are a cad, you know that, right?" She had a big smile on her face.

"Care for dinner my lady?" I smiled and gestured towards the door. Vic took a hold of my arm as we walked in Mahogany.

**-**

Tonight was going to cost me an arm and a leg, so I was determined to enjoy it. Besides Vic's and my dinner, I was also paying for Doug and Hanna's. I made their reservations for a half-hour before ours. Hanna and Doug were good friends of Chris and me, and Hanna was the outspoken type. She enjoyed gossip and didn't hesitate to put her nose in other's business. I convinced Doug to bring his wife to dinner and be Chris's witness to the date's festivities.

Doug was kind of a cheapskate, so if I was paying, he could take his wife out to a nice dinner.

"I have to wonder if Hanna knows about Chris's cheating plans," Doug said. "That would not be good. We are going to talk about that after this is over."

"Doug, as far as Hanna will ever know, you are taking her to a nice dinner at one of the most exclusive restaurants in the city. I hope you both enjoy it thoroughly. You know I will be there with Vic, but I will never say a word to Chris that you and Hanna being there was a setup.

**-**

As Vic and I walked in, I glanced around and saw Bill sitting at the bar. I nodded at him and he responded in kind. I also saw Doug and Hanna sitting at a table towards the back. Doug saw me as well and I knew, if Hanna didn't notice, Doug would eventually point us out. I told him I didn't want to spoil their nice dinner, so he should wait until they were ready to leave.

I was very nervous as we first sat down. Vic, ever the lady, charmed me and soon I calmed down and we had our drinks and food ordered. I was just sitting there, not sure what to do next. Vic moved her chair closer and took my hand.

"You are a good man, Ron and I'm looking forward to dinner." Vic took hold of my hand. "After you found out about Chris's activities, you didn't just blow up your marriage. Most men would have, you know?" She paused looking into my eyes. "I know you still love her and want what is best for your kids. Many husbands would have just let their ego and emotion drive the situation to a disaster. At least you are fighting for your marriage."

"Vic, I'm not sure this is going to work, but I had to try."

"Whatever happens, I'm sure it will be very difficult and emotional for everyone but I know you, Ron. You will try to find the path of least destruction for your family. And, you will make it work, either way." As she was speaking she leaned forward and kissed my cheek.

I turned my head sideways as I was receiving Vic's lovely kiss. I glanced toward Doug and Hanna's table. They must have finished dinner. Hanna was up and walking quickly my way, looking directly at us. I could see the fire in her eyes.

As Hanna came to our table I stood. I wanted to look guilty, so I acted shocked.

"Hanna, Doug, ah, nice to see you."

Hanna glared at me.

"Ron, how are you? I didn't expect to see you here this evening." Then she looked at Vic but still spoke to me, "Where's Chris?"

Hanna then looked back at me staring directly into my eyes.

"She's at her parents," I said softly. I paused, then made my introduction, "Hanna, Doug, this is Vic. Vic these are longtime friends of mine." I looked at Hanna and Doug. I didn't try to explain further.

Vic spoke, "Nice to meet you two."

Doug, Hanna, and I stood there for a long, awkward moment, not saying anything. I sat back down. "Would you care to join us for a drink?" It was all I could think to say.

Doug spoke up, "No thanks, we just finished dinner and are leaving." He glanced at Hanna who we was now digging in her purse.

"Not yet," Hanna said, finally finding her phone, which she raised then snapped a picture of Vic and me. "Now we can leave," Hanna said in a huff. "Goodbye, Ron. Nice to meet you, Vic."

Doug looked truly embarrassed but quickly followed his wife towards the door.

Vic and I sat there for a few moments, and then we both broke out laughing. My plan had worked, better than I expected. Hanna had even gotten a picture. I knew it would soon be on its way to Chris.

"Don't be angry at Hanna. She really is a good friend, you know," Vic said. "She would like to strangle you right now, but she has yours and Chris's best interests at heart."

"Yes, I know. And somehow I'm going to have to find a way to make it up to her. I'm not sure I can ever tell her we set her up, but I will find a way to atone." I did feel bad for bringing Hanna into this mess but hoped that she would be okay with her part in possibly saving my marriage, even unknowingly.

I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I pulled it out. It was a message from Doug. All it said was, "Done." I knew that meant Hanna was talking to and probably sending the pictures to Chris. I kinda felt sad for Chris. Even with her planned betrayal, I knew the pain she was now experiencing. It was gut-wrenching. I wouldn't keep her in this state for long. Hopefully, only tonight. Tomorrow, we would talk and she could try to explain why she was planning to cheat on me.

I got up and walked over to Bill at the bar.

"Bill, would you do me the honor of joining your lovely wife at the table. She is at this gorgeous restaurant and you two make a lovely couple. My exciting night is over." I pulled out a credit card and handed it to him. "It's on me, enjoy it."

Bill nodded. I think he could see the sadness in my eyes. "I would love to, Ron." He patted me on the back. "I hope everything works out for you."

After Bill sat down, I pulled out my phone and took a picture of them together.

"I may need this for proof later." They both nodded.

**-**

After leaving the restaurant, I drove to my parents. It was early and they were still up. Mom knew something was up immediately but didn't ask. She walked me to the kitchen, and I sat at the table. Dad sat down next to me as mom poured us each a glass of iced tea.

"Mom, Dad," I said. Chris and I are having problems right now. I don't want to go into details right now, but I'm hopeful we can fix them. I'm sure you will be hearing more in the coming weeks but tonight I just can't talk about it." I was having a hard time holding my emotions in check. Mom nodded her head. Dad just looked at me with a pained expression on his face. I think they understood.

Mom fixed me up in the guest room. It was a fitful night's sleep knowing the pain Chris was experiencing. Although Chris was at her parents', I knew the ringer on our home phone would be getting a workout from her. I hadn't gone home, and she would assume I was with Vic.

Just as I had realized two weeks earlier, it's devastating finding out you are no longer enough for your spouse. What you thought was a solid, loving relationship was now tenuous, maybe even broken beyond all repair. Maybe our future wasn't growing old together, playing with grandkids, driving around the country in our RV?

I couldn't sleep and was up at 6 am making coffee. I turned on my phone. I could see Chris had called about 2 am, but she hadn't left a message. I sent a text to her telling her I was headed home.

I texted her again, "We need to talk. Can you come home without the kids?"

Chris texted back almost immediately. "I called the house phone all night, you didn't come home."

Then, shortly, another text. "I can't believe you did it! We are over."

It was going to be a long and difficult day.

My phone buzzed again. "Start packing your bags now. I'm coming over to help you."

**-**

I was standing in the living room when I saw her pull into the driveway. She jumped from the car, storming towards the house. The door flew open and she glared at me for a second. Then without saying a word, she flew in my direction. I knew what was coming and covered my head with my arms, doubling over to protect myself. Chris was flailing her arms and punching me every which way she could. I just let her. I'm 6'1", 210 pounds. Chris is small and about half my weight. I knew she couldn't really hurt me, so I let her get it out of her system. I could hear her crying.

"How could you, how could you?" she was screaming over and over until she finally wore out and collapsed on the floor. I stood there for a second, and then sat down on the floor as well.

"I can't believe you actually did it, Ron. What the fuck?" She looked up into my eyes and paused for a moment. "Was she worth it, Ron? We've been married for fifteen years, Ron, was fucking Victoria actually worth our marriage?"

Chris stopped talking and just sat there crying. Looking at her, my vision clouded, and I realized I was crying as well. As much as I wanted to be angry, the thought of us sitting here on the floor, our marriage in flux, was just sad. I realized there was a good chance our relationship wasn't going to survive this turmoil, and I cried along with Chris.

After a few minutes, the crying stopped, and we sat in silence, the sadness hanging over both of us.

Trying to get myself back together, I steeled my thoughts. My plan had worked, and I had driven the situation to this exact point. Chris had felt the pain of betrayal. Now was the time to drive my plan home. I tried to speak calmly, deliberately. I wanted these words to have an impact.

"What, Chris? You didn't like me going out and fucking some other woman? What's wrong with it? This is a modern world, many couples have open marriages. What would be wrong with me going out and fucking some young, beautiful woman every once in a while? You could find some young guy with a big cock and fuck him, too. Isn't that what you want?

"Fuck you, Ron. Of course, that's not what I want."

"I didn't Chris." I waited for a moment and started again. "I didn't go on a date with Vic."

Chris's head popped up in anger, and she jumped to her feet. "Oh no, you don't, Ron," she screamed. "Don't tell me that shit. Hanna saw you guys. She even got a picture. You were at the fuckin' Mahogany. You know how much I love that place. You just had to take her there, didn't you?" She paused as I stood. "You're a fuckin' asshole, you know that?"

Her calling me an asshole struck me as funny. I knew she was right and I grinned.

"You are right there, Chris, I am an asshole, but I didn't go on a date. And I didn't fuck Vic last night." Chris's angry eyes were still drilling holes through me.

"It was all a setup. I faked going on a date with Vic." I paused, letting my words sink in.

"Her husband was at the restaurant with us. I didn't even eat dinner. I spent the night at my parents. I was at their place, with Mom and Dad, by eight."

Chris was looking at me like I had two heads. "That's bullshit and you know it."

"Call them. What time did Hanna see us at the Mahogany? It was about 7:45. What time did she call you and send you that picture?" I waited, letting Chris wrap her head around what I was saying. "Yeah, shortly before 8:00. Well, I was at my parents' by 8:15. You can call them and ask them."

"Ok, so Hanna interrupted your romantic dinner and you decided to cancel the whole sordid evening. I'm glad it happened," Chris said.

"No, it wasn't like that. Think about it. Are you saying I was having a romantic dinner with Vic with her husband there? He was seated at the bar while Vic was at the table with me. I set it up so Hanna and Doug would also be there. Hell, I even paid for their dinner."

12