All Comments on 'I Go on a Date Pt. 02'

by IntuitiveJ

Sort by:
  • 74 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

The fact it was a fake date is over explained. Most readers got that the first or second time, but it keeps getting repeated over and over. Also, it mixed Bill and a Doug part way through the date.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 3 years ago
i still have the same problem with all of these types of stories

She is the only person than stop herself from cheating. All these plans and just pretending that it was going to happen is BS. Because now that she /he knows your going to be paying attention. They will plan and be more careful.

FireFox59FireFox59over 3 years ago
Enjoying It

I thought this was going to blow up in his face but he got exactly what he wanted. Looking forward to the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Wow I am shocked it's going in this direction. Lol. 26th is happiest when wives are burned at the stake or trolling kink stories.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 3 years ago

Totally predictable turning of the tables tableau so far. - - - - - - - - - -

The focus is on the (non) action and deception. This author needs to work on his characters and settings to best showcase the "gotcha" moment.

terraknorterraknorover 3 years ago

Wow...how quickly the tables turned.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
good story

Good story. Like how the husband confronted the issue, by making his wife get a taste of her own medicine. You could leave it at two parts and let readers wonder how it went, or continue.

Thanks. Gave it a 5.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Keep track of the husband/wife pairings

First you wrote, "Bill was Vic's husband and Doug was a close friend of ours.

<P>

Then, a few paragraphs later you wrote, "Just then, Vic's Uber drove up. I knew Doug, her husband, was already inside at the bar. Vic and I were going to have a nice romantic dinner with Bill and his wife Hanna eating nearby."

<P>

You seem to have finally settled on Bill & Vic and Doug & Hannah.

luedonluedonover 3 years ago
Marriage as a battle of wits

Goes down well with the BTB mob.

Any idea of working intelligently and cooperatively on a marital problem is beyond them.

Lue

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Don't Forget

Who is sweet Brian and how does Ron deal with him in a legal way, and not as a maniac?

hotprof1973hotprof1973over 3 years ago
Set this up to go either way

Without a dramatic change in any character (which normally isn’t a good thing), I’d be happy if this ends up in separation or reconciliation. That’s a perfect way to go. I’ll say you’ve picked perfect spots to end your chapters for a fully written story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The husband really is a bit of an asshole

Using Hanna like that probably is not only going to damage his friendship with her, but her own husband keeping her in the dark could damage their marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
What happens when Ron comes back...?

Will there be a third chapter..?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

Once she called his bluff, why didn't he then admit it and call her out about Brian?

You definitely mixed up Doug and Bill! Bill is Vic's husband, but then she's saying that she'd never cheat on Doug!

The ending didn't make sense to me. He succeeded! He shocked her out of the idea of cheating with Brian. I can see the need for counseling now, but not his explosion and walking out.

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobover 3 years ago
A well written story 5*

Characters well developed. The right amount of drama vs. action. Very enjoyable, thank you.

taylorsamtaylorsamover 3 years ago

Excellent 2nd chapter.

KoxokKoxokover 3 years ago

Enjoying the story so far, looking forward to part 3!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I think your beta readers are actually omega readers.

Loads of typos in the 1st 1/2 page.

Who's having dinner with Hanna? Bill or Doug? And if Doug is married to Hanna why is Vic going home with him? Especially if Bill is in the restaurant with Hanna. Maybe Bill and Vic will fuck Hanna while Doug is the cuck in this story... yes the whole restaurant part was a confusing mess!

Why is a man leaving a cheating wife about his ego? What about her betrayal to quote Ron?

Hanna's got the best interests of their marriage in mind when she takes a picture and stomps off without asking for an explanation and calls Chris with 1/2 a story.

Ron kept going on about being calm but was repeatedly getting angry and shouting. He's right he is an asshole. His actions, manipulating Chris with the fake date, shouting at her and not being clear about his intentions before walking out were borderline abusive and Chris may be well shot of him. The very least he should have told her he wanted to save their marriage, but it was all maybes, cheating and divorce.

He's done nothing but manipulate Chris and play with her emotions.

Still not liking Ron. Maybe her kinkiest fantasy is for someone to take her out, treat her respectfully and as an equal.

DarkerBindingDarkerBindingover 3 years ago

Thanks for the story, IntuitiveJ. It is well done and entertaining... espeicially for the price I had to pay to read it ;) Looking forward to the next installment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
HAHA!

Like getting drunk is going to help him feel better or think clearer. I've never understood why men think getting drunk solves anything. This was a good second chapter. We'll see how you finish up. I favor divorce. She's upset because she got caught. And this wasn't the first time she thought about cheating. Maybe she already has.....

Mrhappy4aaMrhappy4aaover 3 years ago
How does it feel?

Hooray, doesn't feel good, does it. So happy that he finally got to reveal his set up and destroy her and her plans. Now she knows that cheating hurts. He has given her 3 days to think about what she believed was an innocent affair. No one will know, thus, no one will get hurt. Looking forward to seeing the next chapter. This is fine writing with a good storyline. It is a standard cheating story but the way the characters are written, makes for a good and believable story. Most writers make the husband as unknowing and clueless or too much of a wimp to confront their cheating spouse. This is HOW real life moments happen. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The way you wrote this weak plot and story

He needed to confront her and see a marriage counselor not go on a make belief date. If she was only writing those emails to make her feel good or whatever . A divorce makes no sense. With two kids and a house unless your super rich that would make you broke for years. Finding out why and fixing this marriage would work better .

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 3 years ago
Great story but one problem:

Don’t piss down my back and call it rain!

He stated that he did all that to save his marriage and then at the end said that he wasn’t sure if his marriage would survive or if it was even worth fighting for! Well which is it?!? Because if he has no intention of fighting for his marriage then he did all this TO HURT HER! And if that’s the case, then she is better off without a man who mentally abused her and gaslighted her just to hurt her first.

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweedover 3 years ago
Confusion

The story flows well until you start going from Vic being married to Bill, then it is Doug, and then back to Bill. In the midst of all this you slip in Hanna as Doug’s wife.

mordbrandmordbrandover 3 years ago
Have to give it one star

If the tables were turned and it was the guy who came in flailing, then everyone would be on fire for him to go to jail. But it's alright if she does it because "she couldn't hurt him". Bullshit, he should divorce I for that alone. Spousal abuse is not OK, no matter who does it. Any story that trivializes it is a automatic one for me. Which sucks because I try to support any consequences type story in LW.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I'd divorce her. If she thought about, she'd eventually do it. As for coming at me punching and flailing her arms, my boxing training would probably take over...

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Editor

This thing needed an editor. First, Bill is married to Vic then Doug is then it seems that Bill is. That was just outright sloppy.

Worse, we get it, this is a crazy idea and he was trying to save his marriage. You established that the 900th time you said it. Really annoying, an editor would have cleaned that up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
People seem to think the husband flushed his plans down the drain

UNTRUE. His wife did!

The purpose of this fake date was to FORCE his emotionally cheating wife the PAIN of betrayal. She never ONCE looked guilty, sad, upset, or introspective about how HER PLANS mirrored his. She took up the mantle of righteous anger when she didn't have a leg to stand on.

She was HAPPY to do to her husband what she felt was TERRIBLE to her when reversed. There is no marriage to save at this point. She is almost not worth the effort now. If she was planning on leaving him, but sullen and quiet...maybe. But the bitch doesn't even have the CONSCIENCE to feel bad about her wayward thoughts/actions. Only a monster acts like she does.

mattenwmattenwover 3 years ago

The question is, why would the wife want to go on being married to an asshole like this husband? He is too stupid to confront her with the emails he found and to make it clear that he is a one woman man and expects the same from her. And if he can no longer trust her, then his stupid date trick also makes no sense! What kind of a partnership is it in which he tries to pay back what he has felt or feels! But we know enough about this typical Trump syndrome "an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth". It's just idiotic!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
sort of like it

This is one of my favorite themes and this was done well but in reality the setting up the fake date is more work than I would have done. In chapter 1 I would have forwarded the emails to my account and then send her and Brian an email with those attached saying now I know, keep her as she is a cheating slut and you Brian have the morals of an alley cat so enjoy each other.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 3 years ago
Awesome story so far

I have no idea what the naysayers are talking about. The story is completely believable and much of the narratives comments about a simple confrontation not having lasting effects is dead on reality. So much so, if anyone who reads this story is ever in their situation they should consider trying it. If this tact doesn't work, you were doomed anyway... Now on to Part 3!

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 3 years ago
It's going to happen

She said she's already backed out once before, you weren't supposed to find out, she hasn't done anything YET... Man, are you being set up. Find an attorney because no matter what you say or what she says she's going to fuck Brian.

arincharinchover 3 years ago
Mixed up

Doug and Bill.

ShadowRosieShadowRosieover 3 years ago

Please note: In the restaurant, you've got Vic married to Bill but also say he's married to Hanna. It's very confusing.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

My comment from yesterday has disappeared for some reason. I enjoyed this story when I first read it, and am enjoying it again. Your cuts are exactly where they need to be to keep readers interested. Too many comments like to nitpick and look for errors rather than enjoy the story. I hope those commentators who expressed their dislike of me won’t let that reflect in their scores. I only read it and gave my opinion. I’m not qualified, or inclined to be an editor. I’m most definitely not a writer. This is IntuitiveJ’s story, and it’s a good one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Sort of like,...

... Pre-BTB,...

BoytitsBoytitsover 3 years ago

I feel like you should have let her go all the way with the betrayal so easy to say it never was going to happen you’ll never know for sure now, loved no hated no not sure,of the story 3 from me

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Can't decide

How do you handle.?

Backed out? Where in sent folder?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

"No, Ron, you weren't supposed to find out. I only wanted to..." - Well, Duh! Of course he wasn't supposed to find out! That makes it okay, how?

mletroutmletroutover 3 years ago
Noooooo...

Don’t get drunk, Ron! Stay sober, please. Use the fine fitness facilities and pool to burn off steam. Get a good massage. Talk to your parents, not about your wife, but about them and their marriage. Alcohol is the first resort of the weak.

someoneothersomeoneotherabout 3 years ago

Some parts were confusing, but story is OK.

The most pertinent part of the dialogue was "I guess I wanted it, I wanted something. But, I didn't think I could really do it." To "want something" other than husband means that Chris is unhappy in her marriage. That she couldn't "do it" meant simply that she might be too smart or too timid to do anything. But failing to act does not resolve he unhappiness. That is really an end of a marriage, regardless of all the band-aids that one can put on it.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyalmost 3 years ago

Gutsy move! Still on the edge. Great suspense

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraalmost 3 years ago

I wondered why you didn't just cut to the chase in part-1, but reading part-2... it's BRILLIANT! An LW Classique!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

"No, Ron, you weren't supposed to find out. I only wanted to..." That's where you blew it, ruined the entire story. That is where the whore was going to admit to what she had planned. She had just admitted it was going to be a secret, but you just couldn't figure out how to let the whore reveal her true intentions without the entire marriage, and the story, coming to an abrupt end. In your attempt to prolong the suspense and the drama you just shot your MC and your plot in the head. He had all this time to think about this confrontation and when the wife starts to spill her guts he tells her to shut up? He wasn't even video taping the Big Reveal for later evidence, when Chris claims that Ron actually Bragged about fucking Victoria.

Sorry, if Ron is this stupid and short sighted then Chris wanting to try another man makes some sense. Obviously the author is this short sighted. Too bad, it was on a roll for being a classic.

Still, thanks for the effort.

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

Great chapter even better the second time through. You have a great story going here.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

RUBBISH! Childish characters, childish writing.1*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Ron may have been wronged but why did he have to be a petty, little whiney b**ch?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It always makes me laugh when a husband discovers his wife is a slut and decides that a LOT of alcohol will solve the problem or make it better. Even to the point of passing out. Can you say stupid idea?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

That whore would be history. I'd save those emails, and probably get the kids. If she was scheming this, she sure as shit was going to do it. He should have taken her to a weekend resort, and hopefully she'd drown in the pool.

MarkT63MarkT63over 2 years ago

Nice story so far. Divorce would be in HER future!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Drunk. Solves all the problems!!! Oh, that's right Thinking solves the problems.

But drunk kills brain cells. Huh?

SexecutionerSexecutionerover 2 years ago

Husband is straight pure sissy. Lays her down and puts a cool rag on her head AFTER exposing her betrayal? He's begging to be a cucky. This story is flawed,

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This story is so good, I think this is what I'll do if I'm ever in this unfortunate situation

chytownchytownover 2 years ago

***Thanks for the read.

CHUCK2468CHUCK2468about 2 years ago

Divorce is the only option here. She planned to do things with another man that she wouldn't do for husband. No man or woman would accept this. None. Should be in sci fi as this would NEVER happen.

But by the way its going its looking like a reconciliation.

DrgwngDrgwngabout 2 years ago

Hubby takes the blame and is conflicted about his actions ! Really? She cheated in every way possible and had attitude about her husband because she thought he did not know. The only she did not cheat was physical. Draw up,the divorce papers and keep on file for whenever they WILL BE NEEDED.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The entire first chapter with the fake date was a complete waste of time. What real man would go through some bullshit fake date to "show my wife what it feels like to be cheated on." Any man can tell you that a wife would find some way to twist that fake date into something that it wasn't and as it went in this chapter, it all ends up with him confronting her about her planned infidelity and the fake date is forgotten by both of them. The only way to do this is to confront her straight up with her plan for cheating and make sure her family knows about it as well. And throw her ass out back to her parents; why does the wronged husband pack up and leave? Fuck that; it's his house too. Get her cheating ass out of the house for a while to signal how serious it is. Perhaps even file for a formal separation to know he is serious. Any way it gets no better than 3*** which honestly is more than it deserves.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

HUSBAND DEFINITELY IS AN ASSHOLE. HE SAYS A MARRIAGE MUST BE BUILT ON TRUST WHICH, I ASSUME, MEANS HIS WIFE SHOULD BE ABLE TO BELIEVE WHAT HE SAYS. THEN, HE SUGGESTS SHE TAKE A LOVER, BUT HE HAS ALREADY DECICED TO DIVORCE HER IF SHE DOES WHAT HE SUGGESTED SHE DO. HE IS AS UNTRUSTWORTHY AS SHE IS.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

HE IS AN ASSHOLE JUST LIKE HE SAID. WHY NOT JUST CONFRONT HER WITH WHAT HE KNEW, AND IF THEY COULDN'T WOEK IT OUT, DIVORCE HER? IF HE LOVED HER, HE WOULDN'T WANT TO PUT HER THROUGH THAT PAIN. HE DESERVED EVERYTHING HE GOT AND EVEN MORE.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

It's good he gave her a taste of the pain she started that should never have existed and would not have accept for her cyber slutting.

Maybe it will teach her a life lesson.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

He played an idiotic game. The key point is she wanted to cheat. Confronting her would just made her take cover.

His stupid scheme was pointless as she fell apart when exposed. "You weren't supposed to find out". My isn't that comforting.

No, he should have not gone on the trip, unbeknownst to her, hired a PI. Bugged her comes and a GPS in here car. She's so stupid catching her in the act would be a cliché. Also, anyone catch the line,"I was going to back out. I blackout on the one before." Trusting this woman be a vote emotional self destruction. It would only be a matter of time before she did it.

A woman who truly loves her man would be horrified at even the thought she'd do that. She may say I love you BUT she 8s not in love with him.

And, upon that point, the marriage is dead.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The way in which Chris caved in when confronted with the evidence of her own infidelity rendered the whole fake date episode redundant. Ron was giving her the chance to realise the enormity of what she had done and what she was about to do but the penny didn't drop. He should have confronted her straight away and saved himself a lot of pain.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I don't agree with post about a month ago. The husband's deception was needed so that the cheating wife would get beyond the fantasy in her head and realize the real impact of her actions to their life and family. If he just exposed her, she would undoubtedly show remorse and claim to recommit and would like do so... for a while. She would still have the fantasy in her head that was driving the original behavior however, and would likely cheat again, this time doing a better job of hiding. He couldn't trust her. This was the best shot of preserving their marriage for the long term.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

5 stars

Rons plan was the only way for Chris to see the pain she already inflicted and was about to inflict so much more. Rons attempt at saving their marriage is a good one but Chris might be too far gone.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Story is OK but so many of these stories are based on the husband doing something tricky, like this and then having a confrontation. I guess that is seen as necessary to have a story to tell. But in real life, I think most would just confront her. Personally if I had ever stumbled on my wife in the same situation, "planning but not quite consummated cheating," I would (1) contact her mother and show her all the emails, (2) get my mo-in-law's advice as to how best to confront my wife and if possible, salvage the marriage, and (3) as soon as that is done, confront my wife to be followed immediately by her mother wailing on her. May sound strange to many, but my mo-in-law was closer to me than my own mother and my wife, feisty though she often is, held her mother in complete awe. And my mo-in-law would have gone ballistic on her daughter if she was planning something as bad as the wife in this story. Even planning would be enough for her to give her daughter the emotional "death penalty." Sadly my mo-in-law passed away just a few years ago but happily, to my good fortune, my wife has never given me any doubts of her fidelity.

lujon2019lujon2019over 1 year ago

Funny how when a woman cheats on a man he needs to get over his ego

but when a man cheats on a woman he needs to get over his ego

.

its almost like the issue isnt really about a mans ego but conniving whores being whores

EvelZombieEvelZombieover 1 year ago

I have this plan to save my marriage. Once said plan is enacted I have to keep my cool for the confrontation...but I loose my shit anyway lol. I want to save my marriage but maybe not cuz I am angry. Dude could have saved himself a lot of trouble by just confronting her and demanding they go to counseling

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Trainwreck of a story 2 stars and i just scrolled through it in less than 5 minutes. Put everybody out of their misery; have the Main Characters all die in an earthquake or something.

bobareenobobareenoover 1 year ago

I think the story is okay, but the cliche of getting drunk to deal with the issue is very, very tired.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Chris is brain dead AND a hypocrite to boot! ""You weren't supposed to find out". That's supposed to make feel better and restore his trust?

The very fact she thought about cheating might be a fatal wound. Setting concrete plans torpedos the ship.

She put a lot of time, creative deception and effort into this supposed fsntasy...then turns around saying she was going to cancel it? Just when did she plan to do that?

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 1 year ago

4 pages to get this far? good plot but way to slow

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Great move! Now that his wife is in turmoil, feels guilty and repents of her planned adultery - it's time for him to go to the hotel for three days to fuck Victoria! Well done! The wife, being broken, will definitely not suspect anything. I hope Vic comes up with some nonsense for his big trusting husband. Although, Bill, too, after the farce with the fake date, thinks Ron is the right man and an exemplary family man and hardly thinks that there can be anything between Victoria and Ron. Ron killed two birds with one stone. Now he can safely fuck a cute bunny...

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Dude, I think you forgot that Vic is married to Bill, the defensive lineman from Penn State not Doug.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userIntuitiveJ@IntuitiveJ
Glad many are enjoying my stories. I try to write them to be both entertaining and emotional with characters that are not perfect or complete monsters. I wish I had more time to write but will try to keep them coming. I love comments, it's the only form of payment so let me...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES