All Comments on 'I Hate My Boss, or Do I?'

by Iread2relax

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Nice

This was a sweet story. A few mistakes were in it, but not too bad. I can't wait to see what you write next.

PennLadyPennLadyalmost 12 years ago
Sorry...

I didn't like this story at all. None of the characters were terribly likable or sympathetic. How Lina can be described as "strong" when she seems to capitulate to everyone around her is beyond me. If she was so strong, why didn't she quit when Briggs started doing stupid things -- the clothing inspection, for example, would be sexual harassment. Also, if Lina is gay, then she's gay, and I don't see how an asshole boss doing things that are unethical is going to appeal to her. And if she's bisexual, that should have been stated somewhere. Look, I'm all for fantasy and suspending disbelief, but this just didn't work.

SenieceTaOSenieceTaOalmost 12 years ago
**

The story didnt piece together for me it just didnt work. Its not a lose by any means, its a do-over, few nips n tucks with the storyline and characters and its good for relaunch.. Have fun with it.

brownskinnedcutiebrownskinnedcutiealmost 12 years ago
Awesome!!

Matthew was on mission and that mission was Lina. He did the ultimate he conquered her heart. Loved it!!!

adjoaqadjoaqalmost 12 years ago
that's the spirit!

Now that's what I'm talking about! He went after what he wanted and never stopped till he got it. Good read!

honeybreehoneybreealmost 12 years ago
5!

All in all a very enjoyable read. Though at times I felt like Lina was getting manipulated into falling for Matthew not by Matthew himself solely but by his dad and friends as well like she was a pawn. I am glad Matthew pursued her and fought for her but it seemed like her previous life wasn't respected. And I do agree that maybe gay was not the right sexual orientation here but bisexual even if Lina never been with a man before if she is gay than she is gay no amount of pursuing or set ups by Matthew would change that fact that she isn't drawn to men. But despise that technicality the story was a dope and hot read.

DecadentdessertDecadentdessertalmost 12 years ago

I can appreciate all the comments left, there is truth to be found in each. I found it exciting! I approached the story from the perspective that he was living a fantasy aloud. I am strongly aware this behavior could not would not exist in real life, at least not for me, but I enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
good..but

The only thing that ruined it for me was the black woman having grey eyes...>.<

Great story though. :)

Iread2relaxIread2relaxalmost 12 years agoAuthor
Let Me Explain

Several people have commented on her sexual orientation. Well up until she found her self intersted in Matthew, Lina had only date Charlene. She never dated a guy, so for all intents and purposes, she did not think she was attracted to men. I think she made a statement about this in the text.

Then, Matthew's boorish behavior. He wanted her to quit. He ran off every assistant, so he decided to still act like an ass so that he could keep a lid on his feelings.

When he learned she and Charlene were finished, he didn't have to give her the evidence from the guy he hired. Becasue for all intents and prupose, he was letting her know of his interest.

I apologize if anyone was offending by this tale, but tha's what it is a story. So please don;t take it so literally. Just read it for fun. TY------IR2R

CoCoNiy101CoCoNiy101almost 12 years ago
Good.

In need of editing but other than that a great story. I do agree, the description of the main character's appearance didn't stick with me. I often thought of her as a white woman throughout the story.

NightpleasureNightpleasurealmost 12 years ago

I thought it was a great story but in some places it was a little to fast.

jazz1190jazz1190almost 12 years ago

love this story and I can't wait to read more from you

shoedawgz62shoedawgz62almost 12 years ago
thanks for writing this

Hey

Great story love the juxoposition and the tension and how you use it to make the story work

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 12 years ago
loved it

thank you - u nget a 5

cocoa_delightcocoa_delightover 11 years ago
Beautiful story

Awwwwww, this was one of those stories that left me all fuzzy inside. I loved every minute of reading this and read the entire thing anticipating what would happen next :) You get five stars from me!! Again, beautiful story...totally made my night.

PrincessPoutPrincessPoutover 11 years ago
Still Love

This story, but I still think it's weird that Charlene was appointed the baby's godmother. Matthew didn't even like the woman.

fluerfluerover 11 years ago
AWESOME

Great short and quick story. I look foward to reading more of your stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
I really liked this!

I truly felt this story. Lina and Matt were so good together.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
this was a very good story

This was a very good story.I enjoyed it a lot

Alpha_MarmAlpha_Marmover 10 years ago
I never saw this one

Don't know how I missed this one, but loved it to death!!!

Like your stuff. A wonderful combination of drama and fun.

Great flow with a minimum of technical errors easily overlooked.

Nice work!!

goatman92goatman92over 10 years ago
One of my older favs

I love it but I think the ending was rushed.

Hethen129Hethen129about 10 years ago
Good story

But really rushed. Characters needed to be fleshed out more

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
good read

i really enjoyed it...look forward to your next story

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
OMG! What BS!

a bodice ripper without a bodice! change of minds in a mili-second. and a one-hour delivery...very rare.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Dear Anonymous

It's fiction ! Of course it's not real !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Loved this one

Wished it was longer

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Couldn't finish

I read the first two pages, and couldn't be bothered to read the rest. Neither of the protagonists is likable, Matthew even less so. No indication was given in the story that Charlene wasn't good enough for Lina, or that Matthew's dislike of Charlene was anything other than sexual jealousy. And of course, Matthew's behavior was unethical and wrong in the extreme.

SatyrDickSatyrDickover 1 year ago

[09.08.22]

Tres Romantique!

11/10!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

LOL, she's 6' and he's 6'7"? What is this? Brobdingnag? I am not gulliver but I also didn't enjoy my experience in this land.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userIread2relax@Iread2relax
1297 Followers
3/19/2020 Life is what happens to you while you are living. COVID19---- Thus times are making me realize that we won't be here long. Today, many people have been dealt horrible blows, but life goes on and the world keeps turning. 200 stories, I have written 200 stories. ...