All Comments on 'I Just Wanted To Go To The Opera'

by StoryTLR

Sort by:
  • 169 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

She tries to make Mike look like a weak simp. NO! Not going to happen with a real man.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Too many errors spoiling a good story. Who is Beth, for example?

Bluehorse64Bluehorse64about 1 year ago

Pick a character's name and stick with it. Is she Teri or Tara?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

So they gave their virginities to each other after having had sex with other partners? Neeet!

ribnitinribnitinabout 1 year ago

With proofreading would have been a 5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Don't listen to Buster2U, his writing is just as attrocious as this rubbish, only all his female characters are cats, since all they do is purr.

Way too many errors, it was unreadable, get a new editor because the one you used is useless!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

First & foremost, a not so good story made worse with your spelling & other errors. I mean, what did you do in school? Smoke in the bathroom?

As far as the story itself, I didn't like it. She wants to go to the opera with her "friend" who she refuses to name or even introduce. Perhaps if she introduced her gay friend, things would've been different. But she didn't. And from the one night at the opera, it became plays & other things, to the point that she's ignoring her husband in favor of that friend, like what started as that weekend at the beach.

The husband, on the other hand, evidently didn't want to do anything with his wife except sports related. He never heard of compromising? I personally agree with his thoughts on the opera, but there's all kinds of good plays out there. Maybe even a comedy club. But the idiot never offered, allowing the "friend" to move in. She also never suggested plays what her husband might like.

She kept saying she never fucked the friend, but they're relationship was an emotional cheating one. It seems that it took Beth & her photos to make them- more her- come to their senses. Both are to blame but moreso the wife, who really didn't talk about what's wrong until her husband became emotional & angry. I agree with below, you desperately need to have a proof reader (& at least re-read what you write before posting!) who can make the story more readable. 3 stars Bob

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Oh, mercy. You need someone to read these through before you hit 'Publish.' Better yet, find an editor. Heck, even the Wallendas worked with a net most of the time, and we see what happened when they did not. Many times what we write sounds great inside our heads. After all, we can 'see' and hear what's going on--the words on paper make perfect sense because our brain holds the supremacy of the writer's perspective and context. What happened here is that you didn't set up the stage in the Theater Of The Mind, which is where all writing, the words-to-pictures-process, occurs. The story you are telling isn't the one we read. Use a beta reader(s) and an editor, preferably an editor who puts finished work ahead of your relationship. (My editor is insufferable, but she makes my work exponentially better.) The master of this? Elmore Leonard. Read some of his stuff, study his style and technique, and you will get better.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

First; You said you had an editor, well.... They didn't do a bad job, they did a PISS POOR job.

Secondly; I don't think the majority of women are that stupid and the average man would never have put up with that even one time.

BSreaderBSreaderabout 1 year ago
Ok

So who hell is beth? I thought were name was wendy!. At least get the names right.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Nice job but, he should have given her one chance and then when she kept it up, dumped her ass.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Who is Beth? She shows up in the middle for a couple of sentences. What a stupid story. No husband would ever say yes without knowing the name.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This sounds like my wife's friend. I said that I didn't have a problem with her having a friend as long as it was just to talk and nothing else. The smooth SOB even became a good friend of mine. Love is blind or it makes you stupid. A few years later my brother mentioned seeing my wife's car and his truck parked beside each other. He drove by and waved at them and he said that my wife was sitting far on the passenger side and the asshole was on the driver's side away from each other. I asked her about it and she said that they happened to see each other and stopped to chat a little. Well thing's didn't change but in one of our conversations she finally admitted that she had sex with him and it had happened a few years earlier. I was ready for a divorce. She said that it was over and she didn't really know why she let it happen. I forgave her but made it clear that our marriage was not baseball. She had 1 strike 2 strikes and she out unless she was raped and to not be alone with him again. That was over twenty years ago.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This could have been a really interesting story, but the author spent way too much time on irrelevant and mundane stiff dialogue.

I’m not one who gets too worked up over grammar and punctuation but StoryTLR, if you payed for having this story edited, you were robbed! Unless you mistakenly sent in a draft copy instead of the edited one?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

That mess was a truly a stupid story. And, you truly need an editor. Let me guess you never proofread your story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

She dates her ex boyfriend who is "100 percent strictly gay". Sure.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Should have stood up for himself sooner. There could be a part 2 where her so called friend swings both ways and tried to seduce her and husband kicks his ass.

Shepard_N7Shepard_N7about 1 year ago

That was an assault on my unfinished English degree.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The women in your literary universe are gross, disrespectful whores and the men are all clueless weak fools. F off

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story

ragnarok1ragnarok1about 1 year ago

Who is Beth???? Enough said.

dunmovynivdunmovynivabout 1 year ago

The plot was soft about not revealing the guy was gay. Unbelievable, tenable at best

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good story but if my wife was going out with a guy I’d have stopped that immediately. First off cheating starts emotionally. I’m not the hubby that’s ok with a work friend who is a guy and not to sound like a cave man that also pertains to me as well with woman. Guys I know fuck their married coworkers all the time . They became their friend , sounding board and when pissed at hubby they move in with the compliment and agree with everything they say. The very first time my wife came home and said she was dressing hot going to a show with a guy and dinner and on top of it all she was keeping him a mystery I’d have said ok I’ll see a lawyer tomorrow and we can sort out our divorce now. Another guy I worked with would say how great it was that his wife had a friend at work she would do things with that he didn’t want to. His son told him after about a year and a half are you crazy letting her go all the time with a divorced guy she works with . A few months later after that conversation and him trying to get her to stop hanging with the guy he had hire a PI . She of course was fucking him often even on lunch . They got video of him fucking her in the car saying let’s give you a nice gift to bring home to your dumb hubby. She did yell at him not to say anything bad about him but she ducked and cleaned his cock clean before going back to work. He left copies of pics and playing video when she walked in from work . He went on a trip for weekend leaving her with the fact he knew it all now . He divorced her , she begged d as he stop and even leave her job be he didn’t care anymore. He did show up unexpectedly and saw them talking on side of there job alone so he went and beat him really bad . Broke his nose , jaw , two fingers and he wasn’t going to use his dick anytime soon. Wife begged that he say it was a stranger not to have him arrested , to try save marriage. It didn’t eork

HighBrowHighBrowabout 1 year ago

Cute Femdom agitprop mix-up with likable, flawed characters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

An emotional affair with a gay guy…. Huh who’d have thunk it?

SKHPSKHPabout 1 year ago

The plot idea was quite promising, but the story was nearly unreadable. Too many mix-ups and errors. ⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Is this a joke? Seriously, this is the most illiterate piece of shit I've ever read on this site. I must confess, I read it all the way to the end, just to laugh at the idiotic butchery of the English language.

Buddy, whatever you do, don't quit your day job thinking you have any future as an author.

davecoldavecolabout 1 year ago

Ever heard of spellcheck?

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 1 year ago

Kind of difficult to keep up with the names. Wendy = Beth? It alternated throughout.

Regardless of Billy’s orientation, Mike should still divorce Tara. She gave Billy an emotional attachment that should have been reserved for her husband.

Based on their families and friends’ reactions,, it wouldn’t be long before his business saw an impact. The only reason not to divorce her, is losing half his construction business.

26thNC26thNCabout 1 year ago

Decent story, but really needs some editing to make it more legible.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Shit!!!

MC is stupid And she is emotionally involved at least!

Marriage is a joint relationship. So he doesn't like her shows etc. Suck it up and go And pay attention. She is going to the sports with you. One for one. Only assholes don't try to please spouse.

Know many men who do things they don't like to please their spouse. They suck it up and make sure spouse has a good time.!!

Shit for brains let their wants be All

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

If Mike thought Tara was spending too much time with Billy and wouldn't listen to his concerns, why not start going to places with his female "friend"? Let her see how it feels. If she didn't come around, DIVORCE.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

The last sentence showed she was still the immature, lousy wife she was at the start of the story. two stars.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

His wife betrayed him by not saying who the friend was. She started spending more time with Billie than her husband Mike, in spite of his concerns. That she blew off the family BBQ for Billy could've been the thing to demolish her marriage; this's especially true when the 1 time opera became Broadway shows & dinner. While not sexual, it seems as if Tara had, or continued, an emotional relationship with Billy.

>> That Billy's gay doesn't mean she should be ignoring her husband. On the same token, Mike should at least make an effort to attend SOMETHING his wife likes, as she should also do.

Personally, I'm glad they got back together, but I wouldn't have been that easy. Even tho she came down to NC, I'm not sure I would've been "everything normal" after her behavior, & kept away for a week or so. Nothing like making one spouse realize what their actions are doing to the other spouse.

As a side, thinking about Wendy & her husband: he wants to open up their marriage into multi-partners, but then has major problems when at a party, she has them. He's got nothing to say. However, if it bothered him so much, he should've told her during the party his feelings to give her a chance to stop everything. But he just left without a word. The story's sub-subject is learning to communicate.

As important, there seems to be name changes from Wendy to Beth, unless I'm missing something.

Could've been more, but 3 stars. Bob

tralan69ertralan69er11 months ago

A good story.

Yes a few errors here and there but it wasn't hard to see what was meant. And surely NOT unreadable or even close to nearly unreadable .

Keep writing and thank you.

@sbrooks103x,

RE:@dmann, actually, it was Tara became Teri. - NO dmannhad is right it went from Teri to Tara.

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker10 months ago

This is the second time I've read this. I must have forgotten to comment the other time. But with all the English Professors out there commenting, I think you need some encouragement. 5 stars from the Bear, but he should have put his foot down sooner. Right in the other guy's balls. But it was a simple misunderstanding. But the girl was Irish. Normally, the sisters of the Emerald Isle are smarter than that. Still, I liked it the Bear approves. Love happy endings. Keep writing.

The BEAR

rbloch66rbloch6610 months ago

Stupid people acting like children. Seriously, this is high school level drama.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

WTF is BETH? Why are Wendy and Beth playing tag with each other? Why doesn't the Author pay for a translator to convert it into English? Why not get an editor who can proof-read? Do NOT give up on the day-job, Danno.!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Is this poor story worth 140 comments?

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Your male character is completely changed from one sntence to another. First hes a strong man and then hes bordering on being a pervert cuckold. There is no way he would have allowed his loved one out with another man that he didnt even know. The story was badly manipulated and i ended up moving to.the end to find out if it was going to be perverted.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

no idea why he let the slut go to start with and don't know why he is still married to the whore toss the bitch to the curb and get on with life without her

StruckwrongStruckwrong9 months ago

Honey Ive been dating a guy behind your back but don't worry he is gay. Even though you saw me making out with him in the past.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

The plot had promise, the distraction with the poor grammer & swapping names (Wendy/Beth) made it difficult to follow the story.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Who is Wendy ? Who is Beth ?

Why don't you get someone who knows the English language to read through before you publish it ? Or perhaps you just don't care.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Beth/Wendy? Wendy/Beth? Still, ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Dump the lieing bitch

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawk8 months ago

That is a VERY fortunate wife. I wonder if hubby realizes how much of a risk he’s taking? Thank you for sharing your story with us.

Hornydevil47Hornydevil477 months ago

What should have been a good story was so hard to read with all of the errors. I think it had more errors than any story I have read. Shame really. I don't normally put this sort of comment on as I couldn't write a story, but it is silly to publish a story that is littered with mistakes. Based on that I have only given 3*s sorry! Mel B known as Hornydevil47

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Three pages of boredom..............what a PG snoozer.......zzzzzzzzz

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

She was conniving manipulative woman by not being up front with her husband. She only ask to go the the opera. Then she kept adding other events. He was put on the back burner. She was having an emotional affair. She also forgot about their plans for the forth of July. She should of check with him efore she made other plans. I think her so called friend wasn't a friend at all. He partner never came with him so he stealing husband's time. She was just blind to see it or dumb.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

2 stars. She may not of had sex but it was still an affair. Divorce her and move on.

Buster2UBuster2U7 months ago

The wife is a selfish slut and Mike should divorce her asap. 10 stars

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A very cute story

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

She was having an affair. An emotional affair. Taking time away from her and her husband. When he tried to talk to her shexjust shut him down and wouldn't listen. She was so blinded by the fact that she was cutting her time outcwithvher husband. She had no desire to work with him the time she spending away from the house. She should've been up front with husband but no she was hiding it from him and lied to get what dhe wanted. She manipulated him to the point he left her. It wasn't until her sister chewed her out she realized what she caused.

jocko_smithjocko_smith5 months ago

Good storytelling about an obnoxious, selfish wife.

.

She had an emotional affair for months, getting deeper into it all the time. She would not tell her husband with whom she was carrying on. She utterly disregarded his feelings in the matter. Actually got pissed and tried to be controlling when called on her shit. Ignored prior plans for the 4th. And thinks sex will fix it. News flash, you whacko: Despite socially-acceptable sexism, men are no less complex than women. Both like sex, but it doesn't fix deep issues.

.

Dump the useless bitch. And I'd say that if the sexes were reversed. Your spouse is supposed to be #1.

fishgetterfishgetter5 months ago

Why do you turn one POV into another POV in one sentence as well as one paragraph? This is so hard to follow as to who is talking, when 'someone' is talking. You need to buy a good editor/grammar program, AND get a real-life editor to fix these messes.

Kernow2023Kernow20235 months ago

funny story but he should have dumped her for hiding the truth

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

HE SHOULDWENTCWITH HERCTO THE CAR. THEN SHE BUYS A NEW DRESS THAT HE THINKS IS INAPPROPRIATE. IS TRYING TO GIVE HIM AN ANXIETY ATTACK OR WHAT. SHE WASN'T BEING HONEST WITH HER HUSBAND. SHE TURNED DOWN TO GO TO A GAME WITH HER HUSBAND BUT DIDN'T TELL HIM SHE ALREADY HAD PLANS TO GO OUT AGAIN. SHOULDN'T HER HUSBAND COME FIRST. GUESS NOT. SHE IS BEING SO CONSUMED SHE IS LOSING SIGHT OF WHATC IS IMPORTANT.4TH OF JULY WEEKEND YOU ALREADY HAD PLANS AND YOU BLEW YOUR HUSBAND OFF AGAIN. THEN YOU WONDER WHY HE IS TICKED OFF. GROW UP RESPECT YOUR MARRIAGE AND HUSBAND. SO HE LEFT. WHY DIDN'T SHE ASK HOM IF JE COULD GET HER A FLIGHT TO NC QUICKER OR DOES HE HAVE HIS OWN PLANE. IS IT WENDY OR BETH.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I had to stop reading after 1 - 1/2 pages. Writer is too lazy to keep tract of names.

Wendy / Beth, Mark / Brian, Teri / Tara, etc. Very disappointing, rates a 2*

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Interesting experiment with what constitutes an emotional affair. Going with a girlfriend out to see plays and the opera, no problem, right? Going out with a gay friend to the same? Well what if husband doesn't know he is gay. Now there are issues. What about if it is cutting into their own time together? That is definitely problem. But technically not an emotional affair, since no intimacy, no attraction, none of the emotions that go with date behavior, except the husband is missing out on time spent with his wife and doesn't know sexual orientation of the guy.

Btw as an aside why was Billy and Tara going out so often, like once or twice a week? Did his partner go sometimes also? Was Perry too busy? Or did Perry also not enjoy some of the plays and operas?

Now make Billy heterosexual. Except they are just friends. Billy is in a committed marriage and say his wife travels a lot or works nights as a nurse. Both Tara and Billy have zero sexual interest. Nothing happens. They have no intimacy or emotions beyond friendship. But now there is potential, yes? That is a much bigger problem. Not to mention Tara disclosed nothing about her "date" buddy to Mike. So Mike has zero intel and somehow pets this go on for months as they argue. No wonder their marriage was on the edge. The Billy reveal as being say was an escape hatch for the author to save their marriage, but in reality they had some deeper issues to work out. Not impossible to resolve (maybe) but probably a bigger hurdle at the end than in the story, except since Billy is gay, then it helps the author to calm thr marriage quickly.

However, -1 stars for all the many, many name switches and errors. So 4 stars.

Buster2UBuster2U2 months ago

10 Big Blazing stars but her should divorce the slut wife! She may not have fucked billy but she was still having an emotional affair and cheating on hubby. She Deserves to be divorced. and Hubby deserves Wendy. thanks, Buster2U

WargamerWargamer2 months ago

That was fun

5/5

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Mike was right by putting a stop to her going out with other men although the guy was gay it still meant that she was neglecting her husband it still meant she was having an affair although not physical but was still an affair emothionally

trucker1965trucker1965about 2 months ago

The wife's name starts out as Teri then by the time she starts to see her friend it's Tara. did she have a legal name change for some reason? Wendy's name changed multiple times sometimes even in the same paragraph, from Wendy to Beth. Is her name Wendy or Beth? That's something both you and your editor should have caught.

Editing requires more than clicking spell check. it doesn't matter if you have when spelled correctly when the word should've actually been went. It's very difficult to read a story when you have try and figure out the word should.

I liked the idea of your plot initially but it just never quite worked I had to stop reading when it got the the girls fighting on the beach. It kept getting more stupid and nonsensical the more I read and that was the end.

mathur_nkmathur_nkabout 2 months ago
A point of time much before ot it is too late, the husband is not wimpy, he must read riot act : love or no love.

A point of time muvh befote it is yoo late, he husband is not wimpy, he must read riot act : love or no love. No he must not allow her disproportionate amount of attention to any body gay or non gay. Yes he does not control her but he controls when it is irreconcilable difference.

willyk1212willyk1212about 2 months ago

fun story this was good

AnonymousAnonymous3 days ago

The MC is most definitely a simp, and there is this thing women invented in the 80's called "an emotional affair" to justify either divorce, their cheating, or both. It's sickening how many "rules" feminists have come up with that only applies to men. Because she definitely doesn't take her husband's feelings or image into consideration at all, and she most definitely was having "an emotional affair"!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 hours ago

A great story. Stupid readers on this site do not understand concepts like irony, satire, HUMOR, hyperbole (reality to them), and symbolism. This story is 110% tongue-in-cheek, yet the fools who see the world only in shades of cuck/non-cuck read it as seriously as if it were the blueprint for the Oak Island hoard or a silly BTB tale.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userStoryTLR@StoryTLR
Getting older each day while trying to stay young.