All Comments on 'I Should Have Been A Cowboy Pt. 01'

by Farmers_Son

Sort by:
  • 147 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

My gods are the natives restless. Even some of the writers are pissy. Jesus, you'd think you personally attacked them. For fuck's sake people, chill.

I found it interesting for no other reason than this is a completely alien world for me. I enjoyed it. Thank you farmer

KingBandorKingBandorover 3 years ago

Interesting start and well written. I am not a huge fan of tun away hubby stories. So far, I like it. As far as the wife, there's nothing she could say to make her betrayal ok. He is better off without her, but running away is a pussy move. It just delays things.

KB

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
"Just the facts, mam': just the facts."

Fans will cheer and haters will hate, but facts are unassailable: you CAN'T buy a handgun if you are from out of state. That is federal law! A long gun may still be possible (depending on which two states are involved), but not a hand gun.

WisquejacWisquejacover 3 years ago

So far so good. Interested.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
I like this

It’s been a while since I’ve read any of Farmer’s work. This looks like a really good one to get started on. Great so far.

DogFuzzDogFuzzover 3 years ago

Nothing like an old cowboy story to warm a man’s heart. Top marks. Looking forward to his adventures.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Informative

This is packed with useful information on how a ranch works and how to go camping and the absolute manliness of avoiding decisions at all costs.

patilliepatillieover 3 years ago
Feel like you ran out of steam on this

but overall quite good, the first chapter exceptional. Thks.

tralan69ertralan69erover 3 years ago

Some of you must not have read the introduction. It was stated very plainly when the second chapter would be submitted. I have copied and pasted for those of you that cant find it yourselves.

"It became long by just how it evolved from a single premise. Sorry about that. I have broken it into two parts that will be posted on consecutive days."

johsunjohsunover 3 years ago

Good story. I like the description and town names. Spent some time decades ago in the Sand Hills, mostly East of where this story is, but recognize the place names and the description of the land and area. And it's a good story.

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15over 3 years ago

Terrific story! Can't blame the guy for needing to heal. However telling his parents why should have already happened so they won't take her side. It looks like he has deserted her now.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
Page 1

Suspending disbelief now. Why wouldn't he cut him back to pure commission? Nobody fires productive pure commission salesmen.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
Hell

Just get his real estate license (easy) and go make your own life.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
Oh hell

He's got three mil in the bank. He doesn't need to cut out the damn gym membership. Should have said he had a few hundred K in the bank.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
LOL

Found them in bed have a threesome. Wire the three mil to the Caymans and disappear to the islands for life 😁

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
Just

Not going to read it again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
My opinion

I had trepidation to read the story based on its title. I found that this story to be exceptionally very good! Looking forward to reading part 2

HKL

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Good to go

Enjoyed pt1 and hope pt2 is ad good if not better.

ranec1ranec1about 3 years ago
Mean As!!

chur m8 awsum story

⭐⭐⭐⭐

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyalmost 3 years ago

Modern day drifter. Fun concept

mac1729mac1729over 2 years ago

Enjoyed this very much

BSreaderBSreaderover 2 years ago
Expected more from this author

Than wimp ass pussy husband no wonder the wife thought theycould get by him he's a pussy he should have kicked mark in his naked balls and than bitch swapped him. Pathetic excuse of a man.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Pretty good story, and an enjoyable read. But I have to say,I’ve learned more about modern-day ranching in the last few pages than I ever really wanted to know. Looking forward to the next chapter.

Cracker270Cracker270over 2 years ago

Good story well told. Great detail on ranch life.

not_a_viking_honestnot_a_viking_honestabout 2 years ago

frankly, i've always despised stories where the husband simply runs away. that hasn't changed here either. though i live in hope that the rest of it turns out better.

UncertainTUncertainTabout 2 years ago

Really enjoying the story.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 2 years ago

good so far on the "man wronged by a cheating woman" theme.

NitpicNitpicalmost 2 years ago
Makings

Makings of a good story,hope he doesn't go back to her.Also,after initial contact with the client,the contract he left with seems to have got lost.Surely it needed some on going maintenance as it was quite profitable for him?.

NitpicNitpicalmost 2 years ago
Makings

Makings of a good story Hope he doesn't go back to her.What happened to the contract,he took with him.After initial contact with client it wasn't mentioned.?Surely such a valuable contract would need some hands on.

miket0422miket0422almost 2 years ago

Interesting story but, come on ... 5 pages and apparently a few months worth of time and he hasn't figured out what he wants to do and hasn't spoken to Megan???

arsenelupin66arsenelupin66almost 2 years ago

How could this completely unbelievable crap ever get rated this high?

oldtwitoldtwitover 1 year ago

Oh so much cowboy information, not sure where this is going or where the sex is going to come into it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A fun and interesting modern western story, hope it stays so.

Dnvrdave58Dnvrdave58over 1 year ago

Well, so far so good!

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 1 year ago

I will be honest, a lot of your stories bug me but this one... this one is not just your best, it's really well written and well developed.

ZippityDoDaDayZippityDoDaDayover 1 year ago

Just confront her already. Get it done and over with. I understand the initial leaving because of such powerful, negative, emotions, but...

l0ver0tical0ver0ticaabout 1 year ago

Lovin' it so far. I was a city kid, but my dad grew up on a depression-era dairy farm in PA. We often visited there and I spent some time there with my cousins during the summer. One of those summers, I got to watch the haying and silo-filling which was still done using horse-drawn wagons and by "trading labor" with other farms.

The women would follow the menfolk as they moved from farm to farm and everyone would eat at huge outdoor tables outside of the farmhouses when the weather was good. This story reminded me so much of those times, now long-gone like the hard-working folk who lived that life and gave me mine...

UncertainTUncertainTabout 1 year ago

This is a great story beginning.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A really good start on what, so far, is a very good story. I’m looking forward to reading the next chapter. Thanks for sharing, F_S. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Absolutely one of the best stories ever posted on this site.

UpperNorthLeftUpperNorthLeft9 months ago

Excellent! The details of ranch life take me back to my early years growing up on a ranch in West Texas. 5 stars.

ChopinesqueChopinesque9 months ago

"Light and set!" Loved it.

Calico75Calico758 months ago

This is very good so far. I am really enjoying it!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Great story, although the end of this chapter was a touch weak. Still gave it a 5.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I use circled back around to this story as I enjoyed it the first time and it's just as enjoyable as before, Thanks for the story.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

You are an excellent writer. I appreciate the pleasure I get reading your work.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous