All Comments on 'I Should Have Been A Cowboy Pt. 01'

by Farmers_Son

Sort by:
  • 147 Comments
DirtySingleMomDirtySingleMomover 3 years ago

Yet another limp dick that can't face reality. Why does it take months to face her? The only real outcome is divorce Megan cheated he ran away for months and is still running there is no future.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 3 years ago

Good start. Good growing anticipation of the confrontation. Reminds me of Web Spinner’s ‘Irish Eyes‘ just a bit. I have some friends from that part of Nebraska, off I80 between Ogallala And Alliance. Tough and hard nosed but salt of the earth - they’d lay down in traffic for you if you asked them. A barren looking place from the highway, but a rich and varied culture if you take the time to stop and look around. I look forward to the rest of the story. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

please do another chapter soon 5 stars

BentNotBrokenBentNotBrokenover 3 years ago
Excellent!

Enthralling story. Eagerly looking forward to the next chapter. Thank you!

vhasstvhasstover 3 years ago
Good read !

Enjoying this, as a teen I would read anything I could, this brings back memories of reading dads dog eared paperback westerns. Books that were not new when he got them even and often yellowed with age with cracked covers or slightly swollen due to have been damp at one time or another. Often they had pricing in currency no longer in circulation ( uk/imperial/metric ). I miss the smell and feel of those books and the sense of history. I will look forward to the second instalment with enthusiasm.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 3 years ago
I enjoyed this chapter.

There was a bit too much explanation of ranch life but the story has reeled me in. I am hoping for a rape-free story, I admit. The plot of a wronged husband leaving without explanation and hiding from the wife has been used often but still works if done well. As always, a chapter story allows a good set up but the devil is in the details, and the finish.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Hurry

I give it a 5, can't wait for part 2.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
So far so good

Very nice treatment of colloquial conversation.

I’m very curious as to why Megan would expect him to just jump in with the three. You didn’t spend any time developing the characters in Kelly’s former life so I’m hoping the next chapter sees some of that.

Nice start.

~Enkidu

txcrackertxcrackerover 3 years ago
Really Good Story !

I like Boyd Percy think this is worth a 5* rating . Thanks for making it so wholesome it a great read . Keep up the good work! Now to check some of your others !

bioman57bioman57over 3 years ago

Well done, and looking forward to part 2. Hopefully more information on the wife to explain her betrayal, and please do not have him accept her back. She cheated and is a slut.

RePhilRePhilover 3 years ago
Good story

Will score if a follow up is published

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 3 years ago

Well written story but there are some "cracks" in the storyline/plot that I found annoying. I was lost on the timeline initially as it wasn't clear what month the incident happened versus how long he was at the ranch. You do mention season changes a couple times, but it's difficult to compute. Reason I'm commenting on the time element is I'm trying to digest how long our hero is taking to come to grips with his situation. At some level I'm enjoying the details on life on a modern ranch, but in the end this is a LW story and essentially nothing has happened outside of a few sentences on page 1. I gave you 5* as it is a well written piece, but the story needs to move forward a little quicker - in my opinion of course. Thanks for the good read!

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerover 3 years ago
Sorry, farmer. Just not plausable

There is no way this weak, spineless, pathetic guy accumulated $3 million working from his early 20's until mid 30's. Plus the two story House and having paid off vehicles.

Plus, being so pathetic he just walks away, causing at least his parents to be worried. Then NOT sorting out things with his slut wife. No, just ridiculous.

If he had little to no assets then YES, his course of action could make sense.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Boring Beyond Belief

And I like Westerns! 1*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A Lot to Like

It was well-written and, by LW standards, believable. Those positives deserve a high rating.

Less good was the 'black and white' morality tone, self-righteouness is destructive. Personally, I thought there were a damn sight too many cows!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great

Great story so far. 5. Please don’t make us wait too long. Thanks for you hard work.

HighpikeHighpikeover 3 years ago
A truly excellent tale

Very well crafted with excellent character development. Really looking forward to part two. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
good read

Honestly, I skimmed quite a bit looking for some of the juice in a confrontation or something but it was all rich hand stuff. It was a good read but not what I expected. Could be posted in non erotic except for that tiny bit of cheating at the start I guess.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
So far a very nice read...

...please don't make us wait to long.

BDEarth

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago
I only gave it 5***** because I cannot give it 10!

Excellent, terrific story. I can't wait to read the next part. If the author has not worked a ranch, he certainly has watched it enough. There is a terrific contrast between the artificial and superficial world of the wife and the growing reality of ranch life. I really like this story! Thank you for sharing it.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 3 years ago
Interesting story

I wonder how Megan will try to spin her cheating?

Finchy1955Finchy1955over 3 years ago
?????

What the f - - k is all that about, think you are on the wrong site with the wrong type of story

silentsoundsilentsoundover 3 years ago

Liked the story but there is no coming back from that bullshit they all pulled on him. They are lucky he didn't kill them.

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 3 years ago
Nice read

Looking forward to the next installment.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 3 years ago
Different

A lot of information about Western ranch life, and I didn’t notice any mistakes in it. I worked on a ranch outside of Elko, Nevada one summer, back in 1972, so it brought back some memories, though I was never part of calving. The rancher didn’t own the cattle, but raised them on a weight gain basis.

Not sure how this is a loving wife take, though. That part seems more incidental to a Western tale. But I like it.

Cardswin2011Cardswin2011over 3 years ago
Great start!

Can't wait for Part 2!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good

Start.

VeracityHeterodyneVeracityHeterodyneover 3 years ago
Good story so far

Good story so far, although Kelly isn’t much of a strategic thinker. The best possible place to confront his wife is on the ranch surrounded by friends. Doesn’t his wife and her friends have jobs they have to go back to? Well, you set the hook pretty good by stopping where you did.

mikeyjb51mikeyjb51over 3 years ago

Great story, keep on adding to it, I look forward to reading more chapters. Worth the 5 stars I gave it, Just saying

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Hugely interesting story

I am so enjoying this .

Hurry back with next bit ASAP .

Jetcrash747Jetcrash747over 3 years ago

This story gets you involved as Kelly Free rides away from his cheating slut of a wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Terrible story

This guy would have to be the most pathetic asshole in the world. Why can't he man-up, face his wife and her lovers, ask them questions and deal with the issues? Instead, he can't think or do anything constructive. He doesn't even capture video of them screwing on his phone, which might have been useful later. I found this story to be obnoxious and irritating. You even gave the protagonist a wimpy name ("Kelly" is more commonly a girl's name). I guess it was a fitting name for this guy, though. If you finish this pile of horse crap, please limit the ranch stuff and focus on "Kelly" facing up to his problems, confronting his wife and former friends, and doing something assertive.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good, but

Interesting story, but I don’t understand the endless running away. After a point, it seems silly. Still 5 stars.

Storyteller0112Storyteller0112over 3 years ago

You have me hooked! Like many others have said, please don't keep us waiting for the next pieces.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I’ve worked cattle...

And I also came home too early about 50 years ago.

Keep it going.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 3 years ago
Interesting and well written

I do like the story and I find it a good read. I can't help but wonder what did he gain by running away. Dump Megan immediately, and then if you chose take off. Great story about ranching but why leave a problem hanging to be addressed later.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Really liked the first story!! A new life with lots of options. He's in control of his future right now.

BoytitsBoytitsover 3 years ago
Enjoying the read

Your a gifted story teller looking forward to the rest of the story, can relate a little growing up on a small farm in Oklahoma in a simpler time !

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great story

Can't wait to read the next chapter,I'm hooked!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
An excellent read

Thank you for your well written story. I anxiously await more chapters.

mr6x5mr6x5over 3 years ago
Ok Im Hooked

Damn good start, looking forward to the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great Read

The story brings back very fond memories. Am very familiar with "God's Cattle Country" and have been in all of the towns you have mentioned. Was born in Gordon, NE. Your description of ranch life is very accurate. Keep up the good work.

Driven2ReadDriven2Readover 3 years ago
5* -- can't wait for more - Out F****ING standing.

Well written as is almost all of your stuff. I am buying into this HL&S ... can't wait to find out what the B***CH is thinking(not that is matters) and how he handles it. Me I just get lost and make sure she get's no money. His method is a refreshing turn on the LW finding yourself cliché.

GreyDuckGreyDuckover 3 years ago

I agree with Dittybopper6989. Great story writing and informative piece about ranching but he seems to be avoiding the inevitable much longer than necessary. I am looking forward to the next installment and we will see where this goes!

abitshyoneabitshyoneover 3 years ago
this is good

loving this, realy well written ,, love the idea of him getting away and becoming a cowboy,, looking forward to seeing/reading what his wife has to say, think its going to get a lot more interesting, , weather its BTB or reconciliation ,, im hooked ,, thanks for sharing and looking forward to the next part ,,

steppinontoessteppinontoesover 3 years ago
Colorado raised

Very descriptive and realistic relating of life on a ranch. Lived and worked that way til Uncle Sam came calling in ‘72. Can’t wait for the conclusion, but will have to.

enderlocke27enderlocke27over 3 years ago
eh

i skipped most of the ranch crap. why did he become a ranch hand and why did he get a handgun idgit. he seems to be in the mind set to be very decisive but can't make a decision about his marriage. it seems quite clear how the wife is leaning so not sure why he is procrastinating on it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

All you five star voters must have never read the Farmer before. He sucks you in with this setup then baits and switches you into husbands getting anal raped and still making it a RAAC.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 3 years ago

Very good.

Interesting and fun read.

A strong plot (at least this part)

and well written.

Great stuff Farmers_Son!

Top ratings from me.

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 3 years ago
Yes excellent..

...as many have already said. Appreciate the detailed description of the area and cattle farming in the US it helps set the landscape of the story. Thanks for your, as usual, very good story telling skills and looking forward to the next chapter. 5*

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 3 years ago

Folks this is a farmer's son a story.

This is on going to result in RAAC

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
One of the Best

I've been reading Literotica on a daily basis and the LW section almost exclusively for the past 4 years and this is one of the top 5 I've read. Great work. I very much look forward to the next section and the story's conclusion. I wish I could give it a 6 out of 5.

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxover 3 years ago
Like it so far

I was raised on a small farm so I understand the hard work. We had 2 milk cows and usually raised several steers each year for our freezer. 10 acres in hay for the livestock. 2 horses rounded out the stock.

I agree with Missouri on what he is doing. I hope he gets to keep most of his hard earned money and buys into a ranch. If it turns into a RAAC story I will be truly bummed. I was raised very old school with VERY different morals than today's. A contract in my day was a handshake, try that now! A vow was a commitment. I was raised to be fair but also not to let someone walk over me, we called it frontier justice if you get my drift. If you got into a fight there was no going to jail if it was fair and justified. And no damn lawyers bleeding families dry.

Waiting for the next chapter, you started out very well in your tale. Thank you F_S

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Kelly likes pain. Uncertainty. He needs to stop being an ostrich and start thinking of what he wants.

eightytuneseightytunesover 3 years ago

So many possibilities. BUT, staying married isn't going to happen. You are the boss, so where you go, we will follow (chuckle, chuckle). A good story, no doubt.

KalimaxosKalimaxosover 3 years ago
Lost me with all the cowboy talk

Came to read a smut story and got a primer on how to do a job that pays shit and hardly anyone does anymore.

No score from me. At least I didn't ruin that for you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Cowboys going their own way

Great story, but small of back holsters are a danger for spine injuries in case of a fall. Can't imagine using one on horseback.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

What a horrible feeling to get to page 5 and find it is only a short paragraph! Now I'm trapped in the purgatory of endless hope for part II. I can feel his bewildered reaction to the walk in and the reflex to just get away. His need for 180 degree turn to a new life strikes a chord with me. I've been Paul Harvey(ed) except the commercial lasts for hours/days. ugghhhhhhhhhh. Well done, Love your work .

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
To be a Cowboy

Just love the ranch descriptions and getting a feel for the characters out there ranching. Very enjoyable read. Keep going !

tennesseeredtennesseeredover 3 years ago
Interesting story

He's sure making a big effort to avoid his wife. I'm beginning to wonder why she is trying so hard to find him. I'm looking forward to reading her side of the story. Strong work. 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great start.

Interesting theme and brought back memories why I left the farm 65 years ago and only visited the folks. Not cut out to work 365 a year before daybreak till can’t see.

Good writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good so far.

You'll be losing stars for everyday you don't post the final chapter. One question. Don't Megan and Mark have jobs? How can they spend so much time roaming around?

JohnChildJohnChildover 3 years ago
So far so good

Please dont wait too long before posting the next bit of this yarn.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
looking forward

looking forward to your next installment, you have a gift for weaving a tale that draws the reader in

SwordWielderSwordWielderover 3 years ago

Excellent story. I look forward to the rest. Please continue as you are a gifted storyteller.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
This is a real writer telling a story

Loved it waiting for the rest.

musicman1261musicman1261over 3 years ago

Great story! Looking forward to the rest.

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterover 3 years ago
Excellent!

You talked us through a lot! Your explanation of ranch life was world class.

I love his "wandering" escape. I can almost feel him healing...

This close call at the end is a wonderful mystery ending to segue into your next chapter.

Well written, well told modern Western!

COYSCOYSover 3 years ago

Loved it.

Like a tutorial on cattle ranching. If he dumped his wife right away, we wouldn’t have this fascinating story. Thank you

MicknTrixieMicknTrixieover 3 years ago
Get to it

Good read so far.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great

Hurry up with the second chapter..!

BeBopper99BeBopper99over 3 years ago

2* Stereotypical LW story with wimpy, cucky husband who runs like a craven coward. He sees his wife cheating and runs away. Still runs some more. Continues to give money to his lying cheating slut wife. Weak cucks really love this story. The only reason this isn't a 1* is the cowboy angle.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Loved, loved this! Bravo.

kmreaderkmreaderover 3 years ago
Great Start!

Very good start to this story and you definitely have my attention. Can’t wait to read the next installment of this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
vhasst nailed it

this is like the old paperback westerns

keep up the great work, Farmers_Son

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Hurry your ass up

Are you going to drag this shit out over the coming weeks. Have the shit fully write a d post it

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I skipped through most of this, so unnecessary to have all the filler.

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
I don’t normally score a multipart story until the end.

Or unless there is a huge break in the quality of the story, like parts 1-3 are awesome, and part 4 took a hard left into weird or crappy quality-ville. Then there are the few, like this one, that are so damned good...!!!

5-stars

tuatarahtuatarahover 3 years ago

Can't wait for the next chapter

Tiger27Tiger27over 3 years ago

Cattle farming?

Try ranch!

Good story so far!

lovemyroselovemyroseover 3 years ago

Great reading. I hope we don't have to wait forever until we get chapter 2. Thanks for writing this.

clarkgarbleclarkgarbleover 3 years ago

Way too much ranching. Too little husband- wife drama. Let’s hope for better in chapter 2.

teedeedubteedeedubover 3 years ago
Tiger

Yeah, well, and you don't 'roll' a rope, you 'coil' it. And you might brand on the right hip but the flank would be a mistake. But, hey, really good story. I have always liked Farmers stuff and look forward to the next chapter.

TheUnoriginalistTheUnoriginalistover 3 years ago
Hoping

As always, your writing is strong. But this entire chapter of a story about dealing with infidelity included maybe 400 words about the wife in total (none in which she and the main character interact in any significant way), and a bare minimum of scenes where characters reflect on or express feeling.

It could be a setup to a longer, better story, but right now I’m worried that it will turn out to be one of those “20,000 words about his new job and life, and 800 words where she says some form of ‘it’s just sex’ and you sleep through the death of a marriage the story never really bothered to sell you on in the first place.”

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Very good start. Looking forward to more.

Richie4110Richie4110over 3 years ago

Lovin’ it. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Why

I get you are setting the story, but no one here needs to know how to cattle ranch. I have a ton of respect for ranchers and farmers but I will never need to know the daily working of a ranch. Just made the story boring. Not sure I will even read part 2. So little about the issue with the wife.

calibamma707calibamma707over 3 years ago

When will part two be available

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wow

Great story so far, can't wait for the next chapter.

But scared of the direction this could lead to, since you left us a cliff hanger..

Please stay true to part one.

Love it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good job

Interesting scheme, lets see where you put it. Shock is an amazing thing as is depression so I'm not surprised he just headed out.

Keep writing so thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
PLEASE DON'T TURN KELLY INTO A PUSSY................................

The guy has redefined himself as a man. Don't take away his dignity. I would like to see him confront his cunt of a wife and her fuck buddies, telling good old Mak to not touch him or he would kill him. Mark doesn't respect that and grabs him. Kelly pulls his .45and plugs that asshole right between the eyes. Witnesses confirm the warning and assholes assault. Kelly was simply defending himself. Having assholes brains splattered on her convinced the slut wife of Kelly's deep feelings on the matter and leaves him alone.

Please take us somewhere along those lines. There is no possible excuse to get this marriage back together.

iowa25iowa25over 3 years ago

I've never really understood the whole running away scenario. Sure, I can see someone wanting to get away, but leave everything up in the air. It's almost like he wants to be chased after so he can reject her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Where is part 2?

Great story so far.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

HARRY IN VA has a point. Just finished going over all of the other stories that this particular author has written and every one of them features a unbelievably egregious act by the wife and every 1 of them features a reconciliation. The most unbelievable ridiculous over the top pathetic reconciliation you can possibly imagine.

I'm not sure why so many readers think of this is going to be a really 2nd portion of the story. The odds are pretty high that this particular author was gonna come up with Ridiculous reconciliation

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A nice diversion from willing cuckolds

Great start. getting lost in the West is a favorite fantasy of mine. The Sandhills are the only part of Nebraska that I like. Sorry big Red fans! Springtime during the Sandhill Crane migration is the best.

Keep writing.

R.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
You need make this

Story a btb. Or at least a leave the bitch crying story. No RAAC. That would just ruin this story.

PencarrowPencarrowover 3 years ago
GO WEST, YOUNG MAN (OR NORTH BY NORTHEAST– YOUR CHOICE)

I liked the build-up of getting back to a simple life, of working with animals and making hay, and discovering the rural way of life where time passes slowly.

And then to embark on the main part of the adventure where it becomes a tale of drifting across the vastness of northern USA, free of the smell of traffic and the encumbrances of fast, city life.

The slow, languid progress of a modern-day pioneer discovering the landscape from horseback, pausing every so often to rest and observe, feeling at one with nature and being in sync with the natural rhythms of the universe.

It’s a great tale only to be fucked-up by the minor side-issue of some slut he used to know.

ragnarok1ragnarok1over 3 years ago
Details

I know some say that we don't need all the details, but I like the added storyline details.. makes me feel like I'm there with him.

Cals_KidCals_Kidover 3 years ago
Interesting treatment of a common theme.

Haven't been in Hyannis in years. You brought up a number of memories, all good. Should never have left.

Your theme is almost cliche. Get laid off, find your wife in bed and leave. I am enjoying your treatment, maybe because I know the area. Your portrayal of the ranchers is pretty much spot on. In that area, your neighbor is anyone within a day's drive, and neighbors take care of each other. They have to. I gave you a 5 for clean writing and character development.

PS Ignore Anony Mouse. Anybody can criticize and tear down a story if they aren't willing to even identify themselves by a pseudonym! He's a troll.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous