All Comments on 'I Want a Divorce'

by Skippy47

Sort by:
  • 305 Comments
ju8streadingju8streadingover 5 years ago

taught her a lesson, but was it enough?

IheartgayficIheartgayficover 5 years ago
Awwwww

Thank you so much for this story. Thank you, thank you.

fifteen16fifteen16over 5 years ago
Just a Story

This story paints a picture of a really stupid woman, are there people like that?. Don't know , i suppose anything is possible. Entertaining yarn.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Please stop with the alienation of affection horseshit!!!!!!!

It is only on the books in nine states. It is rarely used in those states. Most lawyers will refuse. If wife testifies she was dissatisfied with her husband before meeting Mr. Wrong, the case is over.

It is a refuge for the lazy writer.

Don't be that guy.

R.

DominantYetServile22DominantYetServile22over 5 years ago
yeah I don't know

There is a level of infidelity I could be prepared to forgive eventually (or have done so in the past....note that I may not do so again since the ex-wife in question took my forgiveness as a license to go do it again and expect to get only get a slap on the wrist)....but I don't give a damn what person was offering "advice" to her, any woman I'm with ever tries to pull some obvious scam bullshit or blackmail to turn me into an unwilling cuck, I'm not just gone, I'm going to fuck her life up bad, even if it means I'm doing damage to my own in the process...even if it means things are temporarily rougher on the kids than it would otherwise be.

Also I'm not a big fan of the "divorced friend sabotaging clueless idiot wife's marriage with have cake and eat it too advice" trope, but at least it's better than the "wife under influence of militant feminists / evil lesbians / women's magazines / liberal women's studies or sociology professors" bullshit which is so common in these stories.

Bebop3Bebop3over 5 years ago
Hello Skippy!

Congrats on having your first story published. I look forward to reading more of your work. Have a great weekend.

penneydog55penneydog55over 5 years ago
A Thousand Times Yes!

I enjoyed it because of the Last words.... So without Further Adieu!....I am Endorsing this story Top Marks ★★★★★

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 5 years ago
Lucky

She was a lucky woman. Between getting horrible advice from a cunt divorced friend to wanting an affair (which was already started) she realized what she had was more than what she would get in a separation/divorce. She still a cheating cunt but there's hope for her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Nice Story with a great twist.

Really enjoyed the story and believed it to be going the way of many other "cuck" style pieces. The twist at the end was very well done.

cybojicybojiover 5 years ago
Nice work

Women tend to listen to their half wit friends. Like its from the bible. Opinions of others mean little to me on relationships. This is a very good story. Hope you do more....5

PiperHamlinPiperHamlinover 5 years ago
I do love a story about closing the barn door before the horse has left

And a happy ending to boot. I hope to see more from you.

mordbrandmordbrandover 5 years ago
Impressive

Thoroughly enjoyed the tale. Sadly, a lot of folks get the bit between their teeth and wteck the cart before they can be reined in. I've never understood why people even consider listening to advice from someone who failed at something multiple times.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Pretty simple story.

You have a problem writing people's thoughts without getting confused about POVs and tenses. It was all so easy. Her boss' secretary ran into him and in a convoluted conversation, told him his wife was interested in another man. Then there is the old, "I am going to sue a company that does not enforce their own rules . I have no contract or business of any kind with the company, but I will sue them because they have annoyed me and they will scared as hell." Written on a grade school level, I give it 5 *s and 😃👍!

AMerryman

PowersworderPowersworderover 5 years ago

That was brilliant!

A really refreshingly different story from the usual stuff on here. It was great to see the wife's twisted scheming get totally turned around on her and I liked that there was a happy ending without infidelity and divorce. Well done!

Vandemonium1Vandemonium1over 5 years ago
At the risk of offending you

I laughed my socks off through the whole story. Well done.

CoffeemuggCoffeemuggover 5 years ago
Refreshing. Joy to read.

Lately I have quit reading stories after a few paragraphs. LW has become repetitive and boring. This one, however, is refreshing and a joy to read. Unrealistic perhaps, but still a worthwhile story.

Dunny69Dunny69over 5 years ago
Liked it

I liked this tale and it was cleverly done, thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
If I were the hero...

I’d add one more condition to the list: we need to see a marriage counselor to repair the damage that they BOTH did. She deserved everything she got at the end (including her eyes opened), and he was almost Machiavellian in the details of his plans. Great story! 5*

Titoo97Titoo97over 5 years ago
Great Ending

Good. Really enjoyed reading. Well composed, well written, great ending.Thanks & keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wow! Amazing!

Aren't women dumb! And men so smart! I've never read anything like it on this site before!

Wait a minute...no, on second thoughts, don't bother.

grogers7grogers7over 5 years ago
Proactive Husband

Truth is, it would be very hard to do what this husband did; and especially difficult to forgive and trust. Thanks

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
Thoughts

"It's just that I want to experience some new and different things, spend some time with other people." - I know it's been said MANY, MANY times, but that's what SINGLE life is for. When you decide to get married, you're saying that after all of you experiences, that THIS is the person that you want to spend the rest of your life with. If you don't feel that way, then you shouldn't get married, and continue experiencing "new and different things, spend some time with other people."

"She said her husband would fold at the mention of divorce and offer to continue to do all he did for the family but also allow her to date others on the side." - Yeah, that's why she's been divorced three times!

"After telling Darlene how beautiful she looked and how unappreciated she must be, he asked when they could go make beautiful music in the elevator again." - Why MUST she be unappreciated? Has she told him that she feels unappreciated? If she does, she should be telling her husband. If she hasn't, who is he to assume that she is? And "beautiful music ... again"? Just what has she already done?

She's planning on having 90 days to "play around," but then STILL cheat when they don't get divorced?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Hmmm

Excellent writing.

In real life unsure a husband would really stay though.

Story needed more to justify his staying.

She was cheating. Missing and an emotional affair and wanted an open marriage at least for her.

Worked with her friend to destroy her husband and damage her children.

And she did it all intentionally.

Nope hard to stay after all she had done and planned.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
how is she supposed to have a clear understanding of...

how he felt? He was so stoic, cold, and calculating in his response that his lack of emotions could hardly clue her in to the depths of despair that he CLAIMED to be experiencing, yet he slams her for not empathizing with.

Please author, don't get me wrong. I REALLY enjoyed this logical approach to comeuppance. Basically we have a fancy and extended version of:

"have you really thought this ALL the way through?"

The above was my only perceived glitch in the narrative. What helps this story rise above other efforts that may draw comparison, is well used dialogue to convey the rising action. I think you did a great job and reached your goals. Thank you!

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 5 years ago
Wrecked

The story was very good until the ending. I didn’t like that Jeff asked for a date immediately after confirming the divorce. She was scared, but didn’t have time to really comprehend what she’d done. Darlene needed *at least* a couple of days as a single parent to understand what she’d set in motion. It would have worked better if he walked out, stayed out of touch for a few days, then asked for a date.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Jeff Wins, Jeff Wins, Jeff Wins!

But it looks like he wins the boobie prize if all he wins is Darlene.

Owd_BobOwd_Bobover 5 years ago
Please

continue to post here. I do not know if all the legalities are correct, particularly since every jurisdiction seems to do it different, but this is a great story emotionally.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
good story!

There are so many stories here about revenge. It's nice to read one where some adult sense prevails.

HankWTullamoreHankWTullamoreover 5 years ago
She still can’t be trusted.

Non negotiable - one more baby immediately.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
What a losser

He should have kept walking.

AgroundagainAgroundagainover 5 years ago
Great story. An old plot taken to new heights.

Well, I REALLY enjoyed this one. Great dialogue and well thought out story line. 5* for making an often used plot a very enjoyable read. Liked the "lists".

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Want to hear something funny?

My cousin actually went through something similar to this. But he had no clue it was coming. He’s an airplane mechanic and sometimes got called back to work. I think that’s what she told him what started her unhappiness. Anyway, he pleaded with her and begged for them to go to counseling. Finally he gave up and moved out. She didn’t file for divorce. He started to hate her when she came back to get him to come home. By that point, he’d heard stuff from friends that she was f’ing around. But he couldn’t afford the divorce at that point. His dad actually gave him the money to get the divorce after about a year into their split. By that time she had gone off the deep end. First the fooling around, then wanting him back and getting rejected she turned vindictive and really spiteful. She turned their daughter against him. Fast forward 3 years and he’s got the divorce, a new girlfriend and his dad and mom has custody of his daughter because she was so brainwashed by his ex she wouldn’t live with him. It’s been probably 20 years now and his daughter has gone from hating her dad to hate for her mom. Rob got remarried and started a new family. I have no idea what happened to his ex. That’s the reality to this story. Don’t get me wrong, I liked the story very much. It just reminds me of my cousin. I think I’ll call him today. Ok, this isn’t really funny.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
That was pretty good

That was pretty good.

TheUnoriginalistTheUnoriginalistover 5 years ago
Huh

First, the critiques: The “perfect man who somehow fell in love with an empty shell of a stupid woman fights presciently against the dumb schemes of her meddling friend” line never really satisfies. Personally, I find that the ‘perfect protagonist’ approach always feels a lot like ego masturbation....like that SNL character looking in the mirror and telling it “gosh darn it, people like me.”

Second, the acknowledgement: You can write, and the pacing of the story was well above average for this site. You didn’t rush through as if the plot was just a bullet point list on a PowerPoint, choosing instead to let us live in the moment with the characters. We got to experience their conversations in real time (surprisingly not something all authors bother with), and even explore their internal reactions a bit. They all felt distinct and considered by the author. The basic premise of the story was interesting, and didn’t rush the delivery of payoffs. A solid start.

You will get a lot of feedback on this site that is entirely based on “did that bitch get what was coming to her?” It might feel good to read (because it is often very enthusiastic), but it won’t ever offer anything to help you make your next story better than your last.

rnebularrnebularover 5 years ago
Good overall

A slightly overused plot device, the multi-divorced friend, giving terrible advice to a gullible wife. Aside from that, I thought the story was concise and had a good ending. I liked his response, giving her a mirror to stare into the future after divorce.

imhaplessimhaplessover 5 years ago
Cute and entertaining

I liked it 5* worth. smile

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
No fix

Once suggested, it's all downhill.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 5 years ago
I generally don't like cartoon wives.

This well used plot is entertaining if ridiculous although human nature being what it is, this scenario probably wouldn't surprise me in real life.

I'm impressed with the quality of writing and the way the ending wrapped up even if I don't like cartoon depth wives or husbands and that is what was portrayed here.

The wife was a stupid, two dimensional villain and the husband was a polished, two dimensional hero. Despite the criticism, this was possibly the best version of this plot I have seen executed.

Nice work and 4*.

imhaplessimhaplessover 5 years ago
Cute and entertaining

I liked it 5* worth. smile

johnadpjohnadpover 5 years ago
Very Well Told... A Few Suggestions

I believe the story was very well told and it was original in that it was a preemption, and not dealing with infidelity after the fact. The dialogue was pretty good and believable. The whole story was obviously well thought out (perhaps too well, but will get to that in a bit).

Some things that may make the story a bit better:

1. Description of the participants and giving the kids' ages. First, I'm a guy so visual, so in picturing the dialogue it would help to think what they looked like. Second, I'll admit that I do have a bit of a bias against blue collar workers so I pictured this overweight, hairy dude so was surprised to learn there were several women interested in him. Yes, I'll admit that may be just me. But being able to visualize them while picturing them talking to one another (which was a prominent part of the story) would have helped me. Also, giving the daughters' ages will help a great deal because it's good for the reader to feel the impact of how a divorce would hurt them. Obviously, the divorce would have much more of an impact on a 7 or 8 year old than a high school senior almost out the door.

2. Until the very end where she breaks down and he says now you know how I felt you are not really aware of his emotions at all. He was just this logical, detached, strategist. Almost like reading Sun Tzu than reading about a man blindsided with the possibility of the breaking up of his family, the vulnerability and humiliation of knowing that possibly he was not enough for his wife, and the confusion of not knowing if his wife had actually cheated on him already. Recently I read "Words" by Bizzaz (sp?) because SBrooks103x wrote a sequal and that's similar in that the wife hits the husband out of nowhere and he has to react to her infidelity, while her lover is there with her. In that one, like your protaganist, he takes an intellectual approach to break down and make hits at his wife thinking, but you can also imagine and feel his turmoil, his humiliation and suffering. This one the emotions, his internal conflict between emotion and reason, were missing and that could have made this story even much better.

3. As I mentioned in the first paragraph above he was almost too ready for this and had his response and strategy all planned out. There were no missteps in laying out his strategy, no wrong words said, no showing of anger to be retreated from because he knew that would not serve his purpose. While they did step away from one another after a bit the first night, his strategy and plan of execution was already pretty much outlined. So maybe that first night you can share with the reader his thoughts that he wants to approach this strategically. To get what he wants, which is his family staying intact, he needs to remain unemotional. Maybe after she drops her bombshell he tells her you know you must have thought about this for a while, let me have tonight to think about this and let's talk again tomorrow morning. The way he reacted it was like he saw it coming and had already thought the whole thing through, and had already outlined his cours of action. Unless, he is a very cold and unemotional person to start with, in which case it would make one wonder if her need for another man was justified.

The story was very good, both the idea and the delivery. I just humbly think the above would have made the story even more impactful for me and made the story that much better.

boatbummboatbummover 5 years ago
Terrific First Story, Skip!

Like Vandemonium1, I laughed all the way through this! Well done indeed, with an HDK-like flair for dropping the non-sequitur laugh lines in as "straight" dialog.

About the ending, though: once zapped by the Martian Slut Ray, the damage to the psyche is permanent. Time to let cousin Sally work her magic in the divorce to secure AT LEAST joint custody of the kids & move on to Auntie Erica, the younger sister. This would minimize the impact for the kids & grands, and ensure that the stupid, selfish, adulterous ex will have to live the rest of her life with a painfully personal understanding of what she tossed away and how badly she fucked it all up!

Looking forward to more from you! Thanks!

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 5 years ago
No Go

Syrupy sweet but it's saccharine rather than honey. Absurdly quick reconciliation without regard to prior character development. Implausible 2*

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Fun Little Ditty!

Enjoyed it. Twist on an occasionally used theme, but told well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
It was cute

I'd still recommend the hubby date a few other women, since it's pretty obvious at minimum a few bases were had by his wife with her co-worker.

the beauty is he is under no moral obligation to tell her, and thus no obligation for the readership to know. that's my hope. fear is her primary mover for ending her affair, not love, nor a sense of loyalty. she does respect him though now. but only after he made a huge effort to show her how little he needs her. that is a toxic dynamic. forgiveness can never reach 100%. you can forgive someone, but his love/respect/trust in her has fallen. and that new value is probably going to be her new maximum number. she'll never have 100% again. if she crawls on glass with positive vibes and gestures, she might sit at a comfy 80%. Lots of unlucky women have learned this lesson early on, and have that automatic advantage. that's why cheating is just...so...dumb. if you love someone, dump them....if you plan on having an affair. that's love. "i'm letting you go, cuz i'm weak with lust" simple. but that's hard, easier to have your cake and eat it too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
"But . . . Why wouldn't you be living here?"

So she was really expecting that he would still be living there while they were separated? That, in a nutshell, is a good example of what is wrong with this story: it's yet another where it requires that the wife is a blithering idiot. Also, the wife taking advice from advice from the friend who has had a series of divorces is another example of the idiot wife.

<P>

She isn't a character, she's a caricature,

<P>

Lastly, when one paragraph ends with a quotation mark and the very next one starts with a mark, that indicates the character speaking has changed. When one character is speaking and is not uninterrupted by narrative or another character talking, every paragraph starts with a mark, but only the last one has a closing mark.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Fiction?

Are there really women this stupid on the planet. I know it's fiction, but come on!

tazz317tazz317over 5 years ago
REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY ON A BEAT-UP

when the eyes and head become better than the reality, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Well done

In real life, I don't see much chance for a reconciliation. But this is fiction.

Ironman52Ironman52over 5 years ago
The heart that has true love has an infinite capacity to forgive

Yes this story is really more real than most.

At 47 years of marriage, I have been on that brink twice. Still married and its better than ever! This is a nice story and I love an HEA. (Happy Ever After) At least I hope so.... :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Have a brother going though the same thing. Wife moved out to try and break him. Now she is trying to make beg her to come home after a year long affair. They we not legally separated. No hope for them and her need to control people

johnadpjohnadpover 5 years ago
Inspector And Madam Clouseau Alive And Well

First, were these " two such talented rising star" attorneys or Inspector Clouseau and Madam Clouseau? They realize they woke 17 hours late, but figure 10 more minutes would be too much to shower, brush their teeth and not go into the office looking like hobos? All the bungling after that makes Clouseau seem competent.

Second, Lyn says her husband "hasn't a malicious bone in his body and would never hurt a fly". Next page Lynn mentions that oh, he used to be a member of the Banditos and that John should be very afraid of them. Maybe this should go under the Madam Clouseau above, but I thought it was hillarious enough to deserve it's own paragraph.

Although after suspending common sense this was an enjoyable story. Just like all those Inspector Clouseau ones. I'm seeing potential for movie rights on this one lol!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
To Anonymous re: Fiction

Yes there are!

dragonmann72dragonmann72over 5 years ago
Did everybody miss...

that he studied psychology in college? Good twist on using her own reasons back on her. The getting rid of the friend was a no brainier. bust of luck on your next story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Was a 5

Was a 5. Became a 1 at the conclusion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
The Disney ending

Happily ever after. Bullshit! How does he EVER forget her words and actions? What happens the next time a smooth talking "Robert" woos her? She's obviously unhappy in her marriage. What has changed? Jeff plays her like a fiddle, which after all those years of marriage is not surprising. But why bother? She's already left the marriage. He tricks her into staying but how long will it be before the underlying dissatisfaction she feels for their marriage resurfaces? And how does he live with himself, constantly worrying about when the next shoe will drop? Horrible, unrealistic ending.

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caover 5 years ago
4 star

Damn .... i was rooting for the secretary and the wifies sister. Maybe at the same time ... in Hawaii too.

A_BierceA_Bierceover 5 years ago
Nicely done

sir or ma'am, as the case may be, a well-written variation on one of the enduring themes in Loving Wives. May your tribe increase.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Ripe for a sequel; they aren't reconciled yet!

He didn't make her quit her job, so she's still seeing Robert anytime she wants. She fell off the wagon after years of marriage, so what's the bet she won't fall again, or some more? She was planning on cheating with Robert even after the 90 day separation, so why wouldn't she just go right to the cheating? It won't be long before she realizes her mistake was alerting her husband. For future fucking she will just keep it a secret. And the husband will always wonder.

A woman this stupid and shallow will get complacent, then bored, then start wandering again, especially as age eats at her pride and self image. It might not be Robert, but its very likely to be someone. He might as well end what the stupid wife started and see what he can replace her with. Sounds like he has lots of options.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
did you miss the final line?

Jeff answered, 'OK then Friday. It can't be Thursday because I'm out with Miranda that night.'

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
so wait

If she already committed adultery, why is he still married to her?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Yes to anon fiction

There really are women that stupid. And yes to anon well done, most men would not reconcile with an adulterous (even if there was no intercourse) wife. It's only a matter of time.

TX_AF_VetTX_AF_Vetover 5 years ago
$$$ changes everything....

Yeah, when $he found out what thi$ was$ gonna co$t her, $he $uddenly $tarted to care. If Jeff was a multi-millionaire, she would run to her lover......

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonover 5 years ago
Enjoyable story...

I thought the story was a bit thin emotionally, at least at the beginning. They seemed to react more like "roommates" rather than husband and wife - the love wasn't readily apparent.

The story was well-written, nice ending. There are probably more than a few readers wanting him to kick her to the curb. I like this ending okay, but wouldn't have complained about a BTB either. She WAS very cold and deliberate in her calculations.

Personally, I couldn't ever trust a wife who had been so cheerfully anticipating the time when she could force her husband into being a cuckold - if her silly plan had succeeded. There's something wrong with her; no way could a wife who truly loves her husband, as she claims to, casually plan on forcing him into a lifestyle that would humiliate him and cause him such heartache - not to mention what it would do to their kids. There doesn't seem to be much love there, but that's me.

Well done. Thanks for posting. Looking forward to many more.

jimh67jimh67over 5 years ago
We all know there won’t be a divorce

The only advantage is that maybe the girls will have graduated high school by the time she does this again and the divorce won’t affect them so much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
True Fiction

Horseshit skippy! You could have at least added some fucking and sucking to the story. All I get out of it is more legal issues that have to be addressed during a divorce, not much romance in that, fucking up kids and parents lives! At least send the cheating bitch to have blood tests done for STDs.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 5 years ago
Well done

Well thought out plot and scenario, well written and an entertaining story. I like the way you introduced his phychology major early on so he was not just a maintenance man that suddenly acquired the ability to objectively assess her motives and plan his way to make her think outside the box her 'friend' had lead her into.

DominantYetServile22DominantYetServile22over 5 years ago
@johnadp

I think you left your comment in the wrong story's comment section. It looks like you made a comment on the story "Chased" by Vandemonium1 but posted it here.

TTVOLTTVOLover 5 years ago
What an ending

Good story, lousy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
She Wanted A Hump From An Incoming Chump But Hubby Said No, Time To Dump

Didn't take this yarn too seriously but it was entertaining and very well put together just the same. Obviously the wife is too stangstar-ish for any real emotion to kick in. Hubby was all over it from the start, though.

The question that nags is why would you bother to keep a brainless spouse such as her. Well, kids will do it. One can only suppose that if you take it for granted that your wife is a double-digit dope then the only thing is to keep her in line. Not my idea of a fun, spontaneous marriage partner.

Still, there were plenty of deadpan zingers in there for a chuckle, so kudos to the writer and thanks for his efforts.

J_Reader_ComicsJ_Reader_Comicsover 5 years ago
Solid 4*

I enjoyed the story. It had the turmoil of your typical Loving Wives story, it had a husband that wouldn't put up with it, and it gave a plausible reason for reconciliation. She hadn't crossed the line fully, only skirted it. She took steps to make amends, in separating herself from the cause, Miranda, and the lout Robert. The story itself was well written, and flowed nicely. Good work, I hope you continue writing.

DrakenNoirDrakenNoirover 5 years ago
Darlene Isn't Sorry Enough. Lesson Not Completely Taken to Heart

Ending is o.k. The story was enjoyable. Why Jeff wants to stay with Darlene is a mystery. She lied numerous times. She's definitely crossed the lines with her elevator antics. She's been scheming and conspiring behind his back, She's shallow, cruel and very self centered. And last but not least. She really isn't very bright. Can't see Jeff just shaking it off and being in a relationship with a person who would hurt him like that. He should drop her and date her sister. You know the one who will do anything for him and won't cheat.

Yeah the psychology degree was a nice touch. Though it doesn't heal a broken heart. She should really have to see what it is like to lose him and love on her own. Maybe she could then pull her head out and see what she has lost. No, Darlene is getting off way too lightly. She doesn't need to be burned to ashes and they could even get back together after a year or so. Or maybe Jeff won't want to by then.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great First Story

Don't forget to include logic in your next story. How likely would a husband who thinks his wife has cheated to accept her back without a complete confession and/or at least some probationary period?

rodryder44rodryder44over 5 years ago
IWaD

Great writing. I understand the comments by others but this is just a story. 4****s.

chytownchytownover 5 years ago
Good Story Telling****

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Dump. Her.

Once broken, Trust can never be restored.

There will be other Roberts.

johnadpjohnadpover 5 years ago
@DominantYetServile22

Yeah, had a couple of windows open at the same time and posted it here by mistake.

AethurAethurover 5 years ago
I commend you

I commend you on posting a story in the most toxic and divisive category here on Lit. Only the best of the best seem to be able to make well-rated stories here, or have to fill a specific niche. I'm sure you can tell from the other comments why this category is so brutal.

This story is okay. A re-telling of many similar stories. The ending was right in the middle - no cuckolding, no burning/revenge. A reconciliation. That is probably what will irk readers the most.

Personally, I found the story to be 'okay'. Not good, but not bad. It lacked passion and emotion. The hubby was too mechanical, and the wife too predictable. She never displayed an ounce of respect for her hubby, until she realized she threw everything away, and even then, it felt forced from her fear of losing her life. She was perfectly fine forcing her husband into allowing her to have a lover, but we are to believe she had this true transformation and was honestly regretful at the end?

Once you work out how to make your characters more realistic, I have no doubt you will write some very good stories.

DFWBeastDFWBeastover 5 years ago
Welcome!

Welcome to the shark tank we lovingly call LW! :-)

Enjoyed the story and look forward to reading more of your work.

Killian

York1234York1234over 5 years ago
Very good

Nice to read, funny how the plan of the stupid wife was blown....

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchover 5 years ago
Great for a first effort Skippy. Overall, only OK, but that's just MHO. Some fine peeps like the UO gave you big ups.

You write pretty well, only ding was the clarity issue in the convo with the secretary about wifey and Robert.

Even though hubs was kind of dry and Vulcan, you did pretty good at writing thoughts and emotions..

I sometimes complain about trite plots, truth is there are only so many basic plots, you did well at making this one interesting and your own.

This went off the rails for me at the end. It didn't match hubby's actions in the rest of it. It felt rushed.

Her original proposal was a rejection about as insulting and cruel as it can be without criminal acts. She rejected all he had given her over the years, insulted his intelligence, and schemed to abuse him.

His calculated response was appropriate and pragmatic, if a bit like a Psy Ops campaign. That doesn't fit w the easy unatoned reconciliation. Note that in her list, he asked for reasons HE should stay, but she compiled a list of what SHE liked.

Keep going, you got game!

Pappy7Pappy7over 5 years ago
Welcome aboard.

Good first time.

Pappy7Pappy7over 5 years ago
Wow,

I'm in literotica jail?

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Good story

Enjoyed it, but not sure Darlene was punished enough. Should have gotten the divorce.

c24jc24jover 5 years ago
I enjoyed it

Good story and good writing . . . but I think he should insist that she get together one more time with Robert, and that she wear an Easter Bunny costume, and Robert wear a Santa suit, and they fake having sex but in addition, actually do anything they'd already done in the elevator . . . except now over the costumes rather than under . . . while he makes a video of it. He'll give to her parents (and Robert's wife) and in 10 or 15 years to their kids (and Robert's kids). Oh and he'll sporadically break it out to show friends. That'll probably make her think twice before trying any such thing again.

notredame43notredame43over 5 years ago
not bad for a first crack

ANd to the comment before about it being a divisive place to post, i agree to a point, If the someone would set a category for pathetic shits who either bow to the wife fucking around or actually enjoy it that would make it a little less a minefield here, This doesnt qualify though, I would ask the author why would he want to date her, she pulled this BS on him and did it at the prodding of a miserable cunt who pressed he wont do anything etc etc. Why bother, maybe he ends up alone but more likely he will find a LADY.. yes lady and female are different. then he doesnt have to marry em but can have a relationship that is healthy and makes him happy. Not going to happen with this one. Shes already proven to be self centered, shallow and not that smart or kind. only when things turned south of her expected plans did she try to stop, decent first try Skippy keep it up and for the love of CHRIST dont write those cliche shit stories about husbands who encourage or like their wife fucking someone else. Thats why things get heated in here alot, that and the reconciling for no reason

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I am suprised

I am suprised that people like this story. In the story the woman was a terrible caricature of a person. Completely selfish and foolish. Who actually was asking for a hall pass rather than a real divorce. The husband was all knowing and perfect. Including being incredibly patient with his foolish, selfish, bumbling, 2D drawing of a wife. He is in control of everything and even forgives his wife of her oh so predictable feminine foibles.

By the way, who still pumps gas for their wives anymore? Is this story set in the 1950's?

Anyway, your welcome to take a crack at this section, an i give you accolades for trying, but try to write your characters as real people, it will make the tension greater and the story more believable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good Story

A bit of a rehash of this type of scenario but you did a good job and pretty well written. Keep up the work and let's see what you do next.

T.T.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "I am suprised"

Actually, I pump gas for my wife. If I'm not with her, she'll use full-service. After I walked her through the procedure, I think she did it ONCE, LOL!

clovisguyclovisguyover 5 years ago
Enjoyable First Story

I really liked your story, looking forward to reading more from you

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
NICE FIRST.

GREAT STORY FOR A FIRST ATTEMPT, I THINK A LITTLE CHARACTER BUILDING WOULD HAVE ADDED A LITTLE MORE DIMENSION , 5⭐️ TO ENCOURAGE YOU TO KEEP WRITING, THANKS AND LOOK FORWARD TO MORE STORIES, P.

clarkgarbleclarkgarbleover 5 years ago
nicely done

Nicely done, especially for a first post. I was particularly pleased that you trod such familiar ground with a light footprint.

Looking forward to number 2!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

You have a good story and you have your reader trying to sense where could this be going, but then you made it unbelievable. She had already emotionally and physically cheated with the boyfriend as.light as the petting was. The emotion of betrayal.was absent from this husband, and his forgiveness, well fall down and cry, were good, "now you know how I felt," really? Alot of talent in your writting but to me it seemed you were rushing to wrap this story up at the expense of your reader.

Old_biker_dudeOld_biker_dudeover 5 years ago
Nice twist at the end

MusicGuy4FunMusicGuy4Funover 5 years ago
All it would have taken is for him to take a walk

Here’s a modest suggestion to fix the suggestion that he’s too unemotional an mechanical, especially at the beginning. Have him be shocked, totally shocked, by her four words (I know I would be). Then have him shake himself off, and go for an hours walk. When he comes in, have him be teary-eyed but resolute (as most Literotica readers would be, right?). Perhaps make reference to him composing himself like a psychology major: “he braced himself, took a breath, and for a moment she was reminded of how he would prepare for psychology class assignments”.

That’s for the future. The story as written, is good (5*); I’ve re-read it 3 times.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Well done...

Nicely written story. But what happened to them after that?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
She has allready cheated and he is simply a cuck in waiting.

According to your own plot line she has all ready cheated emotionally and is now attempting to cheat physically. She has told him he is inadequate. And now he is willing to forgive and wait for the next time to happen. Soon he will be watching his wife and her lover while peeking out the bedroom closet. This isn't what I consider entertaininment.

anonjerry

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
He saw it coming.

After almost 20 years of marriage Jeff should have noticed a difference in his wife’s daily reactions so the divorce announcement was just a confirmation of his suspicions. My only question is why he would want to keep a woman who wanted to move him aside so she could screw someone she was already cheating with on a regular basis. Hell, forget creating a new relationship. Get rid of her and find a woman who wanted him more than a new adventure as a free woman.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Most stupid RAAC I ever heard

So she suddenly had a change of heart and become a faithful wife again?

No, she's is just going damage control and back pedaling as fast as she can. She'll be more careful in the future, but she'll cheat on him again and again.

He should have added to his list of requirements a timeline of all her meetings with her lover and what they did.

A RAAC worth of MM.

WilCox49WilCox49over 5 years ago
I loved it!

Beautiful job! Pity it doesn't work out that way more often.

OK, it's way too pat to be believable. This Darlene is a moron--but there are plenty of those around. Very nice satire. Plausibility isn't necessary in something like this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
WACC

Wimp Ass Castrated Cuckold. A true Trumpia story, truly blind to the true of the relationship.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous