All Comments on 'I Want a Divorce'

by Skippy47

Sort by:
  • 305 Comments
TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbosabout 1 month ago

I think this was a good approach, but honestly, it's better to seed it before things get critical. I'll give an example - A friend of ours with 2 kids was getting divorced a while back and I said to my wife, "Wow, that's going to ruin them financially" and she looked at me like she didn't understand. Then I went into it - "Well basically, in our state child support is more or less capped at about 30% of your income. Imagine if it was us getting divorced? How much of my income do you think goes to supporting family right now?" She said, "Well, probably almost all of it" and I said, "Yep, but I'd only be legally obligated to pay about a third, even with maintenance it'd still be probably under half and the maintenance would run out in a few years. I'd have more money to spend on myself for sure, but of course we'd both have the cost of having two households, extra utilities, insurance, etc. There'd be no way you could keep the house, there wouldn't be enough money coming in - and of course I'd probably cut costs and just get a one bedroom apartment. Sure, the kids wouldn't be able to do overnights with me, but I could do day trips and drop them back off at home for you to look after. In fact, the best situation for both of us would probably be to remarry. I wouldn't have to pay maintenance to you if you remarried, and if I remarried and had a couple more kids, then my child support payments would go down since the state calculates all the payments based on your total number of dependents"

<>

As the conversation went on I could see the gears in her head churning through all the information that she had never thought of before. Losing our home (a big part of our retirement plans is the equity we expect to get out of that), having way less income, having to go back to work full time, having to handle childcare since I wouldn't be taking the kids for her at night - ever. Now, my wife had no intention of divorcing me at the time (and as far as I know still doesn't!!) but it was CLEAR that she had never thought through what it would look like before and she didn't like what she was coming up with. I know it stuck with her because over the years I've heard her give practically the same speech to other people when they talk about divorce, even setting some of her stupid friends straight. Anyway, the old adage is correct - an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

So, she betrayed him and got forgiven (sort of). What are the odds that she'll try this crap again sometime in the future?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Well done not too real but worthy fiction

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

He fought the fight he shouldn't have to and lost.

bigurnbigurn2 months ago

Just 3 stars because it looks like he might stay with a bitch who's already been getting finger banged while making out in the elevator at work... Ditch the Bitch!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Just putting her husband through that shit is reason enough to divorce the snatch.

NickTeeNickTee3 months ago

Q: How many people does it take for a divorce?

A: Him, her and her friends.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Very entertaining tale of a spouse slowly ratcheting up the pressure on his mate when they make a catastrophic mistake. Bravo!

AA82ndAAAA82ndAA4 months ago

I have read several stories with varied themes like this one. This one is the best of the bunch. His discussion points were very telling and I only ask why he had to list all of them if his wife truly loved him. I did however like the ending. Once again the tale demonstrates the stereotype dumb, unthinking wife who mainly exists in the L/W tag arena.

MrGrumpy035MrGrumpy0354 months ago

I don't think you need a lecture on your own story, enough to simply say I thought it was terrific and hope you continue writing.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

She fell victim to a predator but didn't go "over the line" (beyond touching, as far as we know). She also had a man-hating toxic bitch "friend" in her ear the whole time poisoning her slowly and convincing her that she could have her cake and eat it. The deck was really stacked against the husband, but he was somehow able to make her see sense and make her realize the grave error she made. Is it realistic? Probably not. But I prefer a nice ending rather than seeing another good marriage go up in smoke because of selfish interfering assholes corrupting good people for their own ends.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

He did all the correct things to change her behavior. The only problem I can see is that she thought she had all the power and all the options. He made her realize how much equal power and options he has. And that scared her straight. But that's just awful, to know your spouse stopped hurting you because there is a real fear of losing you. Most people want to be cherished and not feared by their love. She'll remain loyal and sweet to him now, and she even understands how she hurt him. Is that enough though? In the back of his mind, he now realizes what she's capable of. And it's hard to respect that. Forget about love and trust. She would have walked all over him if she could. That's a hard pill to swallow.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I read the comments and then write my thoughts. There are so many burn the bitch people out there I'm surprised. This woman was at that age wfer she is losing her youthful vitality and sexual seductiveness. Ripe for a hateful "friend" to convince her to have a bit of strange, turn her into a slut like she is. Husband is one smart dude He lays out the reality of her fantasy and in the end makes her realize the actual life she would have if she proceeded. Her regret and desparate begging for forgiveness saved her. I do like happy endings and I do think she will be forever for the reprieve.

James G 5James G 55 months ago

She's a whore. She'll wait until he's complacent and cheat behind his back.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Unrealistic but very humorous, and the story is pretty written, pretty well. I’m not sure what the story really meant except humor, so I gave it a three keep writing.

pjpbpjpb6 months ago

3/5

Lying, cheating (even if no intercourse), disrespect - this is one-off situation but a pattern. Good humored husband's demonstration what wife can loose and bad influence removal unlikely to work. People are different so irl there could be both full reconciliation and total destruction, but described light demo unlikely feasible

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Wife her ass kicked, Robert needs a broken nose+ and Miranda needs a bitch slap !!!!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Yeah, I'm a sucker for happy endings. A well written story with a very smart husband. The wife was a fool but I guess a good mother and sexy or she would probably have been left in the dust.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Ok story, but it could use a little payback on both Robert & Miranda.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Where's the end of the story? You left too many things hanging. Any writer who allows a character as bad as the ugly girlfriend or the scumbag predator at work to continue on scott-free is a worm. You allow them to continue on with what they're doing with other people with no correction, no recrimination, and you put it in reader's mind that this is acceptable behavior that should be let go. You damage your readers, you damage our culture and Society.

No retribution, no justice.

No justice, no peace.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Could have been a great story, but what a stupid ending. Back when people had a little more wisdom, there was a phrase for this - "A leopard doesn't change its spots." A selfish narcissistic woman like this is not going to change like that. It would take a lot more time and a more substantial event than this. Sorry, just not realistic. She's going to want to go out listening to her arrogant friend, she's going to have it in her head what she wants is more important than anybody else. She's going to call it what she "deserves" she's going to spend it in all kinds of ways to make it sound good to herself. The problem really is the heart hasn't changed. Her mind may have been, but the heart is still twisted. And she still has the friend with the evil bent heart giving her advice and she would not give that up. Too bad you couldn't have made that a little more realistic and believable.

remb95remb957 months ago

Second readf and still a 5. 1

Helen1899Helen18997 months ago

He did right having her back for the children. But once they both reach 21 he should up and leave her.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

What fun to read! Thanks.

Ed

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Commenter from 11 months ago.with post starting with "Creative premise..." hit the nail.om the head. Darlene is quite dumb and was easily manipulated first by Robert and her toxic friend and then by her deconstruction at the hands of her husband. They didn't reconcile. The separation still stands. He is giving her a path to reconcile. They still have a long ways to go. I suspect when he learns that she was making plans how to keep seeing Robert after the 90 days, that will be a setback. She is quite the moron.

WisquejacWisquejac8 months ago

Excellent. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I like how Jeff started showing her the facts and getting her to realize what she did and being truly sorry for it. So the fact that this one had a happy ending for both was okay. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Always curious I read the comment before commenting. As usual I liked the story very much. I like happy endings and hubbys response was perfect. It took a while but she finally realized how stupid she was and how toxic Miranda was.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

POSTNUPTIAL for Darlene, PUNISHMENT and REVENGE on Darlene, Miranda and Robert, Absolutely Required!

Sexty04131Sexty0413110 months ago

Sooner or later Darlene would cheat because she's already cheated anyway. No they did not have intercourse but she was already kissing and fondling someone else. He just postponed the when and the next time she wouldn't tell him but try and hide it better instead. At the very least they'd need therapy but regaining trust isn't easy to do. Hopefully Jeff protects himself for the future.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Needed some payback on Robert and Miranda

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Wrong category, apparently you should have put this in fantasy.

Or was this just written by a woman just trying to promote the idea of another female dog running around loose being okay..? Why would anyone make such a weak main character who would cave in for a proven untrustworthy slut? Who's agenda are you pushing here? Pathetic writing.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

The language used in their conversations is about as realistic as a superman story. Make the talks sould realistic, at least.

usaretusaretabout 1 year ago

Second reading: 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

5 Stars on this one . I would have picked the sister as the kids knew her and liked her .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The Anonymous comment below from 5 months ago starting with "Creative premise." was an excellent critique of this story. Husband was brilliant and took control ofnthe situation ans is now the one holding all the cards. And Darla is quite dumb.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Stupid fucking slut, kick to the curb and then kick the friend/s in the face and balls a few times. Definitely tell Robert’s wife and sue the company

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Darlene sounded like a good wife but like most women she listens to (friends) with ill intentions. Unfortunately Darlene is now untrustworthy and was far too keen on sleeping with another man as long as she could keep her husband. and who knows how often or how many others she would sleep with if Jeff didnt stand his ground.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

No! She already betrayed her husband. She needs to lose him, and her children. If she learns the lesson from that, then she can try to do better with a future husband!

ZK

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I accidently left a couple things out of my recent comment. 1) Robert's wife should be told. Irregardless of what he told Darlene to say, he should've done it so she could know what kind of husband Robert's wife has. Then sue him for alienation of affection. 2) Make Darlene not only change jobs/ employers, but tell her current one exactly why she has to leave. 3) At least for a time, track Darlene's calls to make sure she's NOT calling Miranda on the sly... or any other guy. Have her phone/ email tapped (I mean, he's paying for it!), even though she can set things up at work if needbe. She doesn't seem that intelligent to actually do it. My 4 star rating stays. Bob

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A good, well written story. However, as Jeff said, she not only decided on wanting a divorce without talking to him, Darlene's also having an emotional affair with this guy. Worse, she's listening to a "divorce expert" on how to get Jeff to accept things as she wants it.

.... Bottom line- she wants to stay married now, but what's to stop her from doing this again years later with some guy that IS single? Her promises? She readily broke the previous ones- her marriage vows. So why should Jeff think she won't repeat? The idea of dating her again to try starting a new relationship came to early; he should've made her wait. Maybe even taking her sister up on her desire to date him; never could tell where that'd lead to. And Darlene would've NOTBODY to blame except for herself. Not even Miranda, as Darlene's an adult.

.... Again, good, interesting story. 4 stars Bob

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well written but I hate that you had him give her another chance. She made her choice. It was perfectly correct for him to hold her to it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

To Anon…10 days ago. Offer no forgiveness and you get none? Read the Bible again, Proverbs specifically

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very clever. Well written and paced. Thank you for your time and talent. DMW

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very good. I just can't believe all the people who think a person can't change. Yes, Darlene had an emotiional affair. Yes, she was planning to turn it into a physical one, but when a person sees how much they have to lose, they can change. All the BTB creeps are going to get a rude awakening at the Pearly Gates. Offer no forgiveness and you get none.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Like the over-all idea of the story, but some of the dialogue is ridiculous. "I don't want to respond prematurely. I thought I have been as loving and loyal a husband as possible." Also, what husband is going to divorce his wife then send her off on an all-expense paid vatation to Hawaii? Good story, but some of the supporting points are totally unrealistic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Couldn't get past half of page 1. The wife apparently has the IQ of buttered toast.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Right to the end it was above very good. Then your hook killed it. If Darlene was ready to go out and screw someone what will stop her next time? Devorice at any cost I s the only way forward from this cow paddy

ThejmanltThejmanltover 1 year ago

Not a bad story. I thought the way they spoke was a bit odd, but it was good nonetheless.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Creative premise. Well played by the husband. He was several steps ahead mentally. Darlene is not very bright and that is being kind. Some of the commenters have said he reconciled too fast but obviously missed the ending. He has given her a path back to reconcile and they probably will but he is filing for separation nonetheless and will date her in thr mean time. I suspect he will spend time in and out of the house and tell her if she sees anyone else, it goes to divorce. And he wouldn't go to all the effort if he didn't want to get her to a point to see what she would lose and to feel some of his pain with a chance to reconcile but letting her know that going forward will be different. I think making her write a list of why he should stay married to her, which made her think of all thr good things in their marriage was key to changing her mindset. I suspect he will make it a condition of their separation period ending in reconciliation that she confess how far she went with Robert the asshole and why she fell for Robert. If he is smart, he will demand they go to counseling to really discuss some stuff. He holds all the power now, while before she thought she had the power. He inverted their roles completely. Again well played. And think about it you can't real argue with someone's feelings telling them what they feel is wrong. He took a calculated risk. If she really wanted a divorce to end their marriage then they get a divorce, nothing changes from what he said in his rebuttal. But early on it seemed more likely shenwanted to sample some strange for 90 days and come back not realizing how divorce filings work. Shenis a bit of a dumb bulb. And btw she was already so taken with Robert's seduction she was not only looking to the 90 days separation but thinking how to continue thr affair afterwards. Ironically as soon as she learned Robert was married, then he was out of the picture. Things like finding out if she really planned to have an affair after getting back together could come out in counseling. The husband is too smart and clearly knows some psychology.

KaeyoKaeyoover 1 year ago

Stupid woman listening to an evil bitch wanting to spread her own misery around. Roberts’ wife should get an anonymous letter detailing her husband playing around at wotk. He’s a sleaze. Miranda is a sleaze.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Agree he was too quick to reconcile with the bitch, but it was well written and held my attention till the end. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This was very well written and I enjoyed it. My wife wanted to "find herself" and she found herself out on her ass without a home.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

When that slut told me she wanted to "find herself", she'd find herself out of my life and, she and her fuck buddies, as well as the company she works for would be hurtin' for certain. Then, I'd marry her sister and have kids with her...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I thought the ending was cute. He played his hand perfectly. He wouldn't have gone to all this manipulation and running circles around her if he did not want to find a path to reconcile. He should have demanded counseling to deal with the emotional affair and get her to confess thrnelevator rides. An epilogue would have also been nice.

MasterKoteMasterKoteover 1 year ago

Good til the end, which ruined it. No way he takes her back so quickly..

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Really? A new relationship with the same lying woman

Fuck that

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 1 year ago

"Yes, yes, a thousand times yes!" - You see this a lot in proposals here, but do women really say this? Especially when most proposals aren't really surprises.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Stupid cunt tried to play mind games with someone who has a psychology degree? LMAO! Well written and paced.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Worst ending imaginable .

Two stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Very good story except for very end. IF you truly love someone and forgive them, you don't hurt them that way.

waltdeewaltdeealmost 2 years ago

I'd give you a 6 if I could. Don't listen to the anti-cuck trolls. Kissing another man is not enough to break up a marriage and cripple their kids emotionally. This is the most well-thought-out, well-written story that I've read on Literotica.

However, I do agree with kirei8 that a postnup with more severe consequences might be something that someone as analytical and legal-minded as Jeff would have thought of.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

HOW COULD HE POSSIBLE WANT TO STAY WITH THE SLUT, EVEN THOUGH HE OUTSMARTED IN EVERY WAY?

kirei8kirei8almost 2 years ago

If you are going the reconciliation route, you should have introduced a severe postnup to show her legally the damage she caused. Mention her already guilty of adultery in it to reinforce the seriousness of her actions. Then he needs to tell Bobby's wife of his actions and have his wife file a sexual harassment suit against him. I realize I'm telling the author how to write but I feel very strongly that, although the husband took action, it still glossed over the adultrous actions of the wife

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Read this a few times and The quick reconciliation ending is dumb and ruins it.

Only way to get a woman that dumb to understand would be to file for divorce and have her served at work. When she demanded counseling Jeff would have to show up at every session with a date and insist that the new woman be part of it as she is going to be his new wife and stepmother to their children.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Very cute!

Still would never trust her again.🤔..especially with her sister's eye scope locked on him,ready to pounce and fuck into a multiple orgasm induced coma on a daily basis😂

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

She wanted to divorce, saying she's unhappy &listening to Miranda who's an expert on divorce. Even having an emotional affair with Robert. After everything she did, suddenly she wants to drop the divorce/ separation? This bitch is not to be trusted. He should be running the other way. She did it once, & despite her promises, might do it again. After all, she promised faithfulness & love to her husband. She complained about things, but didn't tell him about what she's feeling. Again, let her live with the actions she started. 4 stars -- Bob

Chimo1961Chimo1961almost 2 years ago

She is not worth it. Nope, deal with your pain now, you can move on. To plan it like that, and plan to continue after you return, shows a character flaw that will not be bluffed away. It was a planned affair, cold, cruel, with the expectation he would accept her soiled body back.

Stamp the A on her forehead, and turn her out.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Would have liked to hear her reasons and his response.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Yes women do listen to their friends and take more of what they say over their husbands. It part of their enlightenment. Another reason why they file for divorce ore than men. Most end up more unhappy over their enlightenment.. Just deserts when your on your third marriage.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAabout 2 years ago

Do women really listen to losers like Miranda? Also calling Robert's wife isn't going to do anything unless he and Dar do hook up and her husband has proof. Do spouses really come to their partner and ask for some time to have an affair or "date"? I have been married a long time, but some of the soldiers I served with caught the partners in an affair or a quick F. I have never heard of asking permission. This story's cat and mouse was better than great. He had her so far behind, sometimes she thought she was in 1st place. Really loved this version of a stupid situation. BTRH

servant111servant111about 2 years ago

Meh. Stupid story with an insipid ending

2 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Robert's wife gets a call, if there was a non-fraternization policy active in their company, they'd get a call, and cousin Sally would have the stupid bitch served on the job. The elevator rides would have been the betrayal that could not be undone.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

She got off way too easy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Almost gave this 2 stars, but the story line & writing kept me entertained so I upped it to 3. The ending blew it up. She comes out of the blue wanting a divorce & throwing a tornado in their marriage, so at the end, he wants to start dating her? She was entertaining an affair with Robert, what makes him think she won't return to have some strange 1-2 yrs down the road? Should've asked her sister & dumped his wife. And that's why (the ending) brought down the rating from 4 to 3 stars. Too bad there's no "+"s. -- Bob

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I would give it 18 months, 2 years tops, before she starts wanting to “explore” again. Been there, done that.

Big_Tim99Big_Tim99about 2 years ago

I gotta say this; if a man has a wife with a slutty friend, he would be better off seeing if he can get her to cut that friend off, so no bad ideas seep into her brain.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Need some payback on Robert and Miranda

DrgwngDrgwngover 2 years ago

She cheated. Hubby is stupid for taking her back. Weak cuck in the making , divorce is coming anyway.

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

What is adultery? How about meeting other men at a bar and finding your wife walking out of bar with a man? I really think if the intent is there, that is adultery if though no actual touching has happened. But that's just me. Great story I wish I had the intelligence and peace of mind to do what he did. I just fell apart and gave her the divorce and couldn't hold a job for two years. Fortunately I met a good woman with four kids and that marriage lasted 40 years before she passed. Love this story! 5 stars, one of the best LW I have read and I have read many.

BOOMER1948BOOMER1948over 2 years ago

I agree with Jeff. Fondling in the elevator is adultery! Blame my upbringing. Good story until the very end. The end seemed rushed.

Darlene is stupid beyond belief and keeping her will only lead to cheating in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Could there really be bitches this stupid in reality?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Okay story, lousy ending. He had a wife that wanted out. Let her go.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Read this a few times and every time iI just want to hit the JEFF over the head with baseball bat for being dumb enough to reconcile.

ju8streadingju8streadingover 2 years ago

well being stupid isn't against the law

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Again with your bullshit RAACs.

You don't know how to write a good reconciliation. You just don't. Stay in your lane

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ok but I'd like if you had included some real payback on Robert & her GF.

NonSequitourNonSequitourover 2 years ago

This story is a gem among swill. Good job.

mac1729mac1729over 2 years ago

If only all the consequences could really be brought to light like this there would be a lot less cheating going on

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 2 years ago

Ahhh, she had that stupid friend again...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Awesome feel good story.

Diecast1Diecast1almost 3 years ago

Good story .AAAA++++

lbeachamlbeachamalmost 3 years ago

Never happed anywhere, anytime, But.......it feels good that it might. Hope is a human emotion above all else. Good story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous