Ice Melts, When It's Hot Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You don't want to be traditional with me?" I interrupted, slightly offended but mostly wanting to hold off on answering.

"No Willow! Of course I want to... I just thought bonding might make everything easier for us... that we could understand each other fully so that you could trust me with your body."

My heart melted. It wasn't fair. His words sounded like words of love but I knew Max didn't love me. I was his ball and chain, his cock warmer, who kept him from being free with others in the pack... unless he wanted everyone to know that I didn't matter as Luna. That's all I'd ever be and I could never let myself forget it.

"So you'll use my thoughts and needs against me... to get what you want?" I asked, hating how exposed and insecure I felt. I desperately needed reassurance.

"Why do you act like I'm your enemy?" He finally accused, sounding angry. "I'm your Alpha but you don't act like you even want to be with me. I thought I'd have my mate knotted and marked by now but you always refuse me.... Any other omega would be thrilled to have me! I don't understand any of this! Why do you hate me? What have I ever done to you that's so bad?!"

I shoved away from the alpha again, hating how my heart clenched as the pain of rejection coursed through me once more.

"If I'm not a good enough omega for you then go find someone else to fuck!" I yelled petulantly, completely exposing part of my biggest fear.

Then, I pushed away from the table and ran to my room to sob, like a cowardly child.

*********

Maxwell did not come to my room for several hours. At one point, I even heard him leave our house and I was momentarily upset that he'd left me behind with how he'd threatened me this morning. However, I quickly realized that with the alpha gone, I could explore our home without feeling like I was trespassing, so I decided to be content with my luck.

I slowly made my way to the alpha's room, even though there was plenty else I could be looking at. I felt drawn to his space, missing his presence after our fight and needy for more of his scent. As I reached for the handle, I momentarily worried that he'd locked the door but I sighed in relief as it turned easily in my hand. I quickly stepped inside, as if afraid to get caught by the silence, and then slowly turned to face my surroundings.

The first thing I noticed was the very large, very strange looking bed that innocently sat in the middle of the room. The mattress was on top of what looked to be a cage, with its own, albeit smaller, mattress on the inside. The bed frame was also a strange sight to behold. The metal twisted into a canopy above the bed with random half circles decorating the length, as if ready to be attached to something. In fact... there were random metal circles at the foot of both the bed and the cage. I didn't know what to make of any of it but I did find that a small, submissive part inside of me was drawn to the silky, pink sheets that covered the mattress inside the cage. It looked so safe, so comfortable, and the idea of having my alpha above me was... I blushed as my cock grew hard.

I let myself walk up the cage to see if I could find a way in but was disappointed to find that the only door was locked. I sulked for a moment before giving up and climbing into the alpha's bed. I spent several minutes sniffing and rolling around in his sheets, determined to get his scent all over me but it wasn't good enough. I quickly stripped naked and repeated the process, desperate to get his scent deep into my skin. My head snapped up, I needed more than just a shirt before I could go back to my room. I needed to be suffocated with his scent. My wolf was desperate for it but my plan wasn't working. Frustrated, I slipped out of his bed and began to hunt, turning to his closet.

"Jackpot," I whispered. For the moment I opened the closet door, I was rewarded with the strong scent of my alpha wafting off the rows of available fabric.

As I rubbed one of his shirts between my fingers, a soft moan escaped me and I blushed at the sound, not expecting that reaction from myself.

'Why are you still so surprised?' My wolf whispered, annoyed with me for us not being bonded yet. 'You've wanted Maxwell for forever, of course everything about him is tempting. Just give in. I'm sure anything he could do would feel good. Last night felt good.'

I blushed before shutting my wolf out completely. I didn't want to be talked into bonding, at least not yet.

I quickly grabbed five shirts, a tie and Maxwell's winter coat before following my nose over to his dresser. I opened the top drawer but stopped when I realized I was looking at my mates undergarments. I was surprised to find Max's underwear looked much different from mine, as I'd always worn delicate panties for as long as I could remember, but his looked like skin tight shorts. Curious... was that what boys were meant to wear? I let my thoughts drift so how the tight fabric would look on my mate and felt my face grow warm. I bit my lip, contemplating if I should take a pair, before gently shutting the drawer empty handed, coming to the conclusion that I wasn't allowed to touch something so personal, even if I was drawn to them. I lightly shook my head, trying to dispel any thoughts of seeing my mates cock while I backed out of the bedroom. While I did want to explore, I also felt the strangest need to surround myself with my haul and I ran to my room, only to leave again a few minutes later for more of Maxwell's clothes, this time from his dirty laundry.

***********

Maxwell's Pov:

I sighed, running my hands down my face feeling tired. I hadn't meant to start a fight with my poor Luna. In fact, the more time I spent with him, the more I wanted to be close to him so that he could understand that I did care about him. I didn't know how I could make the omega trust me. My body ached for more of him and I wished once more that I could bite Willow sooner rather than later. I wished I could see things from his side. I wished I knew what he was thinking. What had I done to make him so skittish and insecure? I was beginning to feel like a bad alpha because I could never seem to make my mate happy.

It couldn't be the sex thing, I mused, the boy had clearly been responsive when I touched and teased him. Even when I spanked him, I could tell he enjoyed it. He wanted me and he wanted me to hurt him. That much I could smell. However, his longing was always soured by self doubt and jealousy. Things that a mated omega should never have to feel. Why was I so bad at getting him to accept that I already adored him?

In the short time Willow had been here, I'd completely fallen for him; even enjoying his snippy little outbursts at times. I had to do something to earn his trust and to let him know how willing I was to meet both our needs at a slower pace but at the same time, the boy was always provoking my alpha side. I was strung tight and scared that his animosity towards me would hurt our future bond. In the end, I decided to talk to Sophie about it, for she had always been willing to help me figure things out.

*******

"Do you think it's possible for me to be mates with someone else?" I half joked to Sophie, having told her about how difficult things had been with Willow.

"Stop it Max!" Sophie scolded, slapping my arm. "You shouldn't say things like that, even in jest. What if you're omega heard that? He's already so sensitive. A stupid statement like that could crush him."

I sighed, rubbing my hands over my face. "I know... I just... well I didn't think being mated would be so much damn work."

"I thought you wanted this," Sophie replied, holding her glare.

"I did- do!" I corrected when she scowled at me. "It's just... he's an omega. He's supposed to want me... sometimes I think he does.... No, I know he does but then he pushes me away. Sometimes I even think he hates me. I've never felt so out of my depths with an omega in my life. I guess... I just thought I'd be done experiencing pain in my relationship with my actual mate."

"Max... I don't know much about your omega," Sophie started.

"Yeah, no one seems too!" I cut in.

"Exactly!" Sophie snapped, pissed at me for the interruption. "Don't you think that's odd? Omega's are pack creatures, even more than we are. He should have friends and be involved in the community. Especially considering his peers would have known he was going to be a Luna. He should be popular! Instead, the only thing anyone seems to know about him is that he's not affectionate with anyone. Not even his family. I mean, people call him the Ice Princess for crying out loud."

"I know... but I thought that was because he's a virgin?"

"Oh that's part of it... but he also never lets himself get close to anyone... I don't even think he's nested before and you know omega's practice that together, long before they're ever mated."

I nodded in understanding, although something about what she said sent my brain itching over my argument with Willow from this morning, as if there was a blatantly obvious clue I was missing.

"Max... maybe your omega would benefit from a little romance? I know you were only like that with Jenny but if anyone deserves special treatment, it's your Luna."

"I know you're right," I grumbled unhappily, looking at my watch. "Shit... it's been three hours and I don't know if he's eaten anything besides a few bites of eggs."

"It's nice seeing you care about someone," Sophie replied as she pulled me into a gentle hug.

"Even though I suck at it?" I laughed, as a sense of hopelessness settled over me.

Sophie just shook her head, "It'll get easier. Mates are made for each other."

*******

On my way home I stopped to pick up a few sub sandwich's and chips, hoping my offering of food would convince my mate to at least eat with me.

As I faced the front door, a small part of me wanted to simply hide away in my room, not ready for another bout of rejection but I shoved that hurt aside as I made my way into my home.

"Willow?" I called, upon seeing the darkened living room. "Are you home? I have food!"

When I didn't receive an answer, I approached his bedroom door, only hesitating for a moment before letting myself into the room.

I gasped when I saw a mountain of my clothes, including my warmest coat, piled up high every corner along with several other pieces strewn across most available surfaces. Laying, stomach down, on top of a large pile in the center of the floor, in nothing but a pair white cotton panties, was Willow. The boy had his eyes closed as his hips slowly ground against the fabric, his pale body slightly luminous in the glow of the low lighting. The omega buried his nose deep into the armpit of one of my dirty shirts, whispering my name into the silence. He looked simply divine as he whimpered and writhed, giving me half a mind to crawl up behind him so that I could strip him of his covering.

"Willow... what are you doing?" I finally asked when I realized the omega hadn't noticed my entry.

"What?! Nothing!!!" The boy screeched in terror, turning pale as a ghost while he scrambled to cover himself.

"Why do you have all my clothes?" I asked, feeling slightly amused as I watched him frantically attempted to dress, meanwhile his whole body turned red.

I- I don't..." he bit his lip, looking torn. "They're mine now," he suddenly announced, expression turning defiant.

I rolled my eyes, "Come on kid. One shirt is fine but that's my whole wardrobe you've carelessly thrown all over your room."

"I'm not a kid, I didn't use everything and I wasn't careless! I... I thought it looked nice... I was just trying to... I had to-" He stopped himself, glowering as he dropped his unhappy gaze to the floor.

"Just clean up this mess, return my stuff to my room and we can have lunch together," I replied, feeling on edge that we were about to have yet another row.

"Mess? It's not- N-no! I ca- I wo- I- I already told you... they're mine!" He insisted rather peevishly as he peeked up at me.

I stepped forward and picked up my tie along with a pair of dirty socks and his eyes widened as his fists clenched at his side. "No Willow," I answered with a hard edge of dominance in my tone, feeling the need to put him in his place. "They're mine."

"No they're not! They're-"

"Omega!" I bellowed letting my alpha scent out in thick waves as I neared the boy, causing him to whimper as he backed up against the wall. "Everything in this house is mine, including you!"

The boy bared his neck momentarily before his eyes widened in rage, "You smell like someone else," he hissed.

I blinked in confusion, "No I don't-"

"Just get out!" Willow screamed as he shoved his small palms against my chest with as much force as he could, although I barely felt a thing and only shuffled closer.

I quickly grabbed his hands in my fist and pinned them above his head. "Again, this is my house and I can stay if I want," I softly growled, as I pressed my body closer to Willow.

"Please," he suddenly begged, trying to shrink further into the wall. "Please don't... you... you smell," he whimpered.

I bristled in irritation, "Like what?" I snapped, pressing my hips even closer as I spoke only to realize, with disappointment, that my mate was completely soft to my touch and that he wasn't enjoying my display of dominance. Great, another thing I was doing wrong.

"Cinnamon... butterscotch, honey, marshmallow... I- I don't know! I can't tell! It's just too sweet... much too sweet. It's disorienting! You don't smell right," he sniffed, close to tears.

Suddenly the door bell rang, startling us apart and I made my way to the front room, leaving Willow behind.

"Thank god you're here!" I muttered when I opened the door to find Damon, one of my best healers.

"Trouble?" The beta laughed softly as he took my hand in greeting.

"Tons," I sighed, "But hopefully you'll be able to sort some of it out."

"Well I hope I can be of some good but sometimes omega's don't take to new healers. I did try to find the boy's regular healer but apparently his parents hired someone from a private company."

That made absolutely no sense.

"Why would they do that?" I wondered allowed.

"They didn't trust the pack healers... they wanted to be sure I stayed in that device. They made me get a summer job to help pay for the appointments."

Damon and I looked up at the sound of Willow's voice and I felt pity wash over me at his words. He looked so small and sad... I instantly regretted upsetting him even if I didn't understand why I smelled bad.

"Device?" The beta asked, still looking confused.

Willow blushed and looked helplessly down at the floor, refusing to answer further.

"He's been in a permanent chastity cage since puberty," I murmured quietly, trying to save Willow from the shame of explaining things when he looked so fragile.

"That's monstrous!" Damon objected, looking horrified.

"It's no big deal, it's over now... I- I think." Willow choked out with a quick glance at me, although he still refused to make eye contact so I couldn't reassure him.

"It is a big deal pup," Damon answered, looking extremely concerned.

"I'm NOT a pup!" Willow spat indignantly although he refused to look anywhere but his feet.

"No, you're right. I'm sorry Luna, I was completely out of line," the beta replied with a small, respectful bow, speaking softly, as if talking to a frightened child. "Willow, my name is Damon. I'm in charge of maternity care for the Shadow Pack hospital. Do you mind if I examine you?"

"Does alpha have to be here?" Willow asked, looking pointedly at me.

"No," Damon replied, looking puzzled, "But surely having your mate here would help, since we don't know each other?"

"I don't think so," Willow replied, dropping his eyes back to the floor as he wrapped his slim arms around his small body.

Damon gave me a startled look, while I shrugged helplessly.

"I'll just be outside then," I announced, for Willow's benefit, before letting myself out the front door.

Twenty minutes later, Damon joined me.

"Your omega is back in his room," he told me. "He's really very sweet, if not a extremely anxious and shy. I told him he should get some rest. He has a slight fever."

"You mean?" I started.

"Yes, his heat should be upon him in a matter of days, possibly less. They've been repressed for nearly as long as he was cage up so it's hard to tell for certain how close he is. I do know it will be extremely difficult for him, possibly very painful, as his body never got a chance to get used to them in small doses growing up. Although, I take his feeble attempts at nesting to mean he's closer rather than further."

"He's been nesting?" I asked, wondering when he'd gotten around to it.

"I'm surprised you haven't noticed," Damon replied with a small scowl. "The boy has your wardrobe decorating most surfaces of his room."

It felt as though a lightbulb had gone off.

"He was nesting.... With my clothes..." I repeated stupidly, as Willow's reactions to my taking the items back finally clicked into place. I was such a moron.

"Well, not quite yet. More like he was scenting his space. He's probably getting desperate for your scent and needs everything to smell like you. It's a natural part that needs to happen before the actual nesting," the beta explained.

"Fuck... I'm such an ass," I groaned. "I thought he was just trying to piss me off. We had a fight this morning about my shirt..."

"Yes, about that, Max, your omega has truly convinced himself that he's a burden to you. You might want to do something about that. I've never seen such an insecure omega, especially one that's so close to heat with their mate. Usually they form strong attachments to their alpha, mated or otherwise but this one doesn't seem to be all that attached. Almost as if he's trying to prevent a bond from forming."

"Yeah... Sophie said something similar earlier today."

"So that's why you smell like dessert," Damon said with a laugh. "You know her girlfriend is visiting tonight, right?"

"It didn't come up," I groaned, realizing the beta was probably wearing scent enhancers. No wonder Willow was so upset, he could probably smell her all over me from that hug.

"Well, my sister always did have a soft spot for your woes. I can't imagine how she deals with it and being your second in command." He laughed.

I grimaced, "It seems as though I have a lot to make up for."

"Then I'll leave you to it," Damon replied with a wave.

After seeing him off, I walked around my house to the back garden and cut the most perfect of white roses from one of my rose bushes. Then I made my way back into my home and removed my boxers, putting my pants back on without them, before wrapping the stem of the rose in the fabric, hoping he would take the gesture as a peace offering. Finally, I stopped inside my bedroom for a fresh shirt, one that didn't smell like Sophie, only to find a pile of my close covering my bed. It was like a punch to the gut seeing them back in my room and my wolf chided me for making the omega return them. The feeling was made even worse by the fact that I could smell him everywhere.

"Willow," I called, knocking gently on his door. "Can I come in? We need to talk."

"It's your house," Willow answered lifelessly and I cringed as I opened the door, hearing my words back at me felt like a slap in the face.

Once more I was startled when I surveyed his room. Only this time, it was due to the lack of my clothing. A few pieces remained here and there but the rest were no where to be seen, neither was there an attempt at nesting. He wasn't even wearing the shirt from this morning and I was surprised by how much the change hurt me. Especially when I had asked for it.

"Willow... what happened to your room?" I asked while setting my gift on his dresser.