All Comments on 'Ides of March Pt. 03'

by cookingwithgas

Sort by:
  • 94 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 2 years ago

Thanks for the ending! No matter how you slice and dice it, it's still a variation of the GA story which too many writers have tried to "improve" on. Maybe it's time to let sleeping dogs lie.

4

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The Ex-Wife didn't do anything to repair the hurt she placed on her ex-husband. So, I can't see her being able to return. Sorry, but that killed the story for me. Reconciliation is OK if there is reasonable effort to make up for the hurt caused. That didn't happen in this story. Can be appreciated under those conditions. But the Ex-Wife did everything to increase the hurt the Ex-husband experienced!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I don't get his apology or the extent of his self-doubt. His anger was justified. I see this a lot here. I guess the idea is to portray the character as noble and charitable. I don't think that it does.

servant111servant111almost 2 years ago

Sorry the RAAC ending after the cold betrayal doesn’t work with the hallmark ending for me.

2 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

If they love and admire each other so much, get married. Just don't take it for granted. Barb, through her writing, developed an entitled character and then turned into a whore. She later, rightly, reevaluated her situation. Knowing what they know, they should get married, but always think of the errors of infidelity...

john_67_SWEjohn_67_SWEalmost 2 years ago

You made Rob a weak loser, and a RAAC ending? no way, rewrite the ending and make sure that he sues the organization and hire someone to give Billy Bronson the beating he deserve, and for Barb? BURN HER!

FireFox59FireFox59almost 2 years ago

This is exactly why I hate authors that don't have their stories completed and ready to post all of it in a timely manner not spread over a month. Frankly I vaguely remember the details of chapters 1 & 2 and I'm not going back to reread them. Apparently they weren't that great to start with. So this chapter was nothing more than a meh to me.

MightyheartMightyheartalmost 2 years ago

Didn't work for me.

The husband should have moved on.

Buster2UBuster2Ualmost 2 years ago

What a Fantastic and Romantic Ending of this Story. Mr Cooking with Gas is an excellent Writer and all those that think this type of story should be buried is missing the point. The Point being that a Heart can be broken at any time when ever someone feels entitled to go with someone else, especially a Famous Movie Star or Sports Hero. That your life can change permanently forever because of someone else's selfishness. That when you fall in love with someone you are risking your heart and betting that they won't destroy you. 10 stars to the writer. Great Job

muskyboymuskyboyalmost 2 years ago

Nope, never happen. Write your own story. No saving the slut, ever.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraalmost 2 years ago

Those who miss the meaning of forgiveness, redemption and renewal have literally missed the meaning of human life. Without those - any of those - we'd be in trouble, indeed! Within those is something known as 'free will', which is our own unique gift to ourselves. If BTB is your life's choice, so be it, but understand that is your choice.

.

While I didn't particularly like Barb, Rob apparently loved her, and she, him. And.... it's merely a fable, a story.

.

Great writing, CWG, as always! 5+++/5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

It won't really please most people...but you're the only one who counts.

Thanks for the (literary) ride.

Kudos and more please.

ThorlolThorlolalmost 2 years ago

You know, most of the times there is really no need to burn the ex, but she actually deserved some burn. You treated the whole thing like nothing bad actually happend, just a bit of cheating. I would actually understand the kind of reconciliation you wrote here after a stupid drunken one night stand. But this woman, did it in the eyes of the public, in the most offensive way possible towards her husband. Not only to him but also the kids. Adding to that, that she kinda told him that it was the best night ever? Not only that, no she even met the guy a few times afterwards. Yeah no, this one doesnt work for me, at all. Why couldnt he find some one else? He had a wide social circle, he was sucessful and fit. Also blaming himself for her actions? Yeah I dont know, she knew at different points of the night that she is killing her marriage. She was 100% aware of it and still proceeded. It was all her doing and should have showed him that there was not much love for him in her. Why would he want to go back to that?

cookingwithgascookingwithgasalmost 2 years agoAuthor

@firefox59 This is exactly why I hate readers that don't have their facts straight and then post outlandish comments that only make THEM look silly. Member since 2005. Zero stories published, yet in his world, all the authors should have everything all set up for him, to drop his fat *ss into his recliner, so he can read them in a timely fashion. Are there any particular authors who you might like to fetch your slippers and a fresh drink from the liquor cabinet? Perhaps JPB can give your car an oil change. TTT and ST can clean and inspect your fire arms, as you enjoy today's read. Maybe satindesires can bring you your robe! I also understand George Anderson is available for free Valentine's Day gifts.

You have no idea what the publishing process on this FREE story site entails. None. I've been here reading since 2004 so at least we have that in common. Many of us who post here, for your enjoyment, also write and publish on pay sites and in the real world ( you know, like B&N or Amazon). The over sixty crowd respectfully asks that you stop embarrassing us and yourself. You've been around long enough to know when to flap your gums and when to remain silent.

Sorry people, just couldn't resist, too many years reading his gobbly-gook nonsensical 'feedback.'

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Of course its your story so do what you like. Well written but too sugar coated for me. I can see the talk before the wedding to make certain that the wedding is not disrupted by their past bad blood. But I cannot see them moving in like they did. She was described as a beauty that can get any guy she wants. She even had the pro player take her on so she is a really good lay. Why would she settle for this guy? If it s just for more financial security she can date him and have him pay for everything. NO need to move in and be exclusive.

As for him, how does he forgive to the point of crawling back? He said he will not forget so doesn't that constant reminder of how she disrespected you turn you off? I can see a decent rough revenge fuck and move on but again, live as if you are married but just not marry?

Move this to sci fi fantasy.

DeuxItTeuxItDeuxItTeuxItalmost 2 years ago

I think your grammar was much better than most stories I read on here. I read the second part wanting to see where this would go. I felt that the characters' actions did not match the people described in part 1, and the wife came across as, "Yea, I freaking did it. So what?" Part 3 seemed a massive disconnect. It was almost as if 3 different stories were cobbled together but did not really fit. That affected the flow as well. As a result, I went from looking forward to the entire story to feeling like it was a waste of time searching for the 3rd part, and the flow took away from the quality I felt was in the first part.

Personally, I lean toward enjoying BTB more than RAAC, but I do see a time when repentant partners can redeem a broken relationship. I didn't see how that happened. We went from seeing cheating wife almost cocky at end of 2 to the improved husband back in love with her before she ever apologized. Given how you've written in your other stories, I wonder if breaking this up didn't get you off of the roll you were on with your earlier stories.

I liked your early work. I think you're on the way to being a favorite author. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I was disappointed with the ending. It really felt like a huge letdown after the great buildup.

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007almost 2 years ago

No fuc!#? way would I take the slut back!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

As predicted, this wimp ending sucked cuckhold turds. At least with "A promise made, a vow broken" the husband got rid of the slut trash and moved on. This husband, wimped out and took a slut back because he settled for 3rd best. Sorry author- this ending stinks. Hopefully, some other author will do a decent BTB -Adios story.

Hiram325Hiram325almost 2 years ago

Cuck story... One star to drag down the average.

FireFox59FireFox59almost 2 years ago

Hey cookingwithgas. Spend your wife over and let me give her a real fucking. Pretty sure a wimpy, whining cuck like you doesn't do her any good.

For all you know I may have stories on the NYT best sellers list.

cookingwithgascookingwithgasalmost 2 years agoAuthor

Oops! Someone got under @firefox59 skin. Good one dude. Did you want me to "Spend" my wife?!? Ok, I just spent an hour with her and she's very spent. She did read your comment, and asked if I thought your handle was legit. Then she asked, as a former marine, if I was considering inviting you for a visit if it was. Hehe! I'll have to think about that one. it may depend on your level of respect. There is a huge BBQ ten minutes from my house, at the second largest True National Guard base, next weekend. If you're former military, you should easily be able to figure out where that is. Anyway, she says she's pretty happy where she is. Where is she? In my lap, in post-coital bliss as I type this. Enjoy the banter though! A little something extra for the ANONS!

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyalmost 2 years ago

Very nice ending. Glad they both could grow up and learn with life… more so with her. Time is a big factory in healing. Seen it several times with family members. Thank-you

To: FireFox59 — Dude… really?!?! …when you can and do write any story; then you can hint at leaving some tasteless nasty comment. But, the nothing has done nothing. So can it BOY!

xhristianjxhristianjalmost 2 years ago

I don't know what I think was his wife a thoughtless, faithless bitch YES?! Was he a whiny little bitch by avoiding her after the incident YES Were they both self centered egotistical assholes thinking only about themselves YES And that's sort of the problem most of us are egotistical selfish assholes it's something inherent to our humanity or inhumanity?

I think what affected me the most was I just did not care in the end what happened to either of these Assholes. And as a writer that's the key you have to hook the readers attention and not let go I think I let go after the wife's first monologue?!

FireFox59FireFox59almost 2 years ago

I will have to give you credit for leaving the comments up and thank you for your service. I never joined the service as I came of age right after Vietnam and didn't trust the government not to try to make me fodder in one of their endless wars.

I'd also like to apologize to your wife and you for my last comment. I was having a bad day and let my mouth lead my ass. I will try to be more constructive in my future comments on your stories.

cookingwithgascookingwithgasalmost 2 years agoAuthor

Thank you @firefox59 for the apology. We all have bad days. I never delete a comment unless it says "reported" because that moron should know that the admins and moderators who read EVERY story before hitting the publish button already scrutinize and vet them. Who the fuck do they think they're reporting it to? lol. We've both been on here a long time. I remember reading some of your comments on JustPlainBob's and FTDS stories back in the day. Your comments are always welcome. Shit, I get death threats for my political books, (and even some on my romance novels, believe it or not!) so I'm used to it. I do like to read comments that tell how I could have done better in my writing, or where I missed the mark, as opposed to the ones that tell me how I should have finished my own damn story. Sometimes they even give me ideas for future works! Thanks for reading my stuff, and being one of the few brave enough to provide all of the authors' feedback!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Aging has also a negative side. Ya get stupider and swallow ya self respect with a lot of jizz, ya cucks.

Mazarf Akar

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago
Hmm

Story started well and then just fizzled out.

ForensicFossilForensicFossilalmost 2 years ago

I for one do not appreciate the condescending right-wing attitude expressed in this story. The author is trying to seem even-handed, which is like Fox News pretending to be "fair and balanced". Not good, and the characters are wooden.

Martyr2002Martyr2002over 1 year ago

Good story,

Written well, good characters and plot. Not fond of Recons, especially when this much time has passed. Breaks the suspension of disbelief, that neither character can find a life after a divorce.

Grant

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sorry,unrealistic as hell,No wife would just abandon her family like in this scenario.No Husband would EVERY accept a wife back after what she did. No kids would accept their mothers action either. As you presented the story, what she did was a brutal assassination of her family. You ask to much of readers to believe this scenario is plausible. Bad enough you tried to pass the reconciliation off. Fiction is at its best if believable.You failed at that...

Having said that it is mostly well written,but I and I think most readers value realism in fiction for a tale to be complete and enjoyable. For that it is hard to go past 3 stars....JZK

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

weak, she skates. And the censure of public opinion, legal options may have been nil but the football notion of we get to do it is sure worth going after.?

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

I sometimes wonder what authors are thinking when they compose a story that they know people are going to hate. Taking back a cheating spouse or a slut wife are at once a deeply personal decision and a direct indication about you as a person.

The RAAC tend to be family above anything else BTB are more pragmatic you broke your vows for whatever reason so get the fuck out. Aside from having a gang bang in Times Square abandoning your kids is pretty much the number one reason any husband would have to never ever want to see or speak to a spouse ever again. Taking her back that's to be honest tantamount to child abuse and just total bullshit.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 1 year ago

It was a great story and a great ending up until the very last page when you had the husband apologize to the wife..

.

The husband who did nothing wrong. Apologized. Not the wife the husband

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I've only read two of this authors stories and I'm seeing the same theme. Wimpy/cuck husband with no balls. 1*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I wonder. If someone realizes, in the middle of everything, that they've just tossed their marriage into the crapper but continue anyway...do they still tell their significant other and expect "forgiveness"? Would they say "I'm sorry honey. I realized this would end our marriage, but I went ahead and did it anyway". How does that play with the "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you" argument?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good ending BUT she still thinks she was entitled to cheat stupid bitch

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandlerover 1 year ago

What a beautiful, insightful, and poignant story of love lost and regained when it seemed all was lost. The depiction of the emotional turmoil this couple went through because they were more individuals than a couple made this prose heartwarming and real. Needless to say I found it a solid 5 star read and one I want to reread again.

Thanks! An d looking forward to more of your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Terrible, reads like a complete throwaway ending and is totally unfaithful to the characters the author created in Parts1 and 2. Rob's internal musings just before he meets Barb are written as if they had actually had substantive talks already about putting the marriage back together. He shows complete awareness that Barb had changed enormously before her fuck date and he understood why then they had to part while they both "grew." What growth? A 40 year old man lives to be 46 and now he abandons his deeply felt values and is willing and eager to get back together with the woman who betrayed him? That's pulling a rabbit out of the hat in a way that is not believable and is not well presented. As for Barb, she's just accepting back the chump she cheated on and humiliated; what's so hard about that. And how has she grown? In some unexplained way, she says she "hit her peak" 3 years after the Vegas fuck fest fiasco andslid rapidly downhill thereafter. Why? Did she get a writer's block, lose all talent for writing, what happened? Where is the "I need more". Well, yeah so your hubby has decided now to suck up being cuckolded and be the sophisticate she longed for? I

I could continue but why? Very weak writing, very weak presentation, you rushed this and finished what had been a well written, very good story in a very lazy way. I know this is free, but if you're going to end up with a reconciliation, you owe it to your readers at least to make it plausible. Very disappointing because you plainly can do much better. 2**

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nah....... I don't see how a real world marriage would come back from that such public disrespect. It's wasn't 'in his head', and it was a defect in her character. If she wanted something different, then it was her responsibility to respect him enough to say so, and not do what she did. The moment she went that course, it was all over and not because he had become a conservative stick-in-the-mud. The only useful thing therapy would do is help him address his stuffy tendencies and he clearly did. And the part I don't buy is that he wasn't seeing someone else by that many years later if he had improved so much. A better ending would have been taking the new squeeze to the daughter's wedding and be celebratory with the bride, but polite and distant to the Ex. The kid would get it just fine absent celebration disruption. Find someone without the baggage of blanket disrespect. "Get over it" only has one proper response really: the best revenge is moving on, living well and happily without her. My first wife had an affair with an business acquaintance while I worked like a dog in a partnership in our 40s, and I divorced her, met a wonderful woman, and been remarried for 17 years while she went through two marriages and divorces. This author is good, but missed the boat on this story. The last part was weak.

ThorMcBalboThorMcBalboover 1 year ago

She Is a terribile human being. I kind of likes the writing tho

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Turned into a cuckolds are us till the nexct time she gets the hots for som,e strange dick.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nonsense.

I've known a dozen marriages where one spouse cheats.

1 of 2 things happen. An immediate reconciliation happens...with one spouse eternally apologetic and demonstrably sorrowful. And the other spouse is able to forgive and through a lot of pain and work and counseling they reconcile.

Or they split and can hardly stand to be around each other.

I've not seen one time where there is blatant cheating. A split. And years later all if forgiven and they reconcile.

I have an ex that cheated 20 years ago. We split amidst a lot of hostility. Things eventually settled down to coparent. And now all I feel is ambivalence. She's miserable and I could care less. I would NEVER consider touching her let alone reconcile with her.

There's just zero chance this story plays out this way. None.

It's nonsense.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"I just wanted Rob to know that I'd experienced two very different ways of living. I knew their pros and cons firsthand - and especially the downside of abruptly switching between them. I told him that I preferred that first one - the one I'd had with him, and hoped to have again." This is wife thinking. What is she talking about. After the divorce did she become a slut. If so, it was not said in the second part.

Also, husband said or though something likek, why should he be made, "who could blame his wife for not taking full advantage of date and having sex with the football jock" - This is totally stupid because of course almost everyone would blame her. She did this in front of the press, her husband and young children. There is nothing more selfish, disrespectfull or immoral. For husband or anyone to try to defend wife's behavior is totally beyond the pale. I doni't think wife ever really "got it". Hence a 2* story.

anon.1

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Feels rushed, flat, no real reason why they got together again. Divorced, 6 years have passed and nothing at all to explain how and why they have pined for each other. Rob could forgive her, be polite so as not to spoil his daughter's wedding, but there is no explanation at all why he still loves her and wants her back. Nor is there really any explanation from her side; why come back? Weak writing as well. Disappointing flop from a usually very accomplished writer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Given the way you portrayed Barb in the second part, mad, self entitled narcissistic bitch, this part could never have happened.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

If the jock had been older and not wanted children she would have enthusiastically spent the rest of her life with him. Reconnecting with her husband is her consolation prize. And he will spend what's left of their relationship getting her pity fucks, mediocre for her, but they'll have to do. Men age like wine, women age like cheese. So she needed someplace to park her cheesy aging ass while dumbo was still available. And being dumbo, he allowed her to park her car in His garage. He's the one getting fucked. And she's no doubt loyal and loving now, since no one else will want her aging whore's cunt. Unless one more such opportunity comes along, and she uses her skill and experience to better hide her cheating. Good for dumbo, I hope he lives happily ever after. Its obvious the whore will. Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

End ar pg 1 would have been ok, but a sirt of abrupt "english" end... but the pg 2 ending was just... poor. But that's just me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wifey's thought process was only shown in the second character. There she seemed self-centered, went out to bang the guy coz of whom she regrettably had to divorce her husband. Now in the third chapter she is ecstatic to get back with her hubby who never married ! This is an example of bad plot, poor character development and bad finishing. All endings doesn't have to be happy. Sorry mate, only 1 from my side.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Children are never capable of letting something like this go so easily. It borders on the surreal how she was able to just move on as if her husband never really mattered. Well except for that one little 2 hour cry. Cuck stories just don't make sense even when they are dressed up.

beatman04beatman04about 1 year ago

Did anyone write an alternate version, with, hopefully, a different ending?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This needs a better ending, she humiliates him and he ends up just shrugging it off eventually. Meh

likeboblikebobabout 1 year ago

minus 2 stars. People that get back with their exes rarely make it. Your ending is without merit IMHO.

Jlyn1Jlyn1about 1 year ago

Glad for the feel good ending. This story was a roller coaster ride of emotion. I

was ready for the worst but the end left me with a smile. That's a rarety here. 😊

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A well told tale of flawed people making bad decisions, justifying their behaviour with the pretence that they were acting in the best interests of the other and finally allowing a little honesty to wipe away some of the mistakes.

Not perfect - but much better than the usual Literotica fare.

LA

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This was a trite overly simplistic RAAC. They barely talk about anything. They somehow without communication on page just work everything out. Worse after her attitude and mental state, including her internal thoughts, in chapter 2, which wholly contradicts his statement of "genuine remorse", this simply would not happen. Thr Chapter 2 Barb is worse than original Linda in February Sucks. Not because of the nature of the one night tryst but because of how they act and talk afterwards. While Barb admits she fuxked up, she can't stand separation when he is in hotel, and actually doesn't do anything to demonstrate remorse or contrition. He needs to just suck it up. Linda at least went from being self-centered and delusional to slowly understanding, going to counseling and then realizing wow that hurt with the deus ex machina Ellen hoax. And trust me I don't like Linda. But Barb's thinking metastasizes into a tumor as the second chapter goes on, and end with her dating Billy a couple of additional times, until she realizes they have no future, nothing in common and the sex is actually unsatisfactory (what a surprise the fantasy bubble burst!). So yeah goes the wrong direction and demands a divorce. Buy somehow in this chapter the husband has come to realize thatbshe did the right thing cutting him loose years ago as if she had a master plan and approves of her post incident behavior, well except for dating Bill the asshole after she filed for divorce. So yeah since he "figured" it all out, why bother actually taling about anything and just say "I forgive you" and no need to communicate anymore, just reconcile and rebuild. Huh?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Why would he just go back to that hoe if he has options

silentsoundsilentsound12 months ago

P.S. there is no way Barb lives this down.

You totally ignored the fact that she did this with massive publicity surrounding it.

She would have been humiliated as well as her children and immediate family.

MightyheartMightyheart12 months ago

Horrible end

Minus two

ComefindmeComefindme12 months ago

Pretty disappointing ending to a disappointing story.

The plot started strong and ended abohy as soft as mud, the pacing was.. jarring, a huge time skip with absolutely no explanation.

Worst of all though is the characters, from what I've read of yours, you like writing weak willed kind of soft men and play it off as "laid back" , and hard edged callous women, which is fine, it's your story after all.

The problem is they don't mix in the context you have them, he gets mad and is very vocal about it... And then just runs away and abandons his kids and does absolutely nothing, she's cold-hearted , callous and self centered. Then magically all the problems are solved off screen for the fade to black happy ending.

Sometimes you can be too committed to trying to make a happy ending that you tank a story, this is one of those times.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Minus 5,000. What a stupid story. Far worse than the original Feb. sucks.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades11 months ago

I think this makes a good melding of reconnection. Thanks for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Did not cook with gas this time. She did the worst thing possible to her family not reconcile

bobareenobobareeno10 months ago

I just reread the entire tale, and I upped the score on this segment from a 4 to a 5. This was a good story, well written, with realistic characters and emotions. Their new relationship needed to arise from the ashes of their last one, and they both needed to come to terms with who they were and what her betrayal meant. Well done, cooking with gas, keep that fire going, we appreciate your good efforts.

Pinto931Pinto93110 months ago

Story started strongly but after the first part is was basically all down hill to a squishy Hallmark ending. Disappointing.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Disappointing…..

tinfoilhattinfoilhat9 months ago

I'm glad they got back together.

StruckwrongStruckwrong9 months ago

BTB wasn't needed . To bad you found a way to make him pathetic though.

StruckwrongStruckwrong9 months ago

This is like Rob plunging a toilet for the decomposing shit and sticking his dick in that.

The lipsticked thought process she was evolving was just more of the sewage.

MasterKoteMasterKote9 months ago

Crock of huge shit... The disrespect and telling him to except equals no chance of reconciliation

Hiram325Hiram3259 months ago

Da fuck? Unearned reconciliation with an absolute POS female. Cuck nonsense...

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

“What I'd first mistaken for a character defect in Barb turned out in my head, to be a temporary sense of entitlement. After all, who exactly would blame her for 'riding' her date out to the next day. “

OOOOMMMMGGG. Really? Can Rob get to ride out his fantasy with some supper hot woman of his wet dreams? Geez… She’s entitled but he isn’t. Sorry that doesn’t work. Any real man that was serious about his vows would expect her to be too and when she wasn’t it’s instantly an open marriage which won’t last for long.

“By staying out of reach and out of touch, I'd taken the chance that she'd have to spend some quality time confronting her inner demons.”

That assumes she had a conscience of which there is zero evidence. And what did she do, she hooked up with the Beast again.

“What I couldn't do was find a woman to love. I'd tried. That woman was in my rearview. “

Yeah but that woman sure didn’t understand love or her vows. It’s a tragedy to be in love with a woman that doesn’t love you like you love her.

"Listen Barb, I've...been such an ass...and a damned fool." I left it there, “

Unbelievable.

richard2675richard26758 months ago

I just read your story the Ides of March. Damn this is fantastic.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

God I hope this was your last story. What a piece of cuck shit. He could have sued Billy for alienation of affection or simply taken a baseball bat to him. A well placed shot in the groin would be better still.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

She told him Billy was the best sex she ever had. I don't think I'd be able to get over that. Rob is a better man than I

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

The disrespect from her just seems like too much to want to be with her again

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Interesting until the last chapter. I so hoped that you would use this chapter to dole out pain of some kind to Bill.

And maybe bring some publicity to sway public opinion against the magazine. If the courts can't help, try the case on the court of public opinion.

She tells Rob that her greatest sexual experience was adulterous sex with Bill. I can tell you first hand that you don't ever get past that. But to be fair, SHE will never get past that either. Every sexual experience she will have will be graded against her 'Bill sex'. Humans can't help it. We make comparisons ALL the time. We usually keep the comparisons top ourselves, but we'd do make them.

Then Bill's "wider" appendage is something she will look to experience in future hookups and is another thing that Rob will not be able to provide for her.

Last, she realizes that after three times with her dream guy the sexual euphoria becomes just average. How long till she realizes that 'first time forbidden sex' is what made the experience so wonderful? Now, she will look for more opportunities to experience first time forbidden sex. How can you stay with that woman?

These husbands are like Lorraine Bobbitt's second husband. You have to ask what he's thinking; "I'm safe. I sleep on my stomach!" Nope. It's just not worth taking the chance with a woman like that.

Luis and Diane

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

This story just kept on getting worse and worse..I thought chap 2 was the trench…but chap 3 turned out to be the Marianna Trench of shit!

What happened to the writer… got bitten by the Feminist agitprop and woke nonsense too?..

Yuck …u suck!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Wow. Head games between the two. Became a trainwreck driven by divergent philosophies. Sometimes a one night fling is just simply a betrayal nothing more. The Ides of March were a betrayal for Caesar. Doesn't have to come with all the ideological hand wringing.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I ended up disliking your MC by the time he left his family to go home by himself with tail tucked between his legs,I lost respect for him even before they got back together. The only right thing he did was leave her,yet it was her that had to push the divorce through because he could'nt. He did nothing to gain his self respect back...payback never happened in any way. Still a decent tale that was worth reading to the end.

As a story 4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Fuck..that was a story that sank chapter by chapter into the abyss of mediocrity! All the possible cliches were used…and so were the standard Feminist agitprop!

This writer seems to work very hard to take over Matt Moreau vacated seat in the shithole!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

An intelligent and well written tale - but it's Februaray Sucks in all but name.

LA

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

No clue as to why neither found another in six years or why they chose to get back? She benefited from marriage, dream affair, now financial security and a companion. What does he get other than return of damaged goods who will always dream of the pro athlete?

bigurnbigurn2 months ago

So she kept screwing the beast until he dumped her. Then , she started regretting her choices. Although the Ex slept around a bit, through the years; he bought the liberal hogwash that, somehow this was his fault... What a load of crap. She made the choices. She screwed around on the marriage, not him. She should have took her whore ass and walked far, far away from the family... What a selfish bitch and , in the end, what a dumbass victem he chose to be.. Wallowing in a miserable F#cked over life 'til the end. Still 2 Stars .

MarkTwineMarkTwine2 months ago

Sorry but your story sucked and none of the characters were worth a shit. I’d say the bunch of disfunctional assholes deserved each other including the shit ass kids.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I thought this was a great story. I couldn't see a character like Rob not just moving to divorce after a few days of consideration, but people are all different.

What I really hate, and I wonder if it is a tool of LW authors nowadays to avoid criticism, is the intro of saying whether or not there is a BTB, sex or not, or whether there will be a reconciliation. I like to read a story not knowing how it ends till I get to the end.

Anyway, great story, 5 stars.

OlefishermanOlefishermanabout 2 months ago

Come on people it was just a stolen story. From George Jones and a couple dozen other. The guy still comes out a wimp. Sorry in my world I got craped on to much to take what his wife dished out. She can live with her crap. Her kids her daughter, she tells her feance why daddy isn't paying anything towards her wedding. The author said that it's just a story but it's their way of carrying out the theme that it's alright to shit on your wedding vows because our society doesn't give a crap any more, however if daughter's boyfriend walks away, suddenly she might give a crap. Oh well it's just a story. Right.

skruff101skruff101about 2 months ago

I suppose it’s always best to keep delusional people together, that way they don’t get to fuck up other people’s lives.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Very well written. Yup it ended how I thought it would but in a very imaginative way. For how its written and the plot and characterisation I can't fault this it's an excellent story. Do I like it? No not really I don't feel it's fair that someone can do that to their partner and basically get away with it. Nor do I feel it right that someone can seduce a married woman (or man) because they can and just walk away without any punishment. Yes I'm sure someone will go "But Barbara had to go through the pain of divorce so she was punished". Total hogwash if that's true then Rob was being punished for what exactly? Being a decent husband but a bit boring in places? So no i really didn't like the outcome but I thought the story was good and if this was real life I'd wish both of them many years of happiness. BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

If this was a movie? I'd have yelled "boooooo" at least 5 times and probably been asked to leave the theater.

Sorry...this horseshit was really that bad.

AnonymousAnonymous17 days ago

“Mark finally finished school after 7 years with his masters in Bio Chem. I keep bugging him about grandbabies.”

/

You’re never going to attend your son’s wedding, because he won’t ever let a woman get close enough to hurt him like you hurt his father. He’s probably already had a vasectomy, because there’s no way he’d risk letting a woman have leverage over him through children.

/

I wonder how long it takes for Desi to cuckold her husband now that she has 2 children? After all, not only did her mother get away with no punishment after being a slut, she eventually even got her husband back! Why wouldn’t Desi follow that example?!?

/

ZK

Dennis26Dennis2617 days ago

When Barb became successful with her writing, she moved with a different circle of friends. In essence she became part of the liberal elite. Deep down she felt entitled to her selfish impulses. Rob did nothing wrong and paid a price because he expected his wife to respect their vows. I enjoyed the story and felt it was well written. Although I did not feel that the pain was distributed equally. For that reason 4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous6 days ago

Very effeminate ending, I skipped most of it. That said, you can obviously write anything you want, as they say, your body, your choice.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usercookingwithgas@cookingwithgas
Romance novelist, under pen name K.L. Denison. You can follow me on Amazon, KDP and coming soon on SmashWords Like writing and posting free stories for others' enjoyment - often just to clear a writer's block. Real life can be pretty boring, so I strive to avoid the common ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES