All Comments on 'Idolatria Ch. 07'

by Asbel

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

...He who gives the right answer kisses the lips. Any reader not bothering to look up and ponder the biblical quotes you begin each chapter with is missing the depth of your writing talents. I’m drawn to your work I think because your writing is so visual to me. I actually feel it. Levi literally shaking with holding himself back; an unguarded moment of a dom showing vulnerability. Ash’s heart thumping in the tips of his fingers. A kiss described as impure abandon. So many of your words not only express the moment but link the passages together. You pace the story well. Thanks for treating us to 2 chapters in as many days.

SubgeneSubgeneover 4 years ago
Jesus!

I’m dying! And I’m sooo greatfull for you doing this. The lack of representation in the art of storytelling, good storytelling throughout mainstream media is washed away as I blissfully sink into your delicious brain juice. Seriously thank you🙈✨🧜🏾‍♂️

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I’m loving your story and you’re accomplished writer. Maybe this question is answered later, but I’m still curious as to why Levi went to church in the first place. And I’m a bit surprised though that Ash has not asked him either. Certainly I understand why Levi chose to defer communion, and in this situation you really showed his honesty, But I’d love to know a little more about Levi and his search for spiritual knowledge and I assume peace.

AsbelAsbelabout 2 years agoAuthor

@anonymous I answered that question for myself in a side story I keep for writing exercise and will likely never publish. Honestly, the answer isn’t terribly ground breaking or anything. Spoiler for those who want it.

Levi simply found himself in a town very much centered around its church and he got bored and wanted to know what was up. That’s seriously the only reason. As for why he kept returning… well, keep reading.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Dear Author, thanks so much for answering and writing this story. I was wondering if Levi (a Judeo-Christian name) may have thought this was a more liberal church than perhaps he had experienced in the past. He’s alone and wanted to get to know people as well as maybe explore his religious beliefs. He was pretty quick to go with Ash to Bible Study…but that was hard not to with beautiful Ash asking.

I’m in my 50’s BI (probably 70/30 m>f) christian and married to my lovely wife of 31 years. Things were different then, but I promised in front of God and family, and I plan to honor that promise to the best of my ability. So it just struck me that maybe certain religious beliefs were the cause of his previous difficulties (I have now finished the 15th chapter but it is not any clearer). My son shared his gay sexual preference a couple years ago at the age of 21, and for now he’s not really sure what he believes. So you can see how interesting and poignant your story is to me. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts and creativity.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAsbel@Asbel
Asbel has lived in places. Not all those places were nice. He wrote a terrible book in high school. He doesn't remember the title. It's gone now. Then he met the man who became Ricky. In 2013, Asbel started writing another book called Hematoma. It was a book about Ricky. Pe...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Idolatria Ch. 06 Previous Part
Idolatria Series Info