All Comments on 'If I Never Knew Your Name'

by Candy_Kane54

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
MaonaighMaonaighalmost 3 years ago
A brilliant link

What can I say, Candy? Another brilliant link in the Virginiaverse chain. It's enjoyable to read all the different points-of-view in this canon, which is as near-perfect as these stories come. The reference to Desert Hearts was interesting: you may know it but there was a similar film at roughly the same time called, I think, Leanna. I liked the small touch of nostalgia in mentioning cinemas with only one screen (those were the days!). Thanks for another fine story, Candy.

Air_DryAir_Dryalmost 3 years ago

It was nice that Bonnie got to tell her side of the early days with Virginia and we all got to see her again. You really brought her (back) to life in this chapter of their story. Keep the tales from the Virginiaverse coming. I will keep reading. Thank you

CeVin_ChienElleCeVin_ChienEllealmost 3 years ago

CK!!! Sigh. I love getting Bonnie's point of view, but it's really heart wrenching. I liked the way you made time subservient to Bonnie and Virginia's relationship, and how Buying The Bracelet is reinforced as one of (if not -the-) "temporal nexuses" of the Virginiaverse. It's definitely a key point in time.

Anyway, love it!

MigbirdMigbirdalmost 3 years ago

Such a beautiful, heartfelt love story, and so very poignant when their relationship is viewed from Bonnie’s POV. The entire ensemble is so well crafted, and you have made it so easy to return to different places, times and characters.

Slurpy29Slurpy29almost 3 years ago

Simply wonderful. I believe this is one of your best works. The writing and the flow of the story provided the reader with the discovery of a beautiful romance during a time of non acceptance. You did an excellent job in tying in small segments from your previous stories, like saving the twenties, receipts which Virginia discovers later. Thank you for continuing with Bonnie’s POV.

BillyslateBillyslatealmost 3 years ago

Loved Bonnie's POV:

Although I loved all of the previous Virginia / Bonnie stories, this one was definitely the best! Bonnie actually enticed Virginia into asking her out, and was really the prime instigator in their becoming lovers, and then a committed couple. It was quite interesting that Bonnie knew "She's The One", after meeting her Virginia the first time, and then followed through on reeling her in. Bonnie's only serious or concern from day-1, was how would Matthew-Mark-Virginia relate to each other. The boys immediate acceptance of Aunt Ginny definitively resolved that the Boys to Virginia relationship would be awesome.

Although Bonnie was not presented as being particular religious, it seems interesting that she named her boys after two of the Gospel Authors in the Bible's 2nd or New Testament. While both of their names were in the top 20 for boys during their birth years, it is definitely a bit unusual that Bonnie named 2 of 2 boys for 2 of the 4 gospel authors.

I also loved every time Bonnie "worked her walk" on Virginia, leaving them both with soaked panties. Reading this chapter after Bonnie's death renders her love for Virginia impressively more powerful than had it been written earlier in the Virginia-verse series.

Great Work🎉 - CK

shayneoneshayneonealmost 3 years ago

well done like always i look forward to more be safe a fan shayne

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyalmost 3 years ago

Thought i could read just some pages , as i already have been through all your other wonderful virginia life stages stories, but it was fascinating again lovely warm thrilling enchanting ...... Another wonderful hearttaking storie and absolutely wonderful ...... Thank you for sharing your deep inner soul feelings

WaxPhilosophicWaxPhilosophicover 2 years ago

I will admit, it took me a while to sit down and read this. I saw Part 3 pop up in the queue a while back. Three parts with this many pages is a serious commitment. :-) Anyway, I finally made the backtrack to part one, and I'm glad I did. Excellent story. (And I secretly love that Bonnie shops at St. Vinny's) Part 2 is on my list!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCandy_Kane54@Candy_Kane54
*** IN MEMORIAM *** 13JUN23 - It is with a heavy heart that I inform you that Maonaigh had passed on 11JUN3. I hadn't expected it since he had just written me 06JUN23 about his next lesbian story he was working on. Apparently he had been quite sick for some time. His body was...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES