All Comments on 'If It Ain't One Thing Ch. 05'

by magmaman

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
chytownchytownalmost 4 years ago
My Condolences My Friend*****

May she RIH😢😢

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
magmaman, sorry for your loss

I've enjoyed many of your stories over the years. Thanks so much for writing and sharing them. Sadden to hear about your and Debra's life situation and her recent passing. As you so eloquently stated: Life, If it ain't one thing its something else trying to knock the snot out us. Many condolences there, keep fighting the good fight!

liquid_yellowliquid_yellowalmost 4 years ago

I’m so sorry it ended like this

Wonderman1Wonderman1almost 4 years ago

Wow , what a way to end. Sorry for your loss. But have very much enjoyed all of your stories. Best to you and hope you continue living life as well as possible during this pandemic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wow

Never knowing why she left must really hurt. Even is you are divorced some one must be the beneficiary. The almost daughter? Hope not the state.

I wish you well.

LalawmanLalawmanover 3 years ago
I can't imagine where you go from here

I have always liked the sharing of your lfe experiences with us readers. The end of your relantionship with Debra seemed to be the final straw. I was wrong. Keep well and safe because you still have a lot to offer in this f@cked up world.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Shit

I so waited for the next story and so hoped for a happy end with Debra. And then she just passes away.

There are only a few storys I get worked up and this was one of them. Now my day is ruinied. Sorry for your loss and I hope you find happiness again.

Sorry for writing as Anonymous. I'm trying to activate my account since July 2019, but didn't get support from LIT, Manu or Laurel. If you want to help me create a Thread in the Tech-Support-Forum, contact me: infosauger@gmx.at

patilliepatillieover 3 years ago
Oh my Lord, Magmaman

I am so sorry to hear about Deb's passing! I hope you can grieve in a healthy way, although the Covid I am sure makes that tough. Wow, what a shocking conclusion to that part of your life. Damn, Debs was healthy as a horse....so sad.

I do hope you check back in from time to time, I love your stories; and the style with which you tell them.

Do some fishing off the pier, it will be good for you. God Bless

sdc97230sdc97230over 3 years ago
The fallout from this ending is potentially horrendous

Debra died from the virus. He caught it from the workers at her Boston home. Then he returned to his home, travelling through at least two airports in Boston and Portland, and more if his flight wasn't a nonstop. Plus the hundred-plus passengers in his plane. All the people he came into contact with came into contact with still more people, and on and on. It may eventually turn out to be thousands of things.

jimjam69jimjam69over 3 years ago

Good long and sad story.

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
Thank you.

5-stars for your body of work.

Sorry life has sucked recently. Hope things get better.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Sorry, but truly did hate this one. Like almost everything you've written. Loved a lot of them. Not this one. Way out of character.

Ranger001Ranger0018 months ago

...sounds like stories I hear from a lot of people from our generation!

Thanks for sharing, (Northwest neighbor).

Ranger001Ranger0018 months ago

To sdc97230:

Yours is the textbook description of how a disease spreads. It is also the way humanity gains immunity. It's always been this way! Read Michner's "Hawaii" for insight into the introduction of Smallpox to the Islands.

Sadly, many deaths are part of these incidents. Some have told me I'm a cold and uncaring =÷#*@! Not true, but I am not living in a fantasy world, either.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermagmaman@magmaman
6', 186#, published writer. I have worn many hats. As a young man I was crazy, carefree and making wads of money. Then along came a messed up war and I was cannon fodder. From there I came home even crazier, and survived a 120 MPH crash which got me 15 years in a wheelchair...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES