All Comments on 'Ignorance wasn't Bliss'

by Slirpuff

Sort by:
  • 204 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous1 day ago

Betrayal like this can't be so easily set aside.

Only once it has can counselling even begin to help, if it ever does other than to fill the bank accounts of therapists.

Brcause of that this story doesn't deserve more than 3*, yep people cheat, yep people get caught, that's not the story. The story is in the how they deal with it. Here we get nothing but the bones.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

No way this kind of betrayal be set aside. They might stay together but he, at least, will never feel he's married anymore.

RePhilRePhilabout 2 months ago

Btw readers this writer is long gone from lw

RePhilRePhilabout 2 months ago

Too many divorcées not enough widowers

WolfOfTheWorldWolfOfTheWorld2 months ago

Divorce, then sue the bio-dad for back child support. Somewhere in that timeline beat the bio-dadh alf to death.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Maybe a rough outline for one, but not a story at all really, 1*

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Yes, people make mistakes. They spill the salt, or forget to add something to the shopping list. Adultery is a CHOICE, not a mistake! You don’t accidentally get naked and fall onto your boss’s dick!

ZK

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Another Simp story, just label them

PhoenixLore1981PhoenixLore19814 months ago

She deserves to die so does her lover and husband all 3 needs to be killed

chasbo38chasbo384 months ago

Cuckholded dad finding pout one of his kids is not his kid is nothing new. Using DNA or blood type to discover the truth has been done many times as well. Need some new ideas.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Sorry. Only three stars for this undeveloped story.

JPB

RePhilRePhil4 months ago

I like you are able to briefly touch on plot points that some writers use for an entire story. It really builds your stories up.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

The daughter is 18. He should go after the real Father for back money and DIVORSE his wife. Have another's child is a heinous act. They did it with no protection or what they used failed. Had she been honest when it occurred, well, but to cover it up for 18 years, there is no come back. Further, what about health issues from the Fathers family side they are all unknown. Lastly how long did it go on for?

The ending is/was very poor.

Kernow2023Kernow20236 months ago

poor incomplete

photogman18photogman186 months ago

The writing is technically well-done. The story leaves the reader in a cliff-hanger with no hope for completion and resolution.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

The fact that she told the sperm donor... just one more nail in her coffin.

NoBullAlNoBullAl6 months ago

Another one of those fake stories where the author gets his jollies by setting us poor fool readers up with what might have been a decent story!! Then he tips the shit house over on us and leaves us all thinking the same thing…. FINISH THE DAMN STORY OR DOŃT POST IT!!!!

DadieODadieO7 months ago

Where's the ending. Come on you can't just drop it like that

it's like saying you've seen the movie but watching the trailer.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

It’s called paternity fraud.

silentsoundsilentsound7 months ago

This was unfinished.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

4 Stars as The wife knew that the daughter wasn't his . The guy would have never known except for the Blood Test and DNA . How can he ever trust his wife ever again ? Get the Divorce not the counseling .

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Paul will really like getting hit with eighteen years worth of back child support. I know of several case here in Michigan where DNA was used to prove paternity and child support was order to be repaid to the offended partner in a marriage or divorce action.

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlenny9 months ago

You can't live and truly be happy with that kind of disrespect unless you completely abandon your dignity.... And who wants to live without dignity

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Hopefully he divorces the slut. And beats the crap out of Paul, and yes sue for child support. But if he doesn’t divorce his wife I hope to hell he cheats on her for the rest of their lives, making her life miserable. His best revenge is to live well - with other women.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Her getting pregnant and passing the child of on her husband for 18 years is a real problem genetics for one, herity dease, heart conditions, Parkinson, tremens, Asmam, Diabetes and the list goes on many develop at different stages in your life and a heads up would be good to know. Not only the fact that she cheated and got away with it her biological father needs to pay support for him raising a child. People not doing things make it harder for people that try to do what right laters that's why there is so much fraud because people won't do anything about it.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I feel like this wasn't just a 'mistake' like the MC thinks. It is a life changing event. Being forced to raise another man's child is so evil. It's worse than just being cheated on. Choosing to have a child is one of the biggest decisions a couple can make. Putting in the massive amount of work and then finding out the child isn't yours is insane. Biology matters, genetics matter. A biological child will always be closer to a parent, with a bastard child there will always be something small missing.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I agree with anonymous 1 month ago. The conception-gestation time lines pretty put her adultery in the first year of marriage. Having the girls BD would allow defining the conception, i.e., last intercourse within three weeks. Thar she used no contraception may indicate that she and here husband wanted a baby right away, she purposely got pregnant because she wanted her lovers baby or she fell into the 1-2% pill failure window. If it turned to be case 2 she is toast. Case 1 and 3....maybe counseling; however, since trust is overwhelming requirement for the relationship, would have been permanently lost, divorce also ne as certainty.

The decision to leave would be overwhelmingly strengthened because she fucked the guy in our first year and very likely before.

An ending entailing the wife's recollection would have been good here. However, leaving in open allows for reader speculation.

5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

It’s not finished

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

You should never tolerate paternity fraud. It's a betrayal of every man on the planet.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Not enough story; should have been longer to explain what happened to the marriage and to have Jan 'explain' how this affair (and it must have been an affair. She had to have slept with her boss more than a time or two) happened.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I liked it. But, it seemed more like the outline of a story rather than a finished one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Non ending. Why would a woman who plan to cheat with her boss, not use contraception, ad in pill + a condom. How dumb is that? They were married 19 years and his daughter was 18. So given usual gestation duration. She got impregnated soon after their marriage. Was it once or multiple time? Was she off thr pill to start a family? That would make it far more heinous. Was she having an affair through the wedding? Timing seems surreal. Incomplete.

AkSh4BloOdAkSh4BloOdover 1 year ago

Not knowing is far more dangerous than knowing.

But humans are stupid and emotional to acknowledge that.

Lawrie1941Lawrie1941over 1 year ago

Only 3 stars just because you finished your story in four lines. If ever a story needed to be expanded then this is it. Actually it is one of your better tales but desperately needs to be completed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

She cheated, more than once, used no birth control. Got pregnant with guys child then lies about it to protect her ass for 20 years!

I would love my children forever and, every time I looked at my daughter I would be overcome hatred for her.

This marriage was DOA with the blood type results.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

She knew, her boss knew, that speaks volumes. Only one course of action, ditch her for not only committing adultery, it had to have been more than once, but for not informing him 18 years ago. A mistake is not knowing a tomato is a fruit. A travesty is putting a tomato in a fruit bowl. An 18 year old lie needs to be delt with. Every time her mother saw the daughter she knew she was not her husbands and that is truly evil.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The story was finished! Don't like it, write your own. Very good tale, 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Either end the story or don't even write it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I liked the story & would've probably given it 4 stars overall, BUT!!! The story needs a continuation of what happened afterwards. Did they stay together? Was the ex-boss sued?

-- There needs more indepth concerning the time he learned that he's not Holly's father biologically. This was glanced over.

-- There def needed a conversation between him & his wife about the why she did it, why she kept a secret, how many other times did she betray him, etc., including should the marriage be kept. This was totally ignored.

-- Was there ANY discussion between Holly & her mother? Did they keep their relationship as was, or was it strained? Maybe Holly should've given her mother hell for her actions, but for somebody not in that situation, it's hard to be definite.

-- Because of the above, I'm giving this 3 stars. Bob

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One of my favorite authors, he is always entertaining to read.

This was clearly not up to his standard; I found the ending rather lukewarm.

No, you do not have to arrange the wife’s death, remove all of her skin, or light her on fire; but you can’t let this dog sleep. Fuck, a kid with split parentage makes one sick especially if one is alive and well during conception. Okay so I’m a daddy. What am I in my wife’s eyes? Well, I am not her ATM. I can’t believe I came back home.

TheRealMadtexTheRealMadtexalmost 2 years ago

Good story. It could be better, if it was longer and actually ended.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Cold hard fact. A Father is the one that produced the child. The Daddy is the one that looked after the child. It can be both if the male is both. It would be interesting what the law says about it. The wife is one cool calculating bitch and should not be trusted. She robbed 18 years of life from her husband as if he had known I am reasonably sure he would have divorced her 18 years ago. Further, she does not seem that fazed by it. As usual she is only upset because she was found out. Another reason to dump her now. Kids are all gone so no maintenance. If I was Holly I would have giving her Mother verbal lashing for my Daddy not being my Father. I men a real verbal in your face, cat hissing verbal assault. It would have been better if the Mother was not there. Everyday would be a reminder. As said by many it needs part 2. However, if part 2 says they staid together it would not be a story worth reading. An affair is one thing bringing up another's child makes it 100 times worse.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesalmost 2 years ago

The difference between Father and daddy, it does matter. Thanks for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Open ending. Too brief. No back story. No viewpoint of the wife. No basis to assess anything. Forgiveness is hard and not always possible. It is still his daughter regardless of the sperm donor.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Well written but both incomplete and, worse, somewhat difficult to willingly suspend my disbelief. There should have been Carols POV. You should, almost always, FTDS.

One very good aspect is he was open and forthright as well as loving and supporting, of his daughter. Genetics does not equal the real parent.

The biological father should have paid retroactive child support. As to Carol and her husband fate, well that's why you FTDS.

I'm not condemning you as a person, only that the writing is a little sloppy. As you can tell from the comments others thought so too.

You write well but tighten things up!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Just because they separated and ended up in counseling doesn't mean they got back together, nor does it mean that they divorced. Would have liked to at least know which way it went. That's a lotta years to hide that big a lie.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

FTDS!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

No counseling. Immediate, humiliating divorce....and a lawsuit for child support. The wife deserves prison for paternity fraud.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The REAL Father is the one who Loved, raised, taught, supported and was there throughout the good and bad times, not the scumbag the cheating whore of a wife banged. On the other side the father should make the whore suffer and sue the scumbag for back child support.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Do not submit a story if you do not have an ending,the story is incomplete. You waste a readers time. No matter what you wrote or how you wrote it, 0 stars... I have said it before and I can't say it enough...Don't submit until the story is complete...JZK

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Sue for raising the girl, new Camaro! At least the daughter knew the value of a real dad. I feel there was more to be said.

OdessaLesOdessaLesabout 2 years ago

Needed more information for the ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Not coming clean at the time just shows how deceitful the wife was. For that she and her buddy should have been exposed and dealt with. If I had been Holy, I would have gone nuclear with her mother and contacted her her real father. There is one fact that I find strange in a lot of stories is the real father is the one that produced the child. The Daddy is the one that raised them. This is fact and thus should not be marginalised.

QuintiusQuintiusabout 2 years ago
No ending...

... no score.

Rocky62Rocky62about 2 years ago

Lets not forget, sue sperm doner for cost of raising a kid. College fund!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Conclusion should have been a divorce

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You forgive and ..........you forgive for the sake of the kids. The internal fighting with yourself never stops, and you are never the couple you once were. Im not her father, but im her Daddy, we celebrate Daddys day.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nice story, it stirs memories in me, cheating happens in a flash of want, not need, not desire, sometimes its just foolishness. I never forgave myself for telling my daughter about her mother cheating US. I dont regret pushing my friend down a flight of cement steps and falling on him mylelf, breaking both of his fibulas. Im still married and we have never talked about it again, but knowing is not better sometimes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Commenter someoneother is an idiot. Of course Paul must pay for his crimes. Paul knew she was his daughter. The mugging of Paul would occur after he pays up, lol. Also the daughter shoukd be told because she has a right to know of any hereditary diseases, dummy!

someoneothersomeoneotherover 2 years ago

I can't figure out which comment is funnier: The gross stupidity of someone writing "It's unimaginable to me that any man could forgive or forget He transcriptions such as this"; or those that scream, without regard to the law or the effect on the daughter, "He also needds to go after Paul and sue for back child support. The of course Paul needs to be mugged leaving a place."

Fact is that the story is too short to permit any meaningful answer. How was the marriage before and after the affair? How has been the wife the past 18 years? I don't mind the lack of ending, but I dislike stories that have neither ending nor basis for an ending.

hicountryriderhicountryriderover 2 years ago

It's unimaginable to me that any man could forgive or forget He transcriptions such as this.

Even if they reconciled he would still have that image of his mind for the rest of his life.

The relationship with his wife would never be the same it would always be torn and fractured. Yet why would anybody want to stay in a situation like that list their massacrestic remotionally weak?

Wolf_Man_1962Wolf_Man_1962over 2 years ago

Fuck that he needs to dump the slut! He also needds to go after Paul and sue for back child support. The of course Paul needs to be mugged leaving a place🤣

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Paternity fraud should be a felony. The husband is written as the usual weak, needy, low-T, LW male character who ultimately cucks out. In no universe should the husband do anything other than get rid of the adulteress.

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

Really decent story.

This "Jan and Rick separated for a time but eventually ended up in counseling. People make mistakes, but this was a really big one." Almost no one comes out of that type of betrayal together. Unless that "separated for a time" was more than a short span.

NitpicNitpicover 2 years ago
Agree

Agree with Swordwielder.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The story is finished, you can tell by the lack of words. As ErotFan (who also wished it was longer) said, he is not the author. betrayedbylove - feel free to write stories like you want to see them, everyone has that opportunity just like Slirpuff.

ErotFanErotFanalmost 3 years ago

Too short. But then I'm not the author.

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 3 years ago

Actually the title is wrong. Ignorance WAS bliss. It was the removal of ignorance that destroyed the bliss.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

well told, well presented, needs 2/3s more of the story. please keep writing

SwordWielderSwordWielderalmost 3 years ago

This story was not finished. Paul should have been sued for 18 years of child support, especially since he knew. As to whether he and Jan fixed their relationship - a lot would depend on was it a one time slip, a few times, or a full affair - was it coerced or voluntary. Considering she knew and lied for many years, I would insist on a lie detector test. A post-nuptial agreement makes a lot of sense IF he can get over the betrayal. Of course divorce is always an option, and maybe the kids can learn to hate their lying, cheating slut of a mother - if that description fits. please finish the story.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

Damn

This is nothing worse on this site like an unfinished sory. Either take it all the way or don't write it at all.

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 3 years ago

counseling would help him come to grips with him being the willing cuckold that he turned out to be. And it just another of this writer lack of holding any woman accountable for anything.

oldtwitoldtwitabout 3 years ago

Oh the truth does hurt, all involved

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Pathetic

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Sorry

But that's a big NO. I don't even know where the reconciliation came from. I understand not severing relationship with the daugther. But the cheating wife?

1 star

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

Unfinished cuck story...

InfiniteCycleInfiniteCycleover 3 years ago
To anony cuck 10/06/20

Blood tests are still a big indicator. It gave him the insight. Then he needed no further proof when she admitted it. No need for DNA. The wife even admitted the father knew.

Your comment is 100% irrelevant to this story.

Maybe you should get DNA tests done.

That aside... The protagonist is also a cuck.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
No

You just do not forgive that kind of betrayal.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
yuk

love those negative comments-i feel less like a troll

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Absurd

There is no possible forgiveness for the slut wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Blood Test is not Valid for Parternity

Blood Tests can lie. It would take a full DNA test to determine that Holly was not his daughter. My wife is type A, I am type B, two 0f our children are type AB and the third is type A. There is 4 years between the oldest and youngest, and the middle child is Type A. My "true" blood type is "BO" and my wife is "AA". There is other strong reasons why all three boys are my sons.

skruff101skruff101almost 4 years ago

Pleeeeeeeesse cuck stories should have their own category, then those poor deluded fools that are turned on by them can get off quicker because they don’t have to search for them.

NegativeNellyNegativeNellyalmost 4 years ago
Mistake

Amazing how it’s considered a mistake but the other man knows about it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Was Holly a daddy's girl? He should've made her naughtiest fantasies come true.

No better payback against an evil bitch wife that pulls that shit than knocking up her illegitimate daughter.

NitpicNitpicalmost 4 years ago
Why

Why did he not try to find out if Paul was still alive and sue him for child maintenance if he was and also kick the shit out of him.

NitpicNitpicalmost 4 years ago
Should

Should have gone looking for Paul and if he was still alive kick the shit out of him.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 4 years ago
as I've said before

Slirpuff turns men in to cuckolds faster than any slut wife ever could.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Too Short

This needs an ending. Good story, just incomplete!

NoBullAlNoBullAlabout 4 years ago
Another wimp husband story

I know the writer covers a multitude of subjects but why the preponderance of wimp husbands? So he finds out 19 years after the fact... then what? No explanation; no revenge; no BTB just “Oh well I’ll talk to the daughter and check the son’s DNA and that’s it.” Apparently in his world the fact that cheaters will always cheat and for certain actions there are penalties doesn’t exist!! Oh yeah the couple went for counselling... been there, done that! All you get is a bunch of malarkey... let’s talk about it; what were your feelings; it was only sex; we can get past this; try to live for today; forgive and forget; and on and on! It’s burned into your brain so how do you forget especially every time you look at your daughter? Then TRUST! What about trust? How does the wife earn that back? In the real world it ain’t gonna happen! So they get back together and go on together in a kind of suspended animation where every time something untoward happens the doubt starts all over!

NegativeNellyNegativeNellyabout 4 years ago
More Explanation

Great story but needs more explanation. Why did she tell her boss that the kid was his? What was that conversation like? How long after did they still work together? What were the circumstances that lead to them having sex? One time thing or ongoing affair?

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Good short

Too short needed more.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 4 years ago
he also needs to DNA test his son

you know the saying: mama's baby .....papa's maybe

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Good story

Good story on a tough subject. I would be seeing Paul about back child support. Then I would find a lawyer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
why would the cuck stay

unless the cuck likes being a cuck

in which case the cuck deserves his pain

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 4 years ago
Paul needs some overdue punishment

Be it physical or financial it has to happen. He should pay one way or another for the damage done. He does not get a pass. How many other lives has he ruined in the mean time? This story is unfinished.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
It's been done

As the title says, this theme has been done before by other authors and much better. This barely had enough words to even qualify as a story. It's more of a writing exercise. No big emotional impact, no depiction of the thought process that went into his decision to tell Holly, no meat behind the confrontation between Rick and Jan, and no resolution. Just another lazy sum up epilogue where he lets the reader make up their own ending. Not good.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Why

Why didn't he she Paul for alienation of marriage,child maintenance and the firm he and Jan worked for?.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous