All Comments on 'I'll Be On My Way'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 249 Comments
Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraalmost 2 years ago

In the 1950s, it was called, "The Bad Seed"! Nature over nurture! 5/5.

Diecast1Diecast1almost 2 years ago

Like the story a lot. AAAAA+++

Forto02Forto02almost 2 years ago

Another good story from this author.

HDK, thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Very funny. I'm glad to see you posting.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

That was really good. I love it when they try to turn it around on the husbands and don't get anywhere. I hate it when they try to turn it around on the husbands and the fools end up on the defensive.

stev2244stev2244almost 2 years ago

This felt like a classic HDK story, which is great. I enjoyed that a lot.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Quite short, still good nonetheless

EZ8ltEZ8ltalmost 2 years ago

"no fag cuck shit" - best motherfucking tag ever

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Excellent 5 stars

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxalmost 2 years ago

Oh yeah! Great ending. Thanks for the fine read HDK

other2other1other2other1almost 2 years ago

Hahahahaha, loved this tale, the closing scene made everything come together nicely!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Thanks for an entertaining cautionary tale with no fag cuck shit.

TwentysevenTwentysevenalmost 2 years ago

Good one, HDK. Back to your best.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Hoo Rah! Play ball!

wayniepoo62wayniepoo62almost 2 years ago
Well......

Now he will be known as "No Balls".....!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A 5 star story here!!

CagivagurlCagivagurlalmost 2 years ago

Wow, great story.

Liked it very much... Nice whimsical tale...

5 stars

Cagivagurl

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

like mother and granmother it runs in the family. A smart husband made the right move.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 2 years ago

Very entertaining, well done.

SystemShockSystemShockalmost 2 years ago

While not associating with people who aren't worth shit is a given, one should also be wary of those who do. If they lack the fortitude to get rid of the bad fruit, it's only a matter of time before the rot spreads.

It starts with not wanting to be the one to rock the boat, but once it becomes the "norm", that can quickly turn into tacit approval and open doors that should remain closed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Apart from the sadly obligatory 'big cock' nonsense that grates so, it was HDK at his hilarious best.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Another great 5* story HDK, welcome back. You have been sorely missed by many.

MightyheartMightyheartalmost 2 years ago

LOL

Loved it.

Laughed a lot.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wonderful, as always. Hope Traci's husband takes the bat to both the WHORE and HER MASTER, and continues on her slut mother and slut grandmother. They're breathing precious air good people could breathe.

avidfaavidfaalmost 2 years ago
Wonderful!

The ending was just perfect. New complex situation, interesting characters, upright guys, well-written as usual. HDK has a way to put a twist on words that is really humorous and delightful.

rublicksrublicksalmost 2 years ago

Well done sir, the last line was classic

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Hahahaha. Touché. Well written and a decent storyline. Well done.

The Style GuyThe Style Guyalmost 2 years ago

Thanks HDK! 5* from me. And as much as I liked the story, your tag, “no fag cuck shit” made my day.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Thanks HDK!

Impo_64Impo_64almost 2 years ago

Finally another 5* story from you since "Not guilty"! Thank you.

WargamerWargameralmost 2 years ago

Ha, Ha!!!!! Loved it

5/5

someoneothersomeoneotheralmost 2 years ago

I think we missed the part where Jim was arrested for assault and battery on one-nut. In real life, violence is not free.

SDN1955SDN1955almost 2 years ago

I LOVE the ending.

KayaknhKayaknhalmost 2 years ago

Best 2 line ending ever!

I am still smiling

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Typical HDK story......terrible.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989almost 2 years ago

Fun story, Thanks for the read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

While it's a great question, it is a moot point given these men are knee deep in hoes. His wife KNEW, his wife HELPED hide the affair from her own father. It's obvious she doesn't respect the most important man in her life, the one that raised her. So it doesn't matter if she's cheated or not. It doesn't matter if cheating is genetic, nurtured, or some weird combination. What matters is her views of fidelity, and men.

We are human. Of course it'd be a lot harder to judge a daughter caught in the middle of all this, and not taking anyone's side. But she took a side, her mom's side. Over and over again. Author did a good job of vaguely alluding to the daughter being in affairs, without actually saying it out right. While it doesn't matter in my opinion, it's great story telling.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapualmost 2 years ago

Hahaha.

That was hilarious!

Stupid women.

Thanks Harddaysknight.

I like The Beatles too.

FireFox59FireFox59almost 2 years ago

Nice tight little story. Sure does look like cheating, lying, and deceiving runs in the woman of that family.

amygdalaamygdalaalmost 2 years ago

"That's not her husband. That guy only has one ball," I replied with a sigh. "I made the right decision four years ago. Being with you and seeing Traci now fills me with relief and joy."

Whether its nature v nurture. The author has a point about the lifetime influences close family members with negative trace habits and behaviors have on the young and susceptible. The grandmother and mother are both lying manipulative round heel sluts and the daughter learnt to supports and enables that behavior. The odds were not in his favor that she would not go that route as well as influence another generation of kids in such foul behavioral patterns.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Well written. Loved the twist at the end!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nicely done with a fun twist at the end. Would have liked some of the conversation when Mike tells Traci she's out on her ass.

orater1orater1almost 2 years ago

Interesting read and, a nice tie-up at the end. A little difficult to read. heck, the page break with your shift in time (4 years) had me going back and forth to make sure I was in the same story...lol. But still worth 5*

We2are1We2are1almost 2 years ago

and well he should "Thank His Lucky Stars"

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 2 years ago

Yes! 5***** all the way. I enjoyed that a lot and the ending was perfect. There was just enough waffling in her words to let you know her commitment to the marriage was not absolute.

Driven2ReadDriven2Readalmost 2 years ago

Loved it -- 5*, short and sweet. Nice to see a guy use his head to understand the situation.

laptopwriterlaptopwriteralmost 2 years ago

Another flash of brilliance from Mr. HDK. Leave it to him to come up with a great plot and execute it so deftly in less than two pages. My hat is off to him. 5 stars, of course.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

would have like to see Tracys reaction when she was served. otherwise average for you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good decision

whateverittakeswhateverittakesalmost 2 years ago

This has to be the absolute best ending ever.

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 2 years ago

So he made the right decision or HE would have been the chap with the baseball bat? Say! I wonder if that kind of shenanigans was why Bentley was de-balled?

Good, 5* story as ever. Great start to the week.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The only critique I have is the part where you glossed over Jim's arrest for assault & battery, the wife has a restraining order against him and he gets screwed by the judicial system. Other than that, loved it!!!!

amyyumamyyumalmost 2 years ago

You did it again you little devil; great story. I guess everyone has a Traci and Amber in their lives; good choice for your MC. 5*

Sloburn38Sloburn38almost 2 years ago

Very well done, Thanks

Omart57Omart57almost 2 years ago

Lol, Great story, HDK! Loved it!

GamblnluckGamblnluckalmost 2 years ago

Great story. 5 stars

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 2 years ago
Took a couple minutes to figure out who was who in this one

But I figured it out. One ball Bentley sure lives dangerously! Funniest line was did we get the contract?

mithanialmithanialalmost 2 years ago

You know... these... 'loving wives' stories you write feel more and more like brain therapy man. Hope all is well.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Ha, what a fun, quick story. Talk about cutting your losses. One-nut's, one nut was quite busy, at least for one family of females. But where will hubby # 2 aim that baseball bat?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

If our protagonist had so much respect for Jim, why didn't he tell him everything he learned from his phone recording? That's really the only downside to this tale.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wish he would finally get around to finishing LiR as he once promoted in an email enquiry.

Life goes on and people still make promises they never intended to keep.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

"Like mother, like daughter", to the 3rd power.

Is One-Nut's testicle being passed-down as a "family jewel" in Traci's family Wills?

One of your best ones, HDK!

johntcookseyjohntcookseyalmost 2 years ago

Classic HDK marital drama infused with whimsy and sarcasm. In that sense, you remind me a lot of of Woody Allen, perhaps my all time favorite comic screenwriter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

NICE touch at the end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

There's actually a lot of truth in this. Whenever I was getting serious with a woman, my dad always told me to look carefully at the relationship between her parents. I should have listened to him.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Loved the Way he made his decision and got out before it was too late.

Tiger27Tiger27almost 2 years ago

Great story, great ending.

BriteaseBriteasealmost 2 years ago

Good one! Got me smiling at the end

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 2 years ago

Mr Shock wrote, "While not associating with people who aren't worth shit is a given, one should also be wary of those who do. If they lack the fortitude to get rid of the bad fruit, it's only a matter of time before the rot spreads."

.

Except, of course, this was Traci's mother at fault; does anyone really expect a daughter to dump her own mother?

And really, Traci is a name specifically reserved for Hooked1957's cheating wives characters!

Regguy69Regguy69almost 2 years ago

Another HDK special! Loved the ending. I don’t recall any mention of One Nuts marital status, but if he was married, it would explain why he had an “accident “ and Jim never heard from the cops.

ohioohioalmost 2 years ago

Another great story from the master! HDK has not lost an inch off his fastball--this one is fast-paced, tightly plotted, direct and simple and yet utterly absorbing from beginning to end. He knows that we don't care whether Theo and Amanda met in a record store or at a frat party, and how big her boobs are. We're not interested in his love of rock-climbing or her two adorable parakeets, unless they're connected to the story somehow. HDK draws us in, gets us interested, and spins his tale. Aside from the disappointing lack of fag cuck shit, this is a winner!

Thanks, ohio

SwordWielderSwordWielderalmost 2 years ago

Wonderful HDK. I wish there was some way that the slut's reputations could be made public. I understand the no fault divorce, but there should be a penalty to the guilty party when they do cause the divorce. Could you imagine any dating businesses and of course the county and state marriage registrars having to notify people that so and so is a known cheater / gambler / spouse abuser / etc... i.e. if you date or marry this person you are doing so at your own risk, and are publicly stating that you are dumber than sh$t!

Mr_Sap24Mr_Sap24almost 2 years ago

HAHAHAHA I just love when @harddaysknigth does his comedy thing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Honestly SomeOneOther that depends on who you are and where you are. Believe me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great quick fun. Thanks for writing.

Hooked1957Hooked1957almost 2 years ago

Hysterical. Sometimes it's just good to laugh at an entertaining story. Loved the ending.

Hooked

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Re: Someoneother. The idea that the "law" gets enforced in every instance in which it is broken is childish. Violence often is free, as well as theft, rape, murder, etc.

5.

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 2 years ago

Hahahaha! Great story and you included your typical humor!

Thanks HDK!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 2 years ago

"Are you kidding me? He's almost as old as Dad and only has one nut" - Is that all? How about it would be cheating?

\

As if it wasn't bad enough that Traci was covering for her mother and grandmother, but she got mad at HIM for cluing in her father.

RuttweilerRuttweileralmost 2 years ago
I’ve enjoyed reading many of your tales, but this feels like a drive by.

I had to read the first page three times to figure out who was who and why was Callie in Mike’s kitchen. It didn’t need to be that confusing; you could’ve revealed that Mike was Jim’s son-in-law much earlier.

All-in-all, it just feels rushed and thrown together, more like an uncompleted sketch. This whimsical writing style is more appropriate, in my opinion, for a humorous tale like “Not Guilty”, but this particular foray didn’t jell for me.

Thanks again for providing many enjoyable reading moments over the years.

SkibumSkibumalmost 2 years ago
Wow!

The last sentence makes the story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago
"In Real Life Violence Is Not Free".

Unless you are rioting with BLM and burning down buildings, like police stations, and making attempts on federal court houses. Or arrested for assault in New York City or San Francisco or Chicago.

Oh, but assaulting a sexual predator without premeditation and with gross provocation, oh, my, we can't have that in civilized pornographic literature. The only mystery is why One Nut is still able to have sex with a woman. I guess Jim didn't bother to finish the job.

I would have enjoyed the obvious drama and contentious dialogue as the cautious son implements his preemptive divorce from the genetically and environmentally infected future whore. If you owned a child skittish dog from a large litter, and you learned that EVERY dog from that litter eventually attacked when a new born baby was brought into the home, what might you do before you bring home your first new born? I think the plot and the reasoning was sound. How about if the daughter was protecting members of her family for drug dealing, theft, or conducting a Ponzi scheme?

The only possible flaw in the story is how these promiscuous sluts kept their moral and ethical corruption from being detected by other aspects of their values and behaviors. I've always found corrupted souls are pretty easy to discern given enough time and scrutiny. Most husbands get fooled because they are deaf, dumb, and blind. They claim its love. I wonder why something and beautiful and wholesome as true love requires a person to become stupid? But that's another story. Thanks for your effort with this story.

SunnyU2SunnyU2almost 2 years ago

Not a fan of people being punished for what they might do.

At the very least I would have waited to see the how Traci reacted to her mother and grandmother's divorces.

Not a bad story, just didn't resonate

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

To ‘someone other’ in life violence is not free and Jim would have been arrested - do you watch the news or read it? Lots of people getting away with violence on a day to day basis, justified or not.

He’ll, no idea where you live…. Heaven? Or in some wealthy gated community for the rich and famous?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Is there a ...subtraction of the spheres... in the very near future?

5 stars for funny

peterb5740peterb5740almost 2 years ago

Fantastic ending to a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Bah Ha Ha Ha!!!!

penneydog55penneydog55almost 2 years ago

Strike! Your out! & His other ball departed too. 5🌟🦧👍😁

AmunRa218AmunRa218almost 2 years ago

A previous comment said it all. "Best 2 line ending ever". Just reading that made the whole story worth spending some time. Thanks!! LOL

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

That this story is rated as high as Robertabob’s recent story is an absolute crime. Not even in the same ballpark. Please folks stop giving sympathy votes just because you see a famous lit name.

JBEdwardsJBEdwardsalmost 2 years ago

Brilliant. Right down to the last line. 5* ~~JB

NewOldGuy77NewOldGuy77almost 2 years ago

Well done, although a bit abrupt. He decides he doesn’t trust his wife, and then *bing* it’s 4 years later! I would have liked to have heard the conversation he had with his wife when he told her he was divorcing her. Nice touch in the end with one-ball. 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

His decision should have been obvious halfway down the first page, when Traci declared, "I want Mike to father any kids we have. That's one thing I'll make sure of." Right then and there, he knew she wasn't opposed to cheating just like her mother and grandmother, as long as she made sure of the DNA of any babies she had. Game over, hire that lawyer. The rest is just window-dressing.

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 2 years ago
As always...entertaining!

...and with that, "I'll be on my way!" :)

nixroxnixroxalmost 2 years ago

1 star - If this was supposed to be a Loving Wives story - you failed miserably.

It was the story about a SLUT, as well as a daughter-SLUT and a granddaughter-SLUT in the making.

Where is the Loving in all that mess?

PS - you can delete my comments BUT you can not change the average score - which is probably well on its way down to ZERO where it belongs.

MwestohioMwestohioalmost 2 years ago

Great. But where's the post story joke?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...