I'm Not Who I Used to Be Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yes, I suppose so," I warmly smiled, after they'd settled down to a dull roar, "But only if you want it that way."

"We've got a handsome Daddy," Kerrie began to happily cry, "And a very beautiful Momma."

"Yes, you do, babies," Sarah also cried, smiling as she held both of our daughters in her arms, "And you've got two people who love you very much...both of you."

"Oh, thank you, Michael...I mean, Dad," Karlie cried, rushing to throw her arms tightly around my neck, sweetly kissing my cheek, "I love you so very much."

"You're welcome, baby," I tenderly replied, grateful and happy tears raining down my face as I hugged my new daughter "And I love you, too."

For the moment we simply enjoyed having our new daughters holding onto to both of us like they were never going to let go, and if the truth were known, I silently prayed that they never would either, thanking God Almighty in the process...

~~~~~~

Kerrie and Karlie were twelve years old, and would be turning thirteen two weeks before school began back home. And as we ate dinner together that night with the rest of the band, the twins were excited even more when they found out that they were now also related to Mark as well.

I could tell that he was almost as excited as the twins were because of the way he was acting. He made it a point to make sure that he was always near one, or both of them the whole time he was around them, almost protectively, which pleased me more than he could've ever known. And when they found out that he was the one who taught me Karate, they immediately began asking him if he would do the same for them.

"There's plenty of time for that, babies," Sarah excitedly giggled, "As soon as we get back to Texas, you're going to meet both sets of grandparents, as well as another cousin, and both of your Aunts, and your great Aunts and great Uncles; oh, and you've also got a really sweet great grandmother, too."

"Your Mom's right," I smiled, proud of the fact that I was now the twins' father and my beautiful Sarah was their mother, "Both sets of grandparents are, all four, very excited to meet you two."

"Daddy's right, babies," Sarah smiled, noticeably glowing now, "You girls have a very big family now, and you'll never ever be alone again."

And because the twins had insisted on sitting between Sarah and me at the table that night, it was no surprise when our daughters took mine and Sarah's hands as Karlie told us, "Now that we're your daughters and have the same last name that you do, me and Kerrie promise you that we'll always make you proud of us and never let either one of you down, because we love you very much, Mom and Dad, and we always will," and of course, needless to say; there wasn't a dry eye at the table...

~~~~~~

THAT NIGHT

It had been a very exciting and emotionally draining day for the four of us, and before their little heads hit the pillow, both of our girls were sleeping soundly, wearing happy, contented little smiles on their beautiful little faces. It was then that I began to realize just exactly what my own father must've felt like the moment he became a parent.

I could also tell that Sarah, too, had also had an emotionally draining day and even though her eyelids were growing heavy, she still managed to tell me how very much she loved not only me, but also our very new and very beautiful daughters.

"I never realized anyone could feel as happy as I do, my love," she quietly yawned, curling her body around mine, "I love you so much Michael."

"I love you, too, baby," I tenderly replied, leaning over and gently kissing her soft lips, "And I love our daughters, as well."

"I know," she softly smiled, "Those two think there isn't anything like their Daddy. I think it's so precious and I'm so happy that you're the type of man that you are baby."

"I love you, Sarah..."

~~~~~~

I woke up early, way before everyone else the next morning. So after I quietly and gently eased out of bed without waking Sarah, I gently crept down the hall to check on our girls. Our girls...Oh, my God, how I loved the sound of that.

After opening their bedroom door, I quietly peeked in to find my precious beauties still asleep, and still wearing the same happy smiles that were on their pretty little faces when they went to bed the night before...

~~~~~~

I was in the small living room watching the morning sun rise, drinking my first cup of coffee when I felt a small pair of arms gently slip around my neck from behind, accompanied by a sweet little voice that I would now know anywhere. "Good morning, Dad. You're up really early. Can I have some coffee, too?" Karlie asked, coming around and taking a seat beside me on the couch.

"You're a little young to be drinking coffee, aren't you?" I grinned, returning the hug she was still in the process of giving me. "Mmm, good morning, baby, did you sleep well?"

"Yes sir, I did," she sweetly replied, "So, can I have some coffee? Besides, I'm gonna be a teenager on my next birthday."

"I suppose one cup won't hurt you," I chuckled, "Just don't let your Mom know that I gave you coffee, or else she'll get really mad at me. How do you like your coffee baby?"

"Cream and sugar, please," Karlie cutely replied, as I rose to fix her a cup of coffee, "And just so you know, Dad; Mom loves you more than anything in the world."

"Oh really," I grinned "And exactly how would you know that, daughter?" proudly smiling at Karlie calling me Dad.

"That's easy, she told us," she softly giggled, "Mom also told us about how you guys got together. It was so romantic."

"It sure was," Kerrie replied, suddenly appearing "Can I have some coffee, too, Daddy?"

"Aw, man," I sighed, "Your Mom is gonna kick my butt for this."

"No, I won't," I heard Sarah happily giggle, leaning up and kissing the nape of my neck as she reached around and hugged me from behind while I stood in the small kitchen fixing the girls their cups of coffee, "Mmm good morning, my love," and then she looked at the girls and told them, "Good morning babies. I hope you both slept well."

"We really did," Kerrie softly replied, getting up to hug Sarah, "Good morning, Momma. I love you."

"And I love you, my angel," Sarah tenderly told her, "You, too, Karlie honey."

"I love you more, Mom," Karlie teased, "You, too, Dad."

"See, Sis," Kerrie tenderly told Karlie, "I told you that they loved us, didn't I?"

"Yes," Karlie giggled, "This is one of the few times that I'm glad that you're always right.

"Oh, really," Sarah smiled, "And what is that supposed to mean?"

I'm not trying to be disrespectful, Mom," Karlie sweetly replied, "But it's one of those twin things."

"Oh, okay," Sarah contentedly replied, "Why don't you two come over here and give your Mom a big hug? Would that be alright?"

"Any time Momma," Kerrie softly told Sarah, as she and Karlie both simultaneously pulled Sarah into their soft little arms, as Karlie added, "Any time at all."

"Hey, what about me?" I playfully pouted, "Don't I get hugs from you girls, too?"

"In a minute, Dad," Karlie giggled, then she looked at Sarah, and still giggling, asked her, "Has Dad always been such a baby when it comes to hugs, Mom?"

Of course Sarah and I both almost fell out from laughing so hard, and then in less than a few seconds, we found ourselves surrounded by our girls, in the middle of a warm and tender family hug...

~~~~~~

The time had come for us to leave New York City and head for home. I could tell that Kerrie and Karlie were both a little nervous about meeting the rest of their new family, but I tried my best to put them both at ease.

"Relax, babies," I gently told them, "You're about to meet several people who've been chomping at the bit to meet you."

"We're not nervous, Daddy," Kerrie gently smiled, taking my hand into hers, "I'm just getting myself ready to meet everybody without crying like I did with you and Mom."

"Oh, my precious little angel," I lovingly told her, as I gently pulled her into my arms, and kissed her soft little cheek, "You can cry all you want to and no one will think any less of you. I promise you, baby."

"I know," she began to cry anyway, "It's just that I've been dreaming about this ever since Karlie and I were little girls, and now that my dream is coming true it's just so, so...what's the word, Daddy?"

"Overwhelming?" I asked her.

"That's the one," she quietly wept, "It's just so overwhelming."

"She's right Dad," Karlie also began to cry "We've never known any family before and it's gonna take some getting used to. I hope that's okay. It is, isn't it?"

"Of course it is, sweetheart," I softly replied, "And you can take all the time you need, alright?"

"Daddy's right, babies," Sarah softly told them, as she, too, placed her arms around them, "You girls are free to take all the time you need, okay?"

"Thanks, Mom," Karlie sniffled, firmly hugging Sarah, "You and Dad are the best parents a girl could ever want or need."

"You're right about that, Karlie," Kerrie told her sister, also hugging Sarah "So very right..."

~~~~~~

I could clearly tell that my new daughters were now more relaxed, as well as excited, to not only be flying for the first time in their lives, but being able to do so on the private Learjet that I'd chartered to take us back to Texas.

Our flight attendant's name was Melanie and I thought she was so sweet for the way she treated the twins. Hell, they even got to go forward and take a look into the cockpit and momentarily speak to the pilots. And of course Sarah and I simply sat together holding hands as we silently watched our new daughters, both of us with contented smiles on our faces...

~~~~~~

Mark had flown in a day early in order to be well rested when our jet touched down on the runway at the Municipal Airport that was near our hometown. Kevin and Lee would arrive a day behind us. And because we'd flown in on a chartered, private aircraft, we didn't have to deal with having to enter the airport through a public terminal. Instead, the co-pilot retrieved our luggage from the aircraft for us and placed it in the trunk of the large stretch-limousine that was awaiting us right there on the tarmac.

"Hey, guys," Mark smiled, as he stepped from the limo, "How was your flight?"

"It wasn't bad at all," I grinned, shaking his hand and gently hugging him, "Thanks for getting the limo lined up for us. How much do I owe you?"

"Not a thing," he chuckled, "Consider it a "Welcome Home" gift."

"Hello, Mark," Sarah sweetly greeted him, hugging his neck, "How're you doing?"

"Pretty good, Sarah," he warmly replied. Then he looked at the twins and said, "Hi, sweeties; how did you like your first time in an airplane?"

"Hi, Mark," they simultaneously replied smiling, hugging him fiercely as Kerrie said, "We loved flying...it was really cool."

"I'm glad you liked it," he widely grinned, winking at me, "In the mean time, everyone needs to get their butts into this limo, because there's a big party waiting for you, especially you girls..."

~~~~~~

A SPECIAL HOMECOMING

We could see our entire family waiting for us in the front yard the moment we pulled into the driveway of my boyhood home. Mom and Dad, along with Claire, Myra Gayle, Aunt Dot and Uncle Jack, Aunt Trish and Uncle Brian, Lauren, and Sarah's parents, John and Mallory Caine were, each and every one, wearing warm smiles on their faces.

"Holy cow," Sarah grinned, "It looks like the whole Taylor Clan turned out for this one; my Mom and Dad, too."

"Yeah, they did," I happily replied, looking at the twins, "Now you two have a very big family that will love you girls for the rest of your lives."

"Wow," Kerrie excitedly giggled, as she and Karlie looked in wonder at all of the people that were waiting to greet them as soon as the limo came to a stop in front of the house...

~~~~~~

"Oh, how beautiful," Mom happily cried, as she pulled Kerrie and Karlie into her arms, "Welcome to your new home, my angels, we're all so happy that you girls are here."

"Girls, this is your Nana," I told the twins, "And that tall old fella standing next her is your, Papaw. They're my mother and father."

"Who the hell are you callin old, boy?" Dad laughed, "I can still kick your little ass on my worst day, dammit."

"John Thomas Taylor," Mom playfully scolded Dad, "You need to watch your language in front of my grandbabies," then she turned to Kerrie and Karlie and giggled "You girls need to learn right now how to handle the men around here," which elicited playful giggles from the twins.

"He sounds like, Dad," Karlie told Mom, "I guess that's where he gets it from, huh Nana?"

"He certainly does, baby," Mom smiled, wonderfully happy tears raining down her face.

"Girls," Sarah smiled, introducing them to her parents, "These two nice people are your other grandparents, Mee-Maw and Pee-Paw, my mother and father."

"Hello, girls," Mallory softly grinned, with her arms open wide, "It's so nice to meet you, and we hope you like it here."

The twins immediately hugged Mallory and tucked their faces into her shoulders and just silently held her for a minute while the rest of their new family simply looked on smiling. Then after a moment, Karlie looked at Mallory and sweetly told her, "I can see why Mom is so pretty. She looks just like you, Mee-Maw."

"What a sweet thing to say," Mallory sniffled, as she too began to happily weep, "Thank you, baby."

"Hello, girls," John grinned, placing his hands on their shoulders, "I'm so happy to have such beautiful granddaughters. Welcome to our family, sweeties."

"Thank you, Pee-Paw," Karlie sweetly replied, happy tears appearing in the corner of her eyes, "We're very happy to be here. And just so you know, we're so happy that your daughter is our Mom...she's so sweet and pretty."

Of course Mallory began to happy and openly weep, pulling Karlie into her arms again as she told her new granddaughter, "You two are a gift from God, sweetheart, and we promise to always love you for the rest of your little lives."

"And you and Nana are the sweetest and prettiest grandmothers that a girl could ever want, Mee-Maw" Karlie softly told her, "Me and Kerrie are very happy to have you both."

"Bless your little heart," Mallory softly wept, pulling Karlie back into her arms, as she looked at Mom and knowingly said, "I think that we're the lucky ones here. What do you think, Susan?"

"I think you're right, Mal," Mom, too, sniffled.

"She was just telling you the truth," Kerrie told Mallory and Mom, "Because we think that all of the girls in our new family are very pretty."

"Oh, how delightful," Aunt Dot cooed, leaning over toward the twins smiling "Hi, babies! I'm your Nana's sister, your Aunt Dorothy; but you girls can call me just plain old Aunt Dot, like your parents and Aunts do. Oh, and I'm your cousin, Mark's, mother, in case you were wondering."

"And I'm your Aunt Dot's husband, your Uncle Jack," he grinned, dropping to one knee, "Do I get a hug, too?" and of course the girls had no problem with that as both of them hugged him at the same time.

"Mark looks like you, and Papaw, and Daddy," Kerrie giggled, "But Mee-Maw just told us that the men in our family are kinda bratty. You're not like that, are you, Uncle Jack?"

Of course Kerrie's remark elicited a round of raucous laughter from everyone there, Uncle Jack included, making him simply smile and playfully tell her, "Uh, huh, you better watch it, girlie..."

~~~~~~

As opposed to continue standing on the front porch, Mom directed everyone into the house so that Kerrie and Karlie could meet the rest of their new family in a little more comfortable and air-conditioned atmosphere, while I enlisted Mark's help retrieving our luggage from the limo, for which I insisted to pay the driver...

~~~~~~

"I can tell that everyone is really happy about you and Sarah adopting the twins," he smiled, patting me on the shoulder, "And while I've got the chance, I wanted to tell you, Mike, that I'm really very happy for you and Sarah. I can see a real difference in you two ever since the twins became members of our family. How does it feel to be a Dad these days?"

"I'm scared shitless to be honest with you, Cuz," I quietly replied, "I just want to set a good example for my daughters. I mean, between them and Sarah, I don't want to fuck up...I can't."

"Relax, man" he reassured me, "Sarah loves you more than life, and I can tell that the girls practically worship the ground you walk on."

"I hope so," I told him, "I would die before I'd ever let them down."

"I know that," Mark reassuringly smiled, "But it won't ever come to that, okay?"

"Uh, huh," I chuckled, "Let's hope not..."

~~~~~~

My boyhood home had five bedrooms, and because Myra Gayle shared her room with Claire, Mom put the twins in Claire's room while Sarah and I took my room. She had insisted that it be that way regardless. Plus, Claire and Myra Gayle had both moved to Houston and were sharing an apartment, so, neither of them were going to be around that much anyway once college classes re-convened. Besides, I could clearly tell that Mom and Dad were really looking forward to having children in the house again...

~~~~~~

"Hey cuties," Claire sweetly said, as she and Myra Gayle introduced their selves to the twins, "I'm your Dad's younger sister, your Aunt Claire, but you can just call me plain old Claire."

"And I'm your Dad's youngest sister, Myra Gayle," she giggled, placing the palm of her hand of the twin's pretty cheeks, "And the same thing goes for me, too, sweeties."

"Me and Kerrie never had any Aunts or Uncles," Karlie softly told my sister, "So, is it alright if we call you guys Aunt Claire and Aunt Myra, at least for a while anyway?"

"Aw, of course it is," Claire tenderly smiled, pulling them both into her arms, "You can call us whatever you want to, babies, we'll still love you just the same."

"That's right, my little angels," Myra Gayle tenderly replied, also hugging them the moment Claire released them, "We promise to love you both for the rest of your lives.

"Thank you, Aunt Claire, you, too, Aunt Myra," Kerrie softly sniffled, "We promise to love you guys for the rest of your lives, too...

~~~~

Once mine and Sarah's immediate family had met the twins, Aunt Trish, Uncle Brian and Lauren sat down to introduce themselves to Kerrie and Karlie, too.

"I'm your Papaw's and your Uncle Jack's sister, your Aunt Trish," she softly smiled, taking Uncle Brian's hand, "And this is my husband, your Uncle Brian."

"I'm your cousin, Lauren," she affectionately smiled, "Welcome to our family, girls. We're all so glad that you're here. If there's ever anything you need, please don't hesitate to let me know."

"It's nice to meet you," Karlie grinned, "You and Aunt Trish are so pretty, Lauren."

"She's right, Lauren," Kerrie softly added, "We feel very blessed to be members of such a nice family."

"Aw, thank you, baby," Aunt Trish sweetly told her, "And I feel so blessed to have two more beautiful nieces to spoil; but don't let your Dad know that I told you that. He'd have a cow."

"Don't worry about him," Lauren conspiratorially giggled, "Besides, along with you two, we're the youngest members of the family, so I've got your backs, girls..."

~~~~~~

"So tell me, Dad," I asked my father, away from everyone else, "What do you think about your new granddaughters?"

"They're both beautiful is what I think," he warmly smiled, "But you know that being a father comes with alot of responsibility, don't you?"

"Of course I know that" I replied, making absolutely certain that he understood me, "It's just that something really special happened inside of me the moment I saw those two beautiful faces staring up at me. I still don't know what it is, but I know that Sarah and I need them as much as they need us, and Sarah agrees with me wholeheartedly, one hundred percent."

1...56789...12