All Comments on 'Immodest Painters'

by morganj16

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
Only_connectOnly_connectabout 3 years ago

I know it's called an "episode", but less than 900 words? Is that it? More like a fragment. A scenario-ette. It could be made something by intense, poetic, inspired use of language. But that's not the case here.

morganj16morganj16about 3 years agoAuthor

You're exactly right. I don't get to expand on the language for these scenes..

I see that the challenge of the video-script is that everything in the story has to be driven by what you can see. I can't write about how characters feel or their motivations; that has to be shown in the action or something that the camera can focus on. And the action has to come pretty quickly. In my experience, most of the videos produced run like 9-15 minutes. Sometimes, I receive complaints that I have too much preamble in my scenes.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermorganj16@morganj16
I've been writing stories on two other platform that eliminated their stories' sections. And now I'm here. I get it that some readers here would like it if I wrote short-stories instead of video scripts. I don't write a lot of short stories any more but maybe I'll start again ...