All Comments on 'Impregnated by the Giant Insect'

by randydaughterreborn

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
Bi47Bi47about 6 years ago
Wow

Now that was interesting. Excellent writing.

MaZeWMaZeWabout 6 years ago

Scarily fascinating. Definitely well written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Clever

clever, hot and bleak all at the same time

KartusKartusabout 6 years ago
Different

This was different but a great piece of writing, keep up the great work.

TJSkywindTJSkywindabout 6 years ago
Not bad for fantasy horror

Several bits put this strictly in the fantasy category.

First, insect size is limited by their ability to absorb and use oxygen. The larger insects of 300 million years ago were possible because the oxygen content was much higher than today. A larger insect would need to develop lungs to support the larger body; otherwise it would not survive.

An ovipositor is a female sex organ; it's a tube for laying eggs. So, the beetles are hermaphrodites, able to fertilize themselves? Either they are a new arrival (invasive species) or they had a natural predator that kept them in check.

Unless she consumed a huge amount of food during that very short gestation period, the bugs would have left her skin and bones. Other insects that insert eggs into a host do so to provide food for the grubs; the host becomes the meal. And presumably the males were eaten by their beetle "pets." The larger parent beetle, too, would need a lot more mass to feed than what was talked about. But, it's a fantasy...

Presumably as they spread, their presence would be discovered and the bio-warfare would be on. There is a niche market for these type of stories, especially in the hentai anime area.

Of course, their swirls on their backs hint at psychedelic origins, but they aren't true beetles, since they don't have Liverpudlian accents. Not my cup of tea, but thanks for sharing. Slainté

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Hello, I am a comment

Hmm, interesting story. I usually see these things under sci-fi/fantasy or fetish. This is good. This anonymous approves.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Applaudings for your work.

It just made me feel as horny as the protagonist feel after feeling her very first motherhood. Keep your stamina up for the next fetish presentation. I'm waiting.....

echoqueenechoqueenalmost 6 years ago

Love this story so much

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Sequel Please!!!

Please continue this in order to see a giant hive filled with the girls, bugs and offspring all over the place!!!

zededd2000zededd200012 months ago

Well, I wonder what happened to the males?

I'm hoping it's something that benefits the hive (something like some kind of harvesting of genes) but it would be interesting to see what these adorable black 'n red beasties get up to.

I agree with TJSkywind regarding the biology of it all, and possibly even urge you to mention settling a new planet or the such, just to explain away the nerd-questions haha

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Please please write more! Maybe a group impregnating scene?

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Very interesting.

DiogenhcDiogenhcabout 2 months ago

I found this while searching for another story called Bug House, by Lisa Tuttle, which was anthologied in the Hot Blood books, and elsewhere. That one is based on a similar idea of a woman "impregnated" by some sort of insect, but it is very different.

Anyway, this one is good as far as it goes, but could be better with a rewrite. The action would make more sense if it were extended over a period of months. The biology is a bit strained - this insect seems to be a female- but that's a minor quibble.

I also wonder what happened to the men. I'm sure it was something horrific.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userrandydaughterreborn@randydaughterreborn
1220 Followers
(RETIRED FROM WRITING AS OF MAY 2018) Australian author. Early 30s. Feminist. Not single, so don't hit on me. But please do tell me if you enjoyed my stories, or not - I am open to *constructive* criticism. I try to have realistic characters in my stories - well, as realisti...