In Between The Fray

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Lan... you can't blame yourself. The hardest part of life is when you lose what you're used to winning. Failing doesn't mean you didn't do something hard enough."

"I wish... those people felt the same when they were found later. Blamed the bleeding arm Marine..."

"I'll never know what that's like. But it doesn't make you a bad person..."

Pecking my lips, he moved to the edge of the bed, slipping out of me carefully. "Thank you... for thinking I'm as good as you make me out to be."

Touching my forehead to his, Landon carried me to our bathroom and I squirmed to get out of his grip. More chuckles between us, we showered and made small talk, not needing a lot of words to know we loved each other. Cleaned up and bed fixed, we made our way downstairs to sit in the kitchen. Making coffee, I looked back to see Landon touching everything, just to make sure he wasn't dreaming. Hearing a sudden pop noise from outside, he shifted from okay to paranoid.

I admit it scared me... but I've never been at war, having to shoot for my life. Doing my best to calm him down, Landon snapped back... and teared up a bit. The word sorry left his mouth but I gently tapped it.

"Don't be baby... We're gonna be okay."

Sniffling, he held me close, speaking just as low. "I hope so Scotty..."

We were a bit tense, him looking around ever so often... But I took his hand, assuring him it was just us and no one would get hurt. There was coffee, a little more upset, some snacks he missed, and introducing him to Reese's Pieces. On top of coffee, there was Dr. Pepper and more kissing. The rest of our night was on the couch, with old reruns, new TV, a little more sex, and just each other... Anything for a moment with him.

A thunk woke me up bright and early. Stupid paperboy got the window and not the door... Worth it as I looked down, Landon asleep against my chest and holding me. Resting my head on his, I hummed a tune and dragged my thumb over his hair. Knowing he was real and not a dream is likely what got me to sleep again. Making the look of seeing him when I woke up that much better...

He's home.

12