All Comments on 'In-laws from the Planet Stupid'

by moreandmore

Sort by:
  • 84 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Stupid people.

This just proves that some of the most highly educated people are completely brain dead. 'Stupid is as stupid does.'

johntcookseyjohntcookseyalmost 6 years ago
Complicated bit of revenge

What a great “oh shit!” moment for Julianne. I enjoyed this. Felt bad for poor Anastasia. Well constructed plot for such a quick story. Thanks *****

Old_biker_dudeOld_biker_dudealmost 6 years ago
Great story

Easy to give this one a 5*

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 6 years ago
Nice

No matter the category this was as good a consequences tale as any. Stupidity abounds.

Five Stars

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Unlikely

but very entertaining!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Entertaining, for sure!

Tiger27Tiger27over 5 years ago
Say what?

What the hell did Lonnie do to get such attention from Elaine and Julianne?

Why try bust up their marriage?

Other than that, great story.

ValintValintover 5 years ago
Why?

The obvious explanation as to why the in-laws pulled this would be as a baby step to them suggesting a real affair to her. The answer to "If they thought this would work, why didn't they do it themselves" might be "Who says they didn't?"

The wife never actually claimed to have an affair; she just went away for the weekend and told her husband not to wait up for her. It's entirely possible that that's how *they* started as well, and either the husbands were oblivious or the wives weren't so blatant (e.g., gave a cover story about visiting friends).

Doesn't make a lot of sense if the mother *wasn't* actually cheating... but maybe she was.

I'll admit to getting irritated at magical polygraphs in LW stories. In reality, there's a reason why we don't actually use those things in court; they're pretty close to junk science. If we had a magical "I can prove I'm telling the truth" box, you can assume we'd be using it quite a lot.

I think I'm going to believe that the mother is just good enough to beat the polygraph, and left her poor other daughter out in the cold to save her own skin.

... the alternate explanation is that they got the idea from some women's magazine and missed a few nuances. It wasn't so much "Make your husband think you're having an affair, and he'll try to win you back!" as "Is your husband taking you for granted? Go away for a weekend, and he'll realize how much he misses you and shower you with love when you come back!", and they screwed it up.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Yeah

a fun little yarn. Very appropriate revenge. Having said that, I don't think her family is smart enough to supply half the gene pool for his kids.

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 5 years ago
Original

Good originality. Quite entertaining.

waifwaifover 5 years ago
A Fresh Take

Lit stories usually follow a set formula. That is not meant as an insult. It is very difficult to have an original idea when you have thousands of other authors writing on the same subject. I really enjoyed this tale and plan to read more of your work.

Thank you, and well done.

5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

I missed the part of the story where Anastasia explained to her husband exactly what was missing in her life that led her to take this chance. I think that there has to be some underlying dissatisfaction with her life for Anastasia to try something like this.

Or, failing that, just what words did the women use to convince her that she had something to gain here.

Even if he went along with it, why did she want to make so fundamental a change in the dynamics of their relationship. He would spoil her? How valuable to her are the attentions of a man that she would no longer respect?

Disrespect - Spoiling done from because of his fear not his love

Being with a partner whose actions are based upon him having been fooled by his wife

I really would like to hear her explanation to him

PowersworderPowersworderover 5 years ago

A very different and interesting story, well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Original and well done

Plus a great title.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 5 years ago
Excellent and Clever Story

Not sure what evil mother in law wanted to accomplish - not sure why she would want to break up the couple. I guess she really didn't like her daughter's hubby. The revenge was really done well. Ironic that he met his wife at the sister's wedding.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Well written, entertaining story

This was both original and cleverly written. I'm not sure any man has the balls to disappear like he did. Did she deserve it? Probably. Was it smart? Not if he loved his wife and wanted their marriage to survive. But in the long run he got what he wanted from all involved. Although I don't think he could have anticipated the fact that Julianne was cheating on her husband and that his actions would cause her divorce. If Anastasia was planning a divorce because she had someone else that she loved, disappearing plays right into her hands. She never contacts him and by the time he gets back, his things are packed, sitting in the garage and he's being divorced. His abandonment of the marriage won't play well in Court, in front of a Judge. So he definitely gambled when he went the PI, no contact route. There were actually lots of possibilities for this story. Thanks for the effort.

sdc97230sdc97230over 5 years ago
Disappearing for a week or two is not abandonment to a court

The standard in most states is a year. He wasn't even gone long enough to miss a bill payment.

Plus, at the time he left he seemed pretty comfortable with the idea of his marriage ending.

jharpjharpover 5 years ago

Oh my God! This was EPIC!!! I love these Husbands you write! These guys have spines and don't take blatant disrespect. Well done! I couldn't favorite this story fast enough! 5 stars indeed!!!

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonover 5 years ago
Second reading, still great...

Very enjoyable story, excellently written.

It's good to have money, right? If he hadn't had the financial resources to "bug" the house and have a PI shadowing his wife... would he have believed her story? The kind of coverage the husband contracted for had to run, what, $10k, give or take? So what happens if he couldn't afford it or didn't think to do it?

Could a husband believe her - without proof, mind you - let it go and still trust her? I don't think so, especially if she stuck to that stupid, "I can't tell you" plan she and her family came up with. I've seen a couple of stories along those lines here on Lit, different scenarios though.

Well done. Thanks for posting.

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 5 years ago
Title says it

Never said what the one number was. ?

Revenge matched crime

Good story

Keep writing stories like this and I will keep reading

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
LMFAO

Had a good time reading this, glad to see almost all positive comments. One question: You weren't really saying that Maryann was plain? I'd take her over Ginger anytime, anywhere. On the same note, Bailey Quarters (Jan Smithers) over Jennifer Marlowe (Loni Anderson) on WKRP. Signed: BTW

StormKing33StormKing33over 4 years ago
5* Unique, not the usual LW tired cliche

Well done!!! Nice twist.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Fucking A1!

He really got his conniving in-laws back.

GymShortsGymShortsover 4 years ago
Excellent Story

But have to disagree with you on one thing. This is a perfect story to be a LW . Enough sex in it and it's a real good look at a what loving wife should be. Except listening to her Mother.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
What an Excellent Story

And so well developed! A really fun read. 5*s. Julianne was in too vulnerable a position to give her stupid advice to her sister but what made her mother join in?! The title says it all!

Grimjack01Grimjack01about 4 years ago
Excellent story development

Your stories are very well thought out and most are finished. This one really hit the mark.

NitpicNitpicalmost 4 years ago
Like

Like it,nice to see two opinionated women bite of more than they can chew.

tazz317tazz317over 3 years ago
O THE GAMES PEOPLE PLAY

in the nights and days to speak their piece about life and family. TK U MLJ LV NV

lee5456lee5456over 3 years ago
aha I figured out the problem

Their family tree did not fork

fritz51fritz51over 3 years ago
This One Is A Gem

What a fabulous, original story idea. Just one of the submissions from this author that makes M&M one of my favorite authors.

Please, please, keep 'em coming M&M. *****

fritz51

jimjam69jimjam69over 3 years ago

Really good story.

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Quite

Quite a good story.Always like to see interfering busy bodies put in their place.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
5 stars

If you knew how rare that 5 was you would be dancing. Bravo!

ProfesseurXProfesseurXabout 3 years ago

I have said it before but you have brought some creativity to this loving wives topic. I don't like all of them stories but I intend to read them all.

Once again thank you for posting.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapualmost 3 years ago

That was a great story.

Now THAT IS a LOVING WIFE story.

/

Thanks moreandmore.

Hoping for more and more stories like this good.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Well done. Not sure why it went into non-erotic instead of LW, considering that there WAS sex and a cheating wife.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Excellent 5*****. I had the very good luck to be as close to my in-laws as to my own parents. But I can well imagine the hell a domineering mother-in-law could bring to a marriage.

Diecast1Diecast1almost 3 years ago

A really lovely story. Never let the relatives get involved in your marriage. A mistake waiting to happen.

AAAAA+++++

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wanted to score this a 5, but for some reason the scoring is disabled??

s2520rf2s2520rf2over 2 years ago

ALL ICAN SAY IS BRILLIANT!

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartover 2 years ago

No ability to score for some reason but this is definitely a 5 star story. An interesting twist on the cheating wife trope and a pretty happy ending once the truth came out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You should turn scoring on, this would be an easy 5 stars. Well done, thanks for posting.

DGHear2DGHear2over 2 years ago

Well done

DG Hear

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I wish you'd have turned comments on. This one is a 5*

goodshoes2goodshoes2over 2 years ago

5 stars and damn funny. Well written.

NitpicNitpicover 2 years ago
Decent

Decent story,pleased he gave the silly woman a chance.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Ok….but. Going thru the whole polygraph exercise wasn’t necessary. Because he had his house bugged, he SAW and HEARD the conversations between the 3 women about the stupid scheme they pulled. Ergo: he KNEW no cheating by wife ever happened.

.

3 ***. But was this story not scorable?

other2other1other2other1about 2 years ago

I really enjoyed this one, she was a true loving wife that almost got drawn done the wrong path but a silly mother and a slut sister.

Really well written and had me laughing until the end

Well Done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A great story but he sure went the long way about things to prove she was truthful

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Sort of maybe perhaps

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Outstanding!

As I'm writing this comment, I realize that I still have a smile on my face.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Thankyou.

Omart57Omart57almost 2 years ago

My third time through this one, still love it! Great story, Thanks, M&M!

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 2 years ago

The thinking of some people is really next to insanity. Trying to make someone jealous on purpose? Crazy thinking. Men get hung up on women no matter their age. teens thru menopause and sometimes beyond. You here it on the news every once in awhile a man kills his children or wife or both then kills himself. He can't stand the emotional trauma of losing his family by divorce or whatever. This may sound insane but we are all subject to emotion turmoil when faced with things we have never faced before. It has been proven we all have mental problems to some extent. What I'm saying is trying to make someone jealous is like playing with dynamite, you don't know what might set it off. We are all just a little bit crazy. Good story of what not do in a marriage especially. 5 stars

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 2 years ago

just a little add to my comments: There is no such thing as a 'practical' joke. Someone always gets hurt or embarrassed.

SeafoamzoneSeafoamzonealmost 2 years ago

Really good, very original

amygdalaamygdalaover 1 year ago

Why no rating for this one?

TrambakTrambakover 1 year ago

Good story. A bit over the top but quite a killer. Practical jokes can be a deal breaker.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

Great, really stupid plan but his plan was brilliant.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

thanks for a really great read. wish you would have allowed us to grade. would have been a 5+ if available

UpperNorthLeftUpperNorthLeftover 1 year ago

5 stars — well done!

I only wish that polygraphs were as reliable in real life as they seem to be on Literotica. :)

s2520rf2s2520rf2over 1 year ago

I liked this story quite a lot keep up the good work

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Excellent. Well written, intelligent, ingenious and original

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Very good. God what stupid bitches, this is why female led marriages are not a good idea

ReadyOneReadyOneabout 1 year ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Seems voting is turned off. Great story!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

5* for this MC and how he dealt with his wife's weekend away

chytownchytown9 months ago

*****God read with sweet revenge. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

There is so much hilarity to be had with the terminally stupid. This was typically excellent stuff from this fine author,

LanmandragonLanmandragon8 months ago

A really intelligent and amusing story, many thanks! 5 Stars here, even if they are not offered.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Moreandmore is a smart writer. He knew he had to make the couple almost newlyweds, because if they had been married over thirty years, hubby’s reaction would have been completely different if his wife disappeared for a few days! 🤣🤣

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

MC went to war but didn’t go scorched earth . He took reasonable steps, drastic enough to get their full attention but any direct action against the in-laws is all upon themselves

Madeira1076Madeira10765 months ago

I would give it 5 stars.

Her leaving for a weekend when they already have a good sex life was a bit weird but I think they call this fiction ;)

DoNotPassGoDoNotPassGo4 months ago

Damn. This is the umpteenth time I've read this story, and it never fails to make me chuckle. Too bad I can't give it the proper rating it deserves, which is *****.

gprevgprev3 months ago

One of the better stories.

xhunter4uxhunter4u3 months ago

I would have given this 5 stars but that option wasn't available. Good story even if the premise is really out there.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

excellent

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 hours ago

Unlike most on this site, More's stuff is only moderately over-the-top. He's getting better at injecting emotion and evocation into his writing. That avoids having the emotion you write being solely derived from hyperbolic dialogue, actions, etc. The best example of this, of course, is the ubiquitous and wholly unrealistic "Honey, I'm going on a date to have sex with another man" stories. Like injections of sugar, caffeine, and stimulants, that writing results in a high, followed by a resounding crash. Check out some of More's newer works (early 2024, on).

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermoreandmore@moreandmore
2308 Followers
A day without sex is like, um, just kidding. I have no idea. I am judged by what I've done and haunted by what I didn't do. I write stories in an attempt to entertain. If it evokes hate filled or non-constructive comments then I smile while I delete them. I won’t have you...

story TAGS