All Comments on 'In Love with a Superstar Ch. 03'

by Androgynousother

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
ag2507ag2507almost 6 years ago
Back stories!

There is a trick to back stories: they are very difficult to do right, in fact many well respected authors don't, as they seriously interfere with the pace and momentum of the plot. Please reconsider the format of Elizabeth's undoing: it needs paring down and in using that device you are undoing some verisimilitude. You could have used the inevitable post recovery police interviews and better, up the dialogue when recovering at home to patch in the information about Elizabeth and the snippet about the photographer could be press sleuthing. You left us with a picture of Cathy's home life as Victorian repressed rather than her having to negotiate what would be an emotional soup that would have let you work in Elizabeth's backstory as forward moving dialogue. Even if dad was distant her mother certainly wouldn't have been as Cathy tried to make sense of the previous trauma.

Connar1Connar1almost 6 years ago
Another fantastic piece of work

From Androgynousother, yes your usual typos were there but they disappeared into the drama and real nitty gritty of your splendid characters and their interplay - I get the feeling that in the end you were trying to get us to feel sorry for Elizabeth, despite how nasty you made her?

Thanks again for all of you hard work!

cliqueggecliqueggealmost 6 years ago
A superb Story

I really like your writing. Your attention to detail is great and very entertaining.

Much like the previous comment I did not feel the "How Elisabeth Did It" segment was required - in fact I only partially read it.

It is a minor point but one I felt I needed to make.

Thank you for a great story once again

The_PedantThe_Pedantalmost 6 years ago
Good

It seemed a touch padded out, but overall was a good 'un.

Cracker270Cracker270almost 6 years ago
So Glad

to see this story is finished. Now I can read it in one setting. Really love your stories but hate "to be continued"

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Pretty damn awesome

Great romance and melodrama, but that review! Really well done, and the final 'Singing in the Rain' number was perfection. I saw it first run as a kid at a drive-in movie theater in my pyjamas and it has remained a favorite during the 60 some-odd years since. Bravo! Great characters, too.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Loved It

I have enjoyed your stories and this topped them all. Interesting characters, great story and some suspense - couldn't ask for more. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Great!

This is the first story I have read of yours. It was really good and had me on the edge waiting to see what happened. I will be reading more of your stories now.

Thanks

Jackie

blackdragon54blackdragon54almost 6 years ago
one of the best i've read in a while

great story, if you ever want to publish i'd start with this one. great work!

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 6 years ago
I was really liking this until,

you spent a page explaining the plot. I understood it well enough from the confrontation and needed no explanation of nuances of the plot. It pretty much was apparent as I read and was going great. The in depth explanation of every move was painful and not needed. You are an excellent writer and I will look for everything you post.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Great story!

But ........., thought the rather lengthy explanation of why and how everything happened after the fact was really a little too much. For me it ended up detracting from the flow of the story rather than enhancing. Just one opinion.

arzurimaidenarzurimaidenalmost 6 years ago

I don't know why there's a need for Elisabeth's pov. She's in half the story and this is no longer about Sarah & Bruce anymore. Agree with other comments that it is interrupting the flow and derail the focus. I obviously like your work enough to follow your profile but this is not the best one. I would rather read about how they will help Cathy overcome her trauma as family and rebuilding all the relationships.

teedeedubteedeedubalmost 6 years ago
I don't know

why I liked this story so much. Life can just get so fucking complicated, and if your patient, it may straighten out. Or, if you miss the wire, they send in the clowns.....

SraulersSraulersover 4 years ago
Great story

Greatly enjoyed the story. Mostly didn’t read the Martin/Elizabeth backstory as it was just delaying the great ending without adding much of anything. We already knew she was a psycho and Martin a self-serving SOB... no in-depth character development was really required at that point.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Very Good Story

Well written and very entertaining. But. I have to agree with several other comments, the play-by-play of the ‘devious plan’ from the demented mind of Elizabeth was tedious and, in my opinion, completely superfluous. I thought enough clues were thrown out in the course of the story that any reader who was paying attention already knew pretty much who did what. But still a very nice story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Disappointing third part

The third part can't keep up with the good first two parts. The sub-plots about Elisabeth and the school performance are way too long and hard to read. The story could easily take a shortening to 2-3 pages. And I felt it unrealistic that Bruce stays away from Sarah after the assault.

Karl

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Wow. Story was outstanding. Text was well written and I hated having to stop reading to do things like eating and sleeping.

Strongside1Strongside111 months ago

Thank you for this great story. Loved. Laughed. Cried.

NavypilotNavypilot5 months ago

I love the way you write and the way you develop your characters. clearly there is a lot of thought and planning in your work. your knowledge of Shakespeare, of teaching and of musicals adds depth and believability. well done

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAndrogynousother@Androgynousother
Let's not kid ourselves, I write long stories with happy endings - whatever section they're uploaded to, and my characters tend to drink tea and eat bacon and egg sandwiches, might as well tell you now. If you don't like my characters or what they do, please remember they are...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories