In Other Words

Story Info
750 words to end a marriage.
787 words
4.21
52.8k
62
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Regguy69
Regguy69
1,096 Followers

This is my attempt at a 750 Word Project 2023 story. The story's subject is the old LW stand-by "We need to talk." I hope it is of some entertainment.

*

I sat on the park bench watching the ducks moving across the water. Tears leaked from my eyes and I used the sleeve of my shirt to blot them away. I patted Max's head as I finished confirming my plans with my brother.

As my tears dried my heart hardened. My wife of seven years had destroyed my world. It took her only a few moments, but far too many words. I was completely blindsided by her approach. When I say her announcement shocked me, I don't mean I was surprised, I mean her words electrocuted me, and knocked me on my ass!

The day had started like any other Saturday. The dog was at the back door barking his "I gotta pee" bark and Amy just groaned and said, "Your dog needs to go out."

I groaned and asked, "How come he's only MY dog when he needs to get fed or go out?" I got no reply, so I drug my sorry ass out of bed and padded into the bathroom. I peed (the dog could wait, his bladder control was better than mine), slipped on my shorts and docksiders, and crept out of the bedroom.

Max and I went for a long walk and he sniffed every tree, bush, mailbox, and fire hydrant we passed. He also peed on most of them, but not all. I often wonder why some are spared and others are not. Oh well, must be a dog thing.

When we got home nearly an hour later, Amy was sitting at the kitchen table, holding a large mug of coffee. I dumped some food in Max's bowl and grabbed a cup of coffee before joining Amy at the table.

I looked at my wife, still dressed in the extra long, thread-bare, Rolling Stones tee shirt she wore as a nightgown. Her hair was a mess in a sexy bedhead kind of way. Even after seven years, just looking at her gave me a little spark of excitement. If I was being totally impartial, I'd have to admit she is not beautiful in the classic sense, but I just adored everything about her.

She looked up and caught me examining her. She smiled and then the smile faded and she took on a very serious look. "Dan, we need to talk."

For half a moment, the words didn't register. Then, how they were spoken left no doubt that I would not enjoy this conversation. Cautiously, head tilted to the side, I asked, "is there something wrong? Did I do something?"

Her eyes found mine and this time I saw a little fear, some reservation, determination, and, lastly, pity. - Oh shit, this is really going to be bad, what the fuck did I do?

"Dan, you know I love you. I've loved you since our first date nine years ago. I gave you my virginity and you've been a wonderful lover and husband. I'm looking forward to having your children and spending our life together as we grow old together. ... But..."

"But?"

"I have read about what causes marriages to fail and I want to minimize the possibility of something bad happening to us. I think if we are proactive, we can forestall some of the common pitfalls that lead to failure in our marriage."

"Yeah, I can tell you've been reading some new-age mumbo-jumbo, now tell me what the hell you're talking about!"

She huffed, "Dan! I'm serious! I'm worried we might slip into some of the classic traps of marriage and parenthood that result in us growing apart and, eventually ending our relationship."

"Okay, okay! So what proactive actions are you suggesting? Do we need to see a counselor or a guide of some kind? "

"No, we need a sabbatical from our marriage while we both explore our interpersonal and sexual natures. We need to experience other places and people so that when we reunite, we will have a much broader base of understanding and life experiences to support our relationship."

I shook my head, "In other words, you want to fuck the new sociology professor at work, and you and he came up with this horseshit to try to get my acceptance!"

I stood and walked toward my bedroom. "I'll pack my truck and leave. I'll call a lawyer on Monday, I suggest you do the same."

I gazed around the pond once more, then I patted Max's head, "Okay boy, enough blubbering, my nephews will be glad to see you again."

Regguy69
Regguy69
1,096 Followers