All Comments on 'In The Death Cell Ch. 01'

by IABH

Sort by:
  • 202 Comments (Page 2)
iameaseliameaselalmost 3 years ago

Well written, sadly like others it will clearly go RAAC and that, sadly will ruin what would have been a really good story.

Carrie cries a good "Im sorry" but honestly with everything you threw in, between hitting her, her sob story, Jimmy being upset, you WILL put them together. And, since much of this had a realistic feel to it, no one would take back anyone who did exactly what happened here. Except a very weak human. Some may care to tell me how wrong I am but I had a child, my ex wasnt this bad and even for his sake I wouldnt touch her dumb ass again for all the money in the world. So yes, I speak from experience. Jimmy will live, Carrie will live and if its RAAC Jim will be the only loser here.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreealmost 3 years ago

Nice.

A very good start to a story.

A logical and realistic plot, well served.

Top ratings from me.

LitboyblueLitboybluealmost 3 years ago

She's always a woman, he need to find a woman from Jim's classmates. Same age, divorced. Best thing trading up with sexy older woman. LBB

Rob5373Rob5373almost 3 years ago

Good start. He has a dilemma and a hard one. We’ll see where it goes.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I nearly skipped this story, I'm glad now that I didn't. Looking forward to more - thank you! 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

cordialddcordialddalmost 3 years ago

Nicely done; our hero's emotions are covered well. I hope you have the next part outlined or written already because you have much to offer us and I'd much rather read your plot with your voice than a measured response to the comments. If folks want every story to end the same way they could keep rereading one they prefer.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 3 years ago

Etchiboy probably led the way for misunderstanding all of this. The author has set up a situation in which Jim thinks he hates Carrie, even though he admits to himself that somewhere, deep down, he loves her. Thing is, he unreservedly loves his son, and while he’s trying to resist, he loves the daughter as well.

This is the George Anderson conundrum from February: no matter how pissed off he is at his wife, he had to stay for the kids.

I thought the author did an excellent job doing something rarely accomplished here: he genuinely communicated Jim’s love for his son. I could feel that when he was reduced to watching Jimmy play through the window, not able to go out and talk to him.

Jimmy’s like any kid his age: he wants his parents back together. Kids that age don’t really understand what kind of pain adultery can cause; they just know that they are hurting because their parents split up.

Forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespassed against us. In the end, Jim and Carrie have to get back together. It won’t be easy, but that’s the only way this story makes sense.

clarkgarbleclarkgarblealmost 3 years ago

Very good so far. You seem to be telegraphing a reconciliation in future chapters but her explanation doesn’t justify it, at least not at this point. Her argument about “having” to be with what she thought was the father of her child somehow didn’t apply to the father of her actual child. Why not? To my way of thinking that line alone would be the final nail in her coffin. Combine that with her sadistic efforts to prevent him from seeing his son and the relationship seems emphatically irredeemable. Can you credibly write a happy ending after all that? Perhaps we will see!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

So, what kind of person is that stupid, that selfish, that poor of a judge of people, that dishonest, that unethical and immoral, and that cruel? Is that a person you want to hire, work for, go into business with? Is that a person you would want for a parent, a sibling, a business partner? Is that a person you even want for an acquaintance, a next door neighbor? But this is the person he chose to be his wife? The woman he supposedly dated, courted, evaluated, analyzed, became a dear and intimate friends with, for years? Reread the first sentence. Nothing in the story indicates some sudden inexplicable change in Carrie's character or personality. The woman who completely and totally fucked him over, betrayed and humiliated him, who abandoned him and took away his son, that's the person he thought he had a perfect marriage with?

Right. He just came home one day and discovered that he somehow had married not a human being, but a monster. But its not his fault. Women are supposed to have some kind of whore meter on their foreheads, and when they start fucking around your supposed to just look at them and tell?

You don't need a meter, you can just look at them and tell. OK, sometimes you have to actually interact with them, even date them. But a worthless whore like Carrie is about as hard to discern as a 30-year old pedophile playing in the kiddie pool. Maybe its the erection seen through their swimming trunks, or the way they keep darting their eyes around to see if any adult is watching.

So this clueless semi-functioning husband got what Darwin says he deserves. His 10-year old son is spending every Saturday morning with a baby sitter while his wife is getting strange cock, and this involved deeply committed husband doesn't even ask what his wife and son did that Saturday while he was at work? Or accepts some bullshit alibi without even questioning the awkward excuses the wife must have had to make up. He didn't even know how much money was being spent every week on a baby sitter, or why his wife never wanted to fuck on Saturday nights when he worked on Saturdays?

Its a great idea for a plot. I just wish you had the wit and imagination to execute it with believable characters and dialogue and behaviors. She called her fucking around a fling. Any woman who thinks adultery is a fling probably has a few other telltale character flaws that would at least inspire a deeper and longer look before committing to marriage.

Most marriages fail because they were based on emotions and dreams instead of realistic and honest knowledge of the intended spouse. This dumb shit got what he settled for, maybe even enabled. Who's fault is that?

Thanks for the effort. I will wait to rate the completed work. So far you're struggling to get above a 3.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Can't rate this yet. A 3 at minimum for story telling and few errors in grammar and spelling. Chapter 2 will see if Chapter 1 sets it up well.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This is a well thought out story rather than the 99% other crap that I read in this genre. Okay, maybe 80%. At this point, I don’t know where this will go, even if I suspect. Anyway, thanks to the author for the depth and originality.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I can’t see him taking her back, waiting for the next chapter. How can you ever forgive her cheating now with two kids to raise .what a shit. Be damed

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I'm torn. I normally prefer reconciliation stories, however what she did was too much to come back from. And her explanation at the end as to why, just felt robotic. Didn't feel much remorse or how sorry she was.

Rolando1225Rolando1225almost 3 years ago
Interesting Story

I believe Jim is right when he says she got involved with Greg because she wanted to trade up. A woman doesn't seriously call the same husband she loves so much a derogatory term like grease monkey unless she feels ashamed of him. At that time, she was already cheating on him with Greg because he's a lawyer, had more money than Jim, and what she considered a higher social stand. Afterwards, when her new live didn't turn out the way she expected, and Greg turned out to be an abuser, she had buyer's remorse especially after the baby turned out to be Jim's, then she wanted a second chance. Just because she carried Jim's child instead of Greg's doesn't entitle her for a second chance to cheat on him again. Like others, I sense a RAAC at the end since everybody is pushing Jim for that, but the story belongs to IABH and only the author knows the end.

calgarycamperscalgarycampersalmost 3 years ago

To the BTB crowd, give it a rest! So you got burned. In the real world, either can happen.

Being a hard ass is probably part of the reason so many BTB are so dead set on RAAC and may be the reason they lost her in the first place.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 3 years ago

Damned hard to write a good reconciliation story. I hope I catch the end of this one. May miss it because I refuse to favorite a writer who writes incest stories.

chytownchytownalmost 3 years ago

*****Great storyline with some feeling in it. Very deep subject and well written. Looking forward to next parts. Thanks for sharing.

SystemShockSystemShockalmost 3 years ago

Anyone else smell that? Something that rank, it's gotta be RAAC. Nice that the MC is sticking to his guns, but with the kid and everyone else around him on the bandwagon, he's going to fold like a cheap lawn chair. Because if he doesn’t, he becomes the new villain of the story. Y'know, even though he's done absolutely nothing wrong.

The only question is whether the ex will actually have to work for it and earn what she wants, or will the magic pussy wand win the day for her? Because I can already see this being one of those stories where the wronged party ends up having to do all the heavy lifting, make all the compromises and jump through all the hoops just so a cheater can have a second chance they don't deserve.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

Please Continue...

Decent tale. How stupid can you be? Telling him all the details only made it worse. How can he trust her? I guess we'll see...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

He needs to fuck at least 5 other women, ideally with her knowledge before he even considers reconciling with her. Then one or two after they get back together. This is the only acceptable RAAC.

mattenwmattenwalmost 3 years ago

This is a well-told story, as it should be. A continuation is not necessary. Everything is said and done.

Unless you're thinking of cuckolding and the like. But that would only ruin the good story, and it wouldn't be realistic! Even for the well-being of the children, a separate life is still better than if they had to live in a family in which one partner hates the other!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Why will it be RAAC? Didn't even try in the author's previous effort and that one was a definite possibility. I don't see this as a strong story. The wife was too stupid. Both with the affair and the fact that she could not suspect that her husband was the father when she ran off. This guy is clueless. How did he not know of his wife's Saturday morning escapades. Don't they talk How the hell could she get a restraining order and full custody of their son. Do you just ring up your friendly judge and ask him and he does it. How come divorce can happen so quickly, especially if it is contested, Why would her parents support her until she is beaten and then pressure the MC to forgive and forget. I can't see how the author can do a RAAC properly because he is struggling with dialogue and thus the ability for the two to fully discuss the issues and future.

There really should be no problem. Raac should be out of the question. As a minimum the MC should get shared custody and then they both move on. Happens all the time. This is the real reality.

kencorokencoroalmost 3 years ago

I'm with SystemShock here.

Lots of promising 1st chapter ended with unearned reconciliation.

StoneyWebb's 'Respect' series for example. The wronged party did most of the work while the cheater sit around doing as little as they can.

Or a multi-chapter story ended with a one paragraph divorce, because the author got too far into 'punishing' the wronged party that they don't know how to recover from that without being accused of writing RAAC.

--

The biggest problem with most story is how much suffering the wronged party went through and how much offense the cheater piled on.

In this story, the cheater cheats, belittles her husband, got a restraining order against her ex to prevent him from being around his son, named her newborn child without her father participation (suspected ploy to gain his mother's support), got help from everyone around her to pile the pressure to reconcile on their ex, and then delivers a half-assed apology.

We even shown her father slapping his former son-in-law, while nothing of sort is shown done towards his cheating daughter.

-

What about the wronged husband? He physically retaliated twice on her asshole lover and got the restraining order but landed an erectile dysfunction spell on the asshole. Fortunately he have people on his side when claiming his ex-wife is trading up. But when the cheater's gave birth, found out the child that he already hates is his all along.

-

What I'm saying here is, there was too much done by the cheater and to the wronged husband for them to reconcile. And the cheater needs to pay a lot or goes through a lot to deserve a reconciliation.

--

So the challenge is, how do the author overcome this extremely one sided situation and write the ending that they prefer. So I'll be waiting for the next chapter to be convinced of the outcome.

kencorokencoroalmost 3 years ago

RAAC vs BTB

To cordialdd, If a cheater got their undeserved reconciliation, wouldn't that be a "story that ends the same way" anyway? Readers in LW encounter that trope so much that we have the term RAAC, 'Reconciliation At ALL Cost'.

So the usual counter to that trope is the other end of the spectrum, revenge or BTB, Burn the Bitch/Bastard.

Divorce or permanent separation is NOT BTB. There have to be revenge aspect for it to be BTB.

At least with BtB, we get to see how creative the author is in writing the revenge process.

With RAAC, all we got is the usual psychobabble or intervention/counselling dialogues. There's also the usual argument of 'for the kids', 'it's just once', or 'still love each other' bullshit which is being peddled by ReedRichards.

-

As readers, we should expect more than the frequently submitted RAAC story and also BTB.

If it's a reconciliation, are the cheater going to earn it themselves or is someone else going to do their job for them.

Can the author write a convincing story that will lead them to that end?

If it's a permanent separation, are the cheater getting what they deserved? Will the wronged party get to move on properly?

Or are we getting the amicable separation, even after what the cheater did and what the husband had gone through.

-

Hating RAAC didn't mean that we only want BTB. We just want an ending that fits the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This poor piece of shit is going to let his anger and hate kill him.

nixroxnixroxalmost 3 years ago

1 star.

What a great way to make the victim suffer even more, by treating him like an asshole for NOT taking his slut ex-wife back. A RAAC is not an option for a planned and protracted long term affair.

The next chapter of this story needs the following to be added:

Where were all these people, when she was acting like the slut wife? Where were they, when the asshole lover was beating on the boy and ex-wife? The husband needs to hold all these people accountable for their complacency from the start of her affair. They all knew one way or another and said or did nothing to intervene.

She needs to be shunned by all these people (for at least a year or two), as penance for her stupidity. The ex-wife needs to be held accountable for her actions. Then and only then, this story might be worthy of a 5 rating.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Well of course wimpy ReedRichards thinks he should stay for the children and forgive those that trespass against him. Nice catchy Biblical quote. Maybe you should look into becoming a priest. News for you Dick. I destroy those that trespass against me especially when it's a bitch wife like this and her asshole lover. But yeah you going ahead and continue kissing your wife's ass as she screws around and humiliates you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I doubt she'd be worried with reconciling if her lover had turned out to be a great husband. He started slapping her around so now she wants a do-over. She's already PROVEN she wants a wealthy man for a husband, so she's just looking for someone to take care of her while she starts searching for a new rich boyfriend.

I have a feeling this author will reconcile them. I'm giving a 5 for this part of the story, but if they get back together, the second score will be much lower. Good story, nice writing, thanks for posting.

HighpikeHighpikealmost 3 years ago

Reserving judgment and score until next chapter. Good writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I know how this story's going to play out and the shit hasn't even been finished the story is extremely well written and I love that but the writings on the wall and your gonna turn him into a loser who will take back a cheater.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

"To my eternal shame, I bought into his bullshit and let him seduce me." Yeah she's living in the medieval age and Greg was this big bad wolf that "seduced" the innocent belle, her only fault was that she just couldn't stop him. My my how totally believable that sounds! You can't really blame her, can we?

And now that we've learnt that the baby was her husband's why should we give a damn about the betrayed husband? The husband should suck it up like a "real man", forgo his self-respect and take care of his wife and kids. After all that's why a man sent to this earth, right? His personal happiness shouldn't matter at all.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I just love it how everybody is just pushing Jim to forgive his cheating wife and take her back without giving giving an iota of thought to what he really wants, like his personal happiness should not matter at all. An this "I didn't cheat on you I was seduced by a wolf" trope so overused that it doesn't even sound amusing anymore. I am hoping for total emasculation of Jim in the next part because only a physically and mentally castrated man can fall for his cheating wife's bullshit and forgive her.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzaralmost 3 years ago

The MC is painted into a corner by the author; cheating wife, divorced, restraining order, lost custody, etc. I don't see any believable path to reconciliation, based on the story so far. The title, "In The Death Cell" intrigues me though. Wonder where that leads us?

johntcookseyjohntcookseyalmost 3 years ago

Nice start. I’m neither a BTB or RAAC adherent, as I believe circumstances rather than black and white dogmatism should determine consequences. Having said that, you’re gonna really have to pull a rabbit out and the hat to resuscitate this marriage. I’m searching for ANY redeeming aspect to make a case for Carrie, and as yet can’t see one. Who knows? Like I said, a very nice start. Take your time and make the conclusion worthy of the beginning. Thanks much for sharing your work.

KRD19254KRD19254almost 3 years ago

Well hmmm, this rating system is so screwed, do I * it for the writing, for the story premise, story outcome? The writing is 4*, the story premise seems sort of cookie-cutter 3*, the story outcome of Jim NOT going RAAC is 5*, she does not deserve a redo. Unfortunately Jim is fighting his son, parents, in-laws, and almost EX-wife. Only unknown is Allison.

/

Interesting plot, I can only hope Jim wins a lotto, and finds a flaming hot red-head, while stinking to his guns.

/

Carrie's TRUST will NEVER get rebuilt in Jim's heart. Carrie tossed him away with no consideration to Jim or Jimmy. May Carrie rot in hell soon.

/

4* average, Hooyah....

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 3 years ago

Anony wrote:

"I destroy those that trespass against me especially when it's a bitch wife like this and her asshole lover. "

Well, who knows? We're all anonymous here, so perhaps he really is John Rambo, spreading death and destruction against all enemies.

But, exploring that, what does destroying all those who trespass against him mean? Does that mean the asshole who cuts him off in traffic? How about the guy at the party or the bar who makes a pass at his girlfriend or wife? How about the guy who, undeservedly, beats him out of that coveted promotion at work?

In this case, if Jim "destroys" the "bitch wife", what does that mean? She already has full custody of his son Jimmy, and his newborn daughter. Does he "destroy" the "bitch wife," getting her thrown out of work and into poverty? That only puts his two kids in poverty as well. Does he sneak up behind her, shoot her in the lower back, destroying her spinal column but letting her live as a paraplegic? Same thing: she won't be able to hold a job, and his kids will live in poverty. Maybe he engages in the ultimate in destruction, and kills her. Well, she'll no longer have custody, but neither will he, as he winds up spending the rest of his life getting raped by his cellmate.

Perhaps, having an in demand anywhere skill he simply up and disappears. He could do that; I know plenty of places where such a guy could get lost, making his living being paid cash under the table. But then he's lost the son he so mourned over when he was watching him play, through the window, being unable to even speak to him, and he'll never see him again. More, young Jimmy will grow up hating his father, the one who loved him, but the one who abandoned his mother and him, as he won't even be able to pay child support anymore.

Anony, and a whole bunch of other commenters, see this as a zero-sum game: Jim either wins, meaning that Carrie loses, or Carrie wins, and by their definitions, it means Jim loses. That both could win is simply outside their paradigm, but I have already documented above, how both could lose.

SunnyU2SunnyU2almost 3 years ago

@Mac_Lapu

Carrie didn't get caught. She confessed

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

Your stoty, and a great story, and even though it could easily end here I see another chapter coming. Her reasoning for her cheating and the divorce are really flimsy, and don’t add up. Instead of a prize, he turns out to be the asshole everyone else thought he was. Now she wants Jim back. Nothing comes that easily in LW. Bring on chapter 2 , and somehow make it as good as the first one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Pretty good so far. Gave it 5 stars.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapualmost 3 years ago

Good one.

But I notice only the husband is having the hardest time coping while everyone including son Jimmy is pressuring him for reconciliation. I agree with other comnenters that the wife done too much of the damage on the husband. The husband got slapped by father-in-law but nothing done to his cheating daughter except supporting her. Yep the author is setting up a reconciliation but the betrayed husband is going to do the hard lifting instead of the cheater and that is not good at all.

moralcompassmoralcompassalmost 3 years ago

I know this is chapter one but REALLY do we need another chapter. Everyone seems to have their own agendas and want stories to go one way or another. Why not let the reader draw their own conclusion?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

ReedRichards. If you think kids are better off in a home where one parent ridicules, disrespects and humiliates the other you sir are a fool. Kids are not as dumb as you think they are and quickly understand exactly what is occurring. You are doing a great deal of harm to the children by allowing it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

ReedRichards, you can't even maintain focus in your own comment.

The cheating wife and her lover already tried to destroy the husband. What should be done about that. Should he just did nothing when they did that to him? The only reason the wife got her chance to return to ex-husband is because he retaliate. If he didn't do anything and just accepts, you won't be commenting about them getting back together.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Story by the numbers. A caricature wife-villain. Yes, she is written that way. The husband victim, wallowing in his pain.

Shit happens in life. Carry an eternal grudge, and you're the one who suffers. So, pick up the pieces and move on.

One final cliche: of course the wife still loves him. If she didn't, how could he make her suffer? A true bitch would have just walked away, making emotional revenge impossible. Physical violence would be the remaining option. Instead, the contradiction in these BTB stories: the vindictive husband needs her love for him to exact pain.

Mrhappy4aaMrhappy4aaalmost 3 years ago

A wonderful story of a man who has balls enough to stick by his guns. Everyone thinks he should get back with Carrie, his ex-wife, but she disrespected him by having that fling (affair) with Greg. They don't see that even though the baby is Jim's, she left and divorced but - period. Again, SHE LEFT HIM. The question is 'did Carrie really love Jim as she professes to'. I say NO, otherwise, why/how did she let Greg convince her to leave him in the first place. She is a cheating selfish uncaring bitch and Jim knows that. He will be a part time father to HIS kids and Carrie will have to make do with her mistake...Good emotional story, keep up the good work.

IABHIABHalmost 3 years agoAuthor

Wow! What a reaction from the readers. I love it. Part two will be submitted today and I assure you that it is exactly how I wanted it from the start. I see all of the comments on both sides of the BTB/RAAC points of view and I tried to write a beginning that would elicit that kind of response. I love the will they/won’t they drama. It was the main reason I split it up into two parts.

My goal was to make the reader question should they or shouldn’t they and it seems to have worked. Although I may have written her to irredeemable for many to see RAAC as a viable option.

Thanks for reading and commenting

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 3 years ago

Anony wrote:

"Looks like I got ReedRichards panties in a wad. You go ahead and keep turning the other cheek 70 times 7 Dick. The world needs little bitches like you to see what not to be like. Have you cleaned your wife up yet from her gangbang last night?????? Oh wait, I bet you're going to fix the kids breakfast before you service the wife's well used holes. Ever thought about getting a DNA test on you and the kids??? Just a thought."

I see that Anony can tell us how he "destroys" those who trespass against him, but when challenged to tell us how he does it, he can't answer the question. Surely a manly man like Anony can tell us what manly methods he uses to "destroy those that trespass against me especially when it's a bitch wife like this and her asshole lover." Unless, of course, he never has actually destroyed anyone.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 3 years ago

Another Anony wrote:

"ReedRichards. If you think kids are better off in a home where one parent ridicules, disrespects and humiliates the other you sir are a fool. Kids are not as dumb as you think they are and quickly understand exactly what is occurring. You are doing a great deal of harm to the children by allowing it."

In this story, Carrie has apologized and will continue to apologize; that isn't a situation in which "one parent ridicules, disrespects and humiliates the other," unless you are asserting that Carrie's having had an affair with what's his name is a continuing offense, even though it's ended.

Kids want their parents together; that's a natural impulse in childhood. Kids, at least ones of Jimmy's age in this story, do understand what an affair is, but if their parents can get over it, so can the kids.

The alternative? A broken family, frequently with the parents using the kids as weapons against each other, and kids growing up not respecting at least one, and often both, parents, and the kids usually living poorer than they would have had the parents stayed together.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 3 years ago

Another Anony wrote:

"ReedRichards, you can't even maintain focus in your own comment. The cheating wife and her lover already tried to destroy the husband. What should be done about that."

At some point, one of the parents is going to have to stop attacking the other. True, Jim could try to retaliate against Carrie -- he already did against her boyfriend -- but what then? Carrie will just turn around and retaliate against Jim, and since she's the custodial parent, she has the 'weapons' to do so. And Jim retaliating against Carrie will hit the kids as well.

Supposedly it was Confucius who originated the maxim, "Seek revenge and you should dig two graves, one for yourself." Azranger wrote, "I don't see what the cheating wife can do to earn the RAAC," and it exposes the logical fallacy, that forgiveness and reconciliation must somehow be earned. If you insist that forgiveness must be earned, there's really no sense trying for reconciliation, because at that point it's not forgiveness but scorekeeping.

BillandKateBillandKatealmost 3 years ago

Well, you got everyone here all riled up, 145 comments after 2 days - great job! Hoping you finish the story soon, but if you let Carrie back in the house - watch out! Gave it 5 stars because the MC is in a no win situation and you did a great job of writing him in the corner. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out. It's your story, but I have to agree with the BTB crowd on this one, if only because she kept him from being with his son for so long. The poor guy didn't deserve to get dumped, and he certainly didn't deserve having a court order prevent him from being with his boy. Can't imagine why Carrie's parents didn't see the damage that court order would have on the boy and have their daughter get it removed.

teedeedubteedeedubalmost 3 years ago

Holy Moly, all these comments. I just wonder who is Jimmy's father?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

ReedRichards, why must the wronged husband be burdened with that responsibility.

He already endure torment from his cheating ex-wife, forced to be separated from his child and unborn child. How do you condemn the ex-wife that is already using their child as a weapon? Her own parents didn't stop her from getting the restraining order, yet slapped him for ridiculing the 'father' remark.

If saying she's sorry is enough for reconciliation, what would prevent her from doing it again.

Her apology is already accepted. But for them to reconcile, what have she done? What is she willing to do? How can she convince her ex-husband that she is truly remorseful beyond words?

Your focus is always on the husband to do things. "one of the parents is going to have to stop attacking the other" Who? Ex-husband of course. If ex-wife retaliates, " since she's the custodial parent, she has the 'weapons' to do so". So who should avoid doing that? Ex-husband of course.

Why won't you assign the same level of agency towards the ex-wife? Why aren't we so called 'BTBer/Anon' be allowed to request the same level of agency and responsibility to the cheating wife?

So unless those questions in regard to the ex-wife is answered next chapter, the only level of reconciliation is just an RAAC. Unearned.

-Another Anony

WargamerWargameralmost 3 years ago

Okay thus far, but l see another chapter is in the offing. Having gone this far, what’s the bet the next chapter contains the reconciliation????

If so, we will drop the score from a neat 5/5 to a sad 1/5 to celebrate a cuck tale.

Let’s wait and see.

Rancher46Rancher46almost 3 years ago

Well I guess I will weigh in on this tale, she definitely screwed up big time but with the kid being his I could see a conditional reconciliation. The BTB crowd and the Cuck crowd will disagree with my comments but I think he should conditionally give it a shot. The tale definitely needs another chapter so we will see if the author decides to put the finishing touch on this one and end the story. The story was well written. Gets my 5 star vote

dragonmann72dragonmann72almost 3 years ago

Third comment

On the last page you wrote, 'She picked up the picture of us of the first time we took Jimmy to Disney World. "Remember how excited he was when he realized we were at Disney World. I'll never forget that moment of sheer joy we all felt.'

Then, 'I never loved Greg. In my hormone addled mind, I was pregnant with his child, so I had to be with him to raise it'

Carrie was fine letting Greg raise Alison (if she was his) but not Jim raising his son. That would make it harder for an Reconciliation story, but still not warrant a BTB. A just plain divorce story with a changing of the minds years later.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

teedeedub, demmit. Now author had to add a few more line because of you.

jneric2691jneric2691almost 3 years ago

Wow! Never seen so many comments on the comments before in my life.

The story was good. Can't wait to see how you resolve this. I myself don't see how they can get back together! Everyone always says do it for the child, but really, what kind of home life can that be for the boy?

ReedRichards! Wow, can you really stir a pot. To bad they don't have ratings on comments.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I liked this story to show how complex things are in a relationship. Yes he still loved her, but could he ever trust her after she showed her true colours. I have looked back at all my relationships, and I have found that I still love them, not in love with them. That over 40 years of looking back, but I would not change a thing, we broke up for reasons, and the reasons still stand. They say that true love is a anomaly, but if you have it then hang on for dear God. Not everyone can get true love, its special, if it wasn't special then everyone would have it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Ok. Let’s look at this story objectively. Wifee not only cheated on her husband, but she disrespected him and his livelihood. It WAS ALL ABOUT, trading up for her. Unfortunately, she ended up pregnant, and decided to dump him for a chance at a better life. The “dream man”, didn’t work out. NOW, she not only has a ten year old, but a new baby to raise. Her value as a dating partner, is pretty low at this point. Fortunately for her, she can stick hubby with 18 years more child support, as well as the 8 for his son. IF he takes her back, what’s to stop her from “ trading up” once the baby is 10-12 years old? I would get her to agree to a divorce, under the pretenses they would still live together. Also, have her get a hysterectomy. No more children, to help her manipulate him. Things between the two of them will never be the same. But there has to be consequences for what she did. Losing the ability to bring any more bastards into the world, and her marriage safety net, will be a step in the right direction. Marriage is a contract between two people. When you are found to be breach of a contract, the other party has a right to declare it null.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

ReedRichards community idiot.

lukeey90lukeey90almost 3 years ago

Going well so far...but why he's not dating anyone? I guess hes just pussying out just to take her back later.

Regguy69Regguy69almost 3 years ago

Good story, so far. Jim is sure on an emotional roller coaster. Everything seemed pretty cut and dry when he got his visitation rights back. Got rid of the lying cheating ex, saw her world crumble, the asshole goes to jail, light at end of the tunnel! Then BAM! The little girl is his! Now what? Making him the Dad completely derails things for him. No way a guy like him walks away from his daughter, so now what? I’m eager to see where you take this.

vickitvohiovickitvohioalmost 3 years ago

for part 1, I gave you a 5*. He shouldn't have taken her back. She only has "buyer's remorse" at the moment. If he didn't argue, beat her etc., they'd still be together-even WITH Allison.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well, son, I won’t ever take your mom back. She didn’t make a ‘mistake’, she chose to give herself to another man. She has slut cooties now. I can’t hug or kiss her. I definitely don’t want her to touch me.

So, you see, we can’t be married anymore.

ZK

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 2 years ago

Well written. I think the story reflects how most men would handle this situation.

etchiboyetchiboyover 2 years ago
Lady, it’s one or the other.

“I was calling you a grease monkey and that probably gave you that impression... I don't have an issue with your job. I never have...“

Yet in the same paragraph — “Unfortunately, Greg always called you 'the grease monkey' and I fell into the habit of disrespecting you.“

So lady, which is it? “I have no issues with job” or “fell into habit of disrespecting you”? It’s one or the other, not both.

etchiboyetchiboyover 2 years ago

What if Jim hated the name “Alison”? Would Carrie allow a name change?

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 2 years ago

Restrained from his son? Obviously the law can't overlook him beating up his wife's lover. and there has to be some concern about violence against the wife, how is there any legitimate concern about their son?

\

Presumably it's just a temporary R.O., he should be able to get it lifted so that he can see his son.

\

With his son calling him for help and the injuries to his wife and son, and the neighbors' testimony about the shouting should squash and R.O. violation bullshit.

\

They can slap an R.O. on him without him appearing in court to defend himself, but he has to appear to get it lifted?

\

"Carrie was being gracious about it" - She SHOULD be "gracious" about it after everything.

\

"He always put you down. Mom told him to shut up and said he wasn't half the man you were." - Too bad she didn't feel that way about the "Grease Monkey" before.

\

"She thought it was his baby." - Yeah, she thought it was his baby because she had been FUCKING him!

\

"I fell into the habit of disrespecting you." - Why was she around Greg so much that she fell into his habits?

\

"I was pregnant with his child, so I had to be with him to raise it." - She "had" to be with Greg to raise "his" child, but she didn't need to be with Jim to raise his?

\

She mentioned not talking to him before the divorce, and he blamed the R.O., but how about before that, BEFORE she packed their bags and announced that she was leaving, taking their son?

boneham21boneham21over 2 years ago

Love it that he doesn't take her back.............SO FAR! He got a shit deal from her.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1over 2 years ago

Never accept being plan b. Never. She made her choice. She now has to live with it. Reality is, if she could have an affair she was never who you thought she was.

Is he construction or mechanic? Mechanics don't have a winter layoff.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

My thanks to the gods of fate for letting me read this part of the story after the second phase has been completed. While a part of me want to see Jim get back with his wife another part respects his position of avoid going back to a wife who wanted more socially than her husband could provide. The only bright spot I can imagine is that Carrie can take Greg to the cleaners in a divorce and then she can afford to enjoy the life she feels she deserves. Doubt if Jim will be there but he does love his children so.....

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story so far as it went. Carrie wants the cake, but wants to eat it too.Can't do both. Now that Greg can't get it up, she wants back to a stiff one. Now, Jim has got to get around the facts that his wife, the mother of his two kids was/is a slut that wants back with him and his 'stiffie'. How can he win the fight between her, her family,his family, as well as the two children? There's no win for him at all. He's got to buy the new larger house, then kiss his ass goodbye. Or the courts will order him to do it. Aint love grand? LP

DickSnugfitDickSnugfitover 2 years ago

Excellent! Top marks! Glad he found his his balls, and didn't take the betraying, cheating, two-timing, lying, scheming bitch of a whore back! -She already "spoke-with-two-tongues" lying about her deceit and duplicitous double-dealings for months EITHER SIDE of his weird winter lay-off (right through the busiest season for mechanics) and treachery for some 6-months or more, while two-timing her innocent and faithful cuckold as she got that most ubiquitous of all Japanese Motorcycles: -an itchyfanni!

I DO hope that the Author WILL remain constant, steadfast, and LOYAL to his readership, and develop his still further, and NOT wimp-out on ensuing follow-ups which would of course, constitute a total lack of Testosterone, Testicles, Judgement, Sense, and Reason, and be a betrayal-of-trust to his readers, and provide more-than-enough psychological medical-evidence for a compulsory surgical intervention, such as a Double Frontal Lobotomy!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good. She cheated how long and how many times and then wants to come back. No way.!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

What is wrong with these wives that want a bit of strange on the side BUT still confess it meant nothing (jaybee186)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

JANE IS A BITCH JUST LIKE HER WHORE DAUGHTER!! HE SHOULD NOT TAKE THE VINDICTIVE BITCH BACK!! ONCE A CHEAT ALWAYS A CHEAT

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Holy shit what a selfish, evil slut

MarkT63MarkT63almost 2 years ago

Glad he is sticking to his guns...so far.

I smell an RAAC CUCK coming on!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

i gave part one 5 stars. But... there is a part 2. And we have all seen a good story, turn into shit at the end. Let’s hope, that doesn’t happen.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"tried a different tact", is a phrase without meaning, literally meaningless. The author is not alone in garbling the correct "tried a different TACK", as used since sailing days, meaning alternate starboard or port tacks when sailing into the wind. Yeah, yeah, language nazi (everybody you disagree with is a nazi), words actually do mean things. We all can improve away from these dopey, little, correctable mistakes. End whine.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story. The untrustworthy slut does not deserve a second chance at marriage, but the father does deserve equal custody, if not sole custody. Hope the tenor is continued in in part 2.

Ed

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

This author is the biggest fucking cream pie lover on here and fuck me that's is saying something. The only reason they dress up their male protagonists in masculine garb is to make the act of bending over and getting ass fucked all the more egregious.

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

Hahahahaha sooooo FUNNY 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 I never stopped loving you the entire time I was fucking around on you. Talk about Circular Logic that's more like Quantum Physics on Crack!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

There have been many stories where the comments call for a completion to the story but this one is screaming for one. I checked and can say with a smile that you have a chapter 2 waiting so I best be getting to, as Paul Harvey would call it "The Rest of the Story".

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I'm not a mind reader, but I think I have normal instincts and intuition when it comes to reading people, especially bad people. His whore wife wasn't just bad, she was evil, and brainless, and heartless. And if he couldn't tell his wife had changed into a monster then she must have always been that way and he just sucked it up right out of her ass. Nope, no sympathy for this stupid cuck. He got what he married, so he got what he deserved. Thanks for the effort.

DrgwngDrgwngover 1 year ago

Oh boo hoo. It was hormones. He seduced me. I am stupid. Whatever. Never wifeys fault. My hormones made me do it. I was incapable of knowing right from wrong. It was short fling, it only lasted for three months. Gee, woe is me…. So sad ,but of course this actually mirrors real life, as society endlessly blames the man and forgives the poor put upon wife, Another writer goes down in flames protecting the woebegotten females of the world. Rachel is coming of course, AND IT IS CERTAINLY WELL DESERVED, RIGHT.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Him getting a vasectomy probably isn't a bad idea. At least that way there won't be any question of it being his baby next time her cheating pussy gets itchy and she cheats again.

Helen1899Helen1899over 1 year ago

What a stupid mixed up woman, does she deserve him back NEVER, however more importantly do Jimmy and Allison need a mother and father living together to bring them up, ABSOLUTELY. The Children should count most, not his ego. They should resume as a family, he needn't have sex, but that's his decision. When they leave, he should walk out with his head held high and divorce her, having been a wonderful loving father.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Jimmy and Allison DONT need a broken home with a mother and father who wont get along. Raised in a home like I can say with certainty that the kids are better off going to 2 happy homes not 1 broken home. HER EGO caused all of this, the slut thought she was too good for Jim and DESTROYED their family. If Greg lived up to his promises Carrie wouldnt have gone back to Jim her plan B, this is all on Carrie and HER alone.

inka2222inka222210 months ago

@helen - look at any research you dumb cunt. Kids in famlies where parents don't get along (for lack of a stronger term), are WORSE off than children of amicably divorced parents, as long as mummy-selfish-slut does not try to marginalize the father like most modern women like to do.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Might have added something about wanting to be Alison’s dad, but agree with no reconciliation.

@inka2222 that is some unnecessary language, dude.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

So far he stands his ground. Stupid cow. 2/5

jopstorm1945

RePhilRePhil6 months ago

You are probably not a grandparent like myself. As a point of fact if anyone would harm a grandchild the grandfather would rain down the vengeance of Gabriel upon their being. In other words he would by a sword, name it Kindness. Then kill them with kindness. Pointe Finale

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Stand your ground!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Short fling my ass. That's like two times in my book, not from the end of Thanksgiving to mid March. Fucking slut. Loved the part about her loving him and his response. Perfectly said. You don't show your love to your spouse by continually cheating on them. That's called selfishness, not love.

Freddog6601Freddog66013 months ago

Way too much angst in this piece. The crux of the problem was never addressed. Why was she listening to the slime ball in the first place? The main issue for reconciliation was trust and that never came up.

A generous two stars as this story had possibilities that were ignored.

26thNC26thNC3 months ago

Reading this again and realizing just how well written it is. This is about a man who was hurt in the worst way by his cheating wife. Now she wants him back, and he isn’t having it. Great so far.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Don't see anything wrong with Jim not jumping to take the bitch back!! Dan and Jane can go fuck themselves, they raised a cheating skank!!!

Guess both sets of asshole parents are going to continue nagging him and the bitch Dan is influencing Jimmy.

Jim is already divorced and he should stay that way.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I certainly don’t advocate reconciliation, but I do agree with Freddog. If Jim can’t or won’t get that anger, hate and bitterness under control he’s not going to be raising any kids. He’s either going to have a heart attack or a stroke. Either way, if one or the other doesn’t kill him it might leave him so badly he won’t have a life worth living. Not to mention the fact that he’s going to alienate everyone he knows. Friends, family, work colleagues, everyone. Not for his ex’s benefit, but for his own, he really needs to start seeing a counselor, a therapist, maybe an actual shrink. Before it’s too late. Still, this is a very well written story. I’m looking forward to seeing the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

On the fence for part 2.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userIABH@IABH
2/9/24: 2 new stories are submitted. I have a few more I’m working on to come. Purple Haze’s conclusion is waiting Lit approval. Sorry it took so long. Music means a lot to me and I include references to it in my stories and even some of my story names are song titles from ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES