In the Mountains

Story Info
Two unlikely lovers find one another in the wilderness.
2.8k words
4.24
12.1k
3
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Deep within the forest, high up in the mountains, a lone figure was shuffling among the trees. The movement could be mistaken for an animal walking along, but this was not the walk of any animal. This was something that this part of the land had never seen. And why should it, since this was many miles from any civilization in a time when the country was still wild and untamed. There would only be one new being to enter this land, and that being was a man.

But why was this man so far from his people now? Why was he going deeper into the wilderness away from the rest of humanity? And who exactly was he? Well answering the last question may help with the others. His name was Thomas, and he had sailed to this "New World" from his native England almost three years ago. He had arrived in the Virginia Colony with a group of men that worked together to establish a settlement they named in honor of their king, which they called Jamestown. He had worked with the others to build the fort and they were at the beginning of a thriving place in this land called America. Thomas played an important role in the settlement; his skills at both hunting and farming were beyond any of his countrymens, allowing him to provide much of the food that the other colonists ate. Times were tough, but they had managed to make it for the time, until the winter between the years 1609 and 1610, when a great period of famine hit Jamestown. Many of the colonists died during this time, and among the survivors there was blame towards Thomas, who they insisted could have worked harder in growing their crops. Finally unable to take another moment of false accusations, he gathered his meager possessions and headed west deep into the unknown land, renouncing civilization and vowing to live alone for the rest of his days.

Thomas kept walking deeper and deeper into the wilderness on his personal mission. Mentally, he already had the determination to survive the trials ahead. He also was at peak physical condition; his 5'10" frame had the adequate muscling to allow him the demands of labor he would face. His long brown hair, tied back behind his back, matched the beard he wore on his face that showed the roughly 30 years he had lived were not easy ones. At first chance, upon a successful deer hunt, he shed the clothes of his English upbringing to fashion his own outfit of buckskins. This successful test meant he would be able to make warmer clothing before the next harsh winter came. If anyone of the Europeans in America possessed the survival skills in this unknown wilderness it would be Thomas. He could live off the land, harvest wild game and plants and endure any environment. When it came time for him to settle down, he would easily be able to build a permanent dwelling and raise a small garden of crops for himself. The adventurous spirit that had brought him to leave home to come to the New World was in full force as he went deeper into the mountains.

Thomas had traveled for many months on his journey into the unknown. No longer bound to society, he had long stopped bothering to notice the date it was or even the year. His calendar was simply following the seasons. One day, off in the distance, he spotted a mountain range that seemed to be the color blue. Thomas had never seen mountains this color before, or with so much woodland on it. He was drawn instantly to this mountain range, as the color reminded him of the flowers that had grown outside the door of his childhood home. He took this as a sign that he should head in that direction. The mountains seemed to go on as far as the eye could see and he reasoned that a man could spend quite a long time exploring him, a prospect he was looking forward to.

As he reached the mountains, the leaves began to change their colors to welcome the arrival of fall. Thomas decided he would set up a winter encampment now and once the warm days of spring arrived he would go out exploring. His skills with an ax allowed him to have a cabin that would suit him and keep him from the weather up in no time. He managed to gather and preserve some roots and berries that would hopefully survive the cold temperature to add to his diet. He was able to fashion a bow and arrow that was adequate for him to bring down many deer from which he was able to stockpile meat and make plenty of warm clothing and bedding to keep him more than comfortable during the winter. He also took time to explore the area around his little homeplace, as the cold temperatures were still not due for a little while. He had a place ready for winter and the whole area to himself. At least that is what he thought.

On a day when the temperatures were just starting to turn cold enough for Thomas to want another covering, he decided to walk among a rock outcropping he had seen during one of his hunts. He looked among the rocks, seeing if there was anything that drew his interest. Among the outcropping, he saw something he did not expect; tracks. He had figured that no animals would come up the harsh rocky soil. But as he looked closer, what he thought were tracks were revealed to be footprints. There could not possibly be another person there as it was far from any Indian tribes he had seen from afar during his travel. He had not seen another human for months and now there was the possibility he was about to encounter one. Fearful that the unknown would be hostile, he drew his hunting knife from its sheath, prepared to battle it out. Before he could follow the tracks, however, the source revealed itself by coming out from behind the large rock they had selected for a hiding place.

Thomas was able to look the other person up and down and realize that this was no threat to him. He sheathed his knife to show he did not mean harm. The intruder was a young Indian woman, obviously in distress. She was filthy, clothes ragged and looked as if it had been some time since she had last eaten anything of sustenance. Despite vowing to give up human companionship, the helpfulness he had previously been known for compelled him to want to offer help. But how would he communicate with her his intentions? He thought for a moment what signals would be best to use, without being perceived as a threat, when suddenly the woman spoke to him in his native English.

"Please, do not hurt me," she said. "I will go if you let me."

Thomas was taken aback by this. "You can speak English?" he asked her.

"I can. Please let me go and bring me no harm." She was obviously frightened by the sight of him.

"Do not fear. I mean you no harm at all. Are you here alone?" Thomas was growing concerned at the state she was in.

"I am. All of the others are dead. I am the last one and have been for some time."

"Allow me to help you. You will surely die without aid, please come with me. I will provide you with food and shelter if you allow it."

"Thank you, but I do not wish to impose."

"It is not a burden for me. I would not be able to live with myself if I did not offer aid."

"Very well, I will go with you." The woman, helped down from the rocks by Thomas, followed him back towards his cabin and the help she needed.

Once they got back to the cabin, Thomas quickly took the pot of stew he had left simmering over the low fire and spooned out a bowlful for the hungry woman. She ate it down so quickly he was barely able to fix her a second bowl. As she ate, he wanted to know more about who she was and why she was in the area. After introducing himself to her, he asked those questions, which she was more than willing to answer. She began her tale to him.

"My name is Wamaloma and my father was the chief of our village a long distance to the north of here. Many years ago, warriors from another tribe captured myself and my sister while we were foraging in the forest near my father's village. I do not know what happened to her. I was taken to their camp and kept many years as a slave to one of their medicine men. After a time, and I had become a woman, men with skin as white as you came to the village I was being kept at and made the medicine man an offer to buy me. He took it and I was taken back to their ship. They took me across the ocean to a country called England, where one of the men from the voyage insisted I become his wife."

Thomas interrupted her to ask "Is that how you are able to speak English?"

"Yes," Wamaloma replied. "I was taught to speak the language and what was expected to be the duties of a wife. But not long after we married, the man died in an accident while repairing the ship for another voyage back. I was able to get on board when it left. Once we landed, I attempted to return to the village of my father. I learned there he had died not too long before and my brother was now chief. But he did not believe my tale and banished me from the village, saying I had betrayed our people and that I was going to cause harm coming back."

"How long ago was that?"

"It was at the beginning of the last winter. A small band came with me as they believed my tale. We traveled together for some time before many of them died when our boats we traveled on overturned. Two others made it but died not too long after. I was alone. I got along until not too long ago, when I was attacked and chased by another group from a people I did not recognize. I fled deeper into the trees and they did not find me. But I lost everything. All of my food and everything I needed to live. I did not dare to go back as I was afraid they would find me again. I have wandered since then, hiding from them."

"Do you know long ago?"

"No I do not."

"Do you think you were followed into this area?"

"I do not believe so. After a day they did not chase me further. That is when I came into these mountains. They were in the valley."

Thomas thought about the situation. He had planned to get the woman some food and send her on her way. But Wamaloma seemed to be in great distress and in danger. If he sent her out like this, with winter so close, it would be a death sentence. He had planned to be alone, but he had to help her. He decided to make her an offer of help.

"The winter grows near and the clothing you are wearing is insufficient for you to make it through. I also believe you have gone so long without eating you need rest. Stay here and build your strength before continuing."

Wamaloma said, "I do not wish to be a burden."

"You will not be. I have plenty and since I am here alone I have extra to give. I cannot let you on as I will not be able to live with myself."

"Very well, I would be glad to stay with a kind man such as yourself."

The next few days were mainly spent allowing Wamaloma time to build her strength back up. Beneath the buckskin dress she wore he was able to see that she was a beautiful young woman. He worked to make her a proper outfit like his for the cold temperatures coming, guessing the size the pants and shirt would need to be. The rest could be made later. Before she put it on, he pointed her in the direction of a creek to bathe herself in while he waited back in the cabin. When she returned cleaned, he really saw her beauty. She wore her new outfit and slipped on her moccasins as Thomas threw the old dress she wore onto the trash pile. When the cold approached, the two were ready to stay the winter together and work to help the other survive.

The winter months were long but the two unlikely companions got to know one another better. They shared many interests and both seemed to love the mountains they were staying in. Wamaloma, as it turns out, was quite good at cooking, much better than Thomas was and happily took over the duties of cooking. They became closer as the cold days drew on, staying in the cabin telling stories of the past, stories of their peoples and even singing songs they knew with one another. They were fast friends, and their feelings had grown much closer as the spring times arrived.

With the first days of spring, Thomas had plans to go off to explore. Wamaloma did not want to leave him, nor did he want her to leave, so he invited her along. She was happy they would get to explore the wilderness, but thought it would be a good idea they washed the winter months from their bodies. While she said she would prepare their meal, he should go down to the creek and bathe.

Thomas undressed and left his clothing on the bank of the creek. He walked nude into the water and washed the grime away. As he stood in the water, he looked up and saw movement coming down the hill. He hid himself in the water from whoever was coming. As they approached, he saw it was Wamaloma. She came down towards him. She stood next to the pile of his clothing and looked right at him. Before his eyes, she began to undress in front of him, leaving her clothes in a pile beside his. Soon, she waded into the creek naked and walked next to him. As he stood up, she pulled her body up against his. He knew what she wanted, and bent down to do something he had wanted to do and kiss her deeply.

The kiss felt right to both, and they stood there in the cool water of the creek in that manner, both becoming more aroused as they kissed. The feel of their naked flesh touching both brought each deep feelings. Soon, Wamaloma took his hand in hers and led him back to the shore, laying down on the bank of the creek. Thomas laid down beside her and the kissing continued. They ran their hands up and down each other's body, both loving the feel. Thomas pulled Wamaloma on top of him and held her close as they kissed. He began to kiss down her body as he fondled her breasts, before he gently kissed her nipples. This caused her to let out a gentle moan, signifying her love of what he was doing.

Soon her hands wandered down to Thomas' growing, erect penis. She stroked him up and down to get him more aroused before she felt he was ready. She positioned herself above his hard penis and inserted it into her vagina slowly. She rode him up and down, both breathing heavily and moaning as they picked up speed. Before long, Wamaloma felt a warm sensation inside her as Thomas orgasmed, ejaculating inside of her. This felt right to her, and she too had an orgasm. Both cuddled up to one another and gently napped under the cover of the trees.

The next day, they set out from the small cabin and began their adventure in the mountains. The two lovers spent the rest of their days exploring those mountains together. They never saw another human being for the many years they spent together, enjoying the solitude with one another. Nobody would bother them and they got to be alone, exploring, making love and seeing all there was to see for them. And that is how they spent the life they had together.