In the Vineyard Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
SLC-Ohio
SLC-Ohio
64 Followers

"Come on, Cassy. Let's get away from the crowds."

"Just what I want. You're a mind reader!" She grabbed his arm, and Miles have led, half dragged Cassy along. He didn't know where else to go – he ended up at his own front door. Miles thought, then knocked.

Ana heard the knock. Lucky I'm still dressed, she thought. I didn't expect company. She went to the door and looked out the window. She saw that it was Miles with Cassy and opened the door. She immediately saw that Cassy was limp, sagging, eyes barely open.

"Drunk?" she asked Miles.

"Drunk. And I don't know how she did it. She was fine after eating. She must have been trying pretty hard for the last hour."

"So, what's the deal?" asked Ana.

Miles walked in, pulling Cassy along. He sat her on the couch. She sat upright, and after a second asked, "Do you have a drink?"

"How about some coffee?" Miles responded.

"Only if you spike it," Cassy said and laughed. "White wine, please."
"Coming up," responded Miles. He went toward the kitchen.

Ana followed. "Miles, what's up?"

"If you mean, what is the plan, I don't know. I'm making it up as I go along. I just had to get her away from the crowd. It didn't look good, for Creek Valley or for Cassy. Too many people know who she is."

"That's thoughtful, Miles, but do you think getting her drunker is the answer?" Miles was in the kitchen by this time. "Shhhh," he cautioned. He extracted the bottle of white wine they'd started that afternoon. He poured less than a shot glass portion in a wine glass, then topped if off with some seltzer water. "She'll be able to taste the wine, but there isn't enough there to make a difference." He carried the glass back to Cassy.

"Voila, Mademoiselle. This is a slightly sparkling white."

"Miles, you sound like Brandon. He is such a charmer." She looked suddenly forlorn. "Such a shame, he's such an attractive young man. What a waste." Cassy sipped the wine. "Mmmmmn. I don't recall tasting this earlier."

"You didn't," replied Miles. "It's a, um, a special reserve." He added, "And a limited edition. We don't normally pour it to the public. But, since its you, I thought you might as well try it."

"Well, I am honored." Cassy leaned down and motioned Miles to get close. She tried to whisper. "Did you tell your friend about our plans? You know, ménage a trois? "

Miles whispered back. "Not yet. I need some time. She's not expecting this."

"Oh, of course, I understand." Cassy was a full plus volume now. "Take your time. I'm fine. Oh, before you get into some in depth discussion, can you give me a refill?"

"Of course," said Miles, taking the empty glass. He walked to the kitchen, and out of Cassy's sight repeated the concoction. Ana was still standing there, uncertain what to do.

"I'll be right back," Miles said to her. "Don't move." Ana had her arms crossed and was trying to look stern, but the ridiculous nature of the situation was making it hard for her to keep a straight face. Seeing this, Miles started to crack up as well. "Just let me take this out there," he said, straining. Ana covered her mouth with her hand to muffle the laughter. "Damn it!" said Miles, also dissolving in laughter. He pulled himself together and walked back to Cassy.

"Another glass," he said, brightly.

"Sounds like its going well in there. Are we on?"
"Not quite. But getting closer. I'll be right back." Miles was relieved to turn his back on Cassy. He came back to Ana, who was by that time doubling over with silent laughter. Without a word, he put his arm around her and pulled her into the bathroom. Locking the door behind him, Miles turned on the shower and the sink, then flushed the toilet.

"I can't believe this," he said, laughing between the words. Ana was laughing so hard she was tearing up. "Ana, its not that funny." Miles tried again to be serious, but her giggles were contagious. "Ok, maybe it is. And, you don't know the worst." Ana laughed more, then took a breath.

"So, what's the worst?" Ana started laughing again.

"What do you think she wants?"

"Why, you, no doubt."

"Well, yes, and no. When I explained that I wasn't alone, she suggested that we make a threesome."

Ana digested this, then her laughter slowed. "so, she expects…you and I and….Miles, you can't be serious."

"No, of course not. But, what was I supposed to do, let her stand there by the winery and broadcast her ideas? I had some thought of taking her to her room, but frankly, I think I've had too much to drink. Not counting that, I'm really too tired, even just to go a few miles down the road."

"I'm not in any better shape. I had a real work out this morning." Miles remembered Ana driving the tractor and splitting wood. "Let's call a cab."

"What if she won't go? She's into this three some idea."

"So, think. How can we make her go?"

"Wait a minute, I have an idea!" Miles shut off the shower and sink. "Just follow my lead."

"OK. I hope you know what you're doing."

"Me, too."

Miles and Ana walked out. Miles paused in the kitchen and made another glass of the seltzer-wine combination. He carried it with him.

"I thought you'd need another, he said, sitting the new glass in front of her.

"Oh, Miles. You're sooo thoughtful!" She looked up at him. "Are we cool?" she asked in a stage whisper.

"Cassy," he sat down beside her. With his arm behind Cassy, he signaled for Ana to sit on the other side. She did so, hesitantly. "Cassy," Miles continued, "We want to talk to you, for a minute. About getting together."

Cassy looked over at Ana. "I'm so glad that you're comfortable with this. I was afraid that you weren't into anything wild!"

Ana smiled back at her. She looked past Cassy at Miles. He gestured toward Ana. She started to speak. "Yes, well…" she looked again toward Miles, he was holding up fingers on his hands. Ana had a sense where Miles was going. "Cassy, its not that the three of us is a problem. It's the rest of our friends that we're worried about!"

"The rest of..? " Cassy began.

Miles jumped in. "That's what I was trying to tell you earlier, Cassy. You see, we have plans later on. A group thing."

"Group thing? You mean like group sex?" asked Cassy.

Miles nodded at her. "Let me see, you know about Brandon and Jimmy. They're what you'd call AC/DC. And a couple of Jimmy's friends from school. And, Scott, who works in the winery, and went to school with Manny. Plus some of the girls from the winery, Kayla, Rita, Lorna. And, Todd usually comes by, sometimes with his wife, sometimes not. And, correct me if I'm wrong, Ana, but aren't we expecting your friend Mary and Manny?"

Ana tried to keep a straight face. "I believe that's so."

"Wait a minute," said Cassy, standing up. "Todd? Manny? How many people are we talking about? How do you keep track? "

"We don't" said Miles. "Sometimes we end up with a few strangers. But, so far, no one's been seriously hurt." He paused and looked serious. "Except the one time. And, I'm convinced that was a fluke."

Cassy looked at Miles and Ana in turn. Then, she looked down at her watch.

"Geez, look at the time! It's getting really late. And I have an early morning tomorrow. I have to get up and drive all the way back into town for mass!" She stretched and yawned. "You know, maybe I should call it a night. No offense, as much as I'd like to stay, I think maybe some shut eye is in order. " She started to get up.

"Not so fast," said Miles.

"Miles, really," started Ana. "If Cassy wants to go, then, she should go."

"Not in her condition. Cassy, let me call a cab. They'll be here in less than ten minutes from Creekboro. We call regularly. Where are you staying?"

Cassy told him the name of the bed and breakfast. She knew she was in no shape to drive. Miles made the call, then Cassy decided that she needed to go back to her car for something.

"I'll go with you," Ana announced. Miles looked at her questioningly. "Its OK. I think it's better if I go." Miles nodded. The two women went out the door. Miles took Ana's hand for a second before she left.

Ana and Cassy walked along the path in silence.

"He's quite a guy," Cassy finally said.

"Yep," said Ana. She wasn't ready to be conversational with Cassy, after all, Cassy had caused no end of difficulties with their plans that day.

Cassy stopped suddenly. "Ana," she said. "I know I've had too much to drink."

Ana couldn't help empathizing. "Happens to the best of us."

"Listen, Ana, whatever you guys do is, you know, your thing. But I have something I want to say to you."

"Speak your mind," said Ana.

"Ana, I want you to know, because I know, that Miles is absolutely, completely crazy about you. I mean ape shit crazy about you. He couldn't keep his eyes off you most of the day. I know, because I kept trying to get him to look at me."

Ana didn't know what to say. This was so unexpected. She started to feel pangs of guilt about their deception of Cassy. "Cassy, I…"

Cassy interrupted. "Don't worry. I can tell when I'm not wanted. But, you guys didn't have to go through all that. Next time, just say, Cassy, get lost! Scram! Vamoose!" She leaned toward Ana. "You are so lucky. Don't ever forget that I told you so. Face it, I don't like to lose gracefully. But, I'll make an exception this time." The cab was pulling up. "Tell him I'll be right there," said Cassy, walking toward her car. She looked remarkably sober at this point. Ana went up to the cab, told the driver the destination and asked the price. She paid with the bill that Miles placed in her hand on their way out. "Keep the change," she said. The driver smiled.

Cassy came back toward the cab. She opened the door. "Ana, " she said. ''Take good care of him. He's one in a million. Maybe one in a billion!"

Ana waved and started to walk away. "One more thing," Cassy was saying. Ana turned back. "You tell your friend to be nice to Manny. He is one hell of a photographer! And really not that bad of a kid, although I give him a hard time."

"I will," said Ana. She had the feeling that deep down, Cassy was actually fond of Manny, in a mothering way. "We'll see you soon."

"You know, maybe I should give you the keys and have you guys deliver my car tomorrow morning." The cab was beginning to back out and Ana pretended not to hear. She walked on. Enough of Cassy was enough, even given her current contrite mood. "Bye," Ana called back. The cab finally departed. Ana breathed a sigh of relief. She worked her way back to Miles' door. By this time, the winery, though still open, was practically deserted. The parking lot had just a couple of cars, one of course, was Cassy's.

Ana came to the door and tried the knob. Open. She opened it quietly, didn't see anyone right away. Maybe Miles was asleep. After all they'd been through all day, here it was, her first night here, and he was asleep. She came inside, closing and locking the door. But, no, there was music playing. Ana looked around, and saw a surprise.

There was a fire in the fireplace, and there was Miles. He was sitting on the bearskin rug, nude, looking back at her.

"What took you so long?"

"Cassy was talkative."

"Come here. Let me help you with your clothes." Ana noticed her old bottle of wine on the coffee table. It was empty, the contents poured evenly into two glasses.

Miles followed her eyes. "I wanted it to be our nightcap here. Remember? Now, come over here and let me see that dress up close."

Ana walked toward him. "The fire is nice. How did you manage to build one so quickly?"

"I've had lots of practice. I remembered that you had a chill earlier. The nights and early mornings are colder here than in the city."

"I noticed that before. When I first came out." Ana remembered her first visit, her first sight of Miles. She never would have guessed that day that she'd be here just a couple of weeks later, spending the night. And making love with Miles, for the second time this day.

"Sit," he patted a spot on the rug in front of him. "There's something I've been wanting to do for hours."

"What is it?" Ana asked him. She sat facing him.

"I'll show you." Miles moved around so he was behind Ana. He pressed his face against her neck. She could feel his facial hair. "Its not too rough, is it?" Miles asked.

"No, its soft. Are you going to keep growing it?"

"Only until we finish the harvest. I have a superstition about shaving as it gets close to the end. Especially when it's a good year. Then, after the last day of picking, I'll go back to just the mustache." Miles started nibbling on her ears. It felt like an electric shock was running down Ana's neck. She moaned lightly. "Like that?" Miles asked.

"Uh huh," she said quietly.

"Good," he said. He ran his tongue along the outer edges of her ears, and at the same time put his hands on her shoulders. He moved his mouth down to her neck and gave her little kisses, pulling on the skin just slightly. "Don't worry, " he said between mouthfuls, "I won't leave any marks."

"I'm not worried. I trust you."

"You should," Miles said. He caressed her shoulders and moved his hands down the front of her to the top button of the dress. He unbuttoned it, and the next two. He swung back around so he was facing her. Ana sat, almost motionless, as if in a trance. She couldn't believe how excited she was, and Miles had barely touched anything but her ears and neck. Just the top of her green lace bra was showing under the dress. Miles unbuttoned one more button. The bra was now exposed. Miles gently pushed the top of the dress off Ana's shoulders. He pressed one hand across Ana's chest, working his way downward to the bra. He rubbed the outside of the bra, feeling with pleasure that Ana's nipples were hardening. "She's getting hot," he whispered to her. "Lets see how hot we can get." He pulled the bra straps down off her shoulders and then pushed the lace down so the bra sat beneath her breasts. Miles unbuttoned another button, then leaned down. He used his tongue to lick around the edges of her nipples, alternating between them. Ana put her hands on Miles' head, working her fingers through his thick hair.

After a few minutes, Miles lifted his head. He felt around the back and unhooked the bra. He threw it behind him, toward the couch. He unbuttoned the rest of the dress, then stood up, pulling Ana with him. He slipped the dress off, also tossing it back. Then he knelt in front of her, his face close to the green lace panties. Ana felt unsteady, she was quivering with excitement. Sensing this, Miles held onto the small of her back with one hand. He used the other to work the panties down until they were around her ankles. He pulled his hand through her pubic hair, and caressed her, going lower and lower, but each time moving away just before going between her legs. Ana was breathing quickly and heavily. Miles looked up at her.

"Time for a break," he said. Ana looked down at him.

"What?" she said.

"I don't want to go too fast. I want this to last as long as possible," he explained. "No need to get up in the morning. Here," he helped her step out of her panties one foot at a time. Then Miles stood and held Ana tightly. She could feel his erection. "Chill gone?" he asked.

"Yes," she said. In fact she felt extremely hot.

Miles reached over and handed her one of the glasses. He took the other, then he sat back down on the rug. Ana sat beside him, leaning into Miles chest and shoulder. She remembered how she'd wondered what it would feel like to lean against Miles the first day she'd met him. Even before their first touch.

"Miles?"

"What is it, sweet?"

"Do you remember the first day I came here?"

"Indelibly printed in my brain. What about it? What you wore? Jeans, dirty tennis shoes and a pink tee shirt. That I still have here somewhere, by the way. With a blue windbreaker you took off and tied around your waist. Hair in a ponytail, plus sunglasses. That's not all I remember. What you ate? A half sandwich you made out of one piece of bread, a slice of ham, small piece of Swiss cheese and Dijon mustard. That was the second try, your first try I spoiled by spilling wine on you."

"You make it sound like it was on purpose."

"Maybe it was. I'll have to consider that. Maybe it was subconscious, at least. How else could I get you alone?"

"Maybe. I never thought of you as that devious, though."

"No, I'm not. I don't think so, anyway. Sometimes tactless, and often demanding, but not generally devious." He finished the wine in sips. "So, what was the original question, I forget?"

"I was just wondering, I mean maybe I shouldn't admit this, but there was something I felt the first minute I laid eyes on you. And, I was even trying to fight it, but I couldn't stop thinking about you. That's why I came back. I mean after last Saturday. I just had to see you again, even if you were mad at me."

"Ana, I was never mad at anyone but myself. But, if that's your question, the answer is that I felt the same. Of course, I had heard you were coming from Chester. And, I have been hearing about you for ages from you now ex husband. Especially lately when he thought things were going to get back together. Todd would say 'how are things going,' and Greg would always talk about you. Ana and I this, Ana that, and so on. I have to say that I thought I knew what you'd be like from that. I expected you to be beautiful, which you are." He kissed her check. "But I expected you to be spoiled, snobbish and worthless around here."

She protested. "Miles, that's not fair. How could you jump to such a conclusion?"

"You tell me. How much physical work do you do in your spare time? How about working outside?"

Ana had to admit he was right. "Greg always hired landscapers. And lawn mowers. And, now the condo doesn't even have a yard. But I have been working out for years."

"Believe me, Ana, I'm not cutting on you. I never stop being amazed at what you'll try. Like splitting logs. But, you'll have to admit that work out classes are nothing like working outside. And, you haven't even seen some of what goes on. Digging holes to bury the graft union every fall. Pruning every winter or spring. Digging holes to plant replacement vines. In fact, picking is one of the easier parts and I'd bet you'll admit that it can be work, too."

"Of course."

"Maybe you'll understand this, or maybe you won't. But a lot of what I like is that it is hard, and it does get me outside, out of some box. And, I think, I hope anyway, that you come to feel the same way. Just watching you so far, well, I can't believe that you're working this hard just to impress me. Something inside of you is pushing you."

"You're right. I am a competitor. And, I hate to lose."

"Me, too. Mostly, I'd hate to lose you." He took the now empty glass from her hand. "Ana, I know that I'm moving fast, maybe too fast. But, right now, I'm thinking about how I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

Ana started to speak. Miles interrupted.

"No. Hear me out first. I know that I can't ask you yet. So, I'm not. But believe me, the day will come, and as soon as it does, I'll ask. The right way. Ring and everything. I just want you to know that I am serious about this. I have some sense of what you want, what you expect, and I don't want you to think I'm comfortable going on like this. Even what I said earlier, about us going back and forth, I know that's not a solution. It's just the best I can do right now. But, I will do whatever it takes to build us a real life we can live together, something that no one can undermine or take away from us." He thought for a minute. "You know, maybe that's the most important thing you are doing for me. I've been wandering along here, in a sort of limbo, for years now. I don't mean the winery – it's been a great learning experience, and I have made some money, too. But, I didn't have any reason to take care of things, to really get my life in order, I just lived here in the bachelor pad, hung around with the guys, dated the girls, and talked big about starting my own winery. But never made any real plans." He looked at Ana. "Now I have the best reason in the world to go on with my life."

SLC-Ohio
SLC-Ohio
64 Followers