In the World Away from It All

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Cierra panicked as she began to recite a spell, but the feral beast continued to approach her menacingly. She knew she had to do something, or she was next. Thesipha panicked trying to get him to calm down. The sight of him was grotesque and terrifying but she could see the pain in his eyes. She loved him even in his worst form, and she longed to tell him everything would be alright. But on the contrary, she did not want him to stop. If he was still in there somewhere, he needed to kill this bitch before she killed them.

Cierra's magic began to work. She was casting some type of compelling spell that was suppressing the beast. She was trying to turn him human again so she could finish him. Ray winced in pain as his bones cracked and he stopped moving. Thesipha could see him struggle between human and beast and she called out to him.

"Ray, if you can hear me. It's okay to bring him out. He is part of you, you just need to learn how to embrace it." Her words distracted Cierra who stopped chanting and turned to shut her up, but the plan had worked too well.

By the time Cierra was turning back to face Ray and continue her binding incantation, this bought Thesipha time to cast a spell that weakened the ropes around her. Once the restrictive magic was removed, she worked on slipping out of her bindings. The roars of the werewolf engulfed the entire town as the people watched in horror from the safety of their homes and stores.

Thesipha caught Cierra by surprise punching her in the face and she fell to the ground. The werewolf jumped forward, drool falling from its gnashing maw. Thesipha could see its large canines, crooked and vicious canines. It stood before her breathing heavily and she thought it was going to attack her, but instead, it turned to Cierra who began to beg for her life while dragging her body across the road to get away from him. Thesipha watched as the wolf got closer to her face and then let out a loud growl and she looked away as he began to tear her apart. Soon Cierra's screams turned into choking gargles of blood.

Thesipha screeched, crying in fear. Even though she knew it had to be done, it was still horrible. She was shaking as the bloody beast walked towards her and faced her. She saw the blood dripping to the floor from his mouth and knew she was next. She coiled up begging him not to hurt her but felt something different in him. It was the guilt he felt for scaring her and she realized that he too was scared so she gathered her courage and reached out her hand. The werewolf watched her carefully before backing away. The beast yowled and cried in agony as the fur covered flesh fell from its form and the horrible features of the beast fell away and gave way to Ray. Ray emerged from the fur and flesh covered in blood and exhausted. His eyes seemed empty. Thesipha let out a victorious cry as a naked Ray fell into her arms, shivering like a newborn faun. The nymph took off her jacket and covered him with a faint smile.

"We did it Ray," she whispered, holding him in her arms.

******

Delilah woke up feeling like a princess because that was what she had chosen for her outfit today. Halloween was the best time of the year for her because she got to choose who she wanted to be. She loved to play pretend, and this was the only day everyone was allowed to do so, even her parents.

"Daddy! You're not supposed to wear your costume in the morning!" She laughed when she saw him dressed like a lumberjack. It was her idea as well as her mother's. She ran to her mother when she saw her wearing the waitress outfit while making breakfast.

Before they heard Delilah's hurried footsteps, they had shared a joyous kiss by the kitchen sink. The choice of outfits was more a choice of occupation than a Halloween outfit. They had gotten married a few weeks after they got back from Portlock. They wasted no time consummating their vows and could not stop since.

"You look beautiful, Mom!" She hugged her then went to her father and hugged him as well.

"Daddy, will you drive me to school today?" She had her mother's inflection of curiosity and confidence, and Ray could never say no to either one of them. Getting to know Delilah had been the best thing that had ever happened to him. She was truly as beautiful and perfect as Thesipha had told him; she was his little girl, his princess to protect.

He cried when he met her for the first time, and he wanted to cry every day he woke up with his family. Ray was scared that they would not get along but the moment they met they hit it off. They had an unspoken bond. Thesipha was right; he saw more of himself in her every day. She was a bit of both of them. Even though she had taken more of the human features, her ears were a little bit pointy like her mother's and she'd inherited her freckles and red hair. Sometimes he could not believe that they made a person together.

"Daddy, are you coming trick or treating tonight with me and Mommy?" Delilah looked into her father's eyes innocently.

Looking at that little girl and the woman in front of him, he saw his whole world. Absolutely nothing was worth being away from them ever again.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world, Del." Ray smiled. Thesipha watched the two of them finally content with her life. She'd managed to come back with Ray in one piece happy she too could keep that promise to Delilah.

"Awww, that's so sweet, but aren't we supposed to be spooky today?" Vicky said as she came down the stairs. She was dressed as the Wicked Witch of the West from her favorite film, the Wizard of Oz. Delilah laughed cheekily, shaking her head.

Thesipha and Ray could not thank her enough for everything she had done for them. If not for her they would never have had the chance to reunite. She was the glue that stuck this whole chaotic world together. Ray saw in these two women who raised his daughter a sisterly bond that transcended everything. He was going to do everything in his power to protect this family even if it cost him his life.

"I seriously need to get myself a man. I can't take this lovey dovey shite anymore. You two lovebirds kept me up all night. Maybe try keeping it down?" Vicky whispered to Thesipha as she picked a cup from the cupboard. They both had a hearty laugh before teasing each other some more.

For all the darkness and foul rot in the world, it couldn't exist without a ray of light or the sweet scent of goodness.

The End.