All Comments on 'Indentured Pt. 03'

by RalphyNJ

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

Nice story. Bit of a circle of life there.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

I admit to not liking the idea of having Owen move on with Chris, it felt disloyal to Douglas. Yet you handled the issue delicately, and with sensitivity showing how one heart can grow to have two loves. Well done. Though I still believe Jimmy should have been jailed. Also being that Owen was the youngest male sibling, and lived to his 70's would not the other family members have passed on before him?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Owen

I did love the whole story and I am glad it had a happy ending, yes i am sappy

RalphyNJRalphyNJalmost 9 years agoAuthor
Reply re Family

This is RalphyNJ responding to the anonymous question about whether Owen's family would not have passed away by now, since Owen was in his late seventies and was the youngest male.

Your question is legitimate, but the story specifies that the bequest was to Owen's family, without reference to any specific members other than Jimmy, who would now be in his early 80's. People in that country, as in many others, often live into their 80's. Some of his other siblings, such as sisters, could also be alive. Consider that in addition, the family would by now probably include grandchildren, who would most likely inherit a deceased parent's bequest, as well as cousins who might also have been included in the will.

Thanks to everyone who has commented on this and my other stories. If time permitted, I would happily respond to each one.

RalphyNJ

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Overall...

-A really well done story. All of your stories are so enjoyable, however this one due to it's passage in time; takes the cake.

canndcanndalmost 9 years ago

Overall sweet tale.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Jesus Law override the Old Testament

The New Testament override the Old Testament in creating laws, that we as Christians should follow.

Old Testament: Exodus 21:24

eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,

Then later in the New Testament: Matthew 5:38-48

38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’ 39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. 40 And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. 41 If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. 42 Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

These two obviously conflict each other.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

delightful .jonathan x

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Beautiful

Really enjoyed reading this story. You're an amazing writer.

Bluepoohstar08Bluepoohstar08over 2 years ago

absolutely loved this story

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous