Indiscreet while Undercover

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Brandy ... I want to say something important. My Myers-Briggs personality tests suggest that I am an ISTJ. That means I am reserved, practical, loyal, orderly, and traditional. In other words, I think carefully before I make decisions. The point is, other than family, I have never told a woman that I loved her before. The words: 'I love you' seem to be inadequate because what I want to add is that I am certain I will love you, forever; that I want to be with you, forever; and I will want no one else but you, forever. As a result of this certainty, I can see no point in waiting any longer ... Brandy, once this job is over, would you like to come away with me? Will you marry me?"

As I had been talking, I watched Brandy's expression for an indication of how my declaration was being received. As I had been speaking her face was filled with delight. It was only after I had finished that I sensed a problem. There was no magical answer and the longer I waited, the more my chest tightened.

I am not an extrovert and not normally talkative, but as the silent seconds continued, I realized I had been overhasty. "I am sorry ... I should give you time to consider ..."

"I do love you also Wyatt ... I am just a little conflicted. I want to say yes and start living our dream life together ... it is just ... do we know each other well enough? I have told you barely anything about my past ..."

I supposed she was referring to her work as a hooker, so as adamantly as I could I emphasized: "I don't care about your past ..."

"Wyatt ... you don't even know my real name. Do you really think my name is Brandy Alexander?"

I then realized: "Of course, you are right."

But I wasn't prepared to give up. I didn't want her getting further involved with Earl and crime, so with a sense of desperation I asked: "Will you at least come away with me ... so we get to know each other better?"

"The other problem is that I would never be happily married if I was always worried about you being arrested. If you give up this job, including the weapons transfer tomorrow, I will come away with you?"

This was not what I had expected. I was trying to get her to leave crime behind, so I appreciated that she had the same motivation; it just was awkward given the situation with my job. I paused to consider this option further. I wanted Brandy, but if I walked away now, I would have sacrificed five months of undercover work, killed five people, aided in the heist of an armored truck, missed the opportunity to snare weapons smugglers and aided the delivery of anti-tank rockets to anarchists or terrorists. Even for Brandy, I couldn't be that selfish.

"You know I have to finish the job."

"No, you don't Wyatt. If it's the money, I also have savings."

For a moment I considered explaining who I really was. Brandy didn't sound as if she would give me away, but could I afford to take such an unnecessary risk.

Desperately grasping for plausible reasons, I added: "It's a matter of principle that I complete the job. I made a commitment."

I thought she would understand this, but she didn't say anything further. I could see the disappointment in her face although she no longer looked at me. She directed her attention to the plate in front of her and finished her meal.

I couldn't give any justifiable reason why I should give higher priority to the job in preference to a life with her, so I said nothing further. I just hung onto the hope that in three days' time when it was all over, she would understand and forgive me.

For the remainder of dinner our conversation seemed forced and superficial. Brandy wasn't unpleasant; however her spark was not as vibrant. I gathered she was deep in thought. I had an overwhelming sense of regret, but I didn't know what to do about it.

Once we returned to our room, I decided I should prepare for tomorrow as it would be an early start. I fetched my pistol from the safe, grabbed my cleaning kit from my bag and gave my pistol a slow meticulous clean.

While I had been engaged with cleaning, Brandy watched TV. Her eyes were on the screen, but she was not really listening as she did not react to any of the comic moments portrayed in the show.

Before I secured the pistol, I also wiped clean some rounds and refilled the magazine. It was now ready for tomorrow.

I ensured the alarm was set for an early wake up and then cleaned my teeth before going to bed.

I was now feeling awkward. It was as if I couldn't assume anything about our relationship. I undressed, fully, and then without show I slipped under the sheet and lay down. Through it all Brandy did not react.

It was perhaps ten minutes later that Brandy turned off the TV and went to the bathroom. When she returned, she was naked. She turned off the room light and then slipped into the other side of the bed.

I waited with heightened anticipation and silently rejoiced when she lay her arm across my chest. She then nestled her head into my shoulder. I immediately responded by placing an arm under her body and clasping her arm against my chest.

"Wyatt ..." Brandy began. "I am sorry I didn't say yes to your proposal, but understand I haven't said, no. For the moment, can you just accept that I do love you?"

I turned my head slightly and gave her a kiss on the forehead before answering: "I love you too and I will wait until we know each other better and you are ready." I considered asking for her real name, but then remembered it was better for reporting purposes if I did not know.

Instead, I stated: "Actually, I don't think I know anyone's full name. Do you?"

"I know the names of Earl, Terry, Victor and Tyrone as I helped Rosie pay them through bank transfers. I don't know the last name of Bill as he, like you, has only been with Earl for less than a fortnight. I only learnt your name was Wyatt Spence when we checked in."

"Can I ask you to stay here until I return? It may be after the Tuesday sale of weapons or it could even be tomorrow night, depending on what Earl expects of me? We have the room until Wednesday morning. I just don't want you getting further involved in this job."

If you expect me to pull out, why can't you?

Once again, I considered spilling all my secrets to her. I decided my best argument would be to ignore her question. Stubbornly I asked again: "Will you wait here for me?"

Her sense of frustration was obvious as she yielded: "Yes! I will wait. But what if something goes wrong?"

"Is there some way that I can contact you later?"

Brandy waited before suggesting: "I have a good friend that acts as an answering service. She will not be able to contact me, but if you leave her a message, I will be able to phone her to receive it. Just leave your name and tell her where and when you want us to meet."

"What are the details?"

"Her name is Julia. Her number is 828-294-7361."

"Julia, 828-294-7361. Got it."

Then more seductively, Brandy whispered: "That is enough talking. I need you to make love to me."

I needed little persuasion, although I knew our discussions hadn't really provided the right mood. I took my time rectifying this matter. I started rubbing her body wherever I could reach. This included her shoulder, much of her back, hip and thigh. Everywhere I touched, her skin was smooth like silk or satin.

Our kisses started as short pecks, but soon they blossomed into lingering caresses. I cuddled her body close to mine as I continued touching with my free hand. I was enjoying the feel of our chests pressed together; her twin cushions of flesh pressing into me. I was not going to rush this exquisite intimacy.

We regularly broke to smile and breath, but I quickly returned for her sizzling kisses. With open mouth my tongue delved deeply to be welcomed with equal hunger. There was total acceptance as we shared saliva and taste.

My fingers rubbed between her thighs and easily slid around her lubricated pussy. Rubbing the area gently, I penetrated her vagina with one finger and then easily a second. Her reaction demonstrated her obvious eagerness for this and more.

Still holding her, I rolled on top. As I did, her legs spread so I lay between them placing my demanding penis on target. I lifted onto my elbows to remove some weight from her chest, but this also gave me the purchase to control my measured penetration.

Her vagina was warm and slick, however tonight I wanted our love making to last. As I slowly deepened, I again felt the security of home. I tried to note every sense and emotion that was radiating through my body and soul.

Brandy gazed at me through partially closed eyes. We were totally united as we both started to ride together. There was no need to hurry as I just wanted her to absorb the gift of my love. Somehow this act of coupling needed to be more than just pleasure. It was to be evidence of my pledged devotion.

While I had restrained our tempo to delay our culmination, eventually we were both lathered in sweat and humping vigorously. In my absolute bliss I was uncertain which of us climaxed first, but we were soon writhing in happy delirium.

With almost total loss of strength, I slid to her side and embraced her hot body. Snuggling into the back of her neck I reiterated: "I love you."

She replied: "I love you too." I was soon sound asleep.

The alarm woke me early on Sunday. I wanted to ensure that I was not rushed and mentally prepared for anything that might happen. The awful buzzing of the clock must have woken Brandy, but she lay doggo as I stumbled out of bed and went to the bathroom.

I was dressed and had retrieved my pistol ready to leave by the time Brandy stirred. She sat up against the bedhead and watched me close my bag. "I will take my gear with me just in case Earl needs me for the next phase, but I expect I will be back here tonight. You will wait for me even if it is not until Wednesday morning, won't you? It could be a long drive back from Utah."

"OK."

Brandy was looking morosely at me. Of course, she didn't want me to go which I rationalized was a good sign for our future. Then as an afterthought, she added: "Don't let Earl know how well we have got on. I have had to repeatedly tell him that I would never get involved with him or anyone else. He may not take kindly to our relationship."

"Thanks for the warning." There didn't seem to be anything else to say, so I explained: "I will go now. I will just get a quick breakfast downstairs before I depart. Goodbye ... I love you!"

Suddenly she leapt from the bed, still naked, and wrapped herself about me. The kiss was hard and desperate as she squeezed me tightly for about half a minute. She then let me go and said: "Please be safe."

I looked into her watery eyes and replied: "Of course."

"Now go."

As I closed the door, she was still standing there in the room watching me. Downstairs I had a quick feed of some juice, muffins and coffee.

I was soon in the Ford pickup driving west down Garden Grove Freeway heading for Long Beach. I was glad that I had allowed extra time as there was thick fog that slowed the traffic.

I turned on the radio to catch the news, but otherwise I wasn't really listening. I wanted the time to contemplate how my life had changed over these two days. Brandy had all the qualities I needed in a lifelong partner. How incongruous it was that I found these qualities in a hooker. However, I still had to get her to say yes. Would that be difficult?

Then it hit me. That last kiss from Brandy was a farewell. But why?

"Perhaps I was just a plaything to occupy her time? No! I dismissed that idea knowing she couldn't fake that emotion and our compatibility. Maybe I was worrying for no reason.

In any case I didn't have time to further mull the situation as I approached the Freeway exit to 7th Street and Long Beach. The fog here was much thicker and I presumed it would hinder helicopter surveillance.

I pulled up at the carpark at 7.10 am and turned off the radio to wait quietly. The news didn't cover our heist. It seems news becomes old very quickly in a big city.

Fifteen minutes later I was joined by the GMC. Victor was driving. Earl retrieved the blue bag from his back seat and placed in on the seat behind me. He then waved to Victor and hopped into the passenger seat beside me.

"Are you ready, Wyatt?

"Sure. I assume you have the phone charged and ready for the call?"

"Yeah ... all's good. Has everything been fine with you?"

"Fine ... just very boring."

"Didn't Brandy keep you entertained."

"She was engrossed in magazines and television."

"Yeah ... she has amazing looks, but is as cold as ice," Earl concluded. "For a gal that is only interested in making fast money, she is the pickiest whore I have ever met. You know she vets all her potential clients and has refused quite a few of my regulars. Although now I think about it, being selective allows her to demand high prices."

Strangely, I suddenly had my first pang of jealousy thinking about Brandy with other men.

Earl continued rambling on: "I questioned one of her 'John's' about his experience. He raved about her saying that she made him feel like the center of the universe. She appeared so devoted to him that he actually asked her to marry him. He said it was the sweetest refusal he could ever imagine."

This conversation was making me feel uncomfortable. Had Brandy just done the same thing to me. I had never had these insecurities before. Of course, I had never fallen in love before. As I could do nothing about it, I resolved to focus on the job.

I had reversed parked to enable me to watch for arriving vehicles, so I was taken by surprise when what looked like a ten-year-old boy approached from behind the vehicle. He tapped on my window. Once I unwound it, he passed me a note before running off.

"What does it say?" Earl asked.

"Drive onto I-710 North and then take I-405 South. You will then receive a phone call." I looked at Earl and he nodded. As I started the vehicle, I said: "I suspect they will have us tailed to ensure we are alone."

"Keep an eye out, but just play it cool," was his response. I was also looking out to see if the Bureau was following us, as helicopters would be useless in this fog. I just hoped the Bureau would remain discrete as it was obvious that Miguel didn't take any chances.

We had just made the turn onto I-405 when the cell phone rang. Earl answered and I waited for him to pass on any instructions. He then repeated them back to the caller on the phone: "Take Exit 18 then turn north onto Goldenwest Street. Keep travelling north until you see a Budget truck rental parked on the left. Let it get in front, then follow it."

We followed the instructions and easily picked up the Budget truck. I slowed just marginally as it pulled out in front of us. We travelled under a freeway then turned right, left, right and left again until we arrived at a Recycle Center marked closed. We followed the truck inside. The building had plenty of open space and several conveyors running down one side.

The Budget truck stopped beside palleted stacks of paper and cardboard. I turned about so that I could drive straight out when needed. I assumed that the weapons were on the Budget truck, so I parked so that our tails were a short distance apart.

Two men carrying M16 rifles greeted us as we stopped. Two other armed men dismounted from the Budget truck. A minute later a grey Jeep Wagoneer entered the building followed by a blue Nissan Altima. These had obviously been following us at some stage. I recognized Miguel as he alighted from the Jeep. The building's doors were then closed.

I scanned the whole area looking for exits, cover and then I counted Miguel's men. The building was a drive through facility so there were large truck doors at either end. There were three swing doors on the street side of the building. One was to offices while the other two doubled as fire exits. The area was very sterile with large areas of vacant concrete floor. The only cover would be behind the pallets of paper stacked three tiers high or the conveyors. Miguel's team numbered nine men.

Given the rigmarole of our route to this location and the covering fog, I didn't expect that the Bureau would be able to intervene during this transaction. Consequently, I tried to memorize the license numbers of the Jeep and Nissan.

Earl stood facing Miguel. I stood beside him while Miguel's men positioned themselves evenly about us. Earl started: "Are we ready to trade?"

"Have you the money?" Miguel responded. Earl looked at me which I understood as the go ahead to retrieve the blue bag.

Once I had it, I asked: "Where would you like it?"

Miguel signaled to one of his men who opened the rear door of the Budget truck. Carrying the blue bag, I approached his man who took it and placed it on the floor of the truck. He unzipped it fully and folded the bag open so he could examine all the notes. I stood there watching as he thumbed through most of the piles checking that they were legitimate.

While he pulled out pencil and paper to record the number of bundles and types before calculating a total, I perused the remainder of the truck. Inside were two wooden crates bound in wire and with shipping labels marked Nammo Norway. On the top I could read: ROCKETS AMMUNITION WITH EXPLOSIVE PROJECTILES. The side of the box nearest to me indicated it contained 66mm ROCKETS HEAT with Lot, Weight and Date details.

"It seems correct, boss," the man called out referring to the money.

Miguel made another nod to a bearded man. This time he produced a pry bar that he used to bend back the wire ties and pull the lid off the top box. Inside there were three fiberboard boxes. "Pick one," the bearded man ordered.

I pointed to the left. He then pulled this inner pack out and opened an end to show five tubes. I grabbed one of them and felt the weight of the M72 that had been an inseparable friend for over six months on operations.

I turned to Earl and said: "This looks familiar. Do you want them all checked?" Earl just shook his head to answer. The bearded man and I then reconditioned the packaging.

"If you are satisfied ..." Miguel questioned "... then Daniel can help your man load the weapons."

"Wait a minute," Earl called. "Wyatt, load that top box in the truck and then check the second box also."

The bearded man helped me carry the top box to the Ford and then we went through the same check of the bottom box. Everything looked kosher. This additional checking added another ten minutes to our transfer delaying our departure. This delay would turn out to be significant.

While the bearded man helped me load the second wooden box, Miguel secured his money in his Jeep. Once the box was loaded, Earl shook Miguel's hand and then sat in the passenger's seat. Miguel then told one of his men to open the external door.

To cover the distinctive external marking on the boxes, I started to close the tray roll cover. There was a little dirt in the grooved guides hindering the closure, so I was just standing in the back to fix it when there were shouts and demands.

Standing at the half-opened truck doors were half a dozen armed men wearing dull green body armor emblazoned with ATF Police in bold white font. I think I heard the words 'Federal agents' and 'hands in the air' just before firing broke out. I didn't hang around to record what happened next.

Instinctively I jumped out of the vehicle and scampered between the pallets of paper. The pallets had been stacked with small gaps between the two rows. I found a small cavity as a cacophony of shooting began. It wasn't just the continual rattle of firing; there was the noise of ricochets hitting metal and concrete.

The intensity and duration of the fusillade indicated there was excessive covering fire and probably little care given to aiming. From the direction, I presumed it was mainly Miguel's men trying to provide sufficient intimidation to make their escape. There were then larger explosions as the ATF burst open the side swing doors. This change of angle put Miguel's men in more danger, but it also placed me near the center of crossfire.

1...456789