Infidelity at Double Cross Ranch

Story Info
What happens with a cheating wife in the Old West.
12k words
4.42
56.2k
57
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is a story of romance, adultery, betrayal, consequences and revenge, not necessarily in that order. The setting is in The Old West during the late 1800's. The more the world changes the more it stays the same.

This is entirely fictional with no persons under the age of 18 having sex. I want to express my appreciation to NorthernHunter and baggyuk for advice and editing.

***********

DATE: Summer 1868

LOCATION: Comanche/Kiowa County line in the Red Hills of Southwestern Kansas. Peaceful Valley Ranch was 45 miles southeast of Dodge City. Ten miles to the southeast of Peaceful Valley Ranch was Coldwater, Kansas. In an effort to attract settlers to their town, organizers were misleading in the towns' name of Coldwater. Most of the year the town was a hot, dry, windswept prairie village. Water was a limited resource with only 26 inches of annual rainfall.

STORY: One morning, 20-year-old Charles Bolton loaded the buckboard, left Peaceful Valley Ranch and headed the horses toward Coldwater. He was loaded with several burlap bags of wheat to exchange for flour and other supplies at the General Store. His mother Ester, had given him a piece of cloth as a guide for purchasing several yards of the material for a new dress. His father had some calves he needed to separate from their mothers and stayed at the ranch.

His father, Isaac Bolton was one of many men that served with the 51st Pennsylvania Volunteer Infantry during the Civil War. He watched the wartime carnage and the death of a number of his close friends in the Battle of Petersburg, Virginia. Isaac vowed he wanted to live somewhere quiet, remote and peaceful for the balance of his life.

After reacquainting himself with his wife and five children, Isaac learned about free land for homesteading in Kansas. In the Spring of 1866 Isaac, wife Ester and youngest son Charles loaded their worldly goods on a two-horse Conestoga wagon and started the 1,200 mile walk to Kansas. The two Bolton daughters had already been married off and the older boys did not want to leave Pennsylvania for the prairie.

The Bolton family homesteaded a full section of land comprising of 640 acres as surveyed by the US Government. The signing of the Medicine Lodge Peace Treaty of 1867 mostly calmed the prairie. Peaceful Indians still wandered through the prairie looking for work and food before continuing south to the reservations in Oklahoma. Isaac paid the Indians to collect buffalo chips (sun dried buffalo shit) and stack them for later use in the Bolton's fireplace. Trees, other than in creeks or rivers, were an oddity. The untilled prairie had the appearance of oceans of grass.

This part of the Red Hills, named for the red soil and red rocks, had a number of homesteaders within 5 miles of the Peaceful Valley Ranch. There was only one neighbor to the north, that was the contiguous 6,400-acre ranch owned by Chester Lancor or Big Chet. He got that nick-name by weighing over 300 pounds on a 5-foot 8-inch frame. That was a weight estimate because the only scale that would hold that heavy a man was at the feed store.

His father, also named Chester, had claimed that land in 1867. He arrived with enough money to build an impressive set of buildings with lumber shipped in from Dodge City. Meanwhile, the other ranchers lived in dugouts and sod houses. The elder Chester died in 1868, leaving the ranch to Big Chet. Big Chet's son was a scrawny, short, sharp featured young man aptly nick-named Little Chet. Neighbors laughed as they said that Big Chet ate all their food and starved Little Chet; thus, the small frame. (Those with a Kansas twang pronounced his name as Lit'l Chet). Big Chet's wife, Adelia, died giving birth to Little Chet.

The Chester's named the ranch the Double X Ranch and registered their brand as XX on the left hip of their cattle. Rumor was the elder Chester could not read or write and just put two X's on the State of Kansas Brand Registration form line for name of ranch.

Neighbors called it the double cross ranch for Big Chet's business practices of cheating every time he had the chance. When farmers delivered grain for the cattle, Big Chet found something wrong with it or shorted the weight. When he sold cattle, he showed the buyer his best animals but delivered lame and weak cattle to the buyer's ranch. Since few things were put in writing it was hard to punish a cheater. (At this time in history, many men stated "My word is my bond." Then they shook hands, at least that's what honest men did.)

Double X Ranch had eight cowboys that slept in the bunkhouse and the main house usually had a young Mexican woman as a cook and housekeeper for Big Chet. The turnover of cooks was quite high as they seemed to become pregnant and leave the ranch.

As the tall rangy cowboy walked into Nellies Cloth and Notions Store in Coldwater a half dozen women turned to look him over. From their appearance, all of them were hard working, shapeless farm wives with rough brown hands and stooped backs. That is, all but one young woman; a rose in a patch of drought-stricken weeds. One that was looking straight at him. She smiled and said "I'm sure you'll need some help today, do you know what you're looking for?"

Charles stumbled toward the young woman, so captivated with her fresh beauty he knocked over a display of wooden spools of thread. Dozens of spools clattered and rolled around on the hardwood floor; much to the laughter of the farm wives and the young lady.

Holding out the cloth his mother gave him, a croak of "Four yards please." came out of his mouth.

"My name is Nora and the bolts of cloth are over next to the window. Do I know your mother? What's her name?"

"Ester Bolton and we live at Peaceful Valley Ranch northwest of here."

"I've met her and she will look nice in a new dress of this material. Don't you think so?"

"Oh, yeah she will."

The farm wives giggled as the pretty blond-haired Nora tried to get the tongue-tied Charles to talk to her. Eventually, the women grew bored with the awkward situation and returned to their gossiping.

Another woman came up behind Nora saying "I'm busy cutting the other ladies' cloth, why don't you two go to the drug store and have a sarsaparilla while I'm finishing up here.

Charles broke into a smile saying "Yes Ma'am, it'll be my treat." Nora also smiled as she took off her work apron and started for the door. Just as they stepped on the wooden plank walkway a couple of young men galloped by. Close enough that they raised the dust from the street and treated the couple to the smell of sweaty horses. He instinctively put his arm out to keep Nora from colliding with the horsemen and she was appreciative of the noble gesture.

At the drug store Charles found out that Nora grew up in Dodge City and her parents owned the general store there. Her father, Andrew Windom, was Nellie's brother and he had set Nellie up to own the clothing store in Coldwater. Nora was sent to help her Aunt Nellie run the store.

That was the stated reason anyway; the real reason was that the family thought Dodge City was too rough a town for their daughter. There were more prostitutes than church women in town when the Great Western Cattle Drive terminal was busy in late summer and fall. Dodge City had cattle pens and railroad loading facilities to send cattle to the slaughter plants in Kansas City and Chicago. Thousands of steers were slow marched from Texas to Dodge City every summer. After four months on the dusty trail those hard men wanted whiskey and pussy.

By the time they were 20 years old, half of the girls in Nora's school had worked as whores in the saloons when the cattle drives came to town. It was not their year-round job. Her friends would tell her "Nora, with your blond hair, blue eyes and big tits you could collect a lot of money from the drovers." Her family didn't want that to happen to their lovely daughter.

Aunt Nellie was almost ready to go find Nora as they were gone long enough to have had five sarsaparillas. Just as Nellie walked to the door, the kids came strolling down the boardwalk, laughing and smiling. Nellie was also grinning as she was charged by her brother to find Nora a shopkeeper or farmer to marry.

From then on, Charles took it as his responsibility to do whatever errands that needed to be done in Coldwater. Sometimes that included taking his mother, who soon ascertained Charles's reason for going to town. Ester was very pleased that Charles had found a nice girl.

For the next six months Charles would ride his horse not a buggy to town. His father thought it was unnecessary to have a buggy when a buckboard could fit the family and grain sacks much better. Nellie had a buggy though and Charles and Nora used it to go out together on Sunday picnics. One sunny day, they found a tree shaded spot next to Mule Creek for their picnic. At least that is what they told their families.

First thing to be opened was a large banket that they laid on the grass. They couldn't wait to taste each other's mouth and neck. Looking into Nora's bright blue eyes he started to unbutton her blouse The blouse and chemise came off, exposing her full ripe breasts. Charles quickly put his lips on her breasts then alternated from kissing to nursing on her extended nipples and back again.

Soon they were naked in the warm summer breeze, making things even warmer by their passionate activities. Nora purred "Would you like to kiss and make love to my pussy?

There was no verbal answer to her question. Charles pushed his face directly between her velvet like thighs and started kissing everything that contacted his lips. After a few minutes she gently used both her hands to lift up his head and slippery face. "Is this the first pussy you've ever kissed?"

"Yeah, and I'm having a wonderful time. How about you?"

"I love your enthusiasm Charles and I'm really happy to be your first. Would you mind if I gave you some lessons on how to treat my vagina?"

"I'll take all the schoolin' you can give me." came with a big smile.

Every 15 minutes for the next hour Nora was able to guide her man to providing her with a very good orgasm. Not "howl at the moon" orgasm but very nice ones.

"OK Big Boy. Time for me to pay you back for doing so well on your first lesson."

She pulled the blanket up against the tree and sat so she could rest her back on the tree. "Come her lover." she beckoned. He crawled on his hands and knees expecting to put his overheated cock in her mouth.

Instead, she grabbed his hips and turned him around away from her. "Now sit down and lean your back against my tits." He loved the feel of her erect nipples on his back but wondered how they were going to fuck in this position.

She reached around his waist and started rubbing on his dick; slowly up and down with pressure changing from the bottom side to the top and back again. It was obvious to Charles that she knew how to make a man scream in pleasure. He wasn't thinking because every nerve ending was flashing signs to his dick. He thought he would die when she used her thumb on the bottom of his shaft. Only to her have her grab and slightly twist the cap, again nerve endings went wild.

"It's time to finish this boy off." she thought. She began stroking him like he strokes himself while looking at the Sears & Roebuck ladies underwear pages. She started fondling his balls and chewing on his ears, knowing his end was near.

"Show me how high you can squirt. Show me now. Come on Charles. Now"

His head flew back, grabbing hands full of grass and dirt as he trumpeted "UUUUUUUGGGGHHH!" The first salvo was two feet high, followed by one foot then just above his bright red dick. She started scraping any splashes of his semen from his chest with her fingers and lovingly sucked it off. She was caressing her lover, rewarding him for his excellent performance. She was impressed and thought. "I believe that this guy has possibilities."

An hour after touching and kissing one another they drove the buggy back to town.

Over the next few months, the two lovers reenacted similar sexual activities. Charles was getting better at pleasing her pussy and she continued with tricks to make his dick shoot cum straight up. There was no dick in pussy activity; she pleased him to the point he didn't even think that anything else could be better.

Eventually Charles said "Not that I'm complaining, but why don't we have sex with my dick in your pussy? My friends all tell me how great it is. I love what we do and how we do it but I was just wondering."

"Charles, I'm a virgin. No man has ever had his dick in me."

"Wow, I never would've thought that. You seem to know all about making my dick explode. How'd you know what to do?"

"I didn't tell you that you were the first guy I have pleasured with my hands. Just that I've never fucked anybody. I saw so many of my school friends get pregnant by some wondering cowboy. He gets what he wants then rides off on another cattle drive and never sees her again. Now what's she going to do? Live in the poor house or be an up-the-stairs saloon whore? That's not the life for me."

"When I get married, I will happily give up my virginity to my husband. However, he will be a man who loves me and will provide me with a good life. If you don't want to be the one, tell me now."

"Your decision on this is fine with me. I do have one question for you though. Is anyone else getting your non-fucking magic dick activity?"

"NO! No one else has been anywhere near my pussy or hands since we started our courtship."

"That's great Nora because I really love you."

"I love you too Charles."

After riding home, he told his delighted parents that he planned on marrying Nora and needed to start building a house to be their home.

Now Charles went about asking Nora to marry him. Under the shade trees of Mule Creek, he got down on his knee and asked her to be his wife. A question she answered in the affirmative with a squeal and a hug that knocked him backward on the ground. His only disappointment in the day was that she still wouldn't give up her virginity to her betrothed. She did reward her fiancé with a spectacular blow job that included showing him the large amount of bubbling cum in her mouth before swallowing it with a big smile

Charles used Aunt Nelly's buggy to drive Nora to Peaceful Valley Ranch to have dinner with his family and show her where he was going to build her house. It wouldn't be a big house but it was built so additions could be added on as additions to the family arrived.

Charles showed Nora his plans for the outbuildings but first he had to dig a few wells so they would have drinkable water. The pig pen would be to the east of the house because east winds in Kansas were rare. The chicken house would be close to their home so she would not have to walk very far each day to gather eggs. Cattle barn and corrals were last on the list for construction. When all the buildings were staked to the perfect place, Charles erected the all-important outdoor toilet.

The good wheat crop that summer paid for the lumber to build a small house a half mile from Isaac and Ester's.

The fall wedding was a treat for their families and the neighbors. A traveling Methodist minister making his rounds in southwestern Kansas preformed the ceremony and the new barn provided the setting for the wedding dance.

Nora thought the best wedding present she received was from her father; a package of lambskin condoms with cute ribbons to hold them securely on Charles' dick. It took several minutes of laughing and teasing before the newlyweds properly placed the baby retardant on his steel hard dick. She reminded him that baby making would come later, not on her honeymoon.

Like most newlyweds they couldn't keep their hands off of each other. Charles laughed as he walked to their house after evening chores; seeing a clothesline of cleaned condoms fluttering in the breeze. He really did love that sex hungry woman.

Eventually, one of the condoms broke, got loose or just plain wore out with the expected result. Now they were expecting. It was not a terribly pleasant time for Nora. The glow of a pregnant woman does not become evident when she has her head in a bucket, throwing up the latest meal. The musty smell of the chicken house while she was gathering eggs did not help her retain solid nourishment.

She did appreciate how much Charles helped her during this time. He was very attentive to her afflictions and she loved him even more for doing as much as he could for her. She knew he worked very hard from dawn to past sundown but still had enough energy to attend to her.

Even though it was hard on his wife, Charles loved Nora being pregnant because when she felt good enough, he got to cum barebacked into her pussy. Nora also loved when her pussy felt her husband's wide sturdy dick was sliding up and down her clit. With a fear of pregnancy gone, she wanted as much fucking as she could get out of her husband.

*****

After several hours of screaming, cursing and crying, about 8 pounds of baby boy pushed his way into the world. Ester and one of the neighbor ladies did most of the midwife work as Isaac rode to Coldwater to fetch the doctor to the ranch.

As to be expected, two years later a lambskin condom had a blowout and Nora was pregnant again. She was not as pleased as she was the first time. The morning sickness was just as bad as the first time. Unlike other women, she did not enjoy being pregnant.

A second son by the name of Edwin was born and the pussy fucking ceased. Nora no longer had any faith in condoms; maybe if they weren't reused so many times the effectiveness would have improved.

After a few months of Nora wanking off her husband both of them were frustrated with their sexual activity. The discussions were frank and questioning. Charles presented an idea "Why don't we just use your butt hole for sex. I've seen an enema bulb in the drug store for constipation, you can get clean then we can fuck."

Reaching out, Nora grabbed and shook his stocky dick then said "You think you can get this thick chunk of love muscle into my tight ass? You'll have all your precious cattle scattering for miles as I scream from the pain."

Both of then frowned at each other then she had an idea. "Let's try a test run. Not a dry run because a dry asshole would not work for me."

The boys were fast asleep in their room as she took the kerosene lamp into the kitchen. She grabbed the can she was looking for and pranced back into their bedroom.

As she held the can up to his face he exclaimed "Lard, you want to put pork lard up your ass?"

"Yeah, why not? You put it in your mouth almost every meal."

They looked at each other for a few seconds then started laughing and giggling.

Nora crawled onto her hands and knees, pulling her nightgown to her shoulders.

"Now?" questioned Charles.

"Sure, this is just the test run to see if the lard makes me slick enough for you to enter. Use your thick fingers and see what happens. I've seen your arm shoulder deep in a cow's pussy to pull out a calf so don't get all squirmy with me."

Laughing he dipped two fingers of lard and started rubbing it around her rosebud. As she became familiar with his touch, he gradually started pushing with one finger against the stubborn muscles. As she relaxed it became easier for him to move the knuckles deeper into her bowel. At that point she started to moan, not from pain but subtle unusual pleasure.

Getting the two fingers in was a little more work, after all, it was twice as big as just one. As the lard melted in the heat of her ass, everything became slicker and finger number two slid in beside number one. The two fingers were not as long as his dick but he started to provide her with in and out motion. Her moans and breathing increased as she was sensing pleasure from his penetration.