All Comments on 'Infidelity at Double Cross Ranch'

by Sunshineman2019

Sort by:
  • 38 Comments
Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraalmost 2 years ago

Good, historically accurate story. One minor quibble is that everything in what's known now as Oklahoma was known then as the Indian Territory or, as it's written on some of my ancestors' birth certificates and other documents - mainly tribal documents - as I.T. It was often referred to as simply "the nations" alluding to the fact that the territory was home of the Five Civilized Tribes and lesser nations of Indians. Overall, the Indian territory was a dangerous and lawless place. Any lawman patrolling the nations was warned against venturing west of the "dead line" (the MKT rail line that bisected the state north to south), so named because of the implied threat to lawmen. And then there's the panhandle, which is another fascinating story in itself. Thanks for writing these high quality stories!! 5++++/5!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 2 years ago

Interesting story!

5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

what a dumb selfish bitch. she got her just desert

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

"Screeching White Woman"

damned if that don't sound like my Mother In Law LOL

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

your setting was old west, but your narratives sounded like people talk and act today. That was a major error in the story. No woman like Nora would have many friends who got pregnant by cowboys or had the sexual experience you write in. your story. It was a 21st century tale, placed back about 140 years and it didn't work.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 2 years ago

Little predictable but we’ll done. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Couple of small things, not telling the reader who Nellie is and leaving out the "Kyle said" and "Connor said" bits but all in all nicely done.

Good story, well told.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nice job - good story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

With no modern forensics and sparse population, I love the fact the nitpickers have nothing to complain about Charles being found out by some DNA evidence left behind. This is just a fabulous burn in every sense of the word.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989almost 2 years ago

Great story, well written. Can't say they didn't deserve what they got.

straightshooter1958straightshooter1958almost 2 years ago

A modicum of research into period vernacular would have paid off bigtime, i.e. "French Letter" or "sheath" were common slang for condom.

muskyboymuskyboyalmost 2 years ago

Not a loving wives story. No revenge, just sad endings. Not much romance, affection or even any emotion.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Pretty good story but it's simply not something I want to read in the LW section on a porn site. If it's a western I'll pick up a Zane Grey novel or watch an old John Wayne movie.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wow I take it your a Kansan from around the medicine lodge / coldwater area ? I’m from Hutchinson and absolutely loved this tale as a result . Of course finding the topography to be correct I must make the assumption that you reside in the area ? I also wanted to point out that though your writing a story about an area I know so well as I worked in the construction of the gypsum plant in Sun City while staying in an old boarding house in Coldwater and did my near nightly pool playing and beer drinking in Protection , also when I was in middle school my best friends family moved to Medicine Lodge and I would go there and spend a couple weeks of the summers with them and was privileged to be there and attend one of the peace treaty pageants held every 4years . Thank you for bringing such a interesting well written gem of a story into my backyard and jostling many fond memories !

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreealmost 2 years ago

Interesting story.

A strong plot, well written.

The epilogue was the ising on the cake.

Top ratings from me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Thank you, great story. I have been reading books by Louis L'Amour, reminded me of his work. To all those detractor comments, get a grip!

BaggyUKBaggyUKalmost 2 years ago

Enjoyed that thank you. I could agree the language was a little modern for the time but that didn't detract from the entertainment of the story for me, which is why I'm here. (Not sure how I got the edit credit at the start as I've never seen this work before but have advised historically so hopefully that helped). Anyway thanks again for your work 4*.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Slut! karma is a bitch

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

the horses could have been draft horses, they could have been replaced with oxen. per history a blond squaw would have been kept out of sight of the gov't worker especially producing 9 kids. as far as being a loving wofe she cheated openly to all concerned, even her own husband. Tombstone accepted many widows as whores since they had to other recourse. what do you think happens to most women even today that have their husbands and male family members killed by soldiers or bandits. This writer did a good job.

CHUCK2468CHUCK2468almost 2 years ago

Enjoyed the story. The revenge was very weak considering what was done to him. 4* would have been a 5 but, like i said the revenge was piss poor.

NorthHunterNorthHunteralmost 2 years ago

So not being one for historical fiction, this story was great and I thoroughly enjoyed it! Well written and well told from the narrative perspective. It did evoke emotion in me like, "that fucking faithless bitch" and "kill that bastard Little Chet but bull whip him first". Well done Sunshineman I enjoyed that!!! I still don't understand what some anonymous people don't get about fiction?

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66almost 2 years ago

Enjoyed this story a lot! I was not bothered by the modern language. 5 stars

juanviejojuanviejoalmost 2 years ago

I LOVED IT! THIS GIVES BURN THE BITCH A WHOLE NEW MEANING!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This was GREAT... Keep going and forget the A/O's and sharpshooters they will always be there. Thanks again

lukeey90lukeey90almost 2 years ago

What a simple revenge! Fire and everything fell into place.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I was born in 1942 and I have been told I'm

1/6 American Indian. I never knew what tribe

However the (Missouri Tribe) (NW) state of Missouri

is likely the one.

My mother Dob 1915 told me a few family stories.

Those stories leads me to believe many disputes were settled

similar to this story. I now live a little Southwest of Kansas City Missouri

in KANSAS (Olathe)

Gave this story a BIG 5

Those large wagons were pulled by OXEN, Draft Size Horses, And MULES

Oxen were preferred because when food is scarce You can always butcher a OXEN

for food. yep You just start west with extra Oxen pulling.

deep wagon ruts still exist a couple miles from my house. SANTA FEE Trail

Crusader235Crusader235almost 2 years ago

Excellent tale. Really to bad Lil Chet & Nora didn't know how they was truly fucked over. Five stars. Sure would like to read about Nora's life, and being by the savages. Screeching White woman indeed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

,nine kids, and five lived? That's the best punishment yet. A tribal whore! I don't know, though, all that cock, she probably got so much fucking, she could take four or five at a time, no wonder they never knew who th fathers were. Good storyline. Keep writing.

XYZ

kamdev99008kamdev99008almost 2 years ago

Amazing

Interesting story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The story had possibilities but revenge by fire made it unacceptable.

WillowghbyWillowghbyover 1 year ago
A Fun Anachronism

Yeah, yeah, yeah, all of the purist commenters have plenty of negatives to share, and many are probably correct. However, I don't advise they look to LW on Lit for their nineteenth century research material.

Enjoyed the story. Fun BTB without the use of Black Ops warrior buddies or sending slaves to Mexican whorehouses. The good guys win and the bad guys meet a rough end. My imagination saw the story in black & white, just like the old westerns.

Keep 'em comin'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Almost all caught up now with Sunshineman2019's ouevre. Just have the most recent one, "Heart Attack Then Heartbreak" to go. When I saw this was set in 1868, and was third person, didn't expect all that much. But this writer's batting average has been through the roof, and "Infidelity At Double Cross Ranch" extends the streak, easily earning an enthusiastic QuickMagazine 5. Though all the punches were telegraphed in advance, least to me, that didn't make them any less satisfying. Anyone who would object to Charles setting that fire is either someone who thinks that a man at that time would (or should) have taken his cuckoldry lying down, or is just being unrealistic about what tools could be available to a man in his position. The Lancor's more or less owned the town, so only guerilla action would stand a chance. That he succeeded beyond his plans was just a bonus for Charles, and justice was served on both Chet's and on Nora. Charles' actions reminded me a bit of the extreme measures that the protagonist in Legio_Patria_Nostra's "The Talk Leads To Explosive End" had to take -- even though in the LPN case, with ambivalence after the fact. Don't think Charles regretted anything here, but those were rougher times. Anyway, not to beat a dead horse here, so to speak, but once again, got to say it, Sunshineman2019 has gotten a QuickMagazine5.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Well done historical fiction.

juanviejojuanviejo4 months ago

APPARENTLY, I'VE READ THIS ONE BEFORE...STILL CINCO ESTRELLAS!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I truly enjoyed the story and very familiar with the locations when I lived in nearby Ashland.

26thNC26thNC19 days ago

Good story. You have a knack that you could turn into the next Louis L’Amore.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous