Inheritance from Grandpa

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"But I don't want them to be homeless or to starve."

"That's already taken care of. As part of the divorce, your mother will receive a small trust fund that will continue to pay the rent and utilities for the mobile home that she and your grandmother live in, as well as a small monthly stipend for food and other necessities."

"There is one more thing." She stated. "When and if you get married, there will obviously need to be a prenuptial agreement. That is pretty normal for people with the kind of money that we are talking about here. There will be one irregular clause in that agreement. It will state that if you get divorced because YOU cheated on your spouse, the entire trust and everything else that is included in this inheritance will be transferred to your spouse. You will not be left with so much as a penny from this estate."

She continued to discuss other matters as well as a few other things that I was to receive. After that, there was a mountain of paperwork for me to sign. Finally, there was just one more document for me to sign.

"Now, how did you get here?" She asked.

"I took the bus. I don't have a car."

"You do now." She informed me. She slid over the last document. I looked at it in shock. It was the title for a 1970 Corvette.

"Do you know how to drive a stick-shift?" She asked.

"Yeah. My dad taught me to drive his truck. That has a stick shift."

"Good. Just sign this and I will take care of the transfer of title. It's sitting in the parking lot. You can drive it home. We can work on the title transfers for the other vehicles later. Your father is currently checking them to verify their condition for you."

"OK." I responded. I turned to leave, then stopped and turned back to my new lawyer. "You know, I think that I need to talk to my dad before I go back and see mom and grandma. Where is my daddy?"

"He's at his new home. It's the house that he will be inheriting. By the way, he won't get ownership of the house until probate is complete. That will probably take about a year. He can live in it, but he won't actually own it. The divorce should be final by that time, so it won't be part of the settlement."

She gave me the address of the house, and I drove over there. It took me a bit to get used to driving this beast. I had ever only driven smaller cars like Corolla's and Acura's. I did drive my dad's pickup a few times, but that was an older chevy with a 5.3L engine. The Vette was a beast. It had the 454, 455HP engine, 4-speed manual Muncie M-22 'Rock Crusher' transmission, Posi-traction differential, as well as several upgrades. In did love the deep rumble (or was that a growl) of the beast as it flew down the roads.

The lady in my phone finally told me to turn left into a gated driveway. As I pulled up to the gate, the gate automatically opened. I figured that there was a transmitter in the car that would automatically open the gate when it pulled up. I slid past the gate then up the long driveway. The driveway split with one way going to a circular drive by the front door, and the other way to a large garage. I saw a garage door open and my daddy leaning over the front of a car with the hood up. I decided to park in front of the garage. Daddy pulled his head out from under the hood and smiled at me as I parked the beast.

"I see that you've been to the lawyer's office." He greeted.

"Yes. I actually just came from there." I replied. "I think that we need to talk. I have a lot of questions."

"I imagine that you do. I also have several things to tell you. I couldn't tell you about most of this before, but now that several things have happened, I am free to tell you the truth."

"First off, why was I never told about my real grandfather?"

"That was because when your grandfather refused to go along with your grandmother's crazy ideas, she and your mother got pissed off at him and decided to punish him by refusing to allow him any relationship with you. You weren't told about him for two reasons. First off, they were so mad at him that they decided to just pretend that he never existed. The second reason was that if you knew that he existed, you might have tried to contact him. If that happened, you might have found out the truth."

"What is the truth?" I asked.

"The truth was that your grandmother had been cheating on him for a while already. When she discovered that he was becoming suspicious, she blindsided him and demanded that she be allowed to continue having sex with her boyfriends. Your mother sided with your grandmother and blamed your grandfather for leaving. He didn't bother to divorce her, he just emptied all the bank and investment accounts and left. She finally had to file under abandonment after a year. Of course, she was broke by that time, lost the house, and had to move into that single-wide mobile home. By the time she filed, she couldn't find any assets, so she never got anything out of the divorce."

"So, why did grandpa leave you with his house and control of his company?"

Dad laughed. "That's easy. Since your wife was so adamant about insisting that your grandpa accept the cheating, I decided to do a bit of investigating myself. We didn't have a lot of money back then, so he footed the bill for the investigators. Your mom was cheating on me back then as well. Yes, I had a DNA test quietly done, and you are my daughter. If you hadn't been, I would have divorced your mother back then. We didn't have much, so it wouldn't have really cost me anything. I discussed it with your grandpa, and I decided to stay so I could raise you right. We made the plan that I would stay married until you were 18 years old. I would then leave, file for divorce, and take over the company until you were ready to take it over. That is, if you wanted to."

"But you always had low paying jobs. How did you get the education and experience to run a huge company?" I asked.

"That was another thing we discussed. Those low paying jobs were actually for your grandfather's company. He actually paid me to get my MBA as I was working for him. We agreed to a compensation package where my salary was only about $50,000 a year, but the rest of my compensation would be stock placed in a trust that I would receive when you go to college. Of course, none of that will be considered as community property."

"Wow! So, you lived with her for all that time knowing she was cheating on you?"

"Yes, I did. I did, however, move into the spare bedroom. You may have noticed that we never slept in the same room."

"You were celibate for 18-years, just so you could be there for me all the time?" I asked astonished.

He smirked. "Not exactly." He replied. "I was just a lot more discrete than your mom was. I have proof of her infidelities, but she has no proof of my indiscretions."

We talked for a while more, then he gave me the tour of the mansion. Eventually, I decided that I needed to head for home. Daddy did tell me that I could move in if I wanted to. He even had a large room with an ensuite bathroom ready for me. I had an idea that I would be moving sooner rather than later.

The Vette growled as I pulled up to the trailer. When I walked into the trailer, mom was throwing a temper tantrum that even the worst spoiled 5-year-old would be proud of. She was yelling, screaming, kicking furniture, and throwing whatever she could get her hands on. The only thing she wasn't doing was laying on the floor and kicking her legs in the air. I guess that was only because she was too busy marching around the living room and kicking the furniture. Every few minutes, she would stop and read something from the papers that she was holding, then began screaming and cussing about what she had just read. Even if I hadn't already been told that she had recently been served divorce papers, it wouldn't take a brain surgeon to figure out what was going on.

"What the fuck? Unemployed, so no alimony? That fucking bastard!" That got a good five minutes of screaming from her.

"He actually filed under fucking ADULTRY!!!"

It took another half hour for her to wind down.

"Now Bonnie," Grandma began. Bonnie is my mother's name. "This is just the opening salvo. I'll call my divorce lawyer and set up a meeting with her. After we get her on board, she will submit our counteroffer. When he sees that, I'm sure that he will come to his senses and try to reconcile. If not, we will take him to the cleaners and make sure that he ends up living in a cardboard box under the interstate."

"Actually mom, I think I would rather use the lawyer that your second husband used. She pretty much ate your lawyer for lunch in court."

Grandma looked down and blushed at the memory of that humiliation. "Yes, well, unfortunately, she has rather old-fashioned ideas and refuses to represent anyone who has ever cheated. Besides, you apparently didn't notice who his lawyer is. She is already representing him."

While mom and grandma were discussing the divorce petition and legal representation, I went into the kitchen and made a sandwich for lunch. I came back into the living room with my sandwich and a glass of lemonade and sat on the sofa to eat. That's when mom and grandma finally noticed me.

"Alisa! Where have you been this morning?" Mom asked.

"I had a meeting about financial aid for college." I replied. Ok, it wasn't entirely a lie. After all, it did entail the trust fund to pay for college.

"Oh, that's great! So, how did it go? Will you be able to get enough for at least a two-year nursing certificate?"

OK, this was about to get a bit awkward. "Actually, I'm now trying to decide between Stanford or Harvard for my pre-med. After that, I will see about which medical school I want to attend."

Mom and grandma looked at each other and smiled like people do when a child tells them about a fantasy that they think will come true, then looked back at me as if I was a bit mentally challenged.

"Dear," Grandma began. "I appreciate your enthusiasm and, and your hopefulness, but what scholarship do you think could possibly pay for all that? The best you would get in your circumstances was a scholarship that would pay for tuition at a State University. You would still need to pay for room and board as well as books and everything else to live. Besides, that would only cover your undergraduate degree. Medical school would not be covered."

"Yes, Alicia. Perhaps you should temper your expectations a bit. You would be better off if you went to the local college and got a degree n something a bit more practical. You could then continue to live here a lot cheaper than in a dorm. You could even get a part time job to help cover the expense of books and everything else that the scholarship won't cover." Mom added.

"Oh no." I responded. "The meeting I had assured me that the assistance that I am getting would cover everything for whatever I wanted to do. It will cover tuition, books, and even purchase a small house near the university for me to live in. It will also give me a $5,000 a month stipend for food, entertainment, and any other necessities that I will need. Also, after I get my undergraduate degree, it will then cover any advanced degree that I want. When I finally graduate, I will be free and clear with no student debt at all."

"What about transportation? No scholarship that I have ever heard about covers that!"

"Already taken care of. I got a car this morning." I answered.

Mom and grandma were flabbergasted. "What? How did you get all this? What kind of scholarship is it?"

"Well, it isn't exactly a scholarship." I answered. "It's more of a trust fund that was set up for me."

"A trust fund?" Grandam asked, looking a bit pale.

"Yes." I answered. "My meeting this morning was with a lawyer. Do you know a woman named Carrie Hammond?" I asked. When there was no reply, I continued. "Well, she is a lawyer. Apparently, I was named in a will from someone that I had never met. He was a billionaire. He set up several trust funds for me. One was for my education, and the other was for after I graduated. Apparently, it comes to several hundred million dollars."

"WHAT????" Mom screamed. "Who would do that? We don't know anyone with that kind of money!"

"It's from Grandpa." I told them.

"That's ridiculous." Grandma stated. "None of my ex-husbands have close to that much money. Besides, they are all still alive, so you couldn't have inherited anything from them yet. Also, Carrie Hammond was the lawyer that my second husband used in our divorce."

"Don't you mean your THIRD husband?" I asked.

"Don't be ridiculous. You know that I was only married three times." Grandma huffed.

"Really? So, you weren't actually married to my biological grandfather? Strange that you divorced him just before I was born if you weren't actually married to him."

With as white as their faces went when I said that I thought that I might need to call 911.

"So, you are telling me that you don't know anyone named David Knight?" I asked. "I watched a video this morning where he explained everything to me. I also was given all the documentation that supported what he said. He even had DNA tests done that proved that he is my biological grandfather. After that, I went over to see daddy. He gave me more information. You two cheated me out of having a relationship with my grandpa. Instead of letting me know about him and spend time with him, you forced me to live here in squalor and go to the worst schools in the state. I read a letter from him that said he tried to get you to let him help get me into better schools, but you refused to. I also saw the letter that you wrote to him saying that the only way that you would let him into my life was if he stopped the divorce and accepted being a cuckold. Instead of actually caring about my future, you two sluts used me as a bargaining tool to try and control him.

"You know what's funny? As a condition of me inheriting hundreds of millions of dollars and taking control of a billion-dollar company, should I want to, I could not use any of the money to make your lives better. After knowing what you did to my grandpa, as well as how you tried to use me to get him to agree to your shit, I have no interest in rewarding you for your crap. Luckily for you two, you are also named in his will. Grandpa set up two trust funds for you. One will continue to pay the rent on this trailer, so you have a place to live. The other one will give you a small monthly stipend to ensure that you have enough food, so you don't starve. Anything else, you will need to pay for yourselves."

Grandma looked shocked. Mom was just pissed. I'm pretty sure that they had no idea that Grandpa had been so successful after he divorced grandma.

"Hundreds of millions of dollars?" Grandma asked, finally comprehending what I said.

"Yes. After the divorce, he developed a couple of patents. Over the years, he improved on them and developed other patents to go along with them. He didn't sell the patents, instead he leased them to different companies. The money is still coming into the trust funds. Anyway, here is the card from the lawyer. You should probably make an appointment to see her regarding the trust to [pay the rent on this trailer and your monthly stipend." I said as I handed over her card. "Oh. One more thing. I'm moving out. I'm going to stay with daddy until I leave for college. He's staying at grandpa's house. It's a lot nicer than here. It's over 10,000 square feet, has lots of spare bedrooms so my friends can stay over, theater room, indoor and outdoor pools, stables with horses, my bedroom has an ensuite full bathroom, and the staff to take care of everything. Besides all that, there is a garage that I can keep my car in and not worry about it being stolen r broken into like I would if I left it parked overnight here."

"Car? What car? Mine is broken down again. Can I use yours to run to may hair appointment?" Mom asked.

I just laughed. "Seriously? When did you learn how to drive a manual transmission? No, you can't use my car. You would probably crash it before getting it out of the driveway."

"But how am I going to get to my hair appointment?" Mom whined.

"I dunnow." I replied. "Uber, Lyft, Cab, hitch hike, walk? Anyway, not my problem." With that, I turned and walked to my room.

There wasn't a lot that I needed to take. It was mainly just clothes, shoes, a small amount of makeup, and a few personal belongings. Sadly, it all fit into three plastic bags. Two bags into the trunk of the Vette, and one in the passenger seat.

10 years later:

"Good evening." I greeted the woman in Exam Room 3. "What seems to be the problem tonight?"

I had graduated medical school with honors. Yes, residency was hell, but I made it through the 100-hour weeks. I wasn't even remotely interested in Engineering or business, so I just let daddy take all that over. I still got a good a good distribution from the profits. I also had to attend quarterly board meetings. Currently, I was working in the ER of a local hospital. No, it wasn't one of the high-end hospitals, it was a community hospital. I was wealthy enough that I really didn't need to work, but this was my calling. I enjoyed what I did. I was emulating my 'hero' Elizabeth Charles. Yes, I know that she is just a fictitious character in a story, but I still admired her.

I looked up from my notes and got a shock. "Gramma?" I said.

"Alicia?" She replied.

About that time, another woman burst into the room.

"Parking here is a fucking nightmare. I had to park almost two blocks awa........ ALICIA?"

"Mom?"

I hadn't seen or heard from them in six years. They had shown up to my graduation just before I started Med School.

"OK. This is a surprise, but we need to take care of Grandma's problem. Would it be more comfortable for you if I got another doctor for you?" I asked.

"No, no. This is fine. Besides, maybe we can catch up a bit while you are treating her." Mom said.

"OK. I do need to inform the attending that I am treating a family member, though. I will be back momentarily." I escaped from the room.

Yes, I did need to disclose that I was treating a family member. It wasn't forbidden, but it did need to be reported along with the agreement from the patient. I disclosed the issue to the nurse at the desk, and she made a note in the file. She also followed me back to the examination room to get the authorization from my grandma.

Grandma had tripped and hurt her wrist when she landed. It wasn't broken, but it did have a mild sprain. As I fixed her up with a soft splint, mom and grandma peppered me with questions. They were still living in the trailer. That wasn't a surprise, since I knew that daddy had authorized the trust to purchase it outright. Mom had finally gotten a job at a 7-11, so they had some disposable cash for some entertainment. She was still pissed at the divorce, though. She was mad that daddy had actually moved out and divorced her, then she was really pissed that there were no assets that she could get. Since the records showed that he was unemployed and had no income, she didn't even get alimony. She tried to go after his inheritance, but the trusts were exempt from community property. Besides, they were still tied up in escrow, so they really didn't belong to him yet.

The divorce was final for about 6-months before they were officially put him into the CEO position. She tried to get the mansion he lived in and even argued that he was getting money from somewhere in order to live there. The beautiful lawyer shot that down by showing that he was simply maintaining the property until the will was fully executed. His only 'pay' was free room and board. What I never told them was that daddy was actually running the company. He had deferred his pay until a year after the divorce was final. Once the year was up, he officially stepped in as CEO with a ridiculous salary and benefits.