Inheritance from Grandpa

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I really tried to deflect their questions, but they were relentless. I was now living in Grandpa's old house. Daddy had purchased another mansion a couple of blocks away when he move his two girlfriends in. I doubt that he will ever marry either one of them. Not because he or they were not in love or were against the thought, but it was more that he couldn't choose between them, and they couldn't choose which one of them he should marry. Yes, I am now engaged. My fiancé is a lawyer. Yes, I enjoy working in the ER, and no, I have no interest in starting my own practice.

"We want to meet your fiancé. Why can't you invite us over for dinner sometime and introduce us?" Mom asked. "I mean, you are my daughter, you live in the same city, but we haven't seen you since your graduation with your bachelor's degree before Med School." Mom was always good at using the emotional card on me.

"Fine." I sighed, knowing that I wasn't getting out of this one. "Friday night at 7:00. Here's the address. Bring bathing suits, so we can get in the pool and hot tub after dinner."

7:00 Friday night:

"Hi mom. Hi Grandma." I said as I opened the door.

They were swiveling their heads, looking at the opulence of my home. I had watched them through the window as they walked slowly from their old beaten-up car that was parked in the circular driveway. The slow walk was mainly because they took their time looking at the landscaping, fountains, and sculptures that adorned the front lawn and gardens.

"You have a beautiful home, dear." Mom managed to stutter out.

"Thank you. Most of this was done by the decorator I hired, but Gerry, my fiancé has a few plans to add to it."

"Oh. Will Jerry be here tonight as well?" Mom asked, apparently assuming that the stunning blonde standing a few paces behind me as I greeted my family was a servant. OK, that could have been because just behind her there were a couple of others standing in uniform as well.

I turned behind me. The gorgeous blonde smiled as she saw my smirk. "Mandy, please take their coats and handbags. George, would you please move their car over by the garage?"

My redheaded maid lept forward and took their coats and handbags from them to put in the coat closet. George, he was listed as my driver, but I almost never allowed him to actually drive, stepped up and requested mom's keys. Obtaining the requested keys, he stepped to the door. I saw the frown on his face when he spied the decrepit Toyota sitting there. 'Sorry George.' I thought.

"So, when are we going to meet your future husband?" Grandma asked.

"Yes. And we need to discuss your wedding and what your plans are for giving me some grandchildren." Mom added.

"Uuummm, husband?" I asked.

I heard a snort and giggle from the statuesque blond bombshell standing behind me.

"Well, yes." Mom said, confused. "You did tell us that you are engaged. We also assumed from our conversation at the hospital that we would be meeting him here tonight."

"Uuuuhhh, Him?"

"Well, of course. I mean, you are getting married, so ob.....vi.....ous..." The last word began to be drawn out as mom and grandma suddenly noticed that the blonde bombshell behind me could no longer maintain her facade and was now doubled up in hilarious laughter. That just broke it for me as well, and I doubled over laughing.

"Mom, grandma, meet my fiancé, Gerry. Gerry, this is my mom, Bonnie, and my grandmother. Daphne."

Mom and grandma looked at me in shock. "Your gay?" they asked in two-part harmony.

"Oh yes." I responded. "We are very happy, merry, and joyful." They looked confused for a bit.

One thing I should mention, I really hate when certain groups accost words and pervert their meanings. As a couple of examples: Gay is meant to mean happy and joyful. Now, it has been changed. When someone says you are gay, it now means that you are homosexual. Another of my issues is when groups create new words to demean others. Take for example the new catchword - homophobia. Look this up. Homo means singular, similar, or the same. Phobia means an irrational fear. The term Homophobia literally means the irrational fear of the same. This has nothing to do with sexuality.

Looking deeper into this, this term suggests that anyone that objects to homosexuality only does that out of fear. This is ludicrous. There are multitudes of reasons for people to resist homosexuality. Very few of them actually have a fear as part of their rejection. This term insinuates that hatred of anything is based upon fear. George Bush once famously stated that he hated broccoli. Does that mean that he feared broccoli? Personally, I hate the taste of cooked carrots. Does that mean that I am afraid of cooked carrots? Frankly, the term 'homophobic' is demeaning and insulting. Those who use it are ignorant and bigoted.

"You're a lesbian?" Grandma exclaimed in shock.

"Yep. Have been all my life. Didn't you notice how I never - EVER - went out on a date with a guy?"

At least they acted gracious. I don't know if it was real acceptance or if they were just trying to ingrate themselves with me. It really didn't matter much. We had a pleasant meal, Chicken Scallopini made by my chef. Yes, I can cook, and so can Gerry, but I decided to use my chef that night. I didn't want me or Gerry busy in the kitchen interfering with interacting with our guests.

"How is your father doing?" Mom finally asked. She hadn't seen or heard from him since the last court date.

"Oh. He's doing great." I replied. "He and his girlfriends left on Friday for a month-long vacation to Jamaca."

"Girlfriends?" Mom asked.

"Yeah." I responded. "He is dating two identical twins and their best friend. I'm not sure how much relaxing he will be getting though. He's having a hard time in deciding which one of the twins to marry, and they are also having a hard time deciding between them on who he should marry and who should be the other lover. I'm pretty sure that it will end up being a 'sister wives' kind of arrangement. Jenny and Jainy have already told me that they have gone off the pill and are working on having babies already. I can't wait to have brothers and sisters."

"So, Gerry." Grandma began in an attempt to engage my fiancé. "You are a lawyer?"

"Yes, I am. I passed the bar exam a couple of years ago and joined my aunt's firm."

"That's impressive. What area of law do you specialize in?"

"I practice exclusively in family law, specifically divorce, just like my aunt does." She replied.

Mom perked up at that. "Really? That's great. I've been thinking about getting a lawyer and have them revisit my divorce. It just seems weird that as soon as the divorce went through that your father suddenly became so successful while I didn't get shit from it."

"Unfortunately, you are out of luck on that." Geraldine mentioned. "I can't represent you, because I work for my aunt's firm. It would be a conflict of interest. My aunt was your ex-husband's lawyer in the divorce, and her firm is now his company's legal firm. Besides that, I have gone over every word of the divorce records. You can sue him, but you would lose. All you would do is end up paying your lawyer and get nothing back."

"Well, how did he suddenly go from a mid-level manager at a different company to unemployed for almost a year, then suddenly to CEO?"

"That was the plan all along. The company that daddy was working for was actually owned by grandpa's company. He also wasn't a mid-level manager; he was the managing director of the business. He had been working directly underneath grandpa for several years as grandpa groomed him to take over the entire corporation. All that time that he was unemployed, he spent getting up to speed on all the rest of the businesses. He couldn't actually take over until the divorce was final, otherwise he would have been on the hook for significant alimony to you for several years. That's how he and grandpa planned it."

"WHAT??? They did that deliberately just to screw me out of my fair share of the assets?"

"Of course, they did. Daddy found out about you screwing around on him years earlier. He only stayed with you because he didn't want to lose me. He stayed in touch with Grandpa, and they made the plan. As soon as I turned 18, dad quit his job, left you, and had the divorce paperwork filed." I answered.

"That bastard! I'll take him to court and sue him for fraud! If he thinks it would have been expensive back then, it's gonna be a whole lot more expensive now." Mom ranted.

"Yeah, good luck with that. It's already been over 10 years. The statute of Limitations has already run out. Besides, how would you possibly prove any of that? Besides, you two have got enough to live on. The trust grandpa left for you two is enough to pay your bills and keep food in your home."

"But that's it. There's nothing else. We have to shop at Goodwill for our clothes. We can't go to even decent restaurants or have an evening out. We can barely afford basic TV."

"So, get a job. Do something to earn some money. Nothing's stopping you from doing that."

"It's just so unfair. I gave your grandfather 20 years of my life. I deserve more than this. Your mother gave birth to you and raised you for 18 years. She gave your father 20 years of her life. She deserves better."

"Yes, you two were married to them for 20 years each. Yes, mom did give birth to me. As far as giving them all that time goes, you two spent more time slutting around with other men than you were giving your husbands. And raising me? That was mainly daddy, because you, mom, were either out with your lovers or recovering the night before."

The truth hurt, but it needed to be said. In saw the understanding in their eyes as they finally began to understand their behavior. Too bad it was decades too late.

"Now." I continued. "Because you are my mother and grandmother, and you did occasionally help raise me, I'm not going to cut you out of my life. You will be getting invitations to my wedding. I will include you two in the planning, but Jenny and Jainy will be my main helpers. I will even set aside enough money for you two to get nice new dresses, shoes, and accessories for all the main events, such as the rehearsal and the wedding itself. You will not be sitting in the front with daddy, but I also won't put you all the way in the back. That's because I want to respect daddy. He isn't going to want to sit next to you. You also won't be at the head table during the reception."

Shortly after that, they left for home. I decided that I would keep in touch and try to have some sort of relationship with them. They were, after all, family. I would even talk to a few friends and see if I could get mom a job as a receptionist. It wouldn't be much, just over minimum wage, but she really wasn't qualified for anything else. They would never be wealthy, but at least they wouldn't be destitute either.

Bonnie:

I cried myself to sleep that night. My utter stupidity had cost me my daughter. I also realized that it had also cost me my daddy. Yes, it was all on me. I'm the one that kicked dad out of my life. I had eaten up all the garbage that mom fed me back then and blamed my father for being a jerk and letting his bruised ego breakup our family. So what if mom wants a little extra on the side? It wasn't taking anything away from him. Me following in mom's footsteps also caused my husband to leave.

OK, OK, yes, I was also thinking about the money. Of course, that was on my mind as well after seeing the opulence that my daughter was living in. And hearing how well my ex-husband was doing just added to that. When dad left, he was nowhere near that rich. I had no way of knowing that he was working on some patents that were going to take off and make him a multi, multi-millionaire. I also had no idea that he had been investing in some new companies that would take off and add millions to his fortune. How could I foresee that 18 years later, he would have set me and mom up for a lifetime of struggling while my ex-husband and daughter live in luxury? How could I have foreseen that he would turn my daughter against me and my mom for what we did? It was just sex. It was just a little extra on the side. It wasn't supposed to hurt anyone.

Still, it wasn't all about the money. Yes, it would be nice to be living like that, but I began to look back at over my life. I began to remember my childhood and up through my teens. Daddy was always there for me. He never missed an important event inn my life. He always showed me nothing but love and affection. When did I lose my respect for him? When did my adoration of my father turn ton hate and contempt? It wasn't the loss of the money that caused my tears, it was the loss of the love of my father and my daughter that caused me sob into my pillow. My actions caused me to be alone without the love of my dad, husband, and daughter. Sure, mom was still here, but I was seeing her differently now. I bought her justifications and explanations. Now I saw them for what they were. Yes, it was me that acted on them, and I could have taken my father's explanation for his actions, but I didn't. I listened to my mom and threw everything else away. I cried not for the money, but for the loss of the relationships that my actions caused.

Daphne:

I'm so pissed right now that I can't even sleep. I've been tossing and turning in my bed for hours. Bonnie and I had been over to my granddaughter's house this evening. She is living in a huge mansion with servants and luxury. We are stuck in this crappy single-wide mobile home barely surviving. If my bastard of a husband would have just gotten over his bruised ego, I could be living the life of luxury. I'm not sure how he managed to turn my granddaughter against us, but she won't even share any of her wealth with us. Even worse, he did all that from his grave.

OK, sure. I had sex with other men. Big deal. I never refused him when he wanted it, I even offered it to him when he didn't ask. It took nothing away from him. I only did it when he wasn't there. He got offended and left. To punish him, I cut him out of our lives. I even got my daughter to cut him out of her and y granddaughter's lives. We made sure that she never even heard about him. Then, my son-in-law divorced my daughter for doing what I had been doing. After that, everything went to shit. Fucking men and their tiny egos.

Epilogue:

Hello, it's Bonnie again. Just an update on my life. So, Alisa's wedding was beautiful. Mom and I did help a bit, but it was my ex-husband's girlfriends that did most of the work with her. Mom and I were in the third row for the ceremony. At the reception, we were not at the head table, but we were at one of the tables up front and near the center. It was a beautiful wedding. I did laugh when both Alisia and Julie actually yelled out 'AD FORSAKING ALL OTHERS' during their vows. Mom scowled at that. The reception was a blast. They had a live band, great food, and an open bar. Maybe that's why... never mind.

Anyway, it's been a year since the wedding and a lot has changed. Alisia used her influence and got me a job. It is, of all places at my ex-husband's company. I began as a receptionist, but I took a couple of night classes, and I am now the personal secretary to one of the vice presidents. I'm now making $20 an hour, so I am not struggling financially. I actually managed to move into a real house. Well, not alone. No, mom didn't move with me. She's still in the mobile home.

I think that I was actually promoted to this position as a punishment by my ex-husband. It put me in a position where I see him every day, as well as seeing his three girlfriends going in and out of his office. Its sort of running my nose in seeing what I threw away. Little does he know that I have made my peace with it, and I have actually moved on. I am always pleasant to them and actually enjoy talking to them. The girls and I even go out to lunch occasionally.

My life has gotten much better over the last year, but mom has just gotten more bitter about her own situation. Alisa and I have both reached out to her, but she is just so bitter and negative that it is hard to be around her. Our relationship has been in a steady decline ever since Alisia's wedding. It only got worse when I moved out. Anyway, I'm much happier now. I have a good job that I love, I have a much better relationship with my daughter, I have a lot more friends now, and Darla and I have a beautiful home to live in.

Darla, you ask? Oh, I skipped that part. I'm sure that you realize that my daughter's wedding was a lesbian wedding. No, it was not exclusively limited to homosexuals. Obviously, since my ex-husband walked her down the aisle, my mom and I were in attendance, and she and her wife have several straight friends and relatives. Still, there was a significant number of homosexual attendees. Not all of them were attached or had dates. Did I mention the open bar? After giving my life choices a thorough evaluation over the previous month, I decided that being a slut for any guy that caught my attention was not a healthy attitude. I decided that I would take a break from men until I got my head screwed on straight. Honestly, I figured that I would just be doing without sex for a while. The thought of women never even entered my mind.

I was sitting at out table just watching everyone else and enjoying my Captain and coke. Several nice looking men had asked me ton dance, but I turned them all down. Now, I have to say that I was still very attractive at my age. Several people had commented that I actually looked 10-years younger than I actually was. I had always tried my hardest to keep myself in shape and look as good as I could. I was probably on my third drink when this stunning woman about my age stepped beside me.

"Hello. I'm Darla. I'm a co-worker of Julie's. I've been watching all those guys coming over and hitting on you, and you have turned them all down. That leads me to two conclusions, and I can help you with both of them."

Intrigued, I responded. "Oh? And what are those conclusions?"

She smirked. "One is that you are at least bi, if not completely lesbian and have no interest in men. In that case, I would love to dance with you and keep you company for the rest of the evening."

"Sorry to disappoint you, but I am straight." I responded.

She laughed. "Spaghetti is straight too, until you get it hot and wet."

Maybe it was the alcohol, but I suddenly felt a tingle in my nipples and pussy.

"Anyway," She continued. "That leads to my second conclusion. That is that you are straight, but for some reason you are not interested in male companionship right now."

"That is closer to the mark, but how would you help in that situation?" I asked.

"That's easy." She said with a toothy grin. "It's obvious that the constant attention from the guys is starting to irritate you. So, in order to get the guys to stop hitting on you, In that case, I would love to dance with you and keep you company for the rest of the evening. The guys will stop hitting on you because they will think that you are a lesbian, and you can enjoy the rest of the party in peace."

"Interesting, but what do you get out of this? Surely, there are better opportunities for you out there than spending time with a straight woman. Wouldn't you rather spend your efforts on someone that might actually get you somewhere?"

"Perhaps, but you intrigue me. Sure, there is the fun in taking another woman home for the night, but I've been there and done that. Sometimes I just like to spend the evening conversing with an interesting woman."

Again, maybe it was the open bar. We danced to several songs. It wasn't like I had never danced with a woman before. Several times when out with friends, we danced together when there weren't any men available. Sometimes we danced with each other to entice the guys over. When we weren't on the dance floor, we were sitting at the table in deep conversation. I found her well educated, witty, and charming. I completely lost track of the time mom. Suddenly, I looked around and saw that almost everyone had already left. Mom was gone as well.