Ink, Sex, Magic Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I want to do that, believe me, but you don't understand- he has a way of luring me in. I can't... I can't be with him and I can't get away from him."

Sylas and I locked eyes for a moment, then he blinked furiously.

"Son of a bitch! He's fu- sleeping with you. I'm sorry- I can't help it. Please, don't think I'm judging you or reading your thoughts- but you just showed me yourself- here," he pointed to his head. "In very...graphic imagery... That sick bastard, I will end him!"

"Oh, god... Sylas, it..." I started crying as I confessed to him. "It wasn't like that. He didn't- See, it was my fault- I was so desperate and- "

"Don't, sweetheart. Please, believe me, what happened between the two of you isn't because you wanted to be close to your father- or a man who could make you feel good. It's because he manipulated you for his own sick satisfaction."

I looked at him, startled. "Kiernan never forced me into anything though. In fact, he pushed me away for as long as he could."

"That's all part of his strategy. See, your father talks a good talk and his brogue never hurts, but Kiernan's favorite gambit is silent seduction. He knows how to insinuate himself into a woman's space, make her vulnerable to his charisma, read what she wants him to be, and how to play that role so he'll get what he wants from her. And then he takes it.

"The real kicker is, when he's captured her, she actually thinks she's the one who initiated the game. I know this because I watched him seduce Tessa when we were together. I can easily imagine him doing the same to you- though I'd rather not."

"But what could he want from me? He could have any woman he wants- even my mom, if he really tried." I gave Sylas an apologetic wince when he flinched at the suggestion. "Why go so far to bait a mouse like me? For an affair longer gone and shorter lived..."

"I know this isn't the right time, but you are, by far, the fiercest and most beautiful mouse I've ever seen. And it's never the right time to broach this indelicate subject, but are you aware that there are spells and rituals that involve sex?"

"Yes..."

"And are you also aware that many of them specifically require that sex be incestuous in nature?"

Then it all became clear.

Seeing my expression, Sylas added hastily, "I'm not trying to assert that's the reason but-"

"It has to be- it's the only thing that makes sense. No wonder he wasn't worried about getting me pregnant. Is there any way to heal a woman physically unable to conceive?"

His eyes narrowed at the specificity of my question, but he didn't pry. "I- I don't know if that's what your father is trying to do- I'd imagine it would be in an attempt to concentrate your bloodlines and power if it was- but in my experience, when Kiernan puts his mind to doing something, it gets done. No matter who he hurts along the way."

"I really am a fool then, because I grew up hearing his tunes and that sounds like one of his greatest hits. A sad, sick fool, at that. I was actually starting to believe it could work out between us- that he'd really fallen in love with me the way I'd fallen for him. And it made me the happiest I've ever been."

"How could you resist a man who knows everything about you? Who's charge is to protect and love you unconditionally? You were being true to your heart, and that is one of life's bravest, most terrifying and soul-forging imperatives."

"Thank you, you're very kind. I- I'm sorry I've put you out for so long."

"Please, Alice, if I hadn't been so blind, this might not have happened in the first place. But then again, you wouldn't be here and the world is a more magical place because you are."

"You have a good heart. No wonder my mother loves you." I couldn't pull my foot away from my mouth quickly enough. "I'm sorry- I shouldn't have-"

"No, I'll take that as a compliment."

I took my last sip of tea, and after a moment of gazing at the china pattern, nearly dropped my cup.

"Are you alright, dear?"

"Yes, sorry, I think I need to get to bed. I hope the electricity's still on at my place."

"You don't think I'm going to let you drive anywhere right now, much less stay by yourself. If I thought your mother's was safe I'd send you there, but as it's not, you should take my bed and I'll sleep on the sofa. I promise I'll be a perfect gentleman."

"I have no doubt of that. But I don't want to burden you. I know how good Delaney's are at doing that..."

"You are your father's daughter, yes. But you are also Tessa's. You are her second heartbeat, and I would guard you with my life."

"But we just met- you hardly know me."

"You wouldn't remember, but I met you when you were a baby. Tessa asked if I'd care for you if she and your father couldn't, and I vowed that I would. She named me your godfather, and sealed it with a pact- not that it was necessary." Great, now the second man I'd truly found to be sexy turned out to be my godfather.

"Naturally, Kiernan has no idea. I'm sure he just assumed his shiftless brother would step in if anything happened. Sorry, I didn't mean to speak ill of your uncle."

"It's alright. I mean, I've always thought Uncle Jack was a great guy with a bad rap, but then again, I always thought that about my father."

"As shitty as he's been, there are still many redeeming things about Kiernan Delaney; him siring you being one of them. He has to know what's happened because he will help you get out of whatever mess he's caused even if it kills him: I can guarantee you that. I'll tell him what happened so you don't have to talk to him and you get some rest. That was some truly impressive magic back there- you should be proud."

"That's the last thing I feel right now, but I know it took a lot out of me, so I'm going to crawl to bed now if you really don't mind..."

"Of course not. I'd carry you if I didn't think that would be too forward, but at least let me help you."

For a man so lanky and unimposing in appearance, Sylas was all muscle, sleek, strong and flexible, every movement subdued but poised to strike, like a wild animal. A fox. And then I realized what he was and how he pursued me on foot.

"You're a Kitsune," I mumbled sleepily.

Sylas halted our progress to look at me sharply, but not unkindly.

"You're very perceptive- when you're not blinded by the Dark Attendant."

I knew he was referring to my father- and aptly so. Every part of his name, Kiernan Devril Delaney, echoed the same meaning- and he'd earned the title the Dark Attendant by living up to it.

He continued helping me to his bed, which was on a low platform, it's linens as ascetic looking as the rest of his abode, but they also looked finely made and pleasing to the senses as everything else I'd encountered there.

"Good night, Alice," he said, bowing slightly, as if he were my servant.

When he erect again, I gave him a hug, trying my hardest not to press my breasts against him, purely out of affection. Well, maybe not so purely, but nothing I intended to act on. We both pulled back a little shamefaced, but then seeing that laughed simultaneously. Now that the ice had been broken, and we'd acknowledged the sexual tension, it didn't seem like such a big deal for two attractive adults to, well, find each other attractive.

"Good night, Sylas." I was still blushing, but no longer out of shame. And it was hard to know how to feel about that, but I was asleep before I had time to wonder.

***

The next morning, I woke up to the smell of bacon and coffee and in my groggy state thought that Kiernan must be making breakfast for a change; but once I remembered I was, so returned the sting of his betrayal. It was tempting to go back to sleep and dream away the pain, but the aroma of sustenance and an invigorating melody in the air drew me out of bed. I found Sylas whistling while he stood at the stove. An apron was tied around his waist to protect his white dress shirt and khakis, and from my vantage point I could see the masculine elegance of his form.

"Good morning," he said over his shoulder without turning around. I supposed he was hard to sneak up on. "Help yourself to coffee. The mugs are there." A cabinet near the coffee maker swung open without a glance.

"Thank you." I sat at the table with coffee and a tall glass of water, which I bolted at once. Soon Sylas joined me, serving me a plate laden with more food than I could ever eat. But after the first crunchy bite of bacon, I didn't stop until I'd finished the last bite of toast.

"Excuse me," I said thickly, knowing how unladylike I must have just appeared. "I was famished."

"I thought you might be after last night," he said unfazed, leisurely eating some sort of hash of meat and potatoes. I trust you slept well?"

"Yes, thank you."

"Good." After a pause, Sylas said that he'd called my father to tell him what happened. "He wanted to see you, but I told him to stay away. I hope I wasn't being presumptuous."

"No, not at all. I don't have anything to say to him right now. I hope he actually-"

As if on cue, we both heard the sound of tires crunching through Sylas' gravel driveway and the ragged throttle of a familiar engine.

"Don't worry, I'll handle him, Alice. Stay here."

"Please, don't let him inside," I begged as he walked out of the kitchen. I peeked around the archway to the living room while Sylas went to confront my father, too scared to come out but too curious not to watch.

"I told you not to come here. She doesn't want to talk to you," my host said, stepping out onto his front porch as Kiernan's loud footsteps hit the steps.

"Lili! Li, I know you're there!" my father bellowed over him. "Please, just let me-"

"Will you stop a goddamn second and think about someone besides yourself, Kiernan! That girl has already been through enough because of you. For once in your fucking life, will you leave well enough alone?"

"We're talking about my daughter! Mine! You can't keep me away from her."

"If I didn't think we still needed you to help clean up all of your messes, I would rip your throat out."

"Seeing as you helped Alice, I'll keep my temper for now. But if you really want to start something with me, Nox, I will dust your ass." Kiernan tried to sidestep the smaller man, but with barely a movement, Sylas sent him flying backwards. When my father stood up again, I could see slash marks appear on his face. Wiping the blood from his cheek, he sneered, "I guess you can teach an old fox new tricks."

"Some things actually improve with age, Kiernan. A lesson I don't think you ever learned, in all your pathetic attempts to hold on to your youth."

"You're the one living in the past if think you can win Tess back by beating me up."

"I may not have been the only one who ever loved her- but I am the only one who'd rather see her happy than in a cage. But this isn't about how you screwed Tessa and me over- it's about how you'd have the audacity to try and ruin her daughter's life too."

"I already ruined my daughter's life once- now I'm doing all I can to fix it."

"Are you really going to try and bullshit me of all people? We used to be best friends, for my part, I know all of your cheap tricks. You can't talk to me now, man to man, and admit what you did?"

"If I had anything to admit, I'd have to find a real man first."

"Me too. A real man wouldn't take advantage his daughter."

"What? I would never do that."

"You seduced her when she needed her father the most."

"Is that what she told you, or were you poking around in her mind, playing your tricks?"

Sylas got closer and spoke softly near his ear, though I could still hear him. "You know, I didn't even have to read Alice's thoughts to find out the truth.Your daughter's so scared of you that she showed me herself and didn't even know it."

"If you'd really seen the truth, you'd have seen that I never did anything to hurt her."

"Of course you didn't- you have to get close to cut the deepest, don't you?"

"How 'bout we test that theory," Kiernan suggested, pulling Sylas closer and drawing out a wicked looking blade with a bone handle.

"You would rather waste time fighting each other instead of our enemies?"

"Let me talk to my girl and we won't."

I watched as on the Spirit Plane, Sylas' hackles raised. "I can't do that. I actually keep my promises."

"Well, then we've hit an impasse." Electricity began to crackle in the air and Kiernan's tattoos started to glow red.

"If that's what you're calling it." Sylas' fingernails lengthened and sharpened and I saw his fox form manifest around his human one.

"Stop fighting!" I screamed, my hair and skirt billowing around me as a phantom zephyr rose up and blew out the front windows and the power flickered in the throbbing rhythm of my pulse. Needless to say, Kiernan and Sylas forgot their squabble and faced me where I stood in the living room, every hair on end, every tattoo burning, every vein surging with electricity.

"Alice," my father whispered, looking me up and down in awe.

Sylas' expression was a mirror image- but his eyes were fixed on my feet.

It was then that I realized that I was hovering several inches off the ground, sparks of lightning flying from my finger tips.

"We're not going to fight, I promise," Sylas said calmly, his eyes and claws going back to normal, the fox returned to his den.

"Are you okay, Alice?" Again, Kiernan tried to step inside, but staggered backwards, as if in a wind-tunnel. "I thought we weren't going to fight?" he snarled at Sylas.

"That wasn't me," he replied smoothly, nodding in my direction.

"I'm not sure what lies he's told you but-"

"Be. Quiet."

Kiernan's voice died in his throat even as his mouth tried to form the words.

"It's over. Let him go, dear." Sylas had come up beside me and spoke silkily but firmly.

"I don't want to hear his poison!"

He put his hand on my shoulder, siphoning off some of my uncontrollable rage. "Let him go and you won't, all right?"

After he lifted his hand, I felt like lead, and floated back to earth.

Kiernan doubled-over, gasping.

"I'm so sorry..." I collapsed on my knees, feeling wretched.

"No, I'm sorry, Alice." My father backed away, looking stricken, and then peeled off on his chopper.