Intern Intrigue

Story Info
Senator's honeypot intern motivates his political actions.
6.6k words
4.42
7.8k
12
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's Notes

Lila Beaumont is an important part of the venerable Senator Harold Thornton's staff. But just how important is not known even amongst the inner circles of Corvusia's capitol. While the Senator takes on the most important resolution of his political career and advocates for peace, Lila has her eye on the prize, encouraging him along in several ways.

I always love shows like House of Cards or other political dramas. So, I toy with writing stories like this from time to time because it interests me. Hopefully you all enjoy my take on the genre, I struggled with which category to stick this in. As always, I would love to hear your feedback in the comments! Thanks for reading my On the Job event entry!

As always, big thanks to my editor KenjiSato!

===========================

Intern Intrigue

Nary a brow within the Forum of the Continental Republic of Corvusia was dry that day. The marathon session of the Senate was packed full of aging statesmen and women, and their staff. Orations dragging on for hours yielded to parliamentary rules, yet gained no ground in the issues at hand. The resolution was a fleeting dream for those who patted their foreheads with their handkerchiefs and panted amidst the warm glow of the CCTV lenses above their heads. The people of Corvusia would see their public servants dragging out this discussion, so critical to their nation, for hours with little to show for it. Many red-faced members of the hallowed chamber were either ready to quit, or throw a punch.

"Intervention now, means lives saved later! Our inaction against the atrocities of General Zorn and his army shows him that he can continue his bloody march north! When will my fellows in this chamber act? One hundred miles from our border? Fifty? When he crosses it? When he places his cock on the Steward's lectern?!"

Shouts and grumbles answered the vexed diatribe of the flustered senator from Corvusia's north. The gavel of the Senate Steward pounded the block, bringing the chamber to order as the conversation surrounding the looming threat of war remained interminable.

"Senator! You will remain in order of the rules of this chamber, and refrain from such language, or be sanctioned!"

"I ask for no forgiveness, steward, the threat demands such provocative language, lest my peers in this chamber fall asleep! I move that we vote on this resolution once and for all! End this threat!"

Roars and gavel falls echoed across the marble pillars of the chamber, as the conversation descended to new lows.

Behind the discord, beneath the shaded alcove of the Forum's mezzanine, the staff to the senators loomed. Little hope in their eyes they would see the inside of cocktail bars before the last call, or kiss their families goodnight. Whispering amongst themselves, they took bets as to how long the senators would be at it, and which caucus would relent for a night's compromise to force the chamber to reconvene on the morrow.

Watching, eyes cold and uncaring for the issue at hand, a lonesome intern leaned against an ornate marble pillar. Her dark red hair flowed over a white shoulder, as she held a leather-bound portfolio against her large breasts. Over her shoulder, she could hear the whispers of the other interns, senate hall rumors abounding about the nature of her relationship with her boss, the honorable Senator Harold Thronton. It wasn't mainstream, and no one had anything on her to prove their impropriety, but girls talked, and thus, Lila Beaumont kept to herself.

"Are we going to go home tonight, or is Senator Thornton going to drag this out on his time?"

Tall, handsome, with a wisp of roguish charm, her fellow intern, Paul, came close. Too close.

Lila stepped to the side, her expression just as cold and uncaring as before. Those who knew her, regarded her as blank, with little emotion slipping amidst her eyes or mouth, only an icy gaze found her peer.

"The senator is going to stand by his convictions."

Paul huffed incredulously. "Convictions."

"Maybe Senator Russo could acquire some?"

Paul narrowed his eyes as he bent down to meet her gaze. Lila, unfazed, let him come within inches of her face as they locked in an unspoken duel of wills.

"Your dear senator better be careful to not let his convictions turn into being convicted." His eyes wandered down her buxom form, inspecting her large breasts, wide hips, and tapered shape. His gaze implied something that only petty girls dared to whisper.

Lila, with her icy expression, would let nothing slip herself. It was all just conjecture.

"His lack of patriotism sickens me," he finished, turning to leave before hearing Lila respond.

"Patriotism takes many forms, Paul. Senator Thornton just hasn't succumbed to your form of jingoism."

With a curled lip, her vexed peer took his leave.

Turning her gaze back to the chamber, the rambling of senators had not ceased despite her lack of attention. Her steely eyes found the grey nape of her own senator, whispering to his colleagues at either shoulder. He was a simple man of season, his glasses made his eyes look rounder, and his face had a kindness to it, despite the tenacity he could exhibit when provoked into a verbal spar of political ideologues.

Before long, a wave of his hand beckoned Lila over. The young intern of twenty-one years softly clicked her heels down the aisle to his seat. To reach him, she had to push in front of the row of statesmen who sat behind Senator Thornton, to which she excused herself. The shove of her ass past the knees of the old and weary men saw their faces lighting up.

What was better, was how she would need to bend over the back of Senator Thornton's seat, giving a taut shape beneath her skirt. Those ahead of her made little discretion at dreaming about the small gap in her blouse to see down her cleavage. Yet none of this bothered her, her own senator before her kindly looking up as he whispered.

"I need the plan-B notes," he said, holding out his hand.

Her cold expression melted, a smile just for him sliding across her face as she let the portfolio away from her bosom. Her large sacks rested with gravity's slight pull against her usual firmness. Harold Thornton was not immune to her femininity, his own eyes taking a look down her blouse. Lila didn't mind, smiling as she handed him the notes he required and leaning in for her own whisper.

"You've got this, Senator. Just like we talked about." Her bright teeth glowed as she departed him.

The red-faced senators around Harold shook their heads in envy as she trotted away, stealing the attention of the republic's most powerful men. Finding her place back beneath the mezzanine, she waited for the moment she and the senator came for that night.

"I yield my time to the gentleman from Equiterra, the Honorable Senator Thornton."

"The Steward recognizes Senator Thornton from the Equiterran Fourth."

"Thank you... Honorable Steward."

Standing up from his place, amid the grand horseshoe of statesmen from far and wide of Corvusia, a rather thin man with white hair and a pale face did his best to project his voice. Despite the microphone dangling just above him, he wanted his colleagues of the Continental Senate to hear the tenacity of his words, as he prepared to denounce the latest political whim of the nation's legislative body.

Clearing his throat, the seemingly meagre man put forth his best oration. "I stand here today amongst you all, in disbelief of such rash measures. The war hawks amongst our ranks have grown louder with their cawing."

Several gripes and boos to the sentiment rumbled around the chamber. Lila was not amongst them; instead, nodding her head, praying he stayed on script.

"Every waking second, our people in this republic are subjected to the fear mongering of those partied to my colleagues on the opposite side of this chamber. Constant telling of violence and war far to our south meant to stir a sense of terror and drive a manufactured need to action. Those who favor action say, 'Act now or later we will be at a disadvantage'. Since when does this great republic prey upon speculative threats without first leading the world in diplomacy?"

The senator adjusted his glasses as he looked over the notes Lila had handed him.

"The proposition for military action is a bridge too far! Do we not tire of the wars that have killed our young? Do we not weep at the prospect of losing more?"

Senator Thornton looked back towards the gaggle of staff in the rear of the chamber, finding Lila with a kind smile.

"My own intern, Lila, lost her brother in the last war. How exactly should I ask her to sacrifice her others?"

Groans and applause mixed amidst the stale air of the Forum. Time ticked on as Thornton arrived at his final point.

"All of this warmongering, and its proponents would have us believe they are of a noble cause."

He dramatically held up the stack of papers Lila had passed to him. Her eyes twinkled as she took in a deep breath of hope for his delivery.

"Here in my hand, is evidence, that the Ministry of Defense has lost yet another two billion dollars of allocated funding for procurement in the last five years. Further, these funds were suspiciously mishandled by procurement offices working directly with the top defense contractors in Corvusia!"

The chamber erupted into shouts, groans, and disbelief. The implications of the corrupt transfer of funds to companies charged with the production of defense assets for the republic were damning. This revelation truly turned the resolution of military action against General Zorn on its head.

Lila's chest heaved, as she took a breath, after holding it for the duration of Thornton's speech. He did it. He got the reaction that he wanted... that she wanted.

"Order! Order!" The steward blustered, face pale and dejected as he tried to regain control of his chamber.

"I move for a recess so we can analyze the senator's claims!" a member of the moderate caucus of the Forum shouted over the clamor.

"Seconded!"

Senator Thornton looked back at Lila, his face flush and a smile of victory upon it. In turn, she gave him her brightest smile, full of admiration.

"We will immediately go into a forty-eight-hour recess. Adjourned!"

Proponents of intervention snarled as they left the chamber, more delay in their resolution to face General Zorn directly. To them, it played directly into the Bastonian dictator's hand.

---

Within Senator Thornton's hand, the portrait of his late wife, Lydia, stared back at him from beyond. The darkness of his office felt overwhelming as he grasped the gilded frame that sat behind his desk. Reminiscing of the life they had together, the pain of it being cut short seeded resentment in his heart from the cruel nature of time. He regretted the time he spent away from her, in service to his constituents, in service to his nation. Lydia, for her part, was always proud of what he was doing.

Lila slipping through the threshold of his office stirred him, the sounds of the young intern making a different kind of regret fester within his mind.

"Senator?" The red-headed beauty stood beside his desk, a white short-sleeve blouse pulled tightly over her torso, and a pencil skirt fitted seductively around her hips. Her tone was one of concern, her eyes looking at his sorrowed hands holding the portrait of his wife. She knew of his struggles in the months since her death, Harold Thornton was not afraid to show weakness around his young staffer. Lila was, in fact, the only reason he was still here, still sticking to his guns on the Senate floor. He had almost resigned before he met the prospective intern in the hall. Her steely gaze and bright hair stirred something within him. Since then, she had hardly left his side. Ever the support and inspiration for his continued duties.

"Lila..." He smiled at her, a sparkle of a tear in his eye.

She crossed her hands in front of her, smiling as she respectfully kept her distance, in reverence to his mourning.

"No... it's fine, Lila. I was... I was just thinking about what she would say if she were here."

"She would be proud."

Harold nodded, looking into his wife's eyes within the image. She had a similar smile as Lila, one that struck him each time he saw it.

"I know I am proud... you were wonderful." Moist red lips parted to a wide grin as she awashed him with praise. Even a powerful Corvusian senator needed that.

Blushing, he sat the picture face down on the desk, his wife's image staring into the oak. He did not want her to be witness to what was next.

"I was thinking of your brother, the stories you told me of him, as I said it all." He stepped towards his intern, voice shaking as his hands trembled.

Lila's eyes were unmoved, remaining icy, though her smile portrayed welcome to his advance towards her.

"Thank you... senator... It means a lot."

"It must be hard."

"It is..." she shifted her gaze, though the senator could see her eyes never change as he came a pace away.

With a flick, he turned on a table lamp, the full light catching her shape in the shadows.

"You handle the grief well... I would never know your sorrow had you not told me."

Swallowing, her breath shallowed as he neared. Her heart raced as he questioned her, eyes darting side to side.

"I've... I've learned to bury it."

The senator was intrigued, his fingers dancing as he could smell her perfume.

"I'm envious... how?"

She could see his lust growing and smell it through the whiffs of the earthy musk of his cologne. "Focusing... on what matters."

The senator stopped inches away from her, his breath heavy, as he shared her proximity in his shadow.

"What matters to you, dear Lila?" He looked her over, hands trembling in anticipation.

"Giving you everything you need to keep the peace..." The sound of her zipper was a trigger for their hormones as her pencil skirt fell off her lush hips. Beneath it, white-lace panties danced across pale skin in patterns that reflected the light and held fancy over her lady bits.

"Oh... my..." The old man was always so gobsmacked by her when she stripped down. For a man of his power, a senator in the venerable republic, he was very shy. Lila often had to encourage him, though she found his boyish joy endearing.

Buttons unclasped across her blouse as she let her ladies loose and stomach free. Her thin waist splaying out into meaty hips held all the characteristics of feminine beauty and fertility, while her matching white-lace bra could hardly conceal her bright pink nipples.

In only her lingerie, she stood at the edge of his desk. Biting her lip, she sat upon its oak and felt her plump romp spill over its edges. She held her arms out to invite him into her embrace. The elder senator wasted no time joining her, as he pressed himself between her legs with his hands wrapped around her back. He laid his head against her breasts, allowing her to cradle him softly as she stroked his hair.

"You did amazing, Harry." She used his familiar name, the name his wife used. He had told her to at such times, memories falling over him as his hands began to poke and prod at her womanly form. "I am proud of you." She kissed his head, as he turned his face to bury his nose in her cleavage.

"Lydia..." He let out a long hot breath, the name of his late wife prickling her skin as they came to a realization of what was said.

Harold Thornton looked paralyzed by his mistake. Lila almost did not know what to do. Yet remembering why she was there, she cupped his cheek in her palm and smiled.

"It's okay," she said, as she reached behind her, unclasping her bra and pulling it free of his embrace.

No sooner was his face to her flesh did she feel the warm moisture of his tongue lapping at her sacks, fondling her graciously and lustfully. She guided him to their crown, his lips discovering her juicy pink nipples and latching on. Like a babe, he suckled on them, yet his free hand toyed with the other. His tastings of her were greedy. Harry would pull at them, gnash at them, tease them with his tongue. All of these actions made her moan and encouraged him to go further, as her hands serenaded his scalp.

Smacks of his lips against her moist nubs would give way to kisses among her torso, her abdomen, and ultimately, around her inner thighs. Lila sat further up on the senator's desk, opening her legs and placing her heels on its edge, to allow the older man to place himself between them; kneeling before her, like an altar. Her lace panties trickled with his slobber as he tongued and kissed her nether regions, fingers creeping in to pull back the white lace'til she was forced to lift her hindquarters to allow him to steal them from her body.

Standing up, Harold Thornton looked down at the nude woman, half his age, sitting on his desk with legs wide. He fondly met her gaze, the two sharing a smile as Lila ventured a laugh. He had such a kind expression, loving in a way. Not like many of the men she had been with, who sized her as if she were a slab of meat.

Wiggling her top half, hefty breasts swaying, she beckoned him to warm her. But like all the dozens of times they danced this dance before, he took the sight of her in.

"Harry, I'm cold," she cutely whined.

Lowering himself to his knees, his wrinkled face rested on her thighs. His lips planted smacks on her flesh.

"I have no right being with a beauty like you." His nose dared to lean in, tickling a hairless slit that leaked her essence.

Lila scuffed his thin grey hair in her hands.

"No one decides what rights men have with my body, other than me. And I give you every right." She bopped his hooked nose before leaning back on her arms, legs spreading wider as to grant access to the pink of her sex.

Smiling, his lips smacking before diving into her. His tongue first found the plump edges of her labia, separating them with a flick that caused her head to cast backward and red hair to flow over the papers and trinkets he kept on his desk. Her guttural moans echoed around the office, but neither were concerned as security demanded such offices be soundproof. Lila, herself, loved to be free with her primal and feminine calls of lust, during their activities, and atop his desk was one of the favorite places to do so.

Next, as his tongue probed into the tasty depths of her womanhood, he moved it as if to devourer her. Humming and feasting cast a tremble of pleasure along the young woman's back, as she dug her fingers into his hair. She could feel the rough hairs of his mustache tickling her bits. Her toes curled as he stuck his tongue down her channel, feeling the wetness of where he later would bury his cock, and further stimulating it to prepare for him.

All of this would go on for many long moments. The senator loved to impress upon her bare, fluffy cunt, the oral possessiveness that he could not seem to quench. Nor could he hear enough of her mystical whines in retort.

When his tongue grew tired, and her moistened slit could no longer get redder in stimulation, he surfaced for air. Lila was panting frantically as the older man came nose to nose with her, his grey mustache soaked in her juices. With a wipe of his hand, he leaned in for a kiss. The two embraced in a juxtaposition of youth and season, drenched in passion.

Breathing heavily as he leaned back to admire her, his hands shook in nervousness, his eyes in sweet consideration.

Lila would simply smile, giving all the permission he needed as a considerate man. She had had few considerate men in her life. She spread her legs more to invite him to stand between them. Her hands grasped at his belt'til it was undone and his zipper lowered. He joined her in the nude as she watched patiently, his grey hairs adorning his own body from chest to leg. Between his legs, a very erect penis pointing towards its target. Lila grasped it in her hand and stroked it kindly.

12