Intervention From an Unlikely Source

Story Info
Wife's tempted, intervention comes from unexpected source.
8k words
4.32
49.7k
72
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

\My name is Jenna Sorensen and I'm a 42-year-old mother of two precious girls, Amy 15, and Alexa 13. My husband Alex is 44. We've been married for 17 years and I've always loved my family and my life. I worked for several years as a personal assistant up until the time when Amy was born and I decided to raise my children rather than pursue a career. Alex is a very successful corporate attorney and we can live with just his income. Until recently I've been a stay-at-home mom. Now that the girls are older and I have more time on my hands I decided I wanted to do something outside the home but I wanted something that was flexible and had reasonable hours that allowed me to care for my family. They have always been and continued to be my priority.

My good friend and neighbor Melissa Knowlton was a nurse at the local hospital. We were having coffee on her day off and I told her about my desire to get out of the house a few days a week. She then told me, "Hey Jenna, you know the hospital is always looking for transportation team members both full and part time." I gave her a bewildered look before I chimed in,

"Sorry Melissa, I don't have a commercial license nor do I want to drive an ambulance."

It was Melissa's turn to look bewildered before she burst out in a fit of laughter. I asked, "What's so funny!"

Melissa finally calmed down and told me, "Jenna, I think you're a bit confused. The transport team is what you might have referred to as orderlies years ago. Now we just call them transportation team members. They transport patients to and from various tests and procedures and when they leave the hospital. They push wheelchairs and gurneys."

I asked, "Melissa, do they have any part time positions open?"

"Let me check." She pulled up the virtual bulletin board on her phone where open positions were listed. She looked and then said, "Good news Jen, there is a part time position open and it is from 11am-3pm Monday, Wednesday and Friday. It's just 12 hours a week and no weekends or holidays! It pays $12 an hour. That would be $576 per week."

"You know Melissa, I don't care about the money but more about getting out of the house. Though, it would be nice to have some mad money to spend that I can call my own. Do you think they would hire me?"

Melissa said, "Give me a sec." she left the room and was gone about ten minutes. When she returned, she said, "Go see Laura Angstrom in human resources. Bring you driver's license and social security card. You start on Monday. Laura and I go way back. She said she's had trouble filling the slot because no one wants that short shift since it's not enough to make a living on. I gave you a glowing recommendation and a letter of reference. Here's your copy."

I jumped up and hugged her as I said, "Thank you, thank you, thank you! This is perfect." We spent the rest of the morning gossiping. I met with Laura Angstrom at 11:45am and she had me fill out all the necessary paperwork. Melissa had told me where I could get the proper scrubs so after I left, I ran out and bought five pairs. I had a quick lunch and headed home. The girls had soccer practice which gave me time to try on my new uniform before I did laundry and started dinner.

Some might think I was dissatisfied with my life or was jealous of my husband. The fact is I wanted and decided to be a stay-at-home mom and Alex had the means for us to do it and supported me one hundred percent. He would've supported me had I decided to work as he wanted me to be happy and content with my life choices. I was.

The girls arrived home at 4:30pm and ran off to their room to put away their bags and put their dirty clothes in the hamper. They made their way back downstairs and sat to watch some TV after they set the table. Alex arrived at 5:30pm. He walked up to me and gave me a great big kiss and said, "Hello babe it's good to be home." He took care of his briefcase and went in and said hello to the girls. After he went and changed, I called them all in for dinner. The girls regaled us with their exploits on the soccer field during dinner. After dinner, the girl's helped me clean up before they went to their room to do their homework.

As soon as I entered the family room Alex looked at me and said, "Jenna what are you busting at the seams with?"

"Oh babe, guess what? Now that the girls are so busy with school, sports, and friends and are out of the house more than in I've decided I want to do something outside the house as well. I had coffee with Melissa today and told her about what I wanted to do and she hooked me up with a part time gig at the hospital as part of the transport team that moves patients to and from whenever and wherever they needed to be within the hospital. It's only for four hours on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 11-3. I met with the director of Human Resources this afternoon and I got the job. I start Monday!"

Alex seemed a little surprised as Jenna had never mentioned anything to him about wanting to work. Jenna saw the puzzled look on his face she reacted by being a bit put out. She added,

"You don't need to worry! My family is still my top priority! I'll be home in plenty of time to take care of things so your life won't be disrupted at all!"

Alex was again surprised by her ire. He looked at his wife and said, "My dear, I was surprised because you never mentioned to me that you had been considering working outside the home only to discover that you've already interviewed and accepted a position. I wasn't concerned with an interruption to my life or routine I was just curious why you never bothered to discuss it with me when we've always discussed all major life decisions, until now. Congratulations. I've got work to do." With that Alex left the room and headed for his study.

I realized I had perhaps been a bit unfair with my anger but I still felt Alex's reaction had been a bit too disappointing. I hadn't realized until that moment how much I looked forward to my new job. I thought I deserved Alex's support and hoped that he'd be as excited for me as I was about my new venture.

Alex sat in his study and reflected on what just transpired. He really didn't begrudge Jenna some time away from the household routine. He was most disappointed in her failure to disclose her desire to do so, but mostly, her failure to discuss it with him before she applied and accepted a position. Her anger at him for being a bit put off didn't sit well with him either. He felt he was due to some consideration. This was because they normally made such decisions together. Perhaps he was just stressed due to the pressures brought on by the mediation of a merger his team had worked on now for several months. He decided to not dwell upon it as he really did have work he needed to complete.

I avoided going to his study and when he didn't come out to apologize nor come to bed, I was livid. I stewed for a while before I grew too sleepy and tired to stay awake any longer. I planned on giving Alex a piece of my mind in the morning.

Unfortunately, Alex had an early morning presentation and was gone before I got out of bed. I spent the morning with my anger simmering at a slow boil and was ready to blow my top by lunch when the doorbell sounded. I answered the bell and found a delivery driver at the door with a large bouquet of flowers, a box of my favorite chocolates and a card. I put the chocolates on the table and placed the flowers in a vase before I opened the card. Inside the card was a handwritten note from her husband.

Dear Jenna,

Congratulations on the new job! I hope that it makes you happy as you deserve it! I'm sure you'll be the best transportation team member that hospital has ever had.

Love, Alex.

I felt the warmth as it ran down my cheeks and my eyes burned from the salty tears that fell in abundance. I felt guilty about my behavior last night and the way I handled it. I should've anticipated his reaction since Alex and I always discussed everything. I guess I had a pang of guilt for wanting to get away from the house for a few hours a week. I realized I should've told him about my feelings and discussed it with him but I never imagined things would happen so quickly. I decided I'd explain it to him this evening and reward him a bit later since the girls had a sleepover at a teammate's house that night.

After dinner as they sat relaxing Jenna apologized for her snit the previous night saying, "I'm sorry babe. Things happened so fast. I had given it a bit of thought but I hadn't even made up my mind as to if I really wanted to work outside the home. I was just discussing my feelings with Melissa when she sprang into action and before I knew it, I had a job. I was waiting to discuss it with you once I made my mind up but Melissa kind of rushed the process and once she did I decided I'd like to give it a try. I'm sorry I failed to discuss it with you before I leaped in, I got swept up in "Hurricane Melissa" without thinking, thank you for supporting me."

Alex knew that Melissa was a take charge type of person and easily saw her jumping the gun as she tried to help her friend. Her desire to help others was one of the reasons he liked Melissa. Alex replied, "Thank you Jenna. It was never about the job or your desire to work outside the home. It just surprised me and caught me a bit off guard. I've always supported you in whatever you needed to be happy and contented in your life and I still do."

That night they made slow passionate love. Alex had a magic tongue and had kissed his way down to her sex before he fully employed it. I have a freakishly huge clit that is very sensitive and responsive. It stuck out when aroused and erect. Alex sucked it like a small cock and it always drove me wild. As a result, I achieved three orgasms, two from oral before Alex finally finished and had his. I cleaned up and returned to bed and spooned with Alex. She was sated and sleepy. As I drifted off, I felt loved and well fucked.

The weekend went well and my excitement about my new position grew as the weekend progressed and the anticipation of having new experiences fueled my excitement. Saturday, we attended the girls' soccer match. We were the designated team parents for this game so Alex and I handed out orange wedges, bananas, and juice boxes to the team. We stopped in for a pizza on our way home. On Sunday the day was spent doing family things. That evening the girls finished their homework before bed and I modeled my new scrubs for Alex. He surprised me when gave me a pair of the best nursing shoes as he anticipated that I'd be doing a lot of walking. He told me Melissa helped him select them. I threw my arms around him after I opened the bag and told him, "Oh babe, I never even gave as much as a thought to my feet and all of the walking I'd be doing. Thank you so much, I love you!"

Alex replied, "I love you too."

Monday morning came and I managed to get Alex and the kids off to work and school before I showered, dressed in my new uniform, and anxiously waited until it was time to head to my new job. By the time I arrived I was ready to burst. I had to go to security, get photographed for my ID badge which I received soon after. It allowed me to access the floors of the hospital that were secured such as surgical suites, testing areas, radiology, maternity, and the emergency department.

I spent my first day getting acclimated to the different floors and wings of the hospital along with some instruction on proper hospital procedures and policies regarding my duties. I was given an employee manual and a copy of my job description. I was told to read through the materials and when I finished, I signed a paper saying I had read, understood, and acknowledged the receipt of the manual and job description. Then I watched some training videos, one was on general employee conduct, one on sexual harassment, grievance procedures and the like and one that specifically dealt with my position.

Wednesday I was shadowed by Sandy, another transportation team member, who gave me some training and helped me navigate the confusing twists and turns of the different floors. By Friday I was on my own and though it was fast paced I enjoyed interacting with the patients and staff. The following Friday I received my first paycheck. After taxes I netted $876.24. I felt so proud.

For the first three months I had no trouble balancing work and home life. I felt fulfilled and content. I found myself assigned, for the most part, to the med-surgical floor of the hospital and because I worked hard and was prompt, I was befriended by the day shift nurses on the floor. I had been there for four months when the nurses invited me to stop off and have a drink with them.

They worked 7am-3:30pm so we all got off at the same time. At first it was an hour or so once and occasionally twice per week. Since there had been a shortage of nurses in our small hospital when these girls were hired, they got premium shifts with weekends off in lieu of a cash bonus as an encouragement to sign on. They knew that this was a once in a lifetime opportunity, since they were offered what many nurses had to earn with lengthy years on the job. Fortunately, they were the first to apply and they got the shift perk. It allowed the hospital to fill a critical need area quickly and the cash they saved provided them with bonus money for four more nurses than they would've been able to afford otherwise.

The four nurses that worked on the floor were all young and single. The first time I joined them I was awed by their beauty as scrubs tend to hide feminine assets. Britney was 24 and had gorgeous blonde hair and cobalt blue eyes. She had the body of a model, I guessed she was about 36DD- 22- 34. Her breasts really stood out on her otherwise tiny frame. Allison was also 24, she had beautiful green eyes, auburn hair, and a voluptuous body. She was at least a 38 DD, maybe a 40, about 26 at the waist and at the hips most likely 38. She wasn't fat just full figured and very pretty. Amy was 25 and very petite. She had strawberry blonde hair and stood about 5'2" with about a 34 B on top, 22 at the waist and 28 in the hips. Her eyes were a soft, light blue.

Finally, Bethany. Bethany was the ringleader and organizer. She was 27 and engaged to be married. She was a beautiful brunette and had a killer figure. On top I guessed she was about 36 C and rounded out at 24 waist and 37 at the hips. It was Bethany who approached me one Friday afternoon and said, "Hey Jenna! I wanted to invite you to join us for a drink or two after shift. We usually go to Vincente's and hang out in the bar area. We order some apps and enjoy a drink just to relax and unwind and kickoff the weekend. We'd love for you to come with!"

I knew the girls would have practice after school and they and Alex wouldn't be home until at least 5:30pm. I decided that if I stayed for an hour, I'd still be home in time to fix dinner so I told Bethany, "Sure, it sounds like fun! I'd love to join all of you!" So began my weekly girl's night out or technically afternoon out. The girls were young and energetic and they played the juke box and danced with each other and we devoured appetizers with a bottle of wine or cocktails depending upon the mood. Bethany had declared our little group the posse. It was fun and playful and I enjoyed letting my hair down while honoring my commitment to my family.

We had so much fun on Friday afternoons that Bethany decided that we needed to stop on Wednesdays as well. We only stayed for an hour except once or twice we stayed an hour and a half. Those days I picked up a pizza or some Chinese for dinner. No one complained and everything ran smoothly for the first six months. Then on one of our Wednesday excursions we were having a really good time and no one wanted to leave.

Bethany said, "I think we ought to expand Fridays from the afternoon into a real girl's night out instead. We could drive home, dress up, call an Uber, and meet somewhere for dinner. Then we could go to a club and listen to some music and dance. We wouldn't have to worry about driving after drinking and we could enjoy ourselves without constantly looking at a clock. What do ya think ladies?"

Britney, Allison, and Amy quickly said they were in. Suddenly, I had eight pairs of eyes on me. I knew that going out would take me away from my family and responsibilities at home if I agreed to join them. Also, I realized that if I didn't join them, I would be reduced to the occasional Wednesday afternoons to socialize with them. Bethany then said, "Come on Jenna, the posse won't be the same without you! Say yes!"

I was really torn but, in the end, I just didn't want to give up my new friends and freedom. I rationalized that it was just one night a week and I thought it wouldn't hurt Alex to look after things at home and I promised myself I would behave and get home at a reasonable hour to spend some alone time with my husband. So, I chimed in, "I'm in ladies." I broke the news to Alex on Thursday evening after I cooked his favorite dinner, filet with baked potato and asparagus with homemade hollandaise sauce. Alex enjoyed dinner and after we relaxed and watched a movie. Once the girls went to bed, I decided I'd better spring it on him since tomorrow was the first planned GNO.

"Alex, honey. I need to speak with you about something. You know how I've been stopping off with some of the nurses I work with on Wednesdays and Fridays?" Alex nodded but looked curious as to what I had planned. "Well, the girls and I had so much fun last week we didn't want it to end. Well, one of the nurses thought we should expand our Friday afternoon into a real girl's night out."

Alex said, "Just what would this entail? I don't want you drinking excessively and driving home. Just how long would you be out, how are you going to get there?"

I told him, "Bethany, one of the nurses said that we should drive home first, dress for dinner out and take an Uber to and from home so we wouldn't be driving after drinking. I can leave anytime I'd like but I don't imagine I'd be out past 10pm, 11 at the latest. Alex, I'd really like to go. I have a lot of fun with the group and I don't want to be left out. They've planned out going out tomorrow night."

Alex asked, "Is this to be a weekly thing or perhaps just once or twice a month? This appears that it would cut into time we spend together. We usually reserve Fridays for our date nights."

I took his hand in mine and assured him, "Babe, I'll suggest it be a monthly or twice monthly excursion at the most and I promise to get home and spend some time with you on those evenings. Even if it meant leaving before the rest of the crew."

Alex looked deeply into my eyes and said, "I know you don't need my permission and I appreciate you discussing it with me. However, you told me that working outside the home wouldn't impact us. Now, you plan on curtailing "our time" to spend with friends. However, if socializing with the girls is more important, it's your decision. I can't or won't say I'm happy about it."

"Alex, you're being unfair and unreasonable!"

Alex added, "Why? Because I don't like the fact? As I told you it's your choice. Also, if you go clubbing or bar hopping be aware of the predators out there. Make sure you don't leave your drinks unattended or take any type of drug no matter how much your cajoled to do so. Remember to respect yourself and your family. Don't allow alcohol to lower your inhibitions to a point where you forget what's important."

I looked at him incredulously and said, "Alex, I'd never, ever do that, I swear! I thought you trusted me!" I felt the tears well up in my eyes.

He looked at me tenderly and with love as he said, "Jenna, darling, that are many threats and temptations out there and many opportunists looking to find and exploit vulnerabilities in women or women in vulnerable situations while attempting to bed them. The lounge lizards come on strong and put the full court press on you. Some act suave, charming, and may even be handsome or ooze sex appeal. They will try to ply you with free drinks, touch and rub you inappropriately while dancing, all the while pushing the envelope toward inappropriate touching or kissing, hand holding and other things as they attempt to get you to leave with them seduce you into breaking your vows."