All Comments on 'Into the Chaos Ch. 05'

by Athlantian

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
DucatastiDucatastiabout 2 months ago

Great yarn, really looking forward to the upcoming chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Well done,longing for more chapters .

Congratulations

OftenRomanticOftenRomanticabout 2 months ago

As Ducatasti said, great yarn! Good mix of daily life, personal combat, and fleet actions.

I may be on the spectrum, but I noticed Admiral Hennat's note said: "This is the last I'll ever write. The pulsar got us good and the whole battlegroup is dying. We have no power, NO FOOD, and the air is running out." (emphasis added)

NO FOOD can't be true because Thalen said they had years of food on the ships, and since the ships had only been trapped for a few years it was all good. At first I thought maybe they couldn't use the food because of no power, but Thalen ordered 3 weeks of the food in the crews quarters in the event they lost power, so that should mean Admiral's crew could have used the food.

And speaking of no power, I'm assuming the Chief Engineer had the knowledge to restore power while no one in the Admiral's crew could do that?

Like I said, nitpicky, but still inconsistent story line.

I love your Away From Home saga, but I think this "yarn" is even better. Thank you for sharing your word art.

AnonymousAnonymous22 days ago

A Sith admiral probably has different standards on what is "food" than ordinary grunts have, let alone former slaves.

Plus, what with the running out of air thing, that admiral won't have had any reason to start getting less picky about what he might eat.

AthlantianAthlantian21 days agoAuthor

Okay, let me explain this. Zero-g Rations is a thing, however the reason why Thalen ordered 3 weeks of food to the CREWS QUARTERS, was that those rations were in a cargo hold. A cargo hold, that (according to the schematics), cannot be easily accessed while the power is off.

Second, re-starting the reactors, is not only a question about knowledge. It also takes power. You can imagine that's like starting a car. You need power on the battery to make the starter turn. If you don't have that you'll need to external power (Usually by jumper cables), until the motor is running. However, when in the ionized field of a pulsar, it'll drain averything, so they didn't have the power to restart anything.

So, it's not inconsistency in the storyline, more a failure from my part to make those points more clearly than they are now.

JDSavanyuJDSavanyu11 days ago

Good chapter. Don't worry, the big studios never sue any Literotica writers for using their "intellectual property." Not worth the lawyer money or public embarrassment to them

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

Amazing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous