Invisible

Story Info
Depression can be such a cruel bitch.
9.2k words
3.72
33.4k
31
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
FantasyXY
FantasyXY
312 Followers

Trudging up one isle and down the next, dodging busy workers and shopping carts, Baxter made his way unnoticed through the crowded store.

This was Saturday morning, and for Baxter that meant a trip to Cost Club. This is how every weekend started. A routine as reliable as clockwork. But today, that clock seemed a bit off. Something wasn't quite right.

Baxter had come to the store by himself. He felt like an outcast, a pariah. Not a single person spoke to him. Not one kind smile met him. No one looked his way. He was awash in a sea of people, yet was all alone. He wondered if was possible. Had he somehow become invisible.

The last few days had been a challenge. Tough times to say the least. He'd had a disagreement argument with his wife. The quarrel that followed was as bad as they come. Horrible words were used, vicious names were called, and accusations of infidelity flew. In the heat of the argument Baxter stormed out of the house in a rage, yelling out loud that he would not be made a cuckold.

Walking out that night was a mistake. Baxter realized that now. Ever since, Karen refused to speak to him. In fact, she wouldn't even acknowledge his presence... and it had been days since the fight. If you asked Baxter, he'd say she was overreacting. She was being kind of childish. Especially considering the things that Baxter saw.

Baxter tried to be the bigger man. He tried to put it all behind him. She knew where he stood. He didn't need to rehash it. What's done is done, he said. He assumed she would get over it soon. Surely she would go with him to the store. After all, it was her idea to make Saturday mornings at Cost Club their routine. That was the thought anyway, but that thought turned out to be wrong.

Sure Baxter had asked her to go. He even asked nicely. He'd extended an olive branch. He even swallowed his pride and said he was wrong. But she just ignored him, still pretending he wasn't there. Still acting childish. Still not talking. She was still pretty mad, he guessed.

Without his wife along, the store just wasn't the same. Everything seemed out of kilter. He felt as if he were sleepwalking. Nothing appealed to him. Not even the free food. Getting a sample just wasn't any fun without her teasing him about going back for seconds, or getting away with sneaking back for a thirds. It was just as well, he supposed. He wasn't there to buy food anyway. Karen hadn't cooked a single morsel for him since the fight.

Still, a free sample here and there would have been nice, but none of the nice old ladies in hairnets bothered to offer him anything. They all seemed to be ignoring him. They were all acting kind of like Karen. He didn't care. His appetite had been near zero ever since he looked in that box. The very box that caused the fight. The one that showed him Karen was taking a lover.

He thought that doing his regular routine would get his mind off that box, but it didn't. A weird state of mind had set in. Baxter was emotionally flat. Some would call it numb to the world, but truthfully he wasn't even that. Numb would have been a feeling, and frankly, he felt nothing. Since their big fight he had no needs, no wants, no aspirations... no desire to live. Depression can be such a cruel bitch.

Maybe a gift to fix up things at home, he thought. Maybe a peace offering would get her to break her silence. Then they could at least talk about what happened. It was then he spotted the latest miracle for the modern home. Karen had been wanting one of those. What a perfect idea. But as he was assessing its features, a young foreign family nearly pushed him out of the way and grabbed up the very box he was reading... joyfully carting off what appeared to be the last one.

Of all the nerve! Baxter should have been enraged, but he wasn't. Instead he just mumbled obscenities about them under his breath. It didn't matter what he said. They obviously didn't speak English, or maybe they just didn't hear him over their odd foreign sounding chatter.

That rude family was the last straw. He was done with Cost Club. Baxter chalked up this week's trip as just another bad idea. It turned out to be the second dumbest thing he'd done that week. The first was starting that fight with Karen. Yeah, starting that fight was destined to be enshrined in the dumb ideas hall of fame.

What to do next? Oh, what to do?... A quick visit to the men's room seemed in order. It was going to be a long walk home. "This should be simple," he thought, but even using the john was a disaster. He just stood there, unable to go, averting his eyes as other men used the toilets around him, most of whom stood far too close for Baxter's comfort. Making him wonder about sexual preferences these days, and what the world was coming to.

Washing his hands went no better. The sinks seemed to be in cahoots with his wife. No matter how he held or waved his hands, the faucets just ignored him. "Shit! What am I, invisible or something?" He asked himself. "These fucking auto sensing faucets never work. How's a guy supposed to wash his hands after he uses the toilet anyway? These things suck."

"Oh, that one over there works." Baxter was surprised to see that other men were having no trouble. "That guy is practically drowning in water. I'll try that one when he's done."

"What the hell? What's he doing? Fuck! He's washing his hands, his arms, his face and even slicking back his hair. If he gets his balls out and starts washing them, I'm outta here. Fuck it... Never mind... I didn't piss on my damn hands anyway. Hell, I can't remember pissing at all. I am so done with this place. I'm going home."

Baxter left Cost Club in yet another huff, muttering and kicking at imaginary dirt clods nearly every step of the way. Ever since he wrecked his car he had to walk. Of course there was the bus, but those useless pieces of shit never went anywhere he needed to go. So walking it was, and everywhere he went he grumbled about how long it was taking the shop to fix this car.

Having to walk was humiliating, but not having a car was even worse. The lack a car was keeping him from making up with Karen. Surely a romantic weekend to Singing River Falls would smooth things over. Of course the key to that plan was the long scenic drive to get there. The road to the falls was called Lover's Loop for a reason. True to its name, it was along that very drive where Karen first told Baxter that she loved him. Getting that car back meant everything.

Baxter was halfway home when he tried calling Joe. Certainly his best friend would have some advice for melting the ice between him and Karen. After all, it was Joe who introduced them. But all Baxter got was the distant sound of a phone ringing at the other end of the line. Joe never picked up. The call didn't even go to voicemail. It was just like every other call Baxter had made since the fight. The faint echoey ringing just went on and on.

"Maybe Karen got Joe," Baxter joked as gave up on the call. "Yeah she got to both Joe and that sink back at Cost Club. She must have convinced both of them that I deserved to be ignored."

Baxter's life seemed empty. He never felt so alone. No one had said more than two words to him in days. Even the little girls playing hop scotch on his way home seemed to ignore him, and he had practically walked through the middle of their game.

Indeed, Baxter felt as if he had become invisible. He knew that was impossible, but still he wondered why people ignored him so. He figured it was all about the horrible mood he was in. The look on his face must have been dreadful. The incredible sadness he felt must have been warding people off. No one wants to be around that kind of darkness. Baxter tried to make himself smile, but his face wouldn't cooperate.

He had been afoot for more than an hour, but Baxter finally made it home. As he walked through the front door he called out to Karen. Of course she didn't answer. Still mad at him, he figured. He wandered around, hoping to find her. That's when he heard a sound. A sound that told Baxter his wife was in the bedroom... and he could have sworn she was masturbating.

Now Karen had always claimed she doesn't do that, but Baxter was pretty sure she did. It had been days since they last had sex. In fact it was well before the fight. She was probably in need of some relief. Since she had the house to herself, why not go for it. Knowing it was unlikely she would get caught.

Of course rubbing one out in an empty house is one thing, but what Baxter was hearing is another. If she was simply pleasuring herself, there would be no reason for Baxter to hear what he heard. There was a man's voice coming from that room. Now who the hell would be visiting on a Saturday morning, he wondered.

It must be the TV, Baxter decided as denial set in. There are those shows she never misses, he figured. Romantic crap he couldn't stand to watch. In fact she had their video recorder so crammed full of that stuff there was little room for anything else. She always says it's about the drama. She liked to claim the characters speak to her.

But that's not the whole story. Not by a long shot. Baxter knows exactly why she watches what she does. It's all about the fit handsome men who somehow end up shirtless in nearly every episode. Those shows are like porn for women. If she was going to crank one out, surely it would be while watching some of that tripe.

So he stands at the end of the hallway carefully listening. Wondering which Hollywood hunk she is pining for now. What he hears tells him his wife is really going to town on her pussy, but she isn't as alone as Baxter had hoped. There is no doubt she has some company. His wife is in that room with a man. A man made of real flesh and blood, not some hunk on the TV.

Baxter was right all along. She had been planning to cheat. Now he feels vindicated. He feels he was right to have fought with Karen. That gift box was something he wasn't supposed to find. The sexy lingerie inside he was never supposed to see. Those sexy things were no doubt a gift from another man. A man who intended to bed her.

Baxter was right to confront her, and of course she denied they were hers. She denied she had a lover. She denied she was a cheater. She denied everything. Of course she did. He now had her dead to rights. He had all the proof he needed. She couldn't deny this now.

Still, nothing felt quite right. He should have been hot with anger, but what he felt was the dead opposite. What his wife was doing was wrong. That should have been a call to action, but Baxter failed to react. Something deep inside was telling him he didn't matter anymore. Something told him he wasn't even supposed to be there.

Part of Baxter's inner self was tugging hard at his indescision, telling him to just give up and leave. "Maybe I should just walk away," he reasoned. "I really don't belong here. Maybe I should just let it go and move on." Sure, that would have been easy, but Baxter didn't listen.

That part of Baxter went silent. He no longer wanted to leave. Now he is oddly drawn to the sounds he is hearing. He wants to know more. Then without remembering taking a single step, he finds himself standing with an ear against the bedroom door.

Listening intently now, he can hear the rhythmic creaking of the bed he and his wife have shared since the day they married. They were really going at it in there, and it sounded like Karen was having the time of her life. Not only that, Baxter now recognizes the voice of the man she is with. That man's voice belongs to none other than his best friend Joe.

"Son of a bitch," Baxter mutters to himself, feeling caught somewhere between a dream and a nightmare. His brain is in a fog, woozy, shaking, his thinking slow. It's as if he is having an out of body experience, or maybe a bad moonshine drunk. He didn't think things could get any worse than they were, but he was mistaken. The massive state of depression he had been struggling with was starting to deepen.

Baxter is now terribly conflicted. On one hand he wants to burst into that room and put a stop to the madness. On the other hand he wants to run far, far away. Beyond that, he has this nagging need to know exactly what Karen and Joe are doing. He wonders if Karen is in love with Joe. He wonders if his now former best friend is better in bed than he is. Most of all he wants to know why. Why is this happening? Why is she doing this to him... why... why... why?

Why indeed... Why is Baxter now standing at the foot of the bed? The two lover's long forgotten clothes puddled beneath his feet. He has no recollection of entering the room, but he must have. He is just standing there, confused and aghast, watching as Joe rhythmically thrusts over and over into his wife. It's like watching the hammer of an oil rig rocking up and down, up and down... Joe penetrating her sex again and again, with Karen lovingly gazing into his eyes mewing with pleasure.

Baxter desperately wants this torment to stop. He wants to yell out, but finds he cannot make a sound. It's as if he is trapped in the dream he often had as a child. The one where he tried to warn his parents that a terrible man coming to kill them, but they could not hear him.

Just as Baxter thinks he will never find his voice again, Karen seems to have no problem finding hers. "Oh my god you feel absolutely amazing inside me," She praises as Joe picks up the pace. "I can't believe it. Oh no, don't stop. Oh my god, I'm coming again!"

That was when Baxter saw Karen grab Joe's ass, pulling him deep inside her while she held her breath and grunted, straining and writhing with intense pleasure.

"Again? What does she mean, again?" Baxter asked himself. "She never comes twice with me, and never like that!"

As Karen's orgasm relaxed, Joe bent to give her a tender loving kiss. Then in a deep quiet voice dripping with sex he added, "That's three so far by my count. It hardly seems fair my love."

"Well four, if you count that one you gave me with your mouth." Karen proudly stated. "You know you are an incredible man Joe. I've never had anything like this in my life. No matter how much I loved Baxter, he could never make me do that."

"Well, at least that answered that," Baxter muttered to himself. "She said loved. Past tense of love. That means she doesn't love me anymore. She loves Joe now, and if I had to guess, it's because he is better in bed."

Baxter was incredibly humiliated. His inner voice told him he would be better off dead, but then more denial set in and a string of thoughts gave him hope... "Maybe Karen just wants it to look like Joe is the better man, he concluded. Maybe she didn't really have all those orgasms. She's just rubbing this whole thing in my face. Lobbing a final volley into our fight, so to speak. She always did have to have the last word."

Then as if on cue, Karen put the icing on the cake... "It's your turn now." Karen pulled Joe close and wrapped her long shapely legs around his waist. "Cum for me Joe. Put that beautiful thing of yours deep inside me and cum. I want you to put a baby in me. Make me pregnant Joe."

Now that answered another question Baxter had. They definitely weren't using a condom. She always did love that skin on skin feeling. Then at that very moment, what Karen had just said finally registered, and hit Baxter like a ton of bricks. She was actually trying to get pregnant. She wanted to have another man's baby. That didn't sit well with Baxter, and he finally found his voice.

At first his words were just a whisper. Next his voice was just a squeak. Then all his confusion and rage came out at once in a loud incoherent stream... "Dammit Karen. What the damn fuck? How the fuck could you do this? You're so fucking, damn mean fuck... I mean, how the fuck could you be so damn mean? And son of a fuck Joe? What the actual fuck? I thought you were my god dammed friend."

Baxter's swear word filled tirade didn't make much sense. It also didn't seem to matter. Not in the least bit. The two lovers just ignored Baxter, as his wife continued openly praising Joe's perfect cock... telling him all about how amazingly well it was filling her.

"What the fuck are they doing?" Joe muttered to himself. "How the fuck can they just go on ignoring me? They know I'm right here. How could they not? I just stood right here and yelled at them, and they didn't even flinch."

Then something dawned on Baxter. He had read about this. Now he knew what must be going on here. This ignoring the husband routine is how a woman puts the would-be cuckold in his place. It's part of the cuckold life style. Having sex in front of the unlucky fellow while pretending he isn't there is all part of the game.

This had to be an act. All part of some god awful plan, and this little routine of Karen's was having its intended effect. Being made to watch was the lowest, most humiliating thing Baxter had ever endured.

About the time Baxter realized Karen was trying to turn him into a lowly cuckold, Joe let out a grunting moan, arched his back, and stabbed his cock deep into Karen. Baxter knew exactly what that meant. Joe was coming... shooting his potent, virile seed deep inside his wife, just like she had begged him to do.

When Joe was done coming, the two relaxed and fell in a heap. Landing together in a tangle of nakedness on the bed. There they lay. Tenderly kissing and caressing each other in complete ecstasy. If this was part of the show, then Karen was doing a damn good job of it. Without a doubt, she was succeeding in turning Baxter into the most pathetic cuckold ever.

This all quite strange to Baxter. Why would he just stand there watching his wife and her lover lay in post coital bliss? Could it be that he got some sick satisfaction from it, or were the last few days so horrible that he couldn't find it in himself to react. Whatever the cause, he just stood there. He had felt numb ever since that fight, and now he was even more so.

Baxter knew he should have been enraged. Most men would have been fighting back. He should have been screaming at Karen and kicking Joe's ass. Instead he just stood there no feeling, other than the misguided love he had for his wife... a love that by all rights should have been long gone. Maybe she was right to do this. Maybe he was that guy. Maybe he should just go ahead and become her sissy cuckold. Maybe he somehow deserved all of this.

If inflicting a mountain of pain and humiliation was what Karen had intended, then congratulations were in order. In the last few moments Baxter had been driven to a point so low it was beyond comprehension. He felt dead inside. Yet he still couldn't look away. He couldn't take his eyes off of the two lovers cuddling in front of him.

Despite the lovers attempt to keep their sex together, Joe's softening cock could not hold on. Slowly, it slipped from between Karen's legs and softly swung to the side. Then as Joe rolled off to the side, Karen's legs fell open. That's when Baxter noticed the thick white string of cum, sagging down like softened taffy as it stretched from Karen's wet creamy slit to the glistening head of Joe's cock.

Well there it was. The final cuckold humiliation. They had their fun fucking each other while pretending he wasn't there. They had praised each other and talked bad about Baxter. They had even let him know just how incredibly good they were together. Now Karen was making one final point by showing Baxter what cuckolds call the creampie.

Then Karen just hovered there for a bit. Her legs spread out in front of Baxter. Blatantly showing off her well fucked pussy. That's when a second glob of cum oozed from inside her and ran down her ass.

With that, Karen wriggled over to the edge of the bed and gave the head of Joe's cock an appreciative kiss. Then she practically ran right through Baxter towards the bathroom to clean up. This was Baxter's chance.

FantasyXY
FantasyXY
312 Followers