Irish Whiskey

Story Info
There are two ways to get over a failed relationship.
7.7k words
4.74
21.4k
65
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As the L train flitted along the track in the darkening city, no one noticed the young woman sobbing in the plastic seats at the back of the car. But then, was she sobbing? She certainly felt like crying. She stared into her reflection in the window across the body of the train and saw there were no tears streaking her face. No gasps escaped her chest. In fact, she looked utterly demure, calm.

Definitely not like a woman who'd just found out her fiance was cheating on her with her best friend.

She tucked her long, black hair behind an ear as she examined her reflection. Nope, definitely not crying. Strange. She should be crying, she should be screaming and throwing things. That's what people did in the movies when they walked in on their naked fiance with his dick deep in another woman. But she hadn't. She'd barely made a noise. Even when he shifted aside and she saw the woman was her best friend, the friend she'd known 11 years, the one who was going to be her maid of honor.

Even then, all she'd done was let out an embarrassed huff, turned, and left.

Now she sat on the L train with no destination in mind and her phone turned off in her left hand. She'd shut it off after the fourth call from them and seventh text. Them. She idly wondered how long they'd been a "them". Shuddering, she found she didn't want to know right now.

She also didn't want to go back to her own apartment. She didn't want to call anyone. What did she want right now?

Being honest, she wanted a fucking drink.

At the next stop, she hopped off the L in a familiar neighborhood. She knew these buildings and streets well. Her feet led her away from the station to a little pub with a green four leaf clover neon sign over the door. The green was a stark contrast with the warmer colored street lights. She pulled open the heavy door by its ornate iron handle and was greeted by the smells of a classic dive bar. Cheap beer, fried food, and stale smoke. Perfect.

The sound of Irish music and male laughter along with the clinking and sloshes of a restaurant pulled her in further. Right inside the door was a chalkboard with a crude drawing of a hand raising its middle finger and the words "Seat your fucking self" scrawled lazily beside.

She smiled.

The room was dim and small with a few booths along the wall. Decorative tin ceiling tiles reflected the lights above her. She remembered pointing them out the only other time she'd been here.

Her fiance, Mark, had ushered her in for a quick drink on their way home one night out. She pointed out the interesting ceiling much to his amusement.

"Of course you'd notice the ceiling, you're always looking up, babe!" He snickered and kissed the top of her head condescendingly.

This was true. At just five feet tall, most of the time she was looking up. Even in heels, as she wore tonight, she was shorter than every adult on the train and most of the teenagers.

"Did you hear me? What can I get ya?" A lilting Irish accent interrupted her thoughts. She didn't realize she'd made her way to the gleaming, mahogany bar top.

"Oh! I'm sorry. I, uh, don't know yet."

A stunning, strawberry blonde leaned over the bar, looking expectantly, "Well, what are ya in the mood for, hun?" Her words chopped together, connecting consonants in a distinctly Irish way.

"What would you drink if you just found your fiance in bed with your best friend?" She chuckled darkly.

"Oh. Shit." The bartender pressed her lips together. "I'll be right back."

Taking off her jacket and letting her work bag fall to the floor, she dropped onto a barstool. Her sleek black hair fell forward a bit as she looked down at the coaster in front of her. "O'Grady's" was spelled out in a swooping green font.

"Here we go," the bartender returned with a tall, dark bottle and a pint of Guinness. "The second best way to forget a bastard." She grinned as she poured a shot. "What's his name anyway?"

"Mark."

"Right. Fuck Mark!" The blonde pushed her the shot and laughed as she coughed over the strong liquor. "Guinness chaser."

The beer was cold and bitter. Not usually her thing, but she had a feeling any alcohol was her thing tonight.

The bartender poured another shot, "What's your name, hun?"

"Haddie."

"Nice to meet you, Haddie. I'm Cameron. Sorry for your shit night, first shot's on me."

"Thanks," Haddie grimaced and took the second shot.

"No problem, let me know if you need anything else." Cameron took the bottle back to the shelf and headed to help a few young guys who'd just arrived at the bar.

Haddie nursed her beer and debated turning her phone back on. She really didn't want to hear from them. In fact, she couldn't even bring herself to care if they were still at Mark's apartment together. Oddly, she did think about Lucy's bridesmaid dress, which was currently at Haddie's apartment in the closet.

Lucy. Her best friend. The one who pulled her out of her shell in college, got her to go out and meet people. Hell, Lucy was the reason Haddie had her current job. She was there when she and Mark met and when they got engaged. Lucy was helping plan the wedding. Well, not anymore, Haddie snorted.

The shots and beer were reaching her head faster than she'd expected. She shook her hair back away from her face and eyed the small TV over the bar. It was on the ten o'clock news. Clearly, this wasn't a sports bar. The music and lack of large TVs gave the distinct impression that drinking and eating were the business of the pub.

Hmm, eating, thought Haddie. I should probably eat something. She'd planned to have a late bite at Mark's when she got to his apartment. Coming straight from a long night at work, which happened about once a week, she liked to raid his fridge while winding down. He was always so sweet to her. He kept a shelf in his pantry with her favorite snacks and always had a bottle of wine for those late nights. Wonder if Lucy will get that wine now, she thought.

"Need anything?" Cameron slid over to Haddie, wiping the bar as she came.

"Food?" Haddie brushed a few stray, black strands over her shoulder.

"Sure thing! Do you want a menu?"

"Nah, just like, nachos or something?"

"I can do that. Need another?" She gestured to Haddie's almost empty glass.

"Yeah, lighter?"

Cameron chuckled, "Sure thing, sweetie."

She came back with a paler beer and a plate of nachos a few minutes later. Haddie was slowly turning her phone over on the bar. Flipping the face down, then up, down, up. Cameron hesitantly put her hand on Haddie's to stop her.

"Hey, you have someplace to go tonight?"

"What?" Haddie was distracted by the woman's touch. "Oh, yeah, my apartment. We don't live together."

"Good," she smiled and patted her hand.

The nachos were good. Haddie ate and watched the way Cameron ran the bar. She was chatty, smiled often, and had a knack for anticipating when a customer needed something. She popped back over as Haddie was slowing down on her plate.

"How's the food?"

"Absorbing the alcohol," Haddie answered almost happily. She took a swig of beer.

"So, you want to tell me more about your shit night? Or do you want to talk about something else."

"What's the first best way to forget a bastard? You said whiskey was the second best..."

"Oh!" Cameron chuckled, "Well the best way is to fuck someone new," she whispered conspiratorially.

Haddie laughed, "Got it. I'll stick with the beer tonight."

"Suit yourself," Cameron said with a wink. She went back to wiping down the bar and clearing glasses from the other patrons, occasionally smiling at Haddie.

Now, two shots and two beers in two hours was usually just enough to get Haddie into a good mood. She was a giggly drunk and she could feel the stupid grin trying to crack her face while she finished sipping her drink. It was ridiculous. She should be crying alone in her dark apartment while the dulcet tones of some angsty, female singer filled the air. Instead, she was sitting at a dive bar, giggling into her drink, and admittedly checking out the hot bartender bringing her refills. Was this some kind of mental break? She didn't feel crazy, but did crazy people know it?

"We're at last call, Haddie. Need another?" Cameron's sweet accent brought her attention back from the napkin she was twirling around her finger.

"Yeah, another shot?"

"Sure!" Cameron's smile gleamed. She had small, beautifully white teeth that shone beneath full lips. Haddie shook her head, trying not to linger on her lips. "Hey, I'll do one with you, I haven't had a drink all night."

The woman came back with the same bottle from earlier and two fresh glasses. She poured the shots easily with one hand.

"To forgetting cheating bastards and lying friends!" Haddie called as they clinked the glasses on the bar top and tipped the shots into their mouths. Cameron laughed as Haddie hiccuped.

"Hey, ya lazy ass! Is this what ya do all night? Drink my whiskey and flirt?" A male voice called from the back of the bar. Cameron turned and Haddie saw a tall, gruff man standing in the doorway between the kitchen and the bar. He had a thicker accent, rough hands, and seemed to be trying not to laugh.

"Aw, shut up, Tadhg! I'm helping a customer here!" Cameron hollered back chuckling.

"Well, shit, you'd think you'd do a better job!" Tadhg called looking a little worried as Haddie started to slip sideways on her stool, giggling.

"Oops!" she laughed and righted herself by holding the bar top. "I'd better pay so you can close up." She was proud her words didn't sound slurred, even as her movements to get her card out were clearly inhibited. Cameron let her pay, but Haddie was aware that she and Tadhg seemed to be in a quiet discussion, each looking over at her as they whispered. Finally, the massive man gave Cameron a little shove her way and the woman seemed to acquiesce to his lead.

"Haddie," Cameron started a little unsure, "Do you need a ride back to your apartment? I can't let you wander out of here like this." She gestured to the way Haddie was wobbling on her heels as she tried to pick up her work bag.

"I can call a car," Haddie said as she hit the power button on her phone. As soon as it powered up, the incessant buzzing reminded her of why she'd shut it off in the first place, text after text came flooding in, twenty-two missed calls, most from Mark, a few from Lucy, and one from her sister. She shook her head, long, glossy hair shimmering in the bar light.

One text caught her eye, from Mark: Baby, I'm at your apartment. Where did you go? We need to talk.

"The fuck we do!" Haddie said aloud, then shut off her phone. Cameron's brow furrowed as Haddie huffed. "Well, I can't go back to my apartment, I wonder if a cab will take me out to Tinley Park this time of night? My sister should still be up," she said idly.

"That's ridiculous, come with me. I promise I'm not a serial killer. My flat is small, but there's also coffee," Cameron hooked Haddie's elbow as she threatened to tip off her heels onto the bar floor.

"Ya know, assuring people you aren't a serial killer, kinda makes you look like a serial killer."

Cameron laughed, "Fair enough. Come on. I live within walking distance, well, teetering distance for you I guess." She kept her arm under Haddie's and helped her out the solid door into the brisk night. The light wind kicked up under them and was a refreshing feeling after the bar.

Haddie was acutely aware of Cameron's firm arm and soft, flowery perfume as they made their way down the street. Every now and then the strawberry blonde curls would blow into her face, causing Cameron to huff and brush them away. She smiled a lot and Haddie was glad to see her bubbly personality wasn't just a show for patrons, but seemed to be genuine.

"Here we are!" Cameron called in her faint accent as they approached a five story walk-up built of brown bricks with large, glossy windows. They entered the old building and Haddie had to take her heels off to climb the stairs. Apparently, Cameron lived on the fifth floor and the only elevator was a service one at the back of the building that no one had a key to.

The apartment Haddie was let into was neat and compact. By the time she set down her bag, heels, and coat, Cameron was already in the small kitchen making a pot of coffee. She bustled about just like she did in the bar, every moment precise, but with a little extra bounce.

Beyond the little kitchen to the right, Haddie saw a living room with a comfy sofa and TV stand. There was only one door off this, she guessed leading to the bedroom/bathroom. Being in a complete stranger's apartment felt weird. She found herself looking for clues to the blonde's life. The books on the shelves were mostly fantasy fiction or cook books. There were a few stray cups of water on different tables, like Cameron had got a new glass a few times without realizing she had one out already. Haddie noticed a sock and a lacey black pair of panties poking out from under the sofa. It all looked lived in and loved.

"How do you take your coffee?" the bartender called from the counter.

"Just sugar please," Haddie replied as she moved to the windows on the living room wall to take in the view of the dark city. She felt Cameron quietly approach from behind.

"Here, this will help with the wobbles. Come sit?"

Haddie followed her to the little sofa and admired the way the taller woman folded herself to sit gracefully on one end. "Your apartment is adorable."

Cameron beamed, "Thank you! It took a lot to fit it up with the right sized furniture. But IKEA was my godsend."

"Mine too!" laughed Haddie, "I told Mark we were going to throw out all his old, crappy furniture when we got married." A shadow passed over her face as she realized that was not necessary now. Mark could keep his cheap, mismatched furniture and his bachelor apartment.

"I know it's a stupid question to ask, but, are you okay?" Cameron's eyes crinkled in concern as she searched Haddie's face.

"I don't know." She put down her coffee cup and sank back on the sofa. "I guess I should be mad or heartbroken, but I just can't bring myself to cry. I don't even really care that much that the wedding is off. I'm more frustrated that all the planning went to waste and now I have to call everyone and explain why."

"That shouldn't be your job, Haddie. Mark and your friend are the ones that need to explain."

"Lucy."

"What?"

"My best friend's name, it's Lucy."

"Oh. And has she always been this bad of a friend?" Cameron asked with a bit of bite to her voice.

"No, not this bad. Not great, but we sorta bonded in college over both being Filipino and having crazy, controlling mothers. She's been my closest friend for so long, I just can't wrap my head around this." She massaged her closed eyes and forehead while Cameron listened.

"I'm really sorry, Haddie. You deserve better than this," Cameron's hand on her shoulder was warm and soft. Suddenly, Haddie was aware of a shift in the mood. Her arousal, which burned low in the bar and which generally stayed as just a passing interest when it came to women, flared. She opened her eyes and locked on Cameron's just a foot away. Something in the set of Cameron's jaw looked tense, her eyes searched Haddie's for a minute. Then the two women crashed into each other.

It was hard to say who moved first, Haddie found herself staring at Cameron's lips just as Cameron noticed Haddie's shallow breathing. They reached for each other, lips connecting hungrily.

As her mouth was enveloped in the full, warm lips of the other woman's, Haddie felt her body respond with a shiver. Her panties felt damp already as they deepened their kiss with tongues. Cameron's arms wrapped around Haddie's waist and pulled them together, tongues tangoing aggressively. Haddie's chest pressed into Cameron's larger one and she moaned at the contact. It had been so long since she'd been with a woman, devoting the last five years to Mark. The soft, warm, intensely feminine contact made her wetter.

"Wait, wait!" Cameron gasped as Haddie tried to pull her shirt over her head to get at those full breasts. "Haddie, you're drunk and hurting. I can't take advantage of you like this."

"Cameron, I want this, I need it. I'm not drunk anymore, I'm not even sure I'm hurting. I just need you. Please?" She ran her hands up Cameron's sides, delighting in the shudder she elicited.

"Have you been with a woman before?" Cameron whispered.

Haddie just smiled and nodded, tugging on Cameron's top again. That seemed to be all she needed, Cameron grabbed the shorter woman's hand and tugged her up off the sofa.

"Bedroom then."

They fell through the doorway into Cameron's snug, dark bedroom. The only light was a large, orange rock salt lamp on her bedside table. The bed was unmade and a bra was strewn across the pillows. Cameron wasted no time getting Haddie to the bed, then she finally let the other woman remove her shirt.

Haddie froze when she saw the breasts underneath. They were perfect, pale, round, and held together enticingly with a dark purple bra. Almost reverently, she reached around to unclasp the back of the richly colored fabric. As she did, Cameron's breasts spilled free, releasing pink nipples, hardened with arousal.

"Fuck," was all Haddie could manage. She dove for the nipples, mouth and fingers working them and massaging the whole orb beneath. Cameron moaned above her as her lips wrapped around a delicate nub. They fell back onto the bed with Haddie on top, sucking and touching every part of the gorgeous breasts in front of her.

"Flick them," moaned Cameron, "Flick my nipples." Haddie obliged quickly and was rewarded with Cameron arching up off the bed into her touch with a gasp. She moved her fingers across the nipples, flicking them and kissing the swell of the breasts around them. Under her, the other woman bucked up further, beginning to shake. Haddie realized what was happening a second before Cameron's orgasm crashed through her. Moans and cries of "yes, yesss" filled the otherwise calm bedroom. Haddie continued to flick until Cameron's hands stopped her.

"You came from that?" Haddie practically giggled into Cameron's hair as she leaned down to kiss the woman. Cameron just nodded and flashed a lazy, satisfied smile.

"I can't always cum from nipple play, but the way you put your mouth on me, I knew you'd be able to make me. Wow, that was great." Cameron pressed up to kiss Haddie, then slowly started to turn them around so that Haddie was under her on the bed. She pushed Haddie's blouse up and yanked it off in one smooth motion. The look of shock on her face that Haddie was bare underneath was quickly replaced by arousal.

Haddie had small breasts, she occasionally wore a bralette, but didn't really need one except to help conceal hard nipples. In the blouse she wore today, the ruffled fabric hid that, so she'd gone without. Now, Cameron was looking at her small, tanned chest with pointy brown nipples like she was a tasty dessert. The full, pink lips of the Irish girl wrapped up each nipple in a sucking kiss, taking turns between them. Haddie gasped at the pull and held the back of the strawberry blonde head.

Cameron lowered herself to slot her fingers in the waistband of Haddie's slacks. She looked up to the shorter woman for permission. When Haddie nodded, Cameron undid the buttons and yanked the black slacks off the tan legs, panties went with the pants so that Haddie lay there naked. A hot, wet tongue licked the inside of one thigh, then the other as Haddie looked down to see crinkled eyes teasing her.

"Fuck me, Cameron. Don't make me wait!"

The smile that spread over Cameron's lips quickly disappeared between Haddie's legs. She kissed the hard nub of her clit before spreading the lips with her right hand to lick up the length of her slit. Haddie's breath caught as Cameron slipped past her opening, a fact Cameron seemed to notice.