All Comments on 'Iron Bitch Ch. 01: Iron Bitch'

by Adanaliyik

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Lots of very similar stories on this topic. Usually the title is Office Bitch. One bit I did however find puzzling was your apparent desire to alienate a large portion of your potential readers by unnecessarily inserting, "Its one of the problems of having a unionized work force, that promotions are based on seniority, not competence." On the contrary, I've found that, while not perfect, unions tend to ensure that someone being promoted is at least reasonably competent in their job, whereas in non-unionised work places someone's completely inexperienced useless brother-in-law can, and often does, get the promotion.

studyingstudyingover 6 years ago
Re: anonymous - It's your story -alienate all you want!

You can tell a chemist from a unionist by how they pronounce: u-n-i-o-n-i-z-e-d.

AdanaliyikAdanaliyikover 6 years agoAuthor
Unionized Workforce

Having worked both sides of the fence, as a member of a union, and as management, unions have both good and bad sides. One of the bad sides is as I stated in my story, workers are promoted by seniority, not based on ability. If you try to promote a union worker, in the same department, over another worker that has more seniority, all hell breaks loose, unless the one not being promoted has a history of complaints against them. The problem with that, is that "just enough to get by" workers, end up as supervisors and leads, while solid performers have to "wait their turn". And, you can't file a complaint against a worker for being slow and stupid, only for actual infractions of their employment agreements. So, I stand by what I said in my story.

LonesomeBoy60LonesomeBoy60about 5 years ago
Hiding a political agenda!

Sorry, but Unions helped to build America, so your claim that union members don't qualify for their positions is trash, I lost interest after that statement. 1-star

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous