Isabel, The Beauty Next Door Pt. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Dinner was delicious, I had pasta in a cream sauce with a fillet of salmon carefully balanced on top. I noticed that Edward was talking to Isabel. I couldn't hear what was being said, but it seemed quite an in-depth conversation. I made a note to ask her on the way home about it.

As we walked back to the office Isabel leaned into me, "Jimmy, these seem like a great bunch to be working with."

I smiled at her, "has Edward persuaded you to join the company yet?"

"Not yet Jimmy, but I have promised to give it serious consideration." She answers as she snuggles my neck.

"Come on you two, get a room." One of the guys shouts as he walks behind us.

We get back to the office and everyone goes their separate ways. Edward turns to me, "James you need to go off with Debra my personal assistant, where ever she is." He looks around as he says this then turns to Lidia on the desk. "Debra is still here isn't she?" He gets a nod from her. "Can you call her mobile for me please?" He turns to me. "Ok James, if you take a seat and wait for Debra. She will go through your Induction with you." Then he turns to Isabel, "and I think it's my turn to twist your arm a little more." He smiles and points the way.

Isabel gives me a look and walks away. A couple of minutes later a middle-aged woman walks up to me, "come on James let's get the boring stuff over and done with." I am impressed with how many proactive people are part of this company.

Over the next hour and a half, we fill in a hundred and one forms on her laptop. She goes through a bit of health and safety for the building. She makes an ID card up for me and then we stop for a coffee break.

After that, I am taken to what is known as the 'Hub'. This is a beautifully designed space where the groups for each project meet and discuss their progress and any micromanaging. It reminds me of a trivial pursuit's board with a central open area with segments around the outside for more closed meetings. To me though most of them are just catching up and chatting about what had happened since the last got together. One of the guys explains that most of the time, like today. The hub is more of a social event, but once in a while, it becomes a fantastic focus group. Especially if something comes up in the meeting earlier that is either behind schedule or has become more complicated due to an unforeseen problem. That's when the hub comes into its own.

"James?" A voice calls for behind me. I turn to see the blond from earlier. I smile, excuse myself, and walk over. I offer my good hand, "Sorry we haven't been formally introduced."

"Oh, Ummm sorry James. I'm Drew, it's good to finally meet you and put a face to the name. Us newbies have been up against your name for a while now. Must admit I have impressed with you, and that doesn't happen often."

"So you was one of the people I was up against. How did I do? Nobody has told me yet."

"You held your own," she says with a nod and a knowing smile. "Anyway, can I show you what I came up with?"

"Yeah, lead the way." She walks back to one of the cubical off to the side, where she has her laptop open and the work in progress drawing of the much larger new building. "Wow, how many floors did you add?"

"I haven't run the structural load program yet, so I'm not sure how many I can." She sits and starts to move the focus to the bottom of the building. "Right I have so far done the rough structural. I will fine-tune it later." I can see where she's going and I add a couple of ideas. She makes some notes and adds a couple of ideas that she gets from what I have said. I add a couple of sketches to her notepad. "Wow, you have got my mind working in a completely different direction." She smiles at me. "Thanks, James. I like the way we bounce off of each other."

I notice people are starting to drift off as the hub starts to empty. People come up to me and say how nice it was to eventually meet me. I smile and thank them. Glancing at my watch, I can't believe nearly two hours have passed since I entered the Hub. I see Isabel come through the door and as always beams when she sees me.

She comes over and parks next to me. "Ready to go Jimmy?" She asks.

"I suppose," I glance back at Drew, and she is shutting her laptop down. "Isabel this is Drew, we've been bouncing some ideas around on a building she designing."

Drew's face looks a little worried, but Isabel just smiles at her all relaxed, and offers a hand. "Nice to meet you, Drew."

"Good to meet you, Isabel. Did they persuade you to join the firm?"

"Ahh No, but they gave me food for thought." Isabel's expression changed to a more serious expression.

Turning to Drew I say my goodbyes and again check my watch. I look back at Isabel, "I best check-in with either Edward or Andrew before we leave." Isabel nods and we turn towards the door she just came in. As we exit I ask, "Had a good day?"

"Yes very good." She answers beaming once again.

We walk back out and across to where Debra is now sitting. She looks up at me, "James I have a package for you here."

"Have you?" I answer overly excited again, I recover a little. "Edward told me earlier about it." She looks up and nods at me. "Could you also call up to see if there's anything else before we make our way home please?"

She nods with a smile and moments later Andrew is walking into reception. He holds out his hand and I shake it thanking him for the day.

"I want to thank you for helping Drew out earlier. You do know she's my oldest of three daughters?"

"What? No, I had no idea. We also went through some ideas in the Hub. "Andrew looked delighted and patted me on the back.

"Looks like we're done for the day then. Hope you enjoyed yourself. Once again James, welcome. And Isabel it was a pleasure meeting you." With that, he shakes my hand again and moves aside to allow Debra to give me a suitcase-size box. I nod and thanked her, we said our goodbyes and make our way back to the train station.

Once we settle down on the train Isabel fills me in on what was said to her. From what she is saying I can tell she is seriously thinking about taking a job there. The main persuader is the fact that I will be working there. They are hoping she will keep her options open at Cambridge. They are looking for someone who has a good grasp across a number of different areas of law and are willing to pay for the extra tuition for her to fit their criteria. Although Isabel seems enthusiastic about the possibilities, she remains cautious and the agreement she gave them was to return after her first year to talk about what she's decided to do.

******

We get home just past 7 pm to find the house still empty. Isabel heads straight home to get changed out of her more formal clothes. I phone my mother and find out they have taken Sarah and Zac to the cinema in Barnstaple and would be home around ten-thirty.

I messaged Izzy, "Hey sexy, fancy going to the Thatch for a bite to eat?"

"Is the Pope catholic," came the quick reply.

It is the beginning of the summer season and Croyde is busy, we managed to get the last bus and find a rare table free in the bar.

"Hey Jay," Rory shouts from behind the bar.

I turn to Isabel and ask what she wants to drink, "Just a Thatcher's please Jimmy."

I walk up to the bar, Rory finishes with the customer and glances my way, "Two pints of Haze please Rory." He nods and grabs a couple of glasses from above the bar. "So how's it going then, Rory?"

"Busy mate, you know what it's like this time of year. The weather's been quite good as well up to this week, so we're extra busy." He glances over at Isabel. "I'm not going to ask you how you're doing."

I look back to where his eyes are looking and get an incredible smile as Isabel sees me look at her. "Yeah, it's been a crazy last couple of months," I say holding up my cast, but beaming with a smile back at Izzy.

"Oh, I read about that in the Journal, nice one mate." I go to hand him a twenty but he holds up his hand. "That ones on me mate," and he puts his hand in his pocket and pulls out a tenner.

"Thanks, Rory," I say feeling a little uneasy about accepting the gift. "Are we too late to get a bit to eat?"

"Nah, you got till nine-thirty. You should head around back though, it's a bit quieter."

"Cheers mate, I think that might be wise," I say turning to see a large group of surfers walk through the door. I signal to Isabel to come over and tell her the plan. She grabs her pint and leads the way.

"Jay, how are you doing?" The waitress calls as we walk around to the back end of the restaurant.

"Oh shit," I say under my breath. "Hey Beth, how have you been?"

"All good Jay, just making some cash to be able to live before Uni starts." She says as she eyes Isabel by my side.

"Sorry Beth, this is my girlfriend Isabel. Isabel this is Bethany, we used to go to school together."

Beth's face drops, "girlfriend? What happened to Sam? You didn't waste much time replacing her."

I go to explain but Isabel gets in first. "Nice to meet you, Bethany."

"Oh call me Beth, everyone else does."

"Okay Beth, nothing has happened with Sam, Jay still sees her." She leaves it for a second, then adds. "He's very good at keeping us both happy." With that Isabel sees a free table and makes her way over, leaving a stunned Bethany, and me not know what to say.

I shrug my shoulders and walk over to a smirking Isabel. "Izzy, just so you know Beth is one I wanted to dance with at the prom." Isabel's eyes doubled in size and her mouth opens in an 'O'.

I smile at her, gently close her mouth with my finger, and plant a kiss on her lips. "So shall we order my lady?"

Isabel snapped out of her daze, "Ah yes Jimmy, I'm starving."

We both order burgers and chips, and I get another pint of Cider back at the bar. As I get back to the table and sit, Beth walks past. "So Jay, are you celebrating anything tonight?"

"Yes, you could say that," I say as I glance up from looking into Isabel's eyes. I leave her hanging for a moment while I take a drink. "I started my new job today, we've been to Exeter to meet my new employers and fellow employees. Signed all the necessary paperwork and had a really good day."

"Really?" Beth says pretending to be interested, but then as usual she starts talking about herself. "I'm waiting for my acceptance from Plymouth University. I'm going to study child psychology." She says with a proud look on her face.

"That's great Beth, good for you. What do you hope to do when you finish?"

"Hopefully I can get into one of the schools where the children have special needs." She spots someone trying to get her attention. "Sorry Jay, no rest for the wicked." She smiles and walks off.

Isabel leans across, "does that mean you are being paid now as well?"

"Yes, as from Monday I am receiving my wage monthly."

"Wow, I'm surprised it didn't start the first month of Uni."

"That's what I thought Iz, but Debra told me because I have signed the contracts and effectively working my pay starts now. I will need to work using the computer they've given me. Drew said she would like me to help with the project she's on some more as well, so I will be earning and learning."

"Wow Jimmy, you're a poet and you didn't know it." Then her expression changed. "Why didn't you tell Beth about going to Cambridge?"

"Not sure, I guess I just didn't want to steal her thunder." I thought about it for a moment as our food arrived. I picked a chip up and popped it straight in my mouth. "I guess I've never felt the need to brag. I always left the bragging up to Bradly when we were growing up."

Isabel's eyes lit up. "Has Bradly....you know......with Beth."

I laughed, "No, she thought he was repugnant. That's why I liked her so much." I dipped another chip in my ketchup and bit into it. I had a serious look on my face as a look around to make sure no one is listening. "I can't for the life of me think what else I saw in her. She's got the personality of a wet weekend in February."

"What other than the huge tits and long legs," Isabel says rolling her eyes.

I laugh awkwardly but have to add. "Problem is that I now have you to compare her with and she falls way short."

"Hey mister, flattery will get you everywhere." she smiles at me. "You do know that there's no need to stroke my ego like that. I can see the way your eyes look at me and nobody else seems to exist on the same level. Makes a girl feel special and loved, it also has the effect that I don't need to get jealous." With that, she takes a huge bite out of her freshly made burger. She swallows the mouthful, closing her eyes as she savors the taste.

After a moment her eyes open, "Do you realize how much I have changed in such a short time, Jimmy?"

"Your mother might have mentioned it a couple of dozen times." We both laughed as we continued to eat completely contented in our own little world.

We naturally slot together as we exit the Thatch. Walk through the village with an arm around each other, mingling with the holidaymakers who are still milling around this late at night.

We get to the bottom of the main street and I turn to Isabel, "home baby?"

"Mmmm yes please," she says looking up at me with a contented smile.

I get my phone out and find the appropriate number, "Hey Reg, it's James Stokes, are you in the area of the Thatch?"

Four minutes later Reg pulls up in his taxi and before we know it he is pulling up outside the house. I pay and Isabel all but pulls me into the house.

My mother and father are sat in the family room watching some late-night film. I stick my head around and bid them goodnight. Mum wants to ask about my day, but I tell her it will have to wait for the morning. Both Isabel and I drag ourselves up to bed. Without too much ceremony we get ready and slip under the covers. We cuddle into each other, kiss our goodnight, and close our eyes as our day comes to an end.

******

Time is flying by, days turn into weeks, and before I know it I am sat in the hospital waiting for my cast to be removed. My head injury was all but healed, the doctor is right about me having a doozy of a scare. Luckily my growing hair almost covers it most of the time. Long gone are my days of short haircuts. Isabel is as always sat next to me waiting patiently. I still wear some sort of headgear to go out, don't want to upset the kids.

"James Stokes," A nurse calls out.

I get to my feet and follow her into a side room. "Hello, James looks like it's time to get this bad boy off." She says pointing to my cast. "You know, I was the one who put this on you."

"Really? Sorry I don't remember much about that night." I say looking at the nurse showing more interest.

"Yeah, must say you are looking a little better than you did that night." She paused and looked at the side of my head where my scar is. I lift the hat that I have on out of the way. She takes a sharp intake of breath and then smiles. "I guess you will be winning the most impressive scar competitions from now on." She focuses back on the task at hand. "Right, shall we start?"

It doesn't take long to cut through the plaster with her sonic saw and then she cuts through the padding and gauze with some scissors. Before too long my arm is free and I can give it a good scratch. The nurse gives it a quick check over and then sends me on my way.

I returned to Isabel still rubbing my arm. She beams at me, this was for her is the last outward sign of the accident other than the scar. We have one last stop in the hospital and that's to see the fracture clinic doctor. He checks the last x-ray and gives me some advice on how to restore the strength to my arm without putting too much strain on it at the start.

As I walk back into the waiting room Isabel asks, "Is everything okay Jimmy?"

"Yeah all good Izzy, time to get the strength back in my arm."

"Don't you overdo it Jimmy, I don't want to come back here any time soon." The nurse behind the counter looks at me as though she is telling me to do as Isabel says. I roll my eyes and then smile at her as we make our way out.

We escaped the hospital hopefully for the last time and make our way down the hill into town. Isabel and I both needed to start getting things we needed for university together. We had both received confirmation on our places and lists of things that we will need when we start our respective courses. It became obvious very quickly that we would have to make a trip to Exeter to get some of this, so we call it a day and go to get something to eat before heading home.

Over the last weeks, I have been working with Drew on her design. I get the feeling she likes working with me because I don't treat her like the boss's daughter. After weeks of both working on the structure of the building, we now feel that we have taken the concept as far as it can go without going into fine detail such as interior design and layout of the upper stories. It turns out that most of my work has been done from home as both Andrew and Edward were out of the country.

I have enjoyed working on this and have been invited to the presentation. We will need to spend a couple of days in Exeter, so it looks like we will be imposing on Sam and Rachel's hospitality once again.

As I finish the video call to Sam it's no surprise that she's excited once again to be seeing Isabel and myself. When I hang up it occurs to me that I am unsure if she's more enthusiastic about seeing me or Isabel? The question hangs over me for about three minutes when I'm snapped out of it by a warm soft pair of lips.

Over the weeks Izzy and I have got even closer if that's at all possible. We have shared so many moments, making love has become such an intense thing between us. Don't get me wrong, we have out and out frantic sex as well. But for me, it is the moments when we just clicked together. Our bodies became one and our movement became so synchronized that we nearly always finished together with the most overwhelming orgasms. These always leave us just holding one another tightly lost in the world that was just for us.

******

September is looming and a lot has happened in the last month. I finally passed my driving test. I had a stroke of luck and was able to get a last-minute cancelation spot. Now, dad has taken it upon himself and has found me my first car. We pick it up next week, it's a five-year-old Audi A3. The guy from the dealership we are getting it from has asked if we can do some building work in exchange for the car. With a little juggling, we will be able to do that before I leave.

I went down to Exeter to watch Drew present our concept building to a consortium from Dubai. To my surprise, they are very impressed with the split-level garden idea and the overall plan. As a result, the company has been commissioned to complete the plan along with two other bids from China and the US. Andrew was stood at the back watching, the pride on his face was incredible to see. While I was there Debra pulled me to the side and asked if Isabel and I could travel up to Cambridge. They have invited me up to have a look around and meet some of my professors. Also, she has a couple of apartments for us to view.

We stayed at Sam's for a couple of days. The poor girl has got a little clingy now the start of university is getting a lot closer. She even slept with Isabel and me on the first night. I must admit, sleeping between those two was an experience I enjoyed a bit too much. Sam was working the day of the presentation so Hannah took Isabel into town to get all the books she will need for the first year of her law degree. Most of which came as an electronic download that used the same search engine. This made it possible to cross-reference and link particular facts about points of law. It's amazing how technology has been integrated into something so antiquated as most law seems to be. Well, that's my view and I am sure Izzy would tell you differently. When I told Isabel about the trip up to Cambridge she jumped at the idea. This is when the trip took a whole new meaning. Isabel has now planned for us to stop off and for me to meet some of her family. God if I'm not nervous enough about driving up, now I have to navigate north London, and meet Isabel's Grandmother. If what Zac says about her is even half right, I'm going to be in for a right grilling. Time is flying by at such a rate.

1...345678