IsabellaEmily Answers Anything

Story Info
An essay in which I answer questions from my readers.
2.8k words
4.76
5.2k
8
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
IsabellaEmily
IsabellaEmily
3,752 Followers

This isn't a story.

I'm just answering some readers' questions and submitting it as an essay here on Literotica.

Some of the questions are about me personally, and others are about my writing process and stories. I've tried to include an equal mix of both. If you have a question submit it as a comment on this essay or send me an email or leave a DM here on the message boards.

Here's a writing question: I've left comments several times on your stories asking you to go into greater detail describing a woman's pussy shape and size and color and to provide us with vivid descriptions of her pubic hair. Why don't you do this?

It's simply a matter of the way I choose to tell my stories. Advice that I took to heart when I first considered writing erotica here was to 'write what you want to read', so that's what I do.

I prefer vague descriptions of someone's eye color, hair color, hair length, height, weight, breast size, penis size, areole circumference, belly button, pubic hair, and on and on.

Having an author describe a character as a 'middled aged widow with generous breasts, a beautiful face, and a sexy shape' allows me to picture what I consider beautiful and sexy and generous. And a story I'm reading is much more erotic if I can picture someone I'm personally attracted to.

Not all authors do this of course. There are many who provide detailed descriptions and they do so quite well.

I simply choose to be vague so the reader can picture their own image of a sexually attractive 'college girl' or 'middle aged widow' or whatever. I don't think my way is better or worse, it's just a creative choice.

Often when I'm writing I have a very clearly defined picture in my mind of a character. Sometimes I'll google search something like 'brunette cheerleader' or 'pretty middle-aged woman' and scroll through the results until a picture jumps out at me and I think "That's her!" and that picture will be in my mind as I write.

The picture will help me find her voice and mannerisms and sometimes even a name for her. But I keep the picture and details to myself, so the reader won't be bound by them.

Some consider DD breasts to be ideal, and others find an A cup to be wildly sexy. I don't think it's my place to define what's sexy to you as far as appearance. I'll just tell you he or she is sexy and let you decide what she looks like.

And the same goes for describing genitals. What one reader pictures when they think of a perfect pussy or perfectly shaped cock is very different from what another pictures.

Sometimes a character needs to be described, and when I feel they should be I do it. The Skylark series for example required Skylark to be pregnant, and her belly and breasts were important in the story because her pregnancy was important, so I described them in more detail than I normally do.

Skylark was also based her on a real woman that my husband and I know because she'd asked me to write her into a story, so I made her a redhead so she could recognize herself, and I let her pick the character's name.

Another writing question: What are your limits for what you'll write about?

The short answer is that I refuse to write about anything that Literotica won't publish. Not only will such a story never make it through the submission process, but I wouldn't enjoy writing it. The whole reason I write erotica is because I enjoy it, and why invest time in a story that I don't enjoy?

There are of course things that do not arouse me, so I won't write about them, even though Literotica would allow me to. Things like vomit, feces, severe pain, blood, or humiliation that leaves a character with real hurt feelings for example. I'm not on a moral high horse about these things, they just don't appeal to me.

A follow up question from the same reader: Are there things you want to write about, but don't know how to go about working them into a story?

There are things that I'm unsure about writing into a story simply because I have no real life experience with them, and I don't want to get the details so blatantly wrong that they ruin the story for someone who is really into that specific topic or genre.

That doesn't mean I won't ever write some of those things. It just means it will only happen after lots of reading about whatever it is (both erotic fiction and nonfiction) and some conversations or correspondence with someone who has firsthand knowledge.

I've written two stories about transgender characters (My New Girlfriend Has A Penis parts one and two, and Fetish Focus: His First Cock). Those were stories I was interested in writing for quite a while, but I didn't even make the attempt until I had several conversations with a transgender woman I know in real life.

She let me ask her questions like "What do you call your penis at this stage in your transition?" and she gave me very honest and personal answers about what terminology she and other transgender woman use and prefer.

Details like that not only help the story read better, but I think they help the story come across as if the characters aren't being disrespected. I have no illusions that I'm creating high-minded art here. I'm well aware that I simply write stories about perverts fucking and being fucked.

But I'd still feel horrible if someone read one of them and felt personally disrespected. There's enough of that shit happening in the real world, without me contributing more.

Yet another writing question: I have a story idea, will you help me write it?

The short answer is probably not.

However, I am very willing to read your idea and make suggestions, both story wise and when it comes to getting it ready to submit to Literotica.

Just understand that I am very busy, with my own writing, and with corresponding with other authors, and with real life. It will almost definitely take me time to be able to help you.

I once had a guy become angry because he sent me a rough draft that was more than 9000 words, and I hadn't responded a mere three hours later. I was getting angry emails from him before I'd even opened the first email.

I'm happy to help as my time permits, and I'm certainly open to coauthoring a story with the right author, but that doesn't mean I can guarantee my time and attention. You have nothing to lose by reaching out and asking, and if you're patient I'll definitely get back to you.

Instead, I'll suggest that you get active on the Literotica message boards.

There are many authors participating there, and just reading through the forums you'll find more good advice than you'll know what to do with. And if you can't find an answer in the forums just post your question and you'll get responses.

Many authors here feel the same way I do. Other Literotica authors are not our competition. They're collaborators in making this website as erotic and sexy and interesting as it can possibly be.

If someone reads a great story here, they're more likely to want to click on another story.

If they read something poorly written, they're less likely to want to keep reading.

By helping each other strive to improve, we're all helping ourselves as well. As they say, a rising tide raises ALL ships.

And the last writing question of the day: Do you read the reviews and comments people leave you?

Absolutely!

I love to know what people think about my stories.

It's a thrill to know that something that excites me sexually has that same effect on someone else. I've had people from all over the world reach out to me with compliments, and I just love that.

I write for my own enjoyment first and foremost, but it's a privilege to be able to entertain others who like the same things I do!

Not all the comments are good, but for the most part I leave them all up. Literotica gives authors the ability to delete comments, but I've only done that once or twice, and that was when commentors said something that I felt was so mean spirited it could hurt the feelings of others who read it.

I don't like mean comments directed at my writing or me, but that's the price I pay for putting my creative work out there. But I don't think comments directed at people who enjoy a certain genre or kink or fetish are fair.

And as long as I'm writing about comments let me encourage all readers with two things.

First: create an account and leave comments with your name attached, so the writers can get back to you if they wish. All writers want to know if you liked their work and appreciate compliments.

Second: don't leave anonymous and mean comments. Constructive criticism is most always welcomed and often useful (unless you're the tenth comment in a row to point out a grammar or spelling mistake).

I write professionally, but in a technical way that includes no dialogue. Many of my early stories contain a horrendous error in dialogue formatting. I received many anonymous comments that were fairly mean and hateful about it.

I received one private comment through my email where someone took the time to show me examples of how to do it correctly. Guess which comments were useless, and which one actually helped me improve?

If you're just being mean to be mean, there's more than enough of that nonsense in the world right now.

No one sets out to write a bad story, and no one submits a story to Literotica because they want to publish a bad story. It takes a lot of courage to share an intimate part of your life through the written word, even if you're doing it through a screen name.

Critique away and offer suggestions on how they can do better. Just don't treat them like they're trying to personally ruin your day by having published something with grammatical errors in it or something you don't like.

I love (I mean I FUCKING LOVE AND ADORE AND CHERISH) the community of regular readers who have found me here and read everything I write. Their support gets me through some tough days in my real life and makes the great days even greater!

Our love of kink should unite and encourage us. But that's enough editorializing from me.

And now a few personal questions.

Do you really do all the things you write about?

No I don't.

I do lots of things that I write about. I have an amazing, frequent, and completely satisfying sex life with my husband and a few of our friends. I frequently write about pee-play and that's a kink that I indulge in with great enthusiasm.

However, I do not have sex with family members, nor do I engage in unsafe sex, despite my passion for both of those things in my fantasy writing.

And like most people, there are things I will never indulge in for moral or personal preference reasons and other things I haven't done, but would if the circumstances and partners were right.

Here's another frequent question: Is that really you in your profile pictures?

Yes, it is. Both pictures. For better or worse. I'm not a model, nor is my body perfect. But I'm happy with how I look and have posted the pictures there because I like to be looked at.

The picture by the car was taken by my husband with his cell phone when I was on my way to meet some friends for lunch. I wish I could dress sexy and strike a sexy pose and have a picture taken with a nice camera come out that well.

A related question. Can you share more pictures?

Probably not. As much as I love to chat and make friends here, my primary focus on Literotica is reading erotica and sharing what I've written.

I used to keep several pictures of myself on another platform, but I deleted that platform for personal reasons, and haven't found another place where I'm interested in keeping my photos. None of them show my face, but I still value my privacy.

I'll share photos occasionally with someone I've gotten to be friends with here on Literotica, but I don't send pictures of any kind to strangers.

I get this question at least once a week: Will you roleplay with me?

I'm not really into roleplay, at least as far as chatroom or email correspondence goes. (Real life is a whole different matter!)

I know many people I've told this to think I'm lying, but I just don't think I'm good at roleplay. I have a kinky imagination of course, but I just feel like I quickly become repetitive and boring when I'm engaging in some sort of sexy back and forth with someone in real time.

There are some really cool chat rooms here on Literotica, and I'd encourage you to get active in them and make some friends and roleplay partners.

It will probably take a while, and not every chatter is interested in roleplay. Read profiles before sending PM's and don't assume that others are into the same things you are, but if your goal is to make friends and have fun the chat rooms will pay off.

Another personal question: What does pansexual mean?

The official definition is this: Pansexuality is sexual, romantic, or emotional attraction towards people of all genders, or regardless of their sex or gender identity. Pansexual people might refer to themselves as gender-blind, asserting that gender and sex are not determining factors in their romantic or sexual attraction to others.

I think that sums up perfectly what pansexuality is, and how I describe myself.

On my profile I say that I'm a heteroromantic pansexual. That means I am only interested in romantic relationships with men, but I am sexually aroused by and drawn to other genders.

When I fantasize about candlelit dinners and holding hands on the beach it is almost exclusively with a man.

There is one woman that I have feelings like that for, and if I'd met her before I met my husband, I might very well be married to her. But I don't get those feelings for women besides her, and I'm not looking to trade in my husband anyway.

Sexually I am very drawn to women as well as men and I even find some transwomen very sexually attractive. I can make love to a woman with the same sexual passion and enthusiasm and intensity that I can with a man.

My sexual attraction is not based solely on their physical appearance or attributes, but rather their entire person. Their intelligence and sense of humor and courage and lifestyle and the way they treat others and what their priorities are all things that really draw me to a person.

And finally: What is a sexual fantasy that you have never fulfilled?

This is a great question, but I've been able to indulge in most of my fantasies, or have chosen not to because there's simply no real life way to make them happen safely.

For most of my early twenties my biggest fantasy was to pee with someone. My introduction to watersports was fairly accidental (A Wet Summer Night is a true story) and for a long time I wanted to replicate that night but take things even further.

But I've been very fortunate because I've been able to live that fantasy out over and over again with men and with women in many different places and ways.

I also enjoy cum-play and fantasize about being covered in cum by a large group of men. I would love to just sit back and let man after man after man spurt his semen all over my body from head to toe while the rest of the men watch and praise me.

I have lived out very tame and safe versions of this fantasy, but it's unlikely that I will ever be able to let it happen the way I'd really like to, and that's quite alright. We all need fantasies that are unattainable right?

Besides I have a marriage, sex life, and enough kinky experiences to make me realize how truly blessed and lucky I am. Life isn't perfect for me of course, but I simply have no business complaining about any imperfections when I'm so incredibly happy day to day.

So that's it, but don't hesitate to share your questions with me! I am an exhibitionist and attention whore, so I love to be open and honest!

IsabellaEmily

IsabellaEmily
IsabellaEmily
3,752 Followers