Island Love Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Tibby wasn't his darling lover. Wife, yes; lover, no.

There was still the issue of Nicole to deal with. He splashed water on his face and went across to the next chalet to see whether Tim was there. Nicole answered the door. She didn't look pleased to see him.

"Have I disturbed you?"

"I was practising."

Philip looked round, surprised. "You have a piano here?"

She shook her head impatiently. "I don't need it. I'm playing the Bartok third concerto in my head. It's how I learn a new piece."

"That's an impressive feat."

She shrugged. "Come in. Tim would want me to offer you a drink."

"I don't need a drink, but I'll come in for just a moment."

He followed her into the chalet, trying hard not to react to her hostility.

"You mean to take advantage of my confidences?" she asked after closing the door.

"I don't know what you mean."

"You think that because I'm a whore you can take advantage of me when Tim's not here."

"No. That's outrageous. You're not a whore and I wouldn't do that even if you were. I came for a different reason. I came to warn you to keep away from Ben."

She turned away and wrung her hands. "I know nothing about him."

"I wouldn't trust Ben. I saw you speaking to him."

"You did? What do you expect? He wants to help me."

"Not Ben. You're on holiday. You're here to rest and relax. Keep away from him."

"Why? He offered me a job which would keep me here. When Tim goes home I'll stay until I'm sure I've broken my disgusting habits."

Philip thought hard before he replied, conscious of the depth and danger of Tim's crisis.

"Don't you realise what he recruits women to do? I know some of them. A girl called Mimsy. These are single, resourceful women who can handle anything. Women old enough to understand that they exploit their bodies because they have no better use for them. They sell themselves for sex and company."

"I'm not naïve. What better way for me to spend my time? I'm a whore by nature. I may like it so much I decide to make it my career. But if not, at least I'm being true to my nature."

"No. No." Philip was horrified and struggled to find the argument to counter this heresy. "You'll destroy yourself."

"You don't think I'm up to it. I'm strong. I'm as good as your friend Mimsy."

"Please don't do it. Think of Tim."

"That's the point. He'll realise I was never worthy of his devotion. I'm doing it for him."

"Don't do it."

"I think you should go."

He left frustrated and angry, put on his boots in preparation for the agreed rendezvous with Tim and walked down the hill. The high spirits from the trip with Blister and Mimsy had vanished and he tried to put Nicole from his mind. She wasn't his responsibility, but he needed to speak to Tim and let him know what had happened.

The café was busy once more with beachgoers eager to sit in the shade and eat ice cream. He checked his watch and looked round for Tim every few seconds, anxious about what he should say about Nicole. Should he warn Tim about what he'd seen and what Nicole had said? What would Tim do? Ten minutes passed and he realised Tim was probably not coming. Then he saw his magnificent femme fatale, his Snow White. She had a book in her hand and looked round for somewhere to sit. All the tables were taken.

"Have a seat here. Remember me?" he called out to her. "I'm waiting for my friend and it looks as though he's not coming."

"This is a place where people let you down," she said and took the seat offered. There was no shyness about her and she gave him a cool look. "I only have ten minutes. This is my coffee break." She called the waitress and ordered her coffee.

Philip had one too. He wondered again what could take a beautiful woman off to work in the late afternoon in a leisure resort. It was disillusioning to think of her as another comfort girl. "Do you know Mimsy?"

She looked down her nose at him. "I know Mimsy. Why do you ask?"

"She's someone I've met. Read your book if you want. I shan't mind. My friend and I are going to climb the mountain. But now there's hardly enough daylight left."

She put down her book and looked interested in him for the first time. "You'll be alright. I've been to the summit more than once. The evening's the best time and you'll enjoy yourself. It's a mysterious place. If you're lucky you'll see a tortoise. Maybe squirrels. Goats certainly."

She didn't look like an outdoor type and Philip was surprised. She laughed at his expression. "I like the mountains. Why not?"

"You look like someone who spends most of her time in a bar."

"You're such a charmer! So what if I do? It's a place where I meet all kinds of interesting people. We all have to earn a living."

The waitress brought their coffee and another message for Philip: "Sorry. Nicole. Once more can't come."

"My friend can't come. It seems I'm fated not to climb the mountain," said Philip.

"You really want to climb?" He nodded. "I'm free in an hour. It's my evening off. I'll show you the way."

The offer was made without warning and Philip was suddenly cautious. He'd not thought much about his companion beyond her looks and that she was a high maintenance girl who'd barely noticed him. Did he want to spend time with this confident, slightly scary woman? "Quite a hike to get to the top and back before dark."

"We can do it. It's only tricky near the very top. We can get to the summit while it's still light and there'll be a moon later."

He thought her smile a little ironic. "You're serious, aren't you? Are you sure you don't have to prop up some bar for the evening?"

She laughed and wagged her finger. "I hope you're fit. I'm not giving up if you find it tougher than you imagine. I'll meet you at the top fence in an hour. Don't be late." She picked up her book and rose from her chair. "I have to get going."

"But..." Philip was lost for words. "What's your name?"

"Isabel."

She was gone.

END OF PART ONE