Isolated Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I dressed in white satin panties and matching bra with nude hold up stockings. I was conscious of him watching me as I tucked myself. William gently adjusted my bra strap which had twisted over. It was such a small gesture, but his gentleness reminded me how different he was. I fought tears. I wasn't sure why.

"Hey, what's wrong?" he asked.

I thought I had managed to conceal my tears.

"You're a special person William. I was just thinking how lucky I am. I was overwhelmed for a moment by your kindness. Sorry," I wiped my eyes again.

He pulled me close into his arms. He kissed my forehead. He stroked my hair. Another three gestures that I was learning to appreciate and enjoy.

"We can't stand here nearly naked all day. We have things to do," I kissed him quickly.

He watched as I slipped into a white blouse, navy pencil skirt with matching jacket. I found my favourite black heels with an ankle strap. I applied some light make-up. I spritzed my perfume.

"Do I look okay?" I asked him.

"You look amazing. You smell lovely. You are adorable."

"Thank you. I'm not complaining, but do you plan on being naked all day?"

"No, I will get dressed. I just wanted to enjoy the lovely view."

I blushed. I left him to dress. He joined me in the kitchen wearing a light blue shirt and black trousers.

"You scrub up quite nicely," I said handing him a mug of coffee.

"You say the nicest things to me."

You're right. You look very smart," I replied seriously.

"I wasn't criticising."

"I know, I was teasing, but I also think you really do look smart. So this is the key for the front door. I will be back in a couple of hours. Please make yourself at home. Make coffee. Relax. I'll be back before you know it."

I handed him the key: the fob was a pink heart.

"Is this also the key to your heart?"

"No, you already have that."

I'm missing you already," he said taking the key.

"William, I love you. I won't be long."

"I love you too."

I took a selfie of the two of us together. I collected my handbag. He helped me with my coat. I kissed him before setting off to visit Phyllis. As I walked I heard my heels clicking on the pavement interspersed with bird song- it was a happy tune. It was a bright clear sunny morning. I was in good spirits. I suddenly had the crazy image of myself dressed as little red riding hood skipping through the woods to Grannie's house, rather than walking down a main road in the city. I imagined white satin lingerie, a little red dress, matching hooded cloak with red heeled Mary Jane shoes. I was quite aroused. Perhaps Mike was the bad wolf, with William cast as the woodsman. I felt protected by William, but I knew I could defend myself. My past no longer terrorised me.

I arrived at the home of Phyllis. I knocked on the door.

"Hello Grannie, it's me, little red riding hood, let me in," I called through the letter box.

The door opened to reveal Phyllis laughing at me.

"Who are you calling Grannie?" she asked hugging me close.

"Hi, Mum, it's really good to see you."

"Someone sounds happier. Come in, let's have tea."

"Oh yes please, I haven't had tea for ages. No milk," I complained.

We chatted for nearly two hours, had several pots of tea with homemade shortbread biscuits. I shared my adventures. I showed her the pictures of William.

"You look and sound happy. Just don't rush into anything, okay?"

"I won't, I didn't plan any of this: it sort of just happened. William thinks the universe is plotting against us."

"He has made a big impression on you, hasn't he?"

"Yes," I admitted.

"So when do I interrogate, I mean meet him?"

"Soon, he's plenty scared of you already. I told him you were a dragon," I laughed.

"So what now?"

"I am going home. We need food shopping. Then I am going to cook something that doesn't come out of a can or is takeaway. I might open a bottle of wine."

"Sounds like a romantic dinner for two."

We hugged again. I began the walk home.

[William point of view]

Adrianna had only been gone for a few minutes. I already missed her energy and her laugh. She was a gentle, sensitive soul, but had the spirit of tempered steel. I still didn't know what terrors she had faced: I wouldn't push for answers. I looked around her apartment. I think I saw little glimpses into her character. Everything was tidy, it was minimalist- it was feminine without being frilly. I was aware of her perfume. There were three photographs on the fridge door held my pink heart shaped magnets: one of Phyllis, another of a lady I didn't know and a group photo. At first I thought it was Adrianna with her parents and younger brother, but realised the 'boy' was her. She looked so much like her older sister and her Mum.

I washed the mugs setting them in the rack to drain. I decided to go for a quick walk to the corner shop for milk. I knew she preferred tea during the day. While in the small express super market I also found myself selecting a bunch of multi coloured roses. I took a box of her brand of teabags. I tried to remember the last time I had bought flowers but couldn't. The teabags were a poor gift-I would buy something better when I had the chance. I saw a length of red satin ribbon near the till and added to my items. I returned to the apartment. I put the milk in the fridge. I cut the ribbon, tied the stems of the flowers before setting them in a vase. The other part I tied around the box of teabags tying it into a bow. I was certain she would laugh at me. I boiled the kettle ready to make myself another mug of coffee. After the last few days I felt sort of lost on my own. I truly missed Adrianna's unique presence.

I heard the phone ring: it was the land line. I paused- should I let it go to answerphone? It could be Adrianna calling me. I answered it.

"Hello."

"Is that William?" asked a woman's voice, but it wasn't Adrianna.

"Who is this?" I asked gently.

"Sorry, this is Phyllis."

"Oh, hi Phyllis, Adrianna isn't back yet."

"I know. Meet me at Addenbrookes Hospital: there's been an accident."

I think my heart skipped several beats. I found a pad and pen on the coffee table.

"Please give me your mobile number."

She told me. I wrote it down.

"Right, I'm on my way."

I grabbed my jacket, wallet, phone and the front door key. I raced outside calling a car through my phone app. It was only a five minute wait, but it felt so much longer. The car ride was twenty minutes- it felt the longest of my life. I raced into the reception dialling the number for Phyllis as I ran.

"Phyllis, it's William, I am in reception. I'm a scruffy looking guy with a beard."

"I can see you."

She cut the connection. I had no idea what Phyllis looked like. I heard someone call my name. I turned in that direction. I saw a stout, mature lady in her early fifties waving at me. She had a dark bob hair style with a serious expression.

"Phyllis?" I asked.

She hugged me.

"William. Thank you for coming. Adrianna was hit by a car."

"Where is she?"

"They are assessing her. I'm so worried. A policewoman called me using her ICE number."

"Ice number?"

"In Case of Emergency, I'm her point of contact. I didn't want to worry you, but wanted you to know."

"No, I appreciate you calling me. Let's see what we can find out," I was trying to be calm, but my heart was racing.

I held the image of her smiling face in my mind. She would be okay I prayed to the universe. A doctor approached us.

"Are you the family of Adrian Diamandis?"

"No, I'm her emergency contact. Her name is Adrianna," stated Phyllis firmly emphasising her name and the feminine pronouns.

"Sorry, no offence intended, I'm just working from the details the police gave me. I need to speak with her next of kin."

To be fair the young doctor had adapted to the situation quickly.

"I have called her parents, but they live some distance away, in the meantime would her fiancé be able to help?" asked Phyllis.

I'm not sure if the claim was fraud, but I appreciated what Phyllis was trying to do. I suppose we could always claim a misunderstanding.

"Yes, let's go into this room."

"Phyllis, I'll be right back," I promised squeezing her hand.

The doctor explained the situation which left me more than a little confused. I thanked the doctor who promised to take me to Adrianna as soon as possible. Phyllis immediately ambushed me.

"Well? What?" she demanded.

"She's okay. No broken bones, but they are giving her a scan for internal injuries. They are saying it's a miracle. She bounced over the bonnet of the car onto the roof landing in the road. The car didn't stop. The doctor will take us to her once the scan is done."

My voice broke. I couldn't speak any more. Phyllis was crying. She hugged me. We stood holding each other for quite a while. The doctor returned.

"She is very lucky: lots of bruises, some cuts and abrasions, nothing serious, but a possible concussion. She will have to stay overnight for observations. An angel was watching out for Adrianna that's for sure."

"Can we see her?" I asked.

"Yes, come with me. She needs to rest. The police need to take a statement too. I've updated our paperwork so we have Adrianna in a single room."

"Thank you, Doctor."

We arrived at the room as the nurses were just leaving. I let Phyllis go in first, but I'm not sure anything would have stopped her. Phyllis is a force that's certain. I'm happy that Adrianna has someone like her in her life. They hugged together for a few minutes. I tried to be patient waiting outside. Phyllis came out.

"She wants you. Thank you for letting me see her first. Thank you for being with me. I will talk with you after. Go, give her a hug- you both need it."

I nodded unable to find any words.

[Adrianna point of view]

I left Phyllis. I was about half way home. I began to cross at the junction as I had dozens of times before. I heard the sound of a car at speed. I saw it to my right. There was no time to react. I was swept onto the front, somersaulted over the top landing hard in the road. I thought I saw a lady in white crouched beside me. She may have spoken to me, but I'm not sure. I think I must have lost consciousness, because I next remember being on a hospital trolley with a light being shined into my eyes. Everything seemed a bit too bright. There was a chemical smell. There were lots of people talking in code.

"Where am I?" I asked.

"You're safe, this is the hospital. I'm Doctor Taylor. What's the last thing you remember?"

"A car: it hit me."

"Okay, can you tell me your name?"

"I'm Adrianna," I replied realising I was restrained.

My head was held still. I couldn't feel my body.

"I can't move, I can't feel anything," I was suddenly very frightened.

"It's okay: it's just a precaution while we assess you for neck and spine injuries. Can you feel my hand?" he asked gently squeezing my fingers.

"Yes."

It was a relief, but I was still worried that I had serious injuries. The next period of time was chaotic as they took x-rays, scanned my body, and then began to remove the protective padding that restrained me and then my clothing.

"Doctor, I need to tell you something, please."

"The police have called your ICE number: your family will be here soon," he reassured me with a smile.

"I'm not what you think."

The young nurse saw my distress. I whispered my secret. The nurse smiled. She would take care of it. Nothing was said about my gender. Everyone was professional. I guess they have seen it before. I was treated with respect and covered over. I think I lost consciousness again: maybe it was shock, or relief or both. I opened my eyes. I was in a small room. I was in a white hospital gown. Two nurses were checking my chart. I had one large bandage on my lower leg where the car had made contact and another on my elbow where I had slid along the tarmac. My head hurt, my body hurt, but I was reassured I had no serious injuries. They informed me my fiancé was here with his mum. I was confused until they admitted Phyllis.

She hugged me as we cried together.

"Am I ugly now?" I asked.

"You will never be ugly, but you are bruised."

"So I look like someone beat me up?"

She nodded. She held my hand. We didn't need to talk: just having her close was enough.

"You are young. You will heal quickly. I will be back, but you have another visitor," Phyllis revealed after a few minutes.

"Oh, is Frank here?" I asked innocently.

"No, it's William, are you sure you're okay?"

Of course William, how could I have forgotten?

"Yes, please may I see him?"

I finger combed my hair to conceal my face. William entered the room. He sat on my bed beside me.

"If you want some attention just say so," he tried to joke, but I could see he was worried.

"Just bruises," I assured him peaking at him through my hair.

"May I hug you? I don't want to hurt you."

I hugged him tightly. My ribs hurt a bit, but I needed it. I felt his hand against my hair.

"You scared me, you know?"

"Sorry."

He laughed then cried, which set me off again. It felt good to be held.

"Sorry to interrupt," called a voice from the doorway.

We looked over to discover a policewoman.

"Miss Diamandis, could I take your statement?" asked the officer.

I nodded, but didn't let go of William. I held his hand tightly. The policewoman stood with her notebook. She asked me to run through events. She made her report, asked a few questions and thanked me for my time.

"So what now?" demanded Phyllis.

If Phyllis had her way, she would have the entire British army deployed, the air-force looking for the car from the air and an emergency assembly of the UN.

"We have CCTV footage of the event. At this stage we are treating this as suspicious. We are searching for the vehicle involved. Unfortunately we don't have a description of the driver. I will keep you informed."

She left, Phyllis went with her.

"William I need some clothes: they had to cut them off. My favourite shoes are ruined."

"I will bring some clothes once they say you can leave. I'm not having you escape out of the window using bed sheets," counselled William.

I smiled and nodded my agreement.

"I, Adrianna, vow I won't try to escape using the bed sheets," I promised.

Phyllis returned.

"Adrianna, I called your parents after the accident. They know you are okay now, but they are coming to see you. They are worried about you," reported Phyllis.

"Mum, don't worry. I know you always have my best interests at heart."

"Okay, so Adrianna needs some rest. Everyone needs to go home. Visiting time is tomorrow after two in the afternoon. By then the doctors should be able to decide if you are okay to go home," explained the nurse.

"I will be back tomorrow. Love you," said William.

"I love you too. Sorry for the trouble," I replied.

He kissed my nose and my forehead.

[William point of view]

I met with Phyllis back in reception as we waited for the parents to arrive. I knew they hadn't spoken for a while, so this was going to be a difficult meeting for all involved.

"I have to admit I had reservations about you William. I still have concerns, but having met you and watching you with Adrianna, I think you have a good heart. I wish you well."

"But if I hurt your Adrianna, you will tear out my spleen and make soup?"

"You had better believe it! I will stir the soup with your thigh bone," she said hugging me.

We were interrupted by a phone call. The family were delayed due to a motorway incident. They would arrive tomorrow. I escorted Phyllis home.

"Come in for a cup of tea," she commanded.

I had no will to fight her. I acquiesced to her invite.

"Adrianna was planning on cooking for you both, so what are your plans for this evening?"

"I haven't given it any thought. I had only one thing on my mind."

"Okay, then it's settled you will eat here with me."

Over the next hour I was interviewed by Phyllis. Toughest job interview ever! MI5 should hire her immediately. I chopped vegetables. I followed instructions as she cooked. She phrased things well, but she was clearly assessing my suitability to be with Adrianna. I was honest, perhaps too honest, but I only shared my shortcomings and character flaws. I shared some of what Adrianna and I had discussed including the terrible moment I had called her Anna. That caught her attention.

"That animal hurt her. I would like to be in a room alone with him for just five minutes," she growled.

I was surprised by the fury that exploded into the room. Her aversion to him included using his name. She only referred to him as 'that animal'. I was going to joke about him being in the soup, but thought better of it.

We sat in the dining room and ate the meal. She continued her interview throughout the meal. She shared a little about herself. I think I understood her a little better: Phyllis was a widow; she couldn't have children of her own. Adrianna was the daughter she never had and was fiercely protective. May all the gods have mercy on anyone that hurts Adrianna. I think Adrianna was right: she is a dragon, a mostly wise and benevolent spirit, but she would blast your bones to ash if provoked.

"So what will you do now?" she asked as I washed the dishes.

"I have the key to Adrianna's place. I was going to sleep there tonight, go food shopping tomorrow morning, then come and collect you ready to go to the hospital. Hopefully they discharge her. I'll stay and look after her for a few days. Of course, if you would prefer to stay with her I'll get a hotel."

She scrutinised me for a moment before nodding.

"Sounds like a good plan. Make sure you have milk and her favourite teabags."

"I already collected them yesterday for when she returned from your visit."

"I think I like you William. Don't disappoint me."

I was suddenly 6 years old facing my headmistress at school. Disappointed sounded worse than having my spleen boiled into soup.

I returned to the apartment. I lay on the bed in the guest room. It didn't seem right to sleep in Adrianna's bed when she wasn't there. I don't think I slept much.

[Adrianna point of view]

I was alone for the first time in days, but ironically surrounded by people. I had tried to sleep, but each time I moved something hurt which woke me. The nurse offered me some pills, but I declined. At some point I did doze. I dreamed that William was cuddled up close behind me.

It was morning. The nurse brought me breakfast. I managed the yoghurt, juice and half a cup of what they claimed was tea. I drank water to ensure I was hydrated. The pain was less, but my body was wounded. The doctor came and assessed me. I needed to rest, but the concussion wasn't a concern. He left me in the care of my nurses.

"Miss Adrianna?" asked a nurse from the doorway.

"Yes, I'm Adrianna, but that's not my surname."

"Oh, okay, sorry. I'm Juliette. I've come to change your dressings."

"Please come in. They're letting me escape later today."

"That's great news. I see from the report you had a concussion."

She proceeded thorough a checklist. She was happy with the results and my answers.

"The only side effect was that tea tastes disgusting," I complained.

"That's not a symptom, that's just the poor excuse for what they claim to be tea," she assured me.

"Any chance I could sneak out to get a real cup of tea?" I asked.

"No, you need to rest, but I'll see what I can do regarding real tea."

"Thank you Juliette."

"You are welcome, Adrianna. I wish all my patients were this easy. Do you have any questions?"

"Do you know what happened to my bag? It has my phone in it."

"Let me investigate. Is there something you need?"

"I was hoping to tidy my face before my family arrive."

"Don't worry about that, they will be happy to see your beautiful face."