Isolated Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'm not so sure about that. They haven't seen me for a couple of years. We had a big argument. I left. I've changed quite a lot in that time."

"I'm sure they will happy to know you are well. We all change over time."

"Well the last time they saw me I was very different."

"This is troubling you, isn't it?"

"Yes, they are expecting to find Adrian, not Adrianna."

"Oh, I'm sorry I didn't know. Is that why you want to tidy your face to be the best Adrianna you can be?"

"Um, no, I didn't think of that. I wanted to conceal some of the bruises so they didn't worry."

"I have a tea break coming up. I will arrange tea, try to find your bag, even if we don't we will sort something. I can't promise professional beautician services, but I'll do my best."

"I can't thank you enough Juliette."

*

By mid-morning Juliette and her friend Kate had as promised helped fix my face. They brushed my hair too. I felt better. My handbag had been retrieved, but was with the police. Several nurses and doctors called by to see me including the nurse that I revealed my secret to when I was in the emergency room. Jane was happy to see me.

"You are looking better than the last time I saw you," observed Jane with a smile hugging me.

"Thank you for the kindness. You were very understanding when I was brought in."

"All part of the service."

We chatted for a while.

"I hear your fiancé came to see you."

"Well, yes, and no, it's complicated. I feel like I'm some sort of zoo exhibit," I revealed.

"Don't think like that. People were genuinely worried about you, and not because of your gender."

"So, I'm being paranoid?"

"Forget the labels, just be you!"

We were interrupted by raised voices from the corridor outside.

"That sounds like my father," I admitted.

"Let me see what's happening. I'll be right back."

I could hear voices, but not what was being said. The volume lowered. I wondered if they had been sent away. I couldn't see anything either which was infuriating. A few moments passed, but it felt so much longer. Not knowing what was happening made me anxious. Jane returned followed by my parents with my older sister.

"Mr and Mrs Diamandis meet Adrianna. I will leave you to talk, but please be gentle with my patient," directed my nurse.

"Hi Mum, hi Dad, hi Isabelle," I said with a little wave.

There was a moment of surprise when they saw me, but they quickly crowded around my bed. They all started talking at once. I raised my hands.

"Wait! One moment please, one at a time. I'm out of practise having three conversations at the same time," I counselled gently.

"Elena, you go first," suggested my Dad.

"You look so different! Are you really okay? When did you change? Why didn't you call us?" asked my Mum stroking my face.

"Mum, I'm sorry I worried you. Let me try to answer one question at a time. Just bruises, I'm sorry I scared everyone. They are releasing me this afternoon. So it's all good. I have been Adrianna for about six months, but it's complicated. I needed time to be me."

My Dad surprised me. He hugged me. He is a big cuddly guy, but he hadn't hugged me since I was very young.

"You look so much like your mother and your sister. I'm so sorry I drove you away. I am a stupid, stubborn old man, please forgive me," he said softly.

"I wonder where he, sorry, she, inherited that stubbornness from?" asked my Mum.

"Dad, it's okay. I thought I knew best. Of course I forgive you. Can you ever forgive me?"

He released me looking deep into my eyes.

"Yes with all my heart. I have another daughter now?" he asked with a smile stroking my hair.

"It's complicated. I haven't had surgery, but I did legally change my name."

"But you stayed as Diamandis?" asked my Dad.

"Yes, just because I'm different, didn't mean I changed my family name. I think about you all every day. I just couldn't be what you wanted me to be."

"I think we speak different languages: you and I. I want you to be happy. I want you to be safe. I want you to love and be loved. You will have to teach me so that I understand. I don't want to lose you again," offered my Dad.

"And I'll promise to listen to what you have to say, even if I don't agree."

"You call yourself Adrianna, you were named after your grandmother, you know?" offered my Mum hugging me.

"I know. I miss her too, but I'm so pleased you're all here, but I'm sorry for making you travel so far for nothing."

"No, not for nothing! Your friend Phyllis told us you were hurt in an accident, how could we not be here? I wish we, I, could have done things differently. To think we nearly lost you, it nearly broke my heart. I wish I had said so many things, and not said so many more. I've missed you so much," declared my Mum.

"I've missed you all too. I said things I regret too. Let's forget the past and just start from today. Can you accept me as Adrianna?"

"Yes," replied Mum and Dad together.

"Isabelle, you're very quiet, will you, can you tolerate a little sister?" I asked.

"I think so, it's a little weird, it's almost like looking in the mirror," she revealed.

"You are still way more beautiful than me," I replied.

"I don't think that's true, but I'd rather have a bratty pretty little sister than to lose you."

"Well please hug your bratty little sister," I requested.

"So where have you been, what happened?" asked Mum.

"That's a long story. I'll tell you more later. The quick version is... When I left home I moved to Sheffield, I had already accepted a job offer there. Then I met someone. We were together for nearly two years. We had differing points of view. We had a fight. I left. I received some help. I moved here to Cambridge. I have a good job and an apartment," I replied.

"Why do I think there is so much more to that?" asked Isabella.

"There is. I'll tell you more, but I can't talk about everything. I'm still working things out- mostly in my head," I revealed.

"You have counselling?" asked my Mum.

"Not exactly, but I have friends that have helped. Phyllis, Frank, my good friend Eleanor and William."

We talked some more.

[William point of view]

I woke and showered. I dressed. I made coffee. This was the first breakfast alone for what felt like forever. Adrianna wasn't there. I wasn't hungry, but I would grab some breakfast at the supermarket. I checked the cupboards. I made a list. It was guesswork, but I could collect more supplies later.

The supermarket visit was unexciting. I'm certain that if Adrianna had been with me it would have been an adventure. She made simple tasks a joy. I collected essentials so I could cook several meals. I returned to the apartment. I stored the items in the fridge and cupboards. I made another coffee. I ate a croissant. Time appeared slower somehow.

I called Phyllis.

"Morning William, what's the update?"

"Supermarket shop all done, but Adrianna needs some clothes for when she comes home. I don't feel comfortable going through her things. I was hoping you could drop by to help me."

I heard her laugh.

"Sure, put the kettle on, I will be there in twenty minutes."

True to her word Phyllis arrived at the apartment almost to the minute. Phyllis drank her tea. She nodded her appreciation. She went in search of clothing. She returned after a few minutes. She had located a small holdall and indicated that she had clothes. We set off for the hospital.

"Did you manage any sleep?" asked Phyllis noticing my fatigue.

"No, I'll sleep better tonight I think, knowing Adrianna is home. Did you sleep okay?"

"No, not much: too many things on my mind," she admitted, but didn't elaborate.

We arrived at the hospital at just a few minutes before two in the afternoon. We made our way to the room. I met the nurses at the ward station. I gave them a box of chocolates as a thank you.

"Adrianna's family arrived at midday. They have been with her for a while," reported the nurse.

I had hoped to talk to them first. I'm sure Phyllis had similar intentions. Phyllis charged into the room ready I'm sure for combat. We discovered a happy atmosphere.

"Hey, mum, come meet my family," called Adrianna.

"You call Phyllis mum too?" asked my confused Dad.

"Yes, it's part of that long story we talked about earlier. So introductions: -this is my Dad Alex; my Mum Elena, my big beautiful sister Isabelle. This is mum Phyllis and this is William."

There were multiple conversations all happening at once. I wanted to hug Adrianna, but I didn't want to cause a problem.

Her Dad shook my hand firmly.

"You are like a big brother to my Adrianna?" he asked.

Adrianna came to my rescue.

"Okay, so it's time for another shock: William is my boyfriend."

"I see, I think we will have a chat later," decided Alex.

"I've already had the rules of engagement explained to me. I assure I'm on my best behaviour. I don't want to lose my spleen or my thigh bone," I offered.

Everyone looked confused except Phyllis, who just looked satisfied that I had taken the warning seriously.

[Adrianna point of view]

Many of the people I loved in the world were now in my hospital room. Phyllis handed me a holdall with my clothes.

"I hope these are okay. William was a little squeamish. He didn't want to peak at your lingerie," she whispered.

I stifled a giggle.

"Can I have a little privacy so I can dress?" I asked.

"Of course, let's wait outside," suggested Alex.

"Phyllis, could you stay a minute please," I asked.

Mum and Isabelle both kissed me and left the room. Dad and William left together.

"Dad, be nice!" I called.

William rolled his eyes and closed the door.

"What's wrong?" Phyllis immediately demanded.

"I need some help dressing. I can't move my arms much. I would have asked William, but it didn't seem right with my family here."

Phyllis helped me out of the hospital gown and into white bra and matching panties. She had selected a white button blouse with black trousers. She helped me with sport socks and tied my laces on my trainers.

"Sorry to be a bother."

"You are not a bother. Now, let's take you home," she replied.

We met with everyone in the hallway. I sat in the wheelchair. I was pushed to the hospital entrance by my Dad. William called for a minibus taxi to take us to my apartment. I was pleased to be home. The afternoon flew by. Phyllis and Mum were in deep in a conversation. Dad and Isabelle were in the kitchen, allowing me a few moments alone with William.

"Sorry, we will have time alone soon, I promise," I assured him.

"Your family is important," he said kissing me on my nose.

"Yes you are," I replied.

"What's this? Kissing?" demanded my Dad playfully.

William was I am sure about to speak, but my Dad didn't give him the opportunity.

"William, I joke with you. You obviously care a great deal for my Adrianna," he added.

It was early evening when my family left. They were staying at a nearby hotel and would visit tomorrow. Phyllis also departed leaving the apartment strangely quiet.

"I didn't have chance earlier to thank you for the flowers or the tea bags."

"Tea time?" asked William.

"No, I have had enough tea for one day. I loved the ribbon around the tea box. Please sit here with me," I laughed patting the sofa beside me.

"It was intended as a little joke present for when you returned from your visit."

"I liked it. When I have my phone back I'm going to take a picture and send it to my friend Eleanor."

"She will think I am such a cheap skate."

"No, she will know you are special. I will introduce you soon."

William sat. I leaned against him.

"It seems like ages since we were last together like this."

"Yes, I've missed you. Your family has too. I wanted you to have the chance to talk."

"We did, we are, we will. Are you okay?" I asked.

"I'm fine, I just need some beauty sleep," he said kissing my hair.

"Early night then?" I suggested.

"Are you tired too?"

"No, but I'll need help cleaning my face. I need assistance undressing."

"I thought you were okay?"

"Don't fuss, please. I just can't raise my arms very high."

"That's why you were holding your mug with two hands."

"I don't want people to worry. I just need a little help until I'm healed."

"Okay. Shall I carry you to bed?"

I laughed.

"I'm not a total invalid," I said kissing him.

"I know, but let me look after you," he said lifting me in his arms.

It was a new experience for me. I was anxious that he would drop me. He sat me gently on the bed.

"You need me to call the doctor now for your back?" I asked.

"Yes. I may never walk again: you're such a big pudding."

"Hey, I'm not that heavy!" I complained.

We laughed a lot while he cleansed my make-up. He undressed me down to my bra and knickers. He undid my bra clasp. My chemise in midnight blue satin slipped over my head. It felt cool and soft and very sexy compared to the hospital gown.

"You know you have odd earrings in?" observed William.

"Yes, I know. When I had my ears pierced I had studs and hearts. When I moved to Cambridge I met Eleanor. She went through a really bad divorce. I had my own crazy stuff: we became best friends. One day she was having a really rough time. She was really low: she told me that no-one could ever love her. I took out one of my heart earrings. I gave it to her. I told her that I loved her. I gave her the earring as a symbol. We would be linked as I would have the other one. She gave me the star one in return. She told me I was a bright light in a grey world. I was a little star. When you meet her you will see she has the same odd set in one ear."

"You are very special."

"William, do you feel up to loving me?" I asked.

"Are you sure? You should be resting. We can wait until you are feeling better."

"I am better. I really would like sexy time. I can lay on my side. You can cuddle up behind me."

"Okay, if you are really sure?"

"I'll be back in a few minutes," I said heading for the bathroom.

My ablutions took longer. I returned to the bedroom. William was down to his shorts. He hugged me. We slid between the satin sheets. I wriggled until I felt his warm body pressed against my back. I felt his hands explore my thighs and bum. He kissed my neck which felt extraordinary. I surrendered to his gentle touch as he nibbled and kissed my ear. He then returned his attention to my neck while his hand found my small left breast. His hand caressed it through the satin, his fingers located my nipple. Just when I thought I would explode with pleasure, I felt his cock gently push into me. I let out a small gasp. I relaxed allowing him to push deep into me. I closed my eyes. I smiled as waves of pleasure enveloped me. Our love making didn't last long. I climaxed quite quickly as I held William tightly. I felt his surge deep inside me. We cuddled and fell into a peaceful sleep.