It Ain't Necessarily So Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Scorpio44a
Scorpio44a
2,156 Followers

I stayed quiet. He went back to work. I had been thinking about buying a bigger bar-b-que but he was working so hard on the one we had I couldn't say it wasn't big enough any more. Not right then.

More time passed and he looked at me again. "There are two women in the house that love us. Why am I upset about one that doesn't? I am so blessed to be loved by two great women! Instead I'm out here scrubbing a bar-b-que I've been thinking of replacing because it's too small for our family."

I still didn't say anything. Matt cleaned up, threw the paper towels away, put the bar-b-que back together and said, "Let's get our wives and go for a walk on the beach."

I put the stool away and followed him into the house. Sue and Ayla were on the couch in the living room. They looked at us and Matt said, "Thank you both for giving me some space. I'd like to go down to the beach and go for a walk. I don't want to go alone. I'm inviting all of us to go."

Both wives got up, kissed Matt and hurried off to get changed for a walk on the beach.

We took the mini-van. At the beach I noticed Ayla carried a notebook and two pens. As we walked Matt and Ayla walked together and Sue and I followed. Ayla got Matt engaged in a discussion about what needed to happen to get her moved in. She made notes. Sue and I let them get twenty or thirty yards in front of us. Far enough that they would know we hadn't listened. Sue whispered to me, "We're letting them bond some more. She'd never say it to you boys but as wonderful as last night was for the three of us, she really missed Matt."

A few minutes later she asked, "What did you say to Matt in the garage?"

"Not a word. He talked. I listened."

"Oh."

When we'd walked for an hour Matt stopped and bought a beverage at a snack shop on the sand. We caught up. All four of us shared the beverage. Sue tossed the empty cup and looked at Matt. He took her hand and headed back towards the van. I took Ayla's hand and we followed.

She caught me up on their conversation. She stopped holding my hand and hooked her arm with mine. She said, "I didn't know how easy it would be to love you. I knew I could do it, but I didn't know how easy or how hard it would be. I have a wish. I wish we could go to a cabin in the mountains, build a fire in the fireplace, snuggle on a couch together and watch it snow through the window. Spend a weekend being warm, cozy and in love."

"Got plans for next weekend?"

"Are you serious?"

"I have a friend who has a cabin up at Big Bear Lake. I'll call him." I got my cell phone out and speed dialed, Joe. His wife Amy answered. They had been at the funeral. They had met Marcie and Matt but they were there in support of Sue and me.

"Amy, it's Nick."

We talked for a few minutes about how we were, how they were and she expressed her condolences for Matt. I said, "We're still healing, growing and having life be enjoyable more and more. That's why I'm calling. How soon is the cabin up at Big Bear Lake available? We'd like to rent it for a weekend."

"Let me get the schedule and I'll tell you." The phone was quiet for almost a minute and she said, "The next two weekends are available. In fact you can have this coming weekend starting on Thursday."

"Book us for this coming weekend. That'll be great. Can I drive over tomorrow to get keys and things?"

"Sure. Joe will be back late tonight and he'll be happy to see you in the morning."

I thanked her and hung up. I looked at Ayla and asked, "Anything else I can do to make you happier?"

She looked around. We were on the walking and biking path with hundreds of people around us, some going north and some going south. She steered me just off the path and onto the sand. She said, "Yes, husband. Take me in your arms and kiss me the way I deserved to be kissed!"

As I gathered her in my arms I said, "I love such easy requests!" She pressed herself against me from lips to knees and we kissed. A rollerblader going by said, "Way to go GrandDad!"

When we resumed walking I saw that Matt and Sue were far ahead of us. We didn't hurry. I thought about how little I knew about the woman holding my arm and loving me. I thought about how comfortable I was with her and how easily she had dovetailed into our family.

Just before we were back at the van Ayla asked, "Do you know how much you talk when you don't say anything?"

"Huh?"

"You were thinking about how quickly I fit into the family, how easily I fit on your arm and in our bed."

"Yes, I was."

"I felt it. I love you Nick Peterson. Just a minute. She got out her notebook and made a note. She but the notebook back in her pocket and we rejoined Matt and Sue.

Matt said, "Let's go somewhere nice and have dinner."

I asked, "Nice meaning expensive or nice meaning they don't have the menu on the wall?"

"Nice means they don't have the menu on the wall."

Ayla held out her hand and Matt got a strange look on his face. "Can't I drive?" She asked.

"Oh! I didn't know what you wanted."

"Keys. I know a nice place we can go."

He gave her the keys and we piled into the van. It felt weird. Ayla drove and Sue sat shotgun. Matt and I sat on the bench. She headed south on the 405 and at the 710 she turned south again, into Long Beach. She passed a knot of restaurants and pulled into Shoreline Village. Matt smiled and said, "I promise not to cry. Ayla, I love you."

"What did I do?"

"The Lighthouse was Marcie's favorite restaurant in Long Beach." Matt said. He reached forward and put his hand on Ayla's shoulder and squeezed.

She asked, "Are you sure this is Ok? We can go somewhere else."

"This is perfect." Matt said. Ayla parked and as soon as we were out of the van Matt kissed Ayla and told her he loved her. As the four of us walked together to the front of the restaurant Ayla said, "They make my favorite chowder here. It's chunky and has corn in it."

I glanced at Matt. He had tears in his eyes. I remembered hearing Marcie say the exact same words. Our dinners were wonderful and afterwards we walked along the breakwater between the channel and the marina. Sue took the keys from Ayla and she drove us home.

She turned on the stereo and we sang along to the oldies CD she played. It ended shortly before we were home. As we turned the corner for home I saw Laura's car parked out front. Sue said, "Look!"

We all looked and as Sue turned into our driveway the headlights illuminated the porch. Laura was sitting on the porch, wrapped in a blanket. Sue stopped the van with the lights still aimed at Laura. I opened my door and got out. As I closed the door I said, "Go ahead and park."

Sue pulled the van into the garage. I walked to Laura. She stood up and dropped the blanket. It was all she had on. There were tear tracks on her face. She said, "I'm an idiot and I deserve it if no one answers the door. I started knocking at three this afternoon. I hate living alone. I hate my empty life and I was turning down more than I asked for! I can love you. I can love Sue and Ayla!"

The living room lights came on and she stood in front of the front door and knocked. It was not a timid knock. Sue came to the door and called Matt. I picked up the blanket and stood with Laura on the porch. Ayla stood behind Matt and said, loud enough for Laura and I to hear, "Open the door. Don't let my sister freeze that cute ass off!"

She went with us to Big Bear Lake. She's been in the family ever since. She has a cute gold ring that matches the one in Sue's pussy and the one in Ayla's pussy. The note Ayla made as we walked at the beach was to change her name to Peterson. She did it by marrying Matt. Victoria had to go to court to stop being Victoria and as long as she was going she changed to Laura Peterson.

The house now has five bedrooms, four baths, a hot tub and a bigger deck. Last week was the one year anniversary of the night Laura stood on the porch. We were watching a movie in the living room when Laura went to the bathroom. She snuck outside, stripped and stood on the front porch. She knocked and Matt went to the door. We all saw him and saw her. I started to laugh when Matt stopped the laugh by asking, "What do you want?"

"I want you Matt Peterson to open this door and make me the happiest woman in the world. I want you and your brother to love me and allow me to love both of you. I want to have two sisters that I can love and who will love me for the rest of our lives."

Matt opened the door. As he did a light from the street shined on Laura's naked ass. The light was from our local law. Laura and Matt waved and laughed. I don't know that they cops laughed. I mean, they are probably thirty. Laura is sixty-three. A beautiful sixty-three abut still sixty-three.

Votes and comments are encouraged.

Scorpio44a
Scorpio44a
2,156 Followers