It Ain't Paranoia if... Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

***

The surgical recovery floor was much less hectic than the ICU, and the nurses were more relaxed and accommodating. The crew showed up at five and was directed upstairs. The kids stormed in first and went to their spot under my right arm to be hugged and kissed, and to hug and kiss. I then got an update of today's activities, which centered around a shopping trip to buy some more clothes, since they hadn't brought anything and had only bought two sets each when they got here.

Kaitlyn's name was the only one that came up with shopping, but then I learned that they ate lunch with Uncle Clay and Uncle Claude, and went shopping at Midland Mall. After shopping, they went to a park near the hospital and played until it was time to come see Daddy.

I told them how glad I was to see them, and asked if they liked my new room; they thought it was prettier and the people who worked here were nicer than they were downstairs, and they liked riding the elevator. And, Dos shared, the mall had an escalator that was hard to get on and off of!

Grace pointed out the window and they started talking about a big building they could see, so I looked around. Mommy and Uncle Clay may have told them it was time to go see Daddy, but they weren't here; neither was Claude. Chris, Ron, Carlos, and Brian were, and they stepped forward to talk with me while the kids looked out the window.

After the courtesy exchanges, Brian asked, "Have you thought of anything that might help explain the attack?"

"No, but I've had little time to think, what with tests, doctors, nurses, and moving. Claude find anything out?"

"Don't know; we haven't seen much of either brother today."

"The kids say they ate lunch and went shopping with Uncle Clay, Uncle Claude, and Mommy..."

Brian looked toward the end of the bed at Chris, who shrugged. "I don't know. Like I told you, Kaitlyn dropped the kids off at my door and asked me to take them to see their Dad at five."

I looked at Carlos, who nodded and left the room. The kids rejoined us, and we all talked about my prognosis and when I might be able to get out and return home; nothing more was said about the three missing members. They left at 6:30 to go feed the kids.

Carlos returned at 7:10. "I don't know what's going on, amigo. I didn't find them or see Claude's Suburban anywhere. I've got friends I can call in to keep an eye on them, if you want."

"Nope - fuck'em!

"But I want you to get with your contacts to find out what you can about the North Koreans. I've been expecting Homeland or at least the NSA to show up, but so far nada. Not saying Claude isn't on it, but I want you on it too. Puedes?"

"Claro, amigo. I'll let you know hasta manana."

As soon as he left, I pushed the red button. "I'm hurting and I need to sleep; can you come give me something?"

"Of course, Mr. MacGregor; I'll be right in."

The convoluted conclusion is a few days away.