All Comments on 'It Didn't Work Out Ch. 07'

by -Ripley-

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
That Don character

is a lame, limp-dick obsessed asshole that will sadly lose his wife- Actually...I think that's already happened- Knowing her sexual orientation and the way she portraits him, I seriously doubt that this author will resolve this conflict in the husband's favor...and I can't really blame her- We'll see....

tygztygzabout 10 years ago

I have a variety of mixed feelings about this story... still, I give it a 5 - a story that makes you think is worth reading.

To begin with, I'm not into cuckold/hotwife/cheating stories, because I don't get the attraction there. But, this story doesn't fit neatly into the typical of those categories... it's not really cheating (more of a pseudo-poly setup, almost a bipod), the typical hotwife is doing it with more than one other, and... it *is* sort of a cuckold setup (you do someone else and I can only watch!) except there's no humiliation involved, so no. Still, there is a bit of each of those in here.

Next, the story is primarily about Bridget - to the point that it may have been better written first-person (though that's probably my personal prejudice - I love first person stories!). Sian seems interesting, from what we've seen, but she's really a supporting character. Don... he's definitely a product of our society's messed-up views of lesbian relationships (girls just get it on to make the guys horny right?), but in a way, it's hard to fault him too much - he does want his wife to be happy. Of course, the complaint comes because he's sexualized her emotional needs for himself, and that seems more important to him. It's tough to like the guy for a number of reasons.

I'd say that this arc of the story has hit a plateau, and something's got to give - Don is going to push Bridget too far, he's going to try to participate or even grope (or worse!) Sian... or, he's going to realize what he's unleashed and try to stop it; none of these possibilities would end well for him. Sian, on the other hand, will possibly (but I'm thinking less likely) find the situation too much to handle and begin to pull back, which would probably lead Bridget to chase her harder and most likely leave Don.

Regardless I have to agree with some other commentators from previous chapters - this pretty much can't end well for Don, and I for one hope that that part of this is resolved soon... but, this is only chapter 7 out of 12, so I suspect we're in for more deepening angst first.

fanfarefanfareabout 10 years ago

I agree with tygz's commentary and analysis of the storyline to this point. I admire how well Ripley has described the character of Don. With compassion and forbearance to not just turn him into farcical caricature. Aside for this obsession with sharing his wife, I would have no problem with him as a friend.

During the early years of our marriage, my wife and I had the usual ups and downs. I committed adultery and was caught. Fortunately for me, my wife was willing to repair the damage I caused with professional counseling for couples. I had to face up to my adolescent horndog attitude that all busty blondes were fair game for my taking.

Afterwards, we explored different varieties of sexual play and discovered that neither of us was willing to share or particularly got off on events such as orgies or BDSM. From that recognition of our mutual limits, we led a rather vanilla love life until my wife's death.

My problem is now, I find myself repelled by submissive women. I know too well what was done to them by the males in their lives to turn them into 'Smooth Subjects". My preference has always been for strong women who will stand up to my bloated egotism. When I push and shove at'em, they are strong enough to push and shove right back at me.

why_not_jillwhy_not_jillalmost 10 years ago
I bet this happens a lot

I think, and I have thought about this in the past. A relationship like this only works if the man involved is 1 or 2 types. The first you I think would be so secure in his relationship with wife that he would enjoy her being happy and learn how to enjoy the whole thing. The second would be the type of guy who already lets his wife walk all over him, he may not enjoy it but he is not going to do anything about it. Anyone in the middle like Don is just not going to be able to handle it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

As a male I would never interfere with two women making love with each other. To me, male participation ruins the intimacy and passion of two women engaging in an experience that is bar none.

Themaster20021Themaster20021over 2 years ago

And when will Don wake up to the reality of his situation? If ever!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
user-Ripley-@-Ripley-
I enjoy writing my stories and being able to share them and hear back from people about how they like them (or don't) is an important part of why I am here at Literotica. I appreciate all the kind things that people have said about my stories over the years. Even the critical ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES