All Comments on 'It Happened One Night'

by Tall78701

Sort by:
  • 1 Comment
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

If the aim was to get the narrator together with nextdoor neighbour Aidan, why did the writer need all the paraphernalia of the winery tour - a load of characters wheeled onto the stage & wheeled back off again, without having done anything in particular whilst they were there. I also wonder why Aidan's car was at their place, & for that matter why a semi-slewed neighbour couldn't just stagger home & retrieve the damn thing after he'd sobered up the next day. If that wouldn't work, because "next door" is several miles away under that big Texas sky, then Thom & she could surely have let Aidan stay over at their place(though not necessarily in their bed.

That's some of the logical inconsistencies dealt with. "But", you say, "it's intended to be a piece of erotic fantasy, not a realistic short story!". Fine, so make it much more interior, & let the narrator pursue her desires without needing any permission (from Thom) or conveniently getting Aidan's wife off the scene a few days earlier. Try writing a transgressive story - who knows, it might really float your little man's boat.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTall78701@Tall78701
12/4/2023 Our next story is scheduled to be released today. Reading a letter to Dear Abby in last week’s paper inspired our most recent submission. The letter delt with a wife writing Dear Abby wanting to know if it was normal for her husband to “please himself” on a daily b...